Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Venodhar Julapalli, MD
Having lived all over the South, I came to Houston in 1988. I attended Westfield High School in Spring, Texas, and was valedictorian of the Class of 1992. I entered Stanford University as a National Merit Scholar. I graduated in less than three years with a B.S. with Distinction in Biological Sciences and earned membership to Phi Beta Kappa. I was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha during medical school at Baylor College of Medicine. I then completed internal medicine residency and gastroenterology fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine. In establishing Integral Gastroenterology Center, P.A., in Spring in 2005, I've come full-circle. None of those credentials meant much when I started suffering from reflux myself. My own struggles with reflux have taught me more about gastrointestinal imbalances than any textbook or training ever could. That experience, integrated with my educational background, is what I can offer you. It's what allows me to think both inside and outside the box in teaching you to overcome your own digestive challenges. And my greatest satisfaction is when I can say to you that you don't need me anymore. When I'm not spending time with you, I enjoy being with my family, reading everything from finance to philosophy, writing about renewing the promise of medicine, and watching my beloved New Orleans Saints.

Integral Gastroenterology Center, P.A.

2950 Fm 2920 Rd Ste 180

Spring, TX 77388

Learn about Dr. Julapalli

I take a very holistic approach to gastroenterology, and medicine in general.  I stand at the intersection of traditional and non-traditional health care.  I learned the traditional at the world-renowned Texas Medical Center -- and I learned the non-traditional through my own journey with reflux. This experience has taught me the power of integrating the art and science of medicine.

What does this mean in practice?  It means that treating you isn't just about high-tech procedures and imaging studies, but also about trust and empathy.  It's not just about acute care medicine, but also about what I call "root care medicine."  It's not just about relieving symptoms with medications, but also about helping you uncover what's driving the symptoms in the first place.  And hopefully not needing medications indefinitely for them.

I believe a patient's gastrointestinal imbalances are treated best with an approach that takes biological, psychological, cultural, and spiritual perspectives into account, as appropriate to the problems at hand.  An approach that is certainly evidence-informed -- but also not evidence-enslaved.  Because there is no one-size-fits-all in medicine.  Every person is unique.  What works best for me, or the population, may not work best for you.

I have decided that the most effective model to serve you in this way is to be third-party free.  This means I do not participate in any insurance networks.  I am accountable to you directly -- not you and some insurance company that attempts to practice medicine on my behalf.  This arrangement enhances the trust that is so vital to the patient-doctor relationship.

My role in our relationship is to be your co-captain.  To get you from acute care to root care, I can help you connect the dots in your digestive illness.  Learn and apply a new map to your health.  Find the unique route to turn your ship around.  And chart a course to a new destination -- for good.

Dr. Julapalli's Experience

Dr. Julapalli's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding

• Colonoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
  • Screening Colonoscopy

Medical School | Graduated 1999
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2000
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Julapalli has no media or publications listed.

• Telugu

Dr. Julapalli does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Julapalli and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Julapalli's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Julapalli to family and friends
Dr. Julapalli Says:

I appreciate your taking the time to submit a survey.  Referrals are the lifeblood of any practice, and we want to take more responsibility for the digestive health of people in our community.  If you feel we've helped you, please refer us to others who also need help.  If you feel there are areas where we could improve, please let us know.  We value your feedback.

Dr. Julapalli's Performance
Spring, TX |
Dr. Julapalli is awesome. He takes plenty of time to listen to what's really going on and treat accordingly and doesn't send you on your way with medicine to take and no answers.
in Spring, TX |
Excellent service and no nonsense diagnosing. Very practical and thorough.
in Houston, TX |
I didn't get any fast answers, but I wasn't expecting any. At this point in my treatment, we're looking for unicorns. I got some preliminary recommendations, which I will be following.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Julapalli is a wonderful doctor. He has taken very good care of me. He is really a handson Doctor and really personable when discussing patient issues.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Julapalli is great! He takes the time to listen and doesn't rush people in and out of his office. We worked together to develop a plan to address my GI issues. 6 weeks later and things have vastly improved!
in Conroe, TX |
Dr. Venodhar Julapalli is a very good doctor. He explains everything so clear. He takes good care of his patient and see to it that they get better and healthy.
Spring, TX |
Best doctor I've ever had! Very caring and he takes the necessary time with you to discuss all your issues and treatment. I especially like his holistic approach to medicine.
in Spring, TX |
we need more drs like him. he his very rare.
Spring, TX |
He spent almost 40 minutes with me,asked me a lot of questions about my health history,my diet,my lifestyle, patiently listened to everything I had to say. I asked if I should go through an endoscopy.He said he did not think it necessary. Instead of prescribing medication,he recommended I first try to change my diet,my lifestyle etc for 3 months . I've been following his advice and am noticing improvements already. I recommended him to my nephew who was equally pleased.
Spring, TX |
Dr. Julapalli was thorough and took the time to discuss all the issues I was having. His holistic approach is appreciated.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Julapalli is always very welcoming, patient and kind. I never feel rushed in an appointment and I always feel as if I'm having a conversation with a family friend. He is very knowledgeable and conveys that knowledge in easy to understand terms.
in Magnolia, TX |
I have been a patient of Dr. Julapalli for 8+ years. He's always nice, friendly, and good at answering all of my questions. I feel very comfortable seeing him and in taking his medical advice.
Spring, TX |
he is a great Doc.. and can fix you up!!
Spring, TX |
Dr. Julapalli spent probably over an hour with me during the initial visit. He thoroughly reviewed my intake information and carefully listened to my concerns. I felt like I was the most important patient in the world, but more importantly, I believe that I received sound medical advice that will help me live my best life ever, without drugs. I also loved his holistic approach to health.
Great doctor, very helpful and easy to talk to. Highly recommend!
in Spring, TX |
Very sympathetic and caring. Gave me all the information I have been looking for. Streamlined my medications so Im not taking a half a dozen medications I dont need. I highly recommend Dr. Julapalli. He truly does get to the root cause rather than just treating the symptoms.
in Spring, TX |
He takes the time to really talk with you about your issues, not at you.
in Spring, TX |
Was recommended by Dr. Julapalli by my primary care physician. Dr. Julapalli and his staff are always wonderful, kind and welcoming. Never have to wait too long, and his advice is always straightforward.
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Julapalli has been my GI doc for over 7 years. He's a well-informed and curious doctor. He reads the latest research on general and GI health and incorporates that into his practice. Balanced in treatment and testing - doesn't over or under-treat. He cares, listens patiently, and explains conditions and treatments thoroughly. Willing to hear what you're doing on your own to improve your health with an open-mind. Staff is also great - welcoming, friendly, responsive. Worth my 40 min drive!
in Cypress, TX |
Very satisfied. He care about the service he provides to his patience.
Excellent experience
in Houston, TX |
went to him few yrs back and have had to re-visit for some more serious issues. He has been so understanding, very informative and so good at explaining process for care,etc. I feel very fortunate to have him treating me and would definitely recommend him to others
in Spring, TX |
I heard about Dr. Julapalli from other people, so I decided to give him a try next year. I am looking for a GI doctor for a colonoscopy. I would like to be able to have the option of the type of sedation given to me. I do not want the Propofol as so many other gastroenterologists use and do not give other options. Also after reading his care philosophy online I truly believe that he would be a good doctor for me.
in Nederland, TX |
No words could possibly do Dr. Julapalli justice for his incredible professionalism and knowledge. I struggled for months to find answers to the health issues I was facing and was left with more questions than answers from previous physicians. I traveled 2 hours to see him and it was well worth it. He and his staff go above and beyond to ensure you are not only well taken care of but that you have peace of mind. That on its own is priceless. Thank you again Dr.Julapalli and wonderful staff!
in Houston, TX |
Dr. Julapalli is awesome. He takes the time to listen to you and goes over everything thoroughly with you. He wants to find the root of the issue you are having and fix it. Not band-aid it with prescriptions but actually make you as a person and your life better. GI issues can turn your life upside down and he is the doctor you want walking with you on the road to wellness. He will talk with you about a plan and answer any questions you might have with 100% honesty. His staff is just as great!
in Cypress, TX |
Don't waste your time. There are much better doctors. I realized this after wasting 3 hours of my time and $200 (consultation fees approx). I had severe acidity and all the doctor did was, gave me a 30 min lecture and no medicines. Same day I went to costco and bought some over the counter medicine for acidity as per my friend's FREE suggestion and I feel a lot better. I could have bought the same medicine 6 times had I not made the mistake of seeing Dr. Julapalli.
Thanks for your feedback, Vishal. Let me clear things up a bit: Our philosophy at IGC is to address the root causes of illnesses. Medicines can serve as useful tools; I am certainly not opposed to them. And I have found that they are often not the long-term answer to root causes. I am very transparent about this philosophy, both on this website and on my own. Other doctors certainly have different philosophies, and I believe in patients' freedom to choose what philosophy works best for them.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Julapalli is my Doctor House! He listens very closely to what patients have to say and thinks deeply before coming up with an excellent plan of action. I have been his patient for years. I highly recommend him! This is coming from someone who rarely writes reviews ...
in Houston, TX |
Educated, thorough, passionate, and holistic are some of the ways I would describe Dr. Julapalli. I appreciate that he takes time answering my questions and empowers me to make choices with information he seems so happy to give - he cares.
in Conroe, TX |
Dr Julapalli is very thorough and concerned about your problem. Will talk to you and answer any questions. You never feel rushed. .
in Houston, TX |
Very patient and excellent bedside manner. Always eager to hear my concerns and address them.
in Spring, TX |
I really enjoy how Dr Julapalli starts with a holistic approach and tries to KEEP you from taking medications instead of just giving a bunch of medications! Very personable, takes his time, explains thoroughly!
in Cypress, TX |
dr,,,,, was very professional and thorough He has good bedside manner,,,,
Houston, TX |
Dr Julapalli is a ery knowleageble doctor, he takes the time to talk to his patients and answer any questions. He explains in detail your problem and options, on of the best doctors
Spring, TX |
The doctor is very informative and helpful.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Julapali is a rare doctor in the sense that he listens to his patient--I mean he REALLY REALLY listens to his patient. After my first visit with Dr. Julaplli, I knew right away that this man cares deeply about what he is doing. Most doctors I have visited rush you in and out and you don't feel that they've really listened to your problems; Dr. Julapalli took his time and listened to me describe all my symptoms and problems. He is an angel. Thanks Dr. Julapalli for being so caring.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Julapalli is very attentive to your concerns, kind and warm. He listens well and is not quick to prescribe medicine when other lifestyle changes can be made (for example, diet and exercise). He makes it his business to educate himself on ways that can truly help his patient's regain their health. I would highly recommend Dr. J based on his personality and practice.
Spring, TX |
Very happy with the process of figuring out what was causing my problem.
Excellent experience
in Mosley |
I came for digestive problems I have been experiencing and to have an overdue colonoscopy and upper GI scope. My two office visits and procedure have been informative very professional and I feel they really care about me and my health. I am 64 years old and have been to many Doctors during my life. He is definitely one of the better ones. I plan to come back and follow his guidance. I without hesitation give Dr. Julapalli and his staff top ratings.
in Houston, TX |
He did a fecal transplant on me that was sucessful. This ended niine months of illness.
Houston, TX |
Looks at health as a systemic issue rather than just treating the systems. Takes the time to listen and address any concerns you may have.
Have you seen Dr. Venodhar Julapalli, MD?

Visit Dr. Julapalli