Dr. Venodhar Julapalli, MD

Dr. Venodhar Julapalli, MD

Gastroenterology  ·

Dr. Venodhar Julapalli, MD is a gastroenterology specialist in Spring, TX and has been practicing for 13 years. He specializes in gastroenterology.Read his story

Integral Gastroenterology Center, P.A.

2950 Fm 2920 Rd Ste 180

Spring, TX 77388

Learn about Dr. Julapalli

See how frequently Dr. Julapalli performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Esophageal Diseases
Gastrointestinal Diseases
Reflux Esophagitis

Dr. Julapalli's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Julapalli's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Julapalli "Having lived all over the South, I came to Houston in 1988. I attended Westfield High School in Spring, Texas, and was valedictorian of the Class of 1992. I entered Stanford University as a National Merit Scholar. I graduated in less than three years with a B.S. with Distinction in Biological Sciences and earned membership to Phi Beta Kappa. I was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha during medical school at Baylor College of Medicine. I then completed internal medicine residency and gastroenterology fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine. In establishing Integral Gastroenterology Center, P.A., in Spring in 2005, I've come full-circle. None of those credentials meant much when I started suffering from reflux myself. My own struggles with reflux have taught me more about gastrointestinal imbalances than any textbook or training ever could. That experience, integrated with my educational background, is what I can offer you. It's what allows me to think both inside and outside the box in teaching you to overcome your own digestive challenges. And my greatest satisfaction is when I can say to you that you don't need me anymore. When I'm not spending time with you, I enjoy being with my family, reading everything from finance to philosophy, writing about renewing the promise of medicine, and watching my beloved New Orleans Saints."

This content was provided by Dr. Julapalli "I take a very holistic approach to gastroenterology, and medicine in general.  I stand at the intersection of traditional and non-traditional health care.  I learned the traditional at the world-renowned Texas Medical Center -- and I learned the non-traditional through my own journey with reflux. This experience has taught me the power of integrating the art and science of medicine.

What does this mean in practice?  It means that treating you isn't just about high-tech procedures and imaging studies, but also about trust and empathy.  It's not just about acute care medicine, but also about what I call "root care medicine."  It's not just about relieving symptoms with medications, but also about helping you uncover what's driving the symptoms in the first place.  And hopefully not needing medications indefinitely for them.

I believe a patient's gastrointestinal imbalances are treated best with an approach that takes biological, psychological, cultural, and spiritual perspectives into account, as appropriate to the problems at hand.  An approach that is certainly evidence-informed -- but also not evidence-enslaved.  Because there is no one-size-fits-all in medicine.  Every person is unique.  What works best for me, or the population, may not work best for you.

I have decided that the most effective model to serve you in this way is to be third-party free.  This means I do not participate in any insurance networks.  I am accountable to you directly -- not you and some insurance company that attempts to practice medicine on my behalf.  This arrangement enhances the trust that is so vital to the patient-doctor relationship.

My role in our relationship is to be your co-captain.  To get you from acute care to root care, I can help you connect the dots in your digestive illness.  Learn and apply a new map to your health.  Find the unique route to turn your ship around.  And chart a course to a new destination -- for good."

• Gastroenterology

• Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
  • Screening Colonoscopy

Medical School | Graduated 1999
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2000
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2005

Dr. Julapalli has no media or publications listed.

• Telugu

Dr. Julapalli does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Julapalli and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Julapalli's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Julapalli to family and friends

Dr. Julapalli's Performance

Dr. Julapalli Says:

I appreciate your taking the time to submit a survey.  Referrals are the lifeblood of any practice, and we want to take more responsibility for the digestive health of people in our community.  If you feel we've helped you, please refer us to others who also need help.  If you feel there are areas where we could improve, please let us know.  We value your feedback.

I had high expectations after reading the reviews for Dr. Julapalli, and he exceeded them by a long shot. For the first time in a long time, I feel encouraged that I will finally figure out what is causing the symptoms I've been dealing with for a long time. I wish all doctors were like Dr....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Dr. Julapalli is very imformative and explained everything step by step. He asked lots of questions about my health history to obtain a diagnosis. I highly recommend him.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Awesome visit!!!! Because of a new job starting on Monday, I really needed to see the doctor today. His staff was nice enough squeeze me in on the same day I called. Can't promise that this will happen for everyone, but it would of been mid-December before I could reschedule. Dr. Julapalli...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
Very thorough! Created a comfortable environment. Was detailed with his responses and addressing concerns.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon optionthumbs down icon option
He was very patient and receptive to everything I was telling him. He has a very positive mind set and will answer your questions in a professional and friendly manner! I definitely recommend if you are looking for a new strategy on how to attack your GI problems.