Dr. Venodhar R. Julapalli, MD

Dr. Venodhar R. Julapalli, MD

Gastroenterology | Male

Integral Gastroenterology Center, P.A. 2950 Fm 2920 Rd Ste 180, Spring, TX 77388 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

I take a very holistic approach to gastroenterology, and medicine in general. I stand at the intersection of traditional...Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Julapalli's Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Julapalli's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Julapalli

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Julapalli has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Julapalli

Dr. Julapalli's Review Details
4.9 based on 61 responses
Experience with Dr. Julapalli
Dr. Julapalli's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (49)
Dr. Venodhar R. Julapalli, MD says

I appreciate your taking the time to submit a survey.  Referrals are the lifeblood of any practice, and we want to take more responsibility for the digestive health of people in our community.  If you feel we've helped you, please refer us to others who also need help.  If you feel there are areas where we could improve, please let us know.  We value your feedback.

in Cypress, TX |
Don't waste your time. There are much better doctors. I realized this after wasting 3 hours of my time and $200 (consultation fees approx). I had severe acidity and all the doctor did was, gave me a 30 min lecture and no medicines. Same day I went to costco and bought some over the counter medicine for acidity as per my friend's FREE suggestion and I feel a lot better. I could have bought the same medicine 6 times had I not made the mistake of seeing Dr. Julapalli.
Thanks for your feedback, Vishal. Let me clear things up a bit: Our philosophy at IGC is to address the root causes of illnesses. Medicines can serve as useful tools; I am certainly not opposed to them. And I have found that they are often not the long-term answer to root causes. I am very transparent about this philosophy, both on this website and on my own. Other doctors certainly have different philosophies, and I believe in patients' freedom to choose what philosophy works best for them.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Julapalli is my Doctor House! He listens very closely to what patients have to say and thinks deeply before coming up with an excellent plan of action. I have been his patient for years. I highly recommend him! This is coming from someone who rarely writes reviews ...
in Houston, TX |
Educated, thorough, passionate, and holistic are some of the ways I would describe Dr. Julapalli. I appreciate that he takes time answering my questions and empowers me to make choices with information he seems so happy to give - he cares.
in Conroe, TX |
Dr Julapalli is very thorough and concerned about your problem. Will talk to you and answer any questions. You never feel rushed. .
in Houston, TX |
Very patient and excellent bedside manner. Always eager to hear my concerns and address them.
in Spring, TX |
I really enjoy how Dr Julapalli starts with a holistic approach and tries to KEEP you from taking medications instead of just giving a bunch of medications! Very personable, takes his time, explains thoroughly!
in Cypress, TX |
dr,,,,, was very professional and thorough He has good bedside manner,,,,
Houston, TX |
Dr Julapalli is a ery knowleageble doctor, he takes the time to talk to his patients and answer any questions. He explains in detail your problem and options, on of the best doctors
Spring, TX |
The doctor is very informative and helpful.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Julapali is a rare doctor in the sense that he listens to his patient--I mean he REALLY REALLY listens to his patient. After my first visit with Dr. Julaplli, I knew right away that this man cares deeply about what he is doing. Most doctors I have visited rush you in and out and you don't feel that they've really listened to your problems; Dr. Julapalli took his time and listened to me describe all my symptoms and problems. He is an angel. Thanks Dr. Julapalli for being so caring.
in Spring, TX |
Dr. Julapalli is very attentive to your concerns, kind and warm. He listens well and is not quick to prescribe medicine when other lifestyle changes can be made (for example, diet and exercise). He makes it his business to educate himself on ways that can truly help his patient's regain their health. I would highly recommend Dr. J based on his personality and practice.
Spring, TX |
Very happy with the process of figuring out what was causing my problem.
Excellent experience
in Mosley |
I came for digestive problems I have been experiencing and to have an overdue colonoscopy and upper GI scope. My two office visits and procedure have been informative very professional and I feel they really care about me and my health. I am 64 years old and have been to many Doctors during my life. He is definitely one of the better ones. I plan to come back and follow his guidance. I without hesitation give Dr. Julapalli and his staff top ratings.
in Houston, TX |
He did a fecal transplant on me that was sucessful. This ended niine months of illness.
Houston, TX |
Looks at health as a systemic issue rather than just treating the systems. Takes the time to listen and address any concerns you may have.
Have you seen Dr. Venodhar R. Julapalli, MD?

Compare Dr. Julapalli

• Gastroenterology

Why It Matters: Dr. Julapalli's Board Certifications

• Gastroenterology

Dr. Julapalli says..

I manage a wide variety of gastrointestinal conditions, from trouble swallowing to trouble eliminating -- and everything in between.

I have developed a particular interest in reflux, irritable bowel syndrome, and autoimmunity as it relates to the gut.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abdominal Disorders
  • Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Unexplained Weight Loss
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders

Dr. Julapalli says..

I am fully trained in endoscopic procedures including upper endoscopy, colonoscopy, ERCP, and video capsule endoscopy.  I take pride in carefully selecting patients for whom endoscopy is appropriate, having an informed discussion with patients about the pros and cons of procedures, and performing high-quality endoscopy when that is the route chosen.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Capsule Endoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Endoscopic Common Bile Duct Stone Removal
  • Endoscopic Polypectomy
  • Endoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • ERCP (Endoscopic Retrograde Cholangiopancreatography)
  • ERCP With Spincterotomy
  • Flexible Sigmoidoscopy
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Percutaneous Edoscopic Gastrostomy (PEG)
  • Screening Colonoscopy

Completed in 2002

Completed in 2005

Stanford University

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Julapalli has no media or publications listed.

• Telugu

Dr. Julapalli does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Julapalli and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Julapalli's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Gastroenterology
  • Board certified in Gastroenterology and Internal Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Julapalli

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Julapalli's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Julapalli

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Julapalli says...

Having lived all over the South, I came to Houston in 1988. I attended Westfield High School in Spring, Texas, and was valedictorian of the Class of 1992.  I entered Stanford University as a National Merit Scholar.  I graduated in less than three years with a B.S. with Distinction in Biological Sciences and earned membership to Phi Beta Kappa. I was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha during medical school at Baylor College of Medicine. I then completed internal medicine residency and gastroenterology fellowship at Baylor College of Medicine. In establishing Integral Gastroenterology Center, P.A., in Spring in 2005, I've come full-circle.

None of those credentials meant much when I started suffering from reflux myself.  My own struggles with reflux have taught me more about gastrointestinal imbalances than any textbook or training ever could.  That experience, integrated with my educational background, is what I can offer you.  It's what allows me to think both inside and outside the box in teaching you to overcome your own digestive challenges.  And my greatest satisfaction is when I can say to you that you don't need me anymore.

When I'm not spending time with you, I enjoy being with my family, reading everything from finance to philosophy, writing about renewing the promise of medicine, and watching my beloved New Orleans Saints.

Dr. Julapalli's Care Philosophy

I take a very holistic approach to gastroenterology, and medicine in general.  I stand at the intersection of traditional and non-traditional health care.  I learned the traditional at the world-renowned Texas Medical Center -- and I learned the non-traditional through my own journey with reflux. This experience has taught me the power of integrating the art and science of medicine.

What does this mean in practice?  It means that treating you isn't just about high-tech procedures and imaging studies, but also about trust and empathy.  It's not just about acute care medicine, but also about what I call "root care medicine."  It's not just about relieving symptoms with medications, but also about helping you uncover what's driving the symptoms in the first place.  And hopefully not needing medications indefinitely for them.

I believe a patient's gastrointestinal imbalances are treated best with an approach that takes biological, psychological, cultural, and spiritual perspectives into account, as appropriate to the problems at hand.  An approach that is certainly evidence-informed -- but also not evidence-enslaved.  Because there is no one-size-fits-all in medicine.  Every person is unique.  What works best for me, or the population, may not work best for you.

I have decided that the most effective model to serve you in this way is to be third-party free.  This means I do not participate in any insurance networks.  I am accountable to you directly -- not you and some insurance company that attempts to practice medicine on my behalf.  This arrangement enhances the trust that is so vital to the patient-doctor relationship.

My role in our relationship is to be your co-captain.  To get you from acute care to root care, I can help you connect the dots in your digestive illness.  Learn and apply a new map to your health.  Find the unique route to turn your ship around.  And chart a course to a new destination -- for good.