Dr. Vendie H. Hooks III, MD

Dr. Vendie H. Hooks III, MD

Colon & Rectal Surgery | Male | 67 years old

I knew that I wanted to be a doctor from the seventh grade on. I graduated from the University of Georgia in 1970 and then the Medical College of Georgia in 1974. I was attracted to gastrointestinal diseases and disorders even before I entered medical school. This likely was a result of my father almost bleeding to death from a stomach ulcer when I was a teenager. This interest was further intensified with my grandfather dying from a bleeding ulcer when I was a freshman in medical school. I initially chose general surgery rather than gastroenterology because surgeons operated on patients with these problems rather than just treating them medically. After my residency in general surgery, I wanted to train even more and for that reason I did a gastrointestinal surgery fellowship at the University of Leeds (England) under Professor David Johnston who was doing ulcer surgery without the need for removing any of the stomach. However, he was also doing surgery for ulcerative colitis and familial adenomatous polyposis whereby the anal canal and anal sphincter muscles were preserved and patient's did not require a permanent ileostomy. I became very interested in this and spent time at St. Marks Hospital in London (the birthplace of Colon and Rectal Surgery). I knew that I wanted to do a colon and rectal surgery fellowship when I returned back to the Medical College of Georgia in Augusta. I was on the full time faculty teaching at the Medical College of Georgia for 5 years after completion of the above, but did take a one year leave of absence and completed a colon and rectal surgery fellowship at the University of Minnesota. After returning to the Medical College of Georgia for a few years, I then decided that I wanted to go into private practice and I started the practice Colon and Rectal Surgery Associates, PC in Augusta. Read more

Colon & Rectal Surgery Associates

Learn about this Doctor

I strive to provide the kind of care that I would like to have. I am not the fastest when seeing patients but do strive to give each patient my undivided attention when I am with them. I adhere to the philosophy that most of the problems which occur after surgery can be prevented by how things are done during the patient's surgery. Attention to detail is upmost in my mind.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Hooks III' Experience

99Experience
Match

See how Dr. Hooks III' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Hooks III

Dr. Hooks III accepts 20 insurance carriers

20 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Hooks III has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Hooks III

Dr. Hooks III' Review Details
4.5 based on 10 responses
Experience with Dr. Hooks III
Dr. Hooks III' Office & Staff
    31 – 45 minutes (10)
Dr. Vendie H. Hooks III, MD says

I thank you for taking the time to complete the patient survey. If you are pleased with your care, I would hope that you would recommend us to others. If you are dissatisfied, I would hope that you will express this to us and allow us the opportunity to improve. Again thank you for your opinion.

in Eatonton, GA |
He's the best there is as far as colorectal evaluations and procedures!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Vendie H. Hooks III, MD?

Compare Dr. Hooks III

More Colon & Rectal Surgery Specialists like Dr. Hooks III at Colon & Rectal Surgery Associates

• Colon & Rectal Surgery
  • Gastroenterological Surgery
  • Laparoscopic Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Hooks III' Board Certifications

• Colon & Rectal Surgery

Dr. Hooks III says..

Not only have I published extensively over the years but I have spoken at numerous meetings. Even after leaving the Medical College of Georgia's full time faculty, I continued on the clinical staff and am a Clinical Professor of Surgery at MCG. In that capacity I have continued to help train surgery residents and teach medical students and PA students as well.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abdominal Disorders
  • Ulcer
  • Ulcerative Colitis

Dr. Hooks III says..

Years of experience.

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Anoscopy
  • Colonoscopy With Polypectomy
  • Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Colorectal Cancer Screening
  • Destruction of Anal Tumor
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Excision of Rectal Tumor
  • Fistulectomy or Fistulotomy, Anal
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Hemorrhoidectomy or Excision of Anal Tags
  • Hernia Repair
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Proctectomy, Open or Laparoscopic (incl. Swenson and Duhamel Procedures)
  • Screening Colonoscopy
  • Sigmoidoscopy
  • Sphincterotomy
  • Therapeutic Colonoscopy

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

Graduated in 1974

University Of Minnesota-Minneapolis Mn

Completed in 1983

University Of Georgia

Graduated in 1970

Dr. Hooks III has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Hooks III does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Hooks III and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Hooks III' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Colon & Rectal Surgery
  • Board certified in Colon & Rectal Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Hooks III

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Hooks III' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
31 – 45 minutes

Experience with Dr. Hooks III

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Hooks III' Care Philosophy