Dr. Veda Vyas, MD

Psychiatry ·  Male · Age 65

Dr. Vyas

Veda R Vyas MD

1801 Lee Rd Ste 220 Winter Park, FL 32789

Dr. Veda Vyas, MD is a psychiatry specialist in Winter Park, FL and has been practicing for 26 years. He graduated from Mysore Medical College in 1975 and specializes in psychiatry, child & adolescent psychiatry, and more.

Dr. Vyas accepts

Dr. Vyas accepts the following insurance:

Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
Health Net
Magellan Health Services
Magellan Health Services HMO
Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
PacifiCare

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Vyas' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Vyas' conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • ADHD Testing
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Behavior Modification
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Dissociative Disorder
  • Dissociative, Conversion, and Factitious Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Drug-Induced Mental Disorders
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Schizophreniform Disorder
  • Separation Anxiety
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

As a Child/ Adolescent / Adult Psychiatrist I treat a wide spectrum of Psychiatric illnesses, with 20 years of experince as a Board certified specialist, with full attention to details regarding psychological, occupational, family, social, educational substance/ alcohol problems.

• Psychiatry

2.2

Dr. Vyas?
Dr. Vyas' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Veda Vyas, MD
As previous comments state, the staff are rude and nasty. Doctor was ok but a few times overstep his boundaries. The wait is/was always over an hour. Called them out on the nastiness and the nasty “manager” told me I was discharged. I have gone here for over 5 years !!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
Receptionists are unhelpful and rude! Don’t bother calling. They’ll take your personal information and not schedule you while expecting someone to take 2 hours out of the middle of their day in the middle of the week.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
hes always listened n answered myquestions he doesnt talk downto me we have had actually had conversations thinkhes great staff usuallyu helpful but a lil uphanded wait sometimes is a pain
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
They do not have the best interest of their patients considered. Realllly stay away . Katrina is the worst receptionist ive ever encounter. Ahe must have been trained bu Ann marie. I wish I would had read reviews long ago. Ive been dropped no meds, no doc, nothing. And dropped not by my fault but because he is allowing those 2 incompetent individuals to make decisions on his behalf. Dony even bother and the wait time to see him with an appointment 2 hours.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
Never, ever would I recommend this office for anyone!!!!!!!!! Dr. is fine, staff is rude, unprofessional and arrogant!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
Office staff is disrespectful, poor management, scheduling appointments is a nightmare. I work in healthcare and this is the most unethical practice I’ve encountered and I didn’t even make it past the front desk.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
I had to leave an appt because it was an extremely!!!! Long wait. I did that 1 time in 8 years!!! When i called to reschedule. another appt. I was told He would no longer see me as a patient. The same guy, who for years, would walk in over an hour late to see his roomful of patients. Just cuz he could not get there on time. The same guy who made his patients wait 45 mins so he could watch the inauguration on TV in his office this past January. I know cuz I was there. Pretty Unprofessional!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
BEWARE! Please people take a good look at this doctors reviews before using him. There is a reason why he has so many negative reviews. This man is an extreme narcissist and his office staff is exactly the same. They are the most unprofessional and manipulative people I have ever delt with. They will tell you one thing and the next time you come in they will tell you something completely different. He over medicates and calls his patients names when you ask him anything. Nasty man and rude staff
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
I wouldn't recommend this doctor. Rude, insensitive and cold. He won't listen to the parent nor the child. He needs treatment himself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
Dr.Vyas is incredible.Hes compassionate , intelligent Doctor who treats Every patient the same.He gives each patient the time they need and doesn't force you out until Your done Sometimes this makes him a little late but it's worth it.Ive improved greatly since being in Dr.Vyas care.I would recommend him to all.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
I have spent 3 wks trying to get an initial appointment for my minor daughter because this is the only psychiatry office that accepts my daughters insurance that is not on the opposite side of town from our home and her school. They refuse to see her because I will not give them HER social security number. I told them I would be happy to provide my social but i will not for any reason give them my 13 year old daughters. I will be reporting them today to the insurance company & FL medical board
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
De Vyas forces EVERY patience to see him every month regardless of the mental issue so he can bill MEDICARE or other insurance every month to make more money. This Doctor should be investigated for medicare fraud. Other psychiatrists who I have went to over the years require a visit every 3-4 months. This Doctor and his office are disreputable....Beware of this place and their horrible operating system.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
MY DEPRESSED DAUGHTER WAS SEEING THIS MONSTER & GETTING WORSE. WITH HIS PERMISSION SHE WANTED ME TO GO WITH HER. HE YELLED CALLING HER HORRIABLE NAMES, SAYING HER BRAIN WAS FRIED. TOLD ME TO SHUT UP. SHE WAS DISSTRAUT, I TOLD HIM HE WAS AWFUL PERSON, HE SCREAMED GET OUT. SADLY SHE IS GONE & I'M RAISING MY WONDERFUL GRANDSON WHO HAS NO MOTHER. I WILL NEVER FORGET THE PAIN HE CAUSED. PLEASE DON'T SEE HIM; MOST OF ALL DON'T TAKE CHILDREN TO THIS EVIL MONSTER!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
The worst doctor I ever encountered in my whole life.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
My son's and I went to him for several years. Long before he moved to the location he's at now. I always liked him even though he would get defensive if I asked too many questions. After the move his office staff changed and quality went down fast. Wait times were always bad but after the move it was common to wait 2-3 hrs. Things fell apart when my son ran out of meds. They could not get him in for a few weeks so I got them from our family Dr. He got mad about that and told us not to come back.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
The worst experience dealing with this man I guess he felt I was desperate for medication I told him I had a bad experience with the mess he prescribed the man lied straight to my face I told him that I called as soon as I had the illness episode the receptionist told me that he said not to take the medication and to keep my appointment but he claimed I never called he is ready for retirement he clearly don't care for mentally disabled people never go there if you can he is unprofessional
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
Extremely rude and condescending. Receptionist informed me that other patients have had similar experiences with him, and judging from his ratings on the internet, I know for a fact that I am not alone. He is very dismissive and does not like to be questioned, and will respond in an ill-mannered fashion if he feels threatened by your inquries. And this was after waiting over 3 hours to be seen. Stay away unless you are willing to simply accept whatever he says/recommends without any discussion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
We have been seeing the doctor for over 10 years. We have had nothing but positive experiences with doctor. As for the staff they have always been helpful with scheduling appointments, doing prior authorizations (we have needed several throughout the years) or assisting us when needed. The staff has been great and we truly are grateful with what the doctor has done. I would recommend them to everyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
My child has been seeing this doctor for over 6 years and we have noticed a significant change in her live. This first 3 months there were huge changes in her school work and her self-confidence. Then after that, she had been doing GREAT that’s to Dr. Vyas. I would strongly recommend this doctor to all, especially anyone with a teenager.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Vyas to everyone. He has made a huge difference in my life for the better. He is great at what he does.
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Vyas?