Dr. Veda Vyas, MD

PsychiatryMaleAge 68

Psychiatry

Dr. Veda Vyas, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Winter Park, FL and has over 47 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from Mysore Medical College medical school in 1975. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Veda Vyas, MD

Veda R Vyas MD

1801 Lee Rd Ste 220 Winter Park, FL 32789 ()

Dr. Vyas' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Vyas

2.0

Dr. Vyas

SHUT THIS PLACE DOWN
This office needs to be shut down! They refused to reschedule my son (a CHILD who needs this service) unless I paid a $25.00 fee - I informed them it is 100% against the law to charge a medicaid patient a cancellation fee. I was told "THAT'S OUR POLICY". Again I said I don't think you understand my son has medicaid and It is against the low I was then told to find a new Dr. My son has been without med's for a month and it has been horrible for him in school and home. I hope that by reporting this practice to the state board, medicaid as well as sunshine Health that something gets done. The patient should MATTER and here they do not!
Mar 28, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
The doctor made a mistake and sent the wrong dose for my prescription, prescribing a third of what I normally take. I tried to contact the office about it. They took two weeks to respond, meanwhile I ran out of my antipsychotic. The office manager, Ann Marie, then made up excuses as to why nobody called me back and why they couldn't prescribe the medication at the dose that I had been taking for over a year. She blamed the situation on me and refused to let me talk to the doctor. She threatened to "discharge" me when I got frustrated with her which means make it so I can no longer be a patient at the office (as if I'm ever going back their again). As soon as she said that she walked out of the room, deciding that she would no longer help me get the medication that keeps me from going psychotic.
Emily Fox – Oct 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
Should not be practicing psychiatry. Misses diagnoses left and right, insults and belittles patients for displaying symptoms, doesn't explain purpose of meds or side effects, and he forces everyone to see him once a month so he gets more insurance money. He's some sort of narcissist who explodes at the slightly hint of disagreement or suggestion he's anything less than infailable. Absolute worst psychiatrist I've seen.
Jul 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
Office staff was terribly rude. After informing them that I was struggling with severe depression, I was instructed that I needed to fill out paperwork and send it back via email. I started a sentence with, "No . . . " To which, the office staff member immediately cut me off and sarcastically said, "Well if you won't even fill out forms you'll never get help. Have a great day." Followed with a laugh and then hung up on me. Depression is hard and sometimes we need help filling out forms because our minds are cloudy and even hurt. This terrible staff representative showed no empathy and was even mean about it. Fortunately, I was able to find another office that understood how I felt and let me finish my sentence which was, " ... I just can't handle that right now, could you help me please?" the new office I found eagerly took my information over the phone and helped me with the entire process.
Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
Terrible Customer service from both the receptionist and office manager. One visit there and I had not one but two HIPPA violations. A doctor is only as good as his staff and unfortunately they need more training on customer service.
Jason – Jan 08, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
Seeing Dr Vyas with my son was one of the worst experiences ever. I was misled to thinking it would be a face to face appointment yet we had to talk into a laptop because the doctor was in another room. The man comes across as strange. If referred to my biological son as “ my own” making my adopted son feel as if he really wasn’t. The topping on the cake was when the doctor accused me of lying on my intake form. That’s when we walked out. Please find a different doctor!
Nov 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
very good doctor, always on time and willing to listen and answered questions, has changed my life for the better
Nov 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
The ABSOLUTE WORST mental health "professional" I have EVER seen. No empathy at all. A "my way or the highway" attitude. AVOID AT ALL COST!!
Tyrone – Jun 18, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
The staff are always insanely rude and completely disrespectful beyond belief. The doctor sets up appointments for early in the morning but then doesn’t even show up until around 11:00 AM Or later. He rushes through all meetings and requires you to meet him once a month. The doctor is so disingenuous it is obvious. The staff yell at people that say literally anything to them even if it is not rude or offensive. For instance, you can ask them a genuine question because you didn’t hear something or are confused, and they will get incredibly sassy and insult or threaten you.
Apr 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
I am so sad. I went to Dr. V for help for my 6-year-old son with severe ADHD AND BEHAVIOR ISSUES. He discharged me over the phone because I was trying to explain that the stimulants were giving him hallucinations. Then he called me a bad mother several times. NOt an office for the sensitive folks like me. :(
Jayne Marie Flores – Apr 26, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
Staff is extremely rude, If someone know other Dr. please post in here I had my wrose experience ever!!!!
sharon – Apr 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
Submitted herein was a Terrible experience at Doctor Veda Vyas's office. The receptionist was very disdained and refuse to disseminate protocol with sensibility and care. Instead she was very rule, hostile, mean-spirited and disrespectful, attempting to cause dissension between a husband and wife . She abuses of position as a receptionist. The Office Manager joined in this behavior and was also very rude, angry and hostile. Doctor Vyas supported this behavior and defected their behavior onto you. They think they are right which is sad because the behavior was sinful, inappropriate and unprofessional. The nation and the world is at war and is in a major crisis with this deadly virus. They all need a spiritual awakening. In Jesus precious name. Amen.
Keesha Nance – Mar 31, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
Office is slow and the Doctor had a difficult personality.
Linden Menzel – Feb 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
These people have no business being in the mental health field. They are rude, inconsiderate and unprofessional. Their office is no longer open til 5. We called to speak with the doctor and we're told to call back at 5:30, only to find that they transferred to the answering service. Waiting time is insanely long. Twice I have been given an appointment card and the been told that I don't have am appointment that day. When you finally get to see the doctor he rushes you and gives you prescriptions. You need to check them because they have been the wrong drug or dosage. If I could give a no star review I would. Save yourself a lot of grief and go somewhere else.
Oct 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
If you go expect to be there nearly two hours. Staff is rude and indifferent. All he wants to do is put his patients on as many drugs as possible and get paid by insurance. I was feeling better so had not gone in several months. Had a relapse and when i tried to get an appointment i was told the Dr would have to decide if i was allowed back...never heard back from them again so i'm depressed and have nowhere to go...This doctor doesn't care one bit about patient care only making money.
Karen/Orlando – Sep 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
I have seen many doctors in this field but I have never had an experience this bad. Walked in feeling fine and left feeling suicidal. Won't go into specifics but this doctor way oversteps his boundaries and left me worse off than I was before I saw him. This is the opposite of what they are supposed to do in the mental health field.
hippiemii – Sep 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
As previous comments state, the staff are rude and nasty. Doctor was ok but a few times overstep his boundaries. The wait is/was always over an hour. Called them out on the nastiness and the nasty “manager” told me I was discharged. I have gone here for over 5 years !!!
Jun 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
Receptionists are unhelpful and rude! Don’t bother calling. They’ll take your personal information and not schedule you while expecting someone to take 2 hours out of the middle of their day in the middle of the week.
Dec 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
hes always listened n answered myquestions he doesnt talk downto me we have had actually had conversations thinkhes great staff usuallyu helpful but a lil uphanded wait sometimes is a pain
Treasure in orlando, FL – Sep 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
They do not have the best interest of their patients considered. Realllly stay away . Katrina is the worst receptionist ive ever encounter. Ahe must have been trained bu Ann marie. I wish I would had read reviews long ago. Ive been dropped no meds, no doc, nothing. And dropped not by my fault but because he is allowing those 2 incompetent individuals to make decisions on his behalf. Dony even bother and the wait time to see him with an appointment 2 hours.
Silva in Port Saint Lucie – Jul 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Vyas?