Dr. Veda Vyas, MD

Dr. Veda Vyas, MD

Psychiatry  |
Dr. Veda Vyas, MD is a psychiatry doctor who practices in Winter Park, FL. He is 64 years old and has been practicing for 42 years.

1801 Lee Rd Ste 220

Winter Park, FL 32789

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Vyas

See how frequently Dr. Vyas performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

ADHD and-or ADD
Impulse Control Disorders
Psychiatric Diseases

Dr. Vyas's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Vyas "As a Child/ Adolescent / Adult Psychiatrist I treat a wide spectrum of Psychiatric illnesses, with 20 years of experince as a Board certified specialist, with full attention to details regarding psychological, occupational, family, social, educational substance/ alcohol problems."

• Psychiatry

• Psychiatry
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Alcoholism (Alcohol Dependence)
  • Anorexia
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Autism
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Bulimia
  • Cocaine Addiction
  • Combination Drug Dependence
  • Depression
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Drug and Alcohol Dependence
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Eating Disorders
  • Nondependent Cocaine Abuse
  • Nondependent Drug and Alcohol Abuse
  • Nondependent Marijuana Abuse
  • Nondependent Opioid Abuse
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Opioid Dependence
  • Panic Attack
  • Panic Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Schizophreniform and Schizoaffective Disorder
  • Tobacco Use Disorder

• ADHD Testing
  • Behavior Modification
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Medication Management

• Bergen Pines Cty Hosp
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1991
  • Metropolitan Hosp Med Ctr
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1993

Dr. Vyas has no media or publications listed.

• Hindi
  • Kannada
  • Tamil
  • Telugu

Dr. Vyas does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Vyas and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Vyas' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Vyas to family and friends
2.2
Dr. Vyas' Performance
    GOOD
    GOOD
Orlando |
I had to leave an appt because it was an extremely!!!! Long wait. I did that 1 time in 8 years!!! When i called to reschedule. another appt. I was told He would no longer see me as a patient. The same guy, who for years, would walk in over an hour late to see his roomful of patients. Just cuz he could not get there on time. The same guy who made his patients wait 45 mins so he could watch the inauguration on TV in his office this past January. I know cuz I was there. Pretty Unprofessional!!!
in Debary, FL |
BEWARE! Please people take a good look at this doctors reviews before using him. There is a reason why he has so many negative reviews. This man is an extreme narcissist and his office staff is exactly the same. They are the most unprofessional and manipulative people I have ever delt with. They will tell you one thing and the next time you come in they will tell you something completely different. He over medicates and calls his patients names when you ask him anything. Nasty man and rude staff
in Winter Garden, FL |
I wouldn't recommend this doctor. Rude, insensitive and cold. He won't listen to the parent nor the child. He needs treatment himself.
in Orlando |
Dr.Vyas is incredible.Hes compassionate , intelligent Doctor who treats Every patient the same.He gives each patient the time they need and doesn't force you out until Your done Sometimes this makes him a little late but it's worth it.Ive improved greatly since being in Dr.Vyas care.I would recommend him to all.
Orlando, FL |
I have spent 3 wks trying to get an initial appointment for my minor daughter because this is the only psychiatry office that accepts my daughters insurance that is not on the opposite side of town from our home and her school. They refuse to see her because I will not give them HER social security number. I told them I would be happy to provide my social but i will not for any reason give them my 13 year old daughters. I will be reporting them today to the insurance company & FL medical board
in Orlando, FL |
De Vyas forces EVERY patience to see him every month regardless of the mental issue so he can bill MEDICARE or other insurance every month to make more money. This Doctor should be investigated for medicare fraud. Other psychiatrists who I have went to over the years require a visit every 3-4 months. This Doctor and his office are disreputable....Beware of this place and their horrible operating system.
Altamonte Springs, FL |
MY DEPRESSED DAUGHTER WAS SEEING THIS MONSTER & GETTING WORSE. WITH HIS PERMISSION SHE WANTED ME TO GO WITH HER. HE YELLED CALLING HER HORRIABLE NAMES, SAYING HER BRAIN WAS FRIED. TOLD ME TO SHUT UP. SHE WAS DISSTRAUT, I TOLD HIM HE WAS AWFUL PERSON, HE SCREAMED GET OUT. SADLY SHE IS GONE & I'M RAISING MY WONDERFUL GRANDSON WHO HAS NO MOTHER. I WILL NEVER FORGET THE PAIN HE CAUSED. PLEASE DON'T SEE HIM; MOST OF ALL DON'T TAKE CHILDREN TO THIS EVIL MONSTER!
Orlando, FL |
The worst doctor I ever encountered in my whole life.
Sanford, FL |
My son's and I went to him for several years. Long before he moved to the location he's at now. I always liked him even though he would get defensive if I asked too many questions. After the move his office staff changed and quality went down fast. Wait times were always bad but after the move it was common to wait 2-3 hrs. Things fell apart when my son ran out of meds. They could not get him in for a few weeks so I got them from our family Dr. He got mad about that and told us not to come back.
in Orlando Fl |
The worst experience dealing with this man I guess he felt I was desperate for medication I told him I had a bad experience with the mess he prescribed the man lied straight to my face I told him that I called as soon as I had the illness episode the receptionist told me that he said not to take the medication and to keep my appointment but he claimed I never called he is ready for retirement he clearly don't care for mentally disabled people never go there if you can he is unprofessional
in Rockledge, FL |
Extremely rude and condescending. Receptionist informed me that other patients have had similar experiences with him, and judging from his ratings on the internet, I know for a fact that I am not alone. He is very dismissive and does not like to be questioned, and will respond in an ill-mannered fashion if he feels threatened by your inquries. And this was after waiting over 3 hours to be seen. Stay away unless you are willing to simply accept whatever he says/recommends without any discussion.
in Winter Park, FL |
We have been seeing the doctor for over 10 years. We have had nothing but positive experiences with doctor. As for the staff they have always been helpful with scheduling appointments, doing prior authorizations (we have needed several throughout the years) or assisting us when needed. The staff has been great and we truly are grateful with what the doctor has done. I would recommend them to everyone.
Orlando, FL |
My child has been seeing this doctor for over 6 years and we have noticed a significant change in her live. This first 3 months there were huge changes in her school work and her self-confidence. Then after that, she had been doing GREAT that’s to Dr. Vyas. I would strongly recommend this doctor to all, especially anyone with a teenager.
in Apopka, FL |
I would recommend Dr. Vyas to everyone. He has made a huge difference in my life for the better. He is great at what he does.
Orlando, FL |
Charged $50 for having to cancel my appointment because of wanting to prepare for Hurricane Matthew. My appointment was at 2:00 pm Thursday. I didn't have to go to work today. I think that disks volumes. He obviously doesn't care about his patients as much as the money. Glad I'm not working for him. Scheduling the appointment to begin with was a hassle with a lot of back and forth. I would describe the intake specialist personality as blunt and take it or leave it.
in Orlando Florida |
Not happy with this man. He was very didactic, which some doctors can be, but the real problem came when I asked him why we have to come back every month. He tried to tell me that it is the law. When I asked him if the "law" had changed, his lie was exposed, so he became agitated and said that it was "his policy," and I could"take it or leave it," and I"didn't have to come back if I didn't like it." Well I don't like liars.
in Oviedo, FL |
Dr Vyas does not like to be asked questions. I have a 17 year old son that was his patient and any time I would ask a question his response would be, You don't want him on medicine? You can be dismissed and take him off. Or, You don't trust me? Then why are you here? I explained I was trying to have a conversation about my sons condition and he said This isn't therapy this is medicine management.
in Greenwood, SC |
He is a good Doctor and takes time with each patient. Now, two things: 1. The office personnel is horrible. 2. If you are wanting a Doctor that will support you for Social Security Benefits, Dr. Vyas is not the one.
Orlando, FL |
This suppose to be a doctor to help people but he just makes patients feel like crap. How are you a doctor yet your band people from your office that need help. My family is better off finding another doctor, so thank you for refusing to treat this patient. But for someone looking for a psy doc, beware of this office.
in Orlando, FL |
The psychiatrist is great, he listens to my daughter (15 yrs old) and me when we have distresses. He is very direct on issues, which is very refreshing. For over 4 years he has helped us, she doing great in school. We would recommend this doctor to anybody
in Winter Park, FL |
Excellent doctor, my daughter has been doing wonderful since she started seeing him. I have seen such a positive change in her moods, behavior and her outlook on life. This psychiatrist really knows his stuff. I appreciate his directness and how he listens to her. I would strongly recommend him to anyone. In our experience the office staff has always been nice and accommodating. All questions we have ever had for the doctor, we have always gotten an answer form the staff. Everyone I hav
in Winter Park, FL |
I would not ever recommend Dr. Vyas. I feel he is very unqualified, and honestly don't know how he sleeps at night with the wacky way he practices medicine. He is totally bought and owned by big Pharma. If you need a Rx for something, he's your guy - because he is very quick to pull out his script pad.
in Orlando |
He made me feel bad about my past
Have you seen Dr. Veda Vyas, MD?
Are you Dr. Vyas?

Visit Dr. Vyas

Dr. Vyas accepts 15 insurance carriers
  • Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • AvMed
  • Beech Street (Multiplan)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
    Tricare
    Tricare
  • Magellan Health Services
    Magellan Health Services HMO
  • Mail Handlers Benefit Plan (MHBP)
    PacifiCare