Dr. Vandana Soni, MD

Neurology •  Female • Age 55

Dr. Soni

Vandana K Soni MD

700 Old Country Rd Ste 205 Plainview, NY 11803

Dr. Vandana Soni, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Plainview, NY and has over 32 years of experience in the medical field. Dr. Soni has more experience with Epilepsy than other specialists in her area. She graduated from Sawai Man Singh Medical College, Rajasthan University medical school in 1988. She is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Soni to book an appointment.

Dr. Soni's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Soni

3.7

4.761904761904762%

Dr. Soni?
My experience with Dr. Soni was the worst I have ever had with a Dr. I found her to be very rude obnoxious and not listening after she asked what the problem is since it was my first visit with her. I would not recommend her to anyone and surprised she still has her practice.
Linda Rublowitz – Sep 30, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
I would have given zero Stars if it was possible. She's nasty. She's rude. She's obnoxious. She had no bedside manner. She was talking bad about other Physicians that my father had seen. I have never deal with such a bad professionalism from a doctor. Avoid A headache don't go there.
ANGELA brugnoni – Feb 12, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
I have seen Dr. Soni twice in the past month and she became my favorite doctor on the first visit. She takes her time to listen to all of your concerns and then takes time to explain her plan and what she thinks and what she wants you to do. When I say takes her time I mean she is THOROUGH. You don't feel like you're just another patient, she really invests in the appointment so that you leave feeling more comfortable and have a game plan. Hands down the BEST doctor I have ever been to.
Feb 06, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
I went to see Dr Soni for the first time today new patient I have never seen a doctor so compelled so intelligent so caring so knowledgeable to know and find out why my limbs and feet are numb for the past four months she did so many different nerve tests At the FIRST visit usually doctors will make you come back for another copay, NOT Dr. Soni making me feel so comfortable at the same time looking at my MRIs and my blood work up and calling doctors while I’m in the room to go over my blood work up and my MRIs. A more thorough doctor you will not find in today’s day and age I give her six stars if I could. She is the kind of doctor that you will wait in the waiting room for because you know she’s in her office with a patient dealing with their issue and helping them out to the best of her ability like you want her to help you with your disease or infliction. Be patient because she is kind so intelligent goes that extra mile for patients I was a new patient today and I left relived.Best
Eva Marie Foronjy O’Neill – Feb 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
2 weeks in a row my family had an appointment. The first week my mom waited 2 hours then walked out. This week my mom and I again waited. After 20 minutes of waiting I asked what the deal was. The manager than proceed to tell me this was a practice and not a business. She had a bunch of people reschedule to push back my appointment. If you want to go to a doctor where you don’t care how long you will wait I suggest going here. A simple phone call to me by the receptionist would have allowed me to adjust my schedule and not spend 35 minutes driving there and an hour of waiting. I walked out after sitting in the office 1 hour because I believe people’s time is valuable and I did not want to be late to my next appointment. The receptionist and office were rude and did not have a fundamental understanding of best business practices.
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jan 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
The minute she walked into the exam room I had the feeling that she thought I was wasting her time. As I talked more about my symptoms and other visits with doctors she became rude angry agitated and extremely unprofessional. 1 star because the office staff is nice
Jul 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
Dr. Soni and her staff emulate an understanding for the practice and their patients’ needs. The wait time shows why. She is friendly and concerned. Dr. Soni insures she has extensively discussed and applied all measures in order to determine the best measures for her patient. I would recommend Dr.Soni
Nancy Harvey in North Bellmore, NY – Feb 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
Understanding and a great listener. Not quick to diagnose. Takes her time
Karen S – Jan 28, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
I recently saw a neurologist, Dr Vandana Soni, in Plainview, NY. She was recommended by my spine surgeon. I am very impressed by Dr Soni. She really knows her stuff and answers all questions directly. Dr Soni tells it like it is, which is very refreshing. The office staff is very nice and the waiting time is minimal. I highly recommend Dr Soni to anyone needing the services of a neurologist.
Bill B in NY, NY – Aug 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
I am pain in the neck. I call Dr. Soni's office repeatedly. Dr. Soni was kind enough to give me her cell phone so when I had question to ask her I can call her personally. I have never had this before. It is nice to have this when you have a chronic and debilitating disease.
Ira in Commack – Aug 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
Dr.Soni is my mom'sphysician and she is excellent. She takes the appropriate amount of time, is present to the patient for as long as necessary and provides great detail and "bedside manner." She is a thorough professional and very supportive. I have yet to meet a doctor who will ALWAYS return a call; That too mostly on the same day. She cares for the patients and to her they are not just a case number. I wish there were more doctors like her.
Drupati in Valley Stream, NY – Aug 15, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
Doctor Soni immediately makes your visit pleasant with a warm and wonderful bedside manner. She is extremely knowledgeable and spends all the time necessary to explain any medical findings and answer all questions. It was a great pleasure to find such a compassionate doctor.
Arlene B in Levittown, NY – Aug 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
Never ....she was a horrible dr very unprofessional and made a huge uneducated guess with my health
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Angela forcina in Commack , NY – Jun 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
Initial interaction w Dr Soni was bringing my elderly mom there, on referral from Primary doctor..to give opinion about brain scans and tests. During appointment, she became very agitated and angry when I asked some basic questions. I'm not sure of her medical knowledge, but her people skills and temperament weren't that good. A follow up appointment had us waiting in empty reception area for an hour, until we asked and was told that doctor wasn't there...was out in emergency. Never told us.
Bob P in Melville – Jun 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
Dr Soni is a wonderful caring doctor who takes the time to listen and answer all questions. I went to her with memory problems. She had saved my sons life when his carotid artery had swollen and hampered his breathing. She called him at 10:00 PM and told him she made arrangements with the surgeon and for him to go to the hospital. Thank God he survived because she cared enough.
Natalie Marcus in N. Massapequa NY – May 11, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Soni's for 10 years and after seeing her today, I am grateful that I have found her as my doctor. Every visit her staff is courteous and polite. The wait time is minimal. She always makes time to speak with me and make sure that I am 100% before leaving her office. I would definitely recommend Dr. Soni because I feel that she is one of the more competent doctors that I have ever seen.
Marla Cooper in NY – Apr 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
Dr Soni came highly recommended to me from a family member. I found Dr Soni to be a most compassionat, caring and competent physician in her field of neurology..She explained in detail every step of her examination and patiently answered all my questions.. I have recommended Dr Soni to both friends and family. The office staff is efficient, polite and welcoming. .
Jane in Hicksville, NY – Mar 03, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
I started seeing Dr. Soni over 15 years ago for my mom who was suffering dementia problems. The doctor was extremely kind and compassionate with my mom, so I have continued with her as my own Neurologist. She always seems to have the right answers or search until she's able to come to the root of the problem. I highly recommend her to anyone with neuro problems. You sometimes have to wait a little while but she gives you the same time and attention when it's your turn.
Madaline Furst in Plainview – Feb 28, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
EXTREMELY RUDE AND INCOMPETENT! SHE ADMITTED SHE SHOULD HAVE TREATED MY WIFE MORE AGGRESSIVELY AND SENT HER DIRECTLY TO THE ER. THIS COULD HAVE PUT HER IN SERIOUS DANGER GIVEN THAT SHE HAD DISSECTED ARTERIES. HOWEVER, WE WERE TOTALLY UNDERSTANDING THAT PEOPLE MAKE MISTAKES. WE MADE A FRIENDLY CALL TO HER BILLING DEPARTMENT TO INQUIRE ABOUT A SMALL COPAY BILL (MEDICAL BILLS ARE CONFUSING). SHE CALLED MY WIFE PERSONALLY AND FLIPPED OUT LIKE A MAD LUNATIC TILL MY WAS CRYING AND SHE HUNG UP ON HER!
PLAINVIEW NY – Jan 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?
Dr Soni is a very good and thorough neurologist. She has a good bedside manner and pleasant to talk to. I feel comfortable with her. She listens to you and explains things to your understanding
michelle in bethpage NY – Nov 20, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Vandana Soni, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Soni?

• Neurology