Dr. Vance Johnson, MD

Dr. Vance Johnson, MD

Interventional Spine Medicine  |
Dr. Vance Johnson, MD is an interventional spine medicine doctor who practices in Colton, CA. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 22 years.

900 E Washington St Ste 155

Colton, CA 92324

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net of California
  • WellPoint
  • Worker's Compensation

Learn about Dr. Johnson

See how frequently Dr. Johnson performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Enthesopathy of Hip (incl. Trochanteric Bursitis)
Spondylitis
Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Johnson's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Johnson "Live life pain free. At the University Spine Institute we have passion for relieving pain and returning people to the activities and people they love. We specialize in helping patients who suffer from spine pain. We provide onsite outpatient procedures including spinal cord stimulators, lumbar and cervical epidural injections. We also provide nerve diagnostic studies."

• Interventional Spine Medicine

• Inflammatory and Toxic Neuropathy
  • Musculoskeletal Disorders
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

• Spinal Cord Stimulation
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Stellate Ganglion Block
  • Vertebroplasty

No malpractice history found for California.

• Loma Linda University, La Sierra Riverside
  • Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation, Loma Linda University Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Musculoskeletal Pain Fellow Arrowback Medical Group
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2001

Dr. Johnson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Johnson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Johnson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Johnson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Johnson to family and friends
3.5
Dr. Johnson Says:

Thank you for providing your positive feedback that will be shared with others.

Dr. Johnson's Performance
Lynwood, CA |
I was quite pleased with the doctor.
in Temecula, CA |
Dr. Johnson took the time to explain to us why his treatments may (or may not) work for the existing conditions. Was very compassionate and understanding and provided more than one solution optio.
in Temecula, Ca |
He is very knowledgeable He explains everything in terms I can understand.
in Menifee, CA |
From my very first appointment I felt I was in good hands. He answered all my questions, and I'm one to have a long list. He let me know all my options. He prefers to focus on less invasive procedures before recommending surgery. I never feel rushed and his staff is as dedicated to their patients as he is. I feel I am in great hands as I approach this aging process and I appreciate his attitude regarding life and helping me to continue to be able to do the things I love.
in Murrieta, CA |
When I walk into Dr. Johnson's office I am immediately greeted with a friendly smile and greeting. Dr. Johnson reviewed my MRI and EMG reports and spent time with me explaining in detail what was causing my low back pain and pain shooting down my legs. Dr. Johnson recommended epidural injections which I had done. I have been pain free for 6 months, and am able to walk and play golf again.
in Menifee, CA |
I went to Dr Vance Johnson last year with major back pain radiating out into my shoulder and arm He ordered MRI and nerve test. Determined I had pinched nerve in my lower back. Scheduled epidural injections and after the 2nd injection pain was gone and has not return in over a year. My mom (the most precious person in the world to me) has been having problems with her back and so I naturally insisted she go to see Dr Johnson. He isolated the problem and will be doing some epidural injection.
in Temecula, CA |
Dr. Johnson has always listened to me and repeats back more concisely what I tell him. He takes the time to explain why I'm having the problem I'm there for and the ways he might be able to help, or not, and why. If he's unable to help, he directs me to the right provider or therapy. He and his staff are very professional, pleasant and extremely well organized. They have always done their best to address my concerns and help me to achieve a solution and relief as soon as possible.
in Murrieta, CA |
I finally found a doctor that gives me hope from this persistent and unrelenting pain. I did not want to rely pain medications and he follows a similar philosophy. He is extremely knowledgeable and sincere. I truly felt like he wanted to take the time to understand my concerns. I've had one injection so far and already notice a big difference. I am so very thankful for this doctor and his wonderful team!
in Murrieta, CA |
Dr. Johnson is extremely competent, compassionate, and professional. I feel he is completely committed to giving 100% quality care to his patients. His staff is wonderful, I am always greeted with a welcoming smile. I refer all my family and friends to come and see him. They also describe their experience as great one and Dr. Johnson is so sincere.
in Palm Springs, CA |
Dr. Johnson has the patience of a saint. Dr. Johnson is the best at his subspecialty, which is Interventional Spine Medicine. I am a doctor and know how anonymous complaints from angry people who misbehave because of opioids or long pain can mislead. Make not mistake. Dr. Johnson is kind AND brilliant. I have trusted him with my own spine and am glad I found him. If he will see you, LISTEN. I am much better for it. Dr. Johnson is a rare gem.
in Murrieta, CA |
Dr. Johnson is the BEST I read the other reviews. Few angry people who said bad things, must not have wanted to listen or chose a better way. I don't know how Dr. can listen to many people complain and still be so kind. I've seen him treat rude people kindly. He used my own MRI and explained things to me. I was not so nice at first but he was patient. People in pain are jerks. Dr. Johnson asked important questions I had not thought of. I almost missed out. I'm so grateful to Dr. Johnson and his
in Fallbrook, CA |
After many sessions with Dr Johnson, and two procedures, I continue to have a great deal of pain and no relief. On my third procedure my spinal cord was hit and now my whole left side from the waist down and part of my right foot is numb. Do not have these procedures! They are useless, no matter what they tell you, they do not work! Not only did he hit my spinal cord, but never admitted it, I had to have a neurologist go over the MRI to tell me that is what happened!!
in Hemet, CA |
Dr. Johnson has been a wonderful blessing in helping me cope with very severe pain problems. I recommend him to anyone relating they have spine problems.
Dr. Johnson is incredibly gifted when it comes to pain management, but has another side to him that can leave one in tears. For some reason, he has a very rude manner about him if you say something that somehow sets him off. I left his office in tears, feeling much worse than when I arrived, and will find a doctor with both talent AND graciousness in the future. I hope he can begin to live up to the quotes on his wall. It's a shame to see such talent tainted due to rudeness and arrogance.
in Riverside, CA |
I have seen Dr. Johnson for approximately ten years for degenerative low back problems. His care and expertise are consistently exceptional. Literally, without his care, I would very likely be in a wheelchair today. One surgeon predicted this outcome. I have issues, but, thanks to Dr. Johnson's care, I lead an active life. Although Dr. Johnson specializes in back related issues, he sees and treats his patients as a whole person, not as a mindless bad back.
in Murrieta, CA |
Dr. Johnson was very personable and knowledgable. He is great and so is his staff.
Have you seen Dr. Vance Johnson, MD?
Are you Dr. Johnson?