Dr. Valery Lipenko, MD

NeurologyMaleAge 52

Dr. Valery Lipenko, MD is a Neurology Specialist in Bedford, TX. Dr. Lipenko has more experience with Headache, Epilepsy, and Sleep Disorders than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with Texas Health Heb. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Lipenko to book an appointment.

Neurology Specialists of North Texas

1604 Hospital Pkwy Ste 200 Bedford, TX 76022
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Neurology Specialists in your area

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Lipenko is affiliated with Texas Health Heb Bedford, a highly rated hospital.

• Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

No malpractice claims found for Texas

Frequently Treated by Dr. Lipenko

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Lipenko treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Lipenko treats other conditions, please contact the office at (817) 848-4485.

Headache

Headache is a common symptom that can sometimes signal a more serious condition, such as migraine, high blood pressure, or cerebral hemorrhage.Compare with other Headache specialists.

Dr. Lipenko is experienced in the area of Headache. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 6 conditions and procedures

Similar Providers
All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Migraine
Tension Headache
Headache

Epilepsy

Epilepsy specialists diagnose and treat spectrum of brain disorders that cause seizures due to an interruption of normal nerve activity in the brain.Compare with other Epilepsy specialists.

Dr. Lipenko is experienced in the area of Epilepsy. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 3 conditions and procedures

Essential Tremor
EEG (Electroencephalogram)
Epilepsy
Seizure Disorders

Sleep Disorders

Sleep disorders specialists diagnose and treat conditions that disrupt sleep, including insomnia, narcolepsy, restless legs syndrome, and sleep apnea.Compare with other Sleep Disorders specialists.

Dr. Lipenko is experienced in the area of Sleep Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 4 conditions and procedures

Insomnia
Narcolepsy and Cataplexy

Neurodegenerative Disorders

Neurodegenerative disorders specialists diagnose and treat diseases, such as Parkinson's disease, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), Lewy body disease, and Huntington's disease, that break down motor neurons, resulting in debiliating and life-threatening symptoms.Compare with other Neurodegenerative Disorders specialists.

Dr. Lipenko is experienced in the area of Neurodegenerative Disorders. See the graph below to learn more about his experience.

Based on claims data for 8 conditions and procedures

• Insomnia
  • Lyme Disease
  • Memory Evaluation
  • Menstrual Migraine
  • Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
  • Muscular Dystrophy (MD)
  • Myasthenia Gravis
  • Myoclonus
  • Narcolepsy and Cataplexy
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Conduction Studies
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation
  • Polyneuropathy
  • Polyneuropathy Due to Alcohol and Drugs
  • Post-Concussion Syndrome
  • Postherpetic Neuralgia
  • Progressive Supranuclear Palsy (PSP)
  • Pseudobulbar Affect
  • Quantitative Sensory Test (QST)
  • Rasmussen's Syndrome
  • Tension Headache
  • Tic Disorders
  • Torticollis
  • Tourette's Syndrome
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Vitamin B Deficiency
  • Vitamin B12 Deficiency
  • Wada Test

Dr. Lipenko accepts

Dr. Lipenko accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Lipenko's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Lipenko

3.5

Dr. Lipenko

I would not wish this jerk on my enemy. He and his staff are very rude they misplaced my fathers referral and test results. When my father showed up they told home we don’t have them and the the dr had the audacity to basically call my father a liar and said you didn’t get an mri done. My brother who took him said yes we did and he said no I didn’t. He finally went to check, which he should have done the first thing, came back w the the results and said oh guess I did. Never apologized then when he asked my father the mg of the aspirin he took he argued w my father saying they don’t make 500mg aspirin really your a dr and don’t know they do. If he would proof I would be glad to show him a picture of the bottle showing they do sell 500 mg. He was wry rude and condescending and not helpful at all
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Sep 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valery Lipenko, MD?
My first visit with Dr. Lipenko was June 4th, 2021. Other than a rather unusual long wait which is sometimes not surprising but can get frustrating (2 hours), I really liked this guy. Coming from a medical family, I grew up learning to be very selective with medical care and I am hard to please. He did apologize for the long wait and I of course told him I understood. He came personally recommended which is the only course I take with choosing professionals. I do not trust the web and reviews which can be ponied up but in Dr. Lipenko's case, I do not believe the reviews were disingenuous after meeting him. I would refer him to others.
  • Long wait times
Loni Silvers – Jun 06, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valery Lipenko, MD?
I am so happy that I found Dr. Lipenko. I have been suffering with a constant headache and muscle tension in my head and shoulders for two years! I finally found relief with Dr. Lipenko. He focused not only on my pain, but he looked at my health in a holistic way. He looked at my health in its entirety and not just at my pain. I have never had a Dr. focus so much on my entire health...they only look at what they specialize in. He is always very patient and always gives me time to ask questions. He is also a kind and gentle Dr. with a great bedside manner. His staff are all very wonderful and caring as well, and they call me back promptly if I have questions. If I could give him 1 million stars, I would!
Sep 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valery Lipenko, MD?
I can't say enough about Dr Lipenko, he changed my life for the better. After suffering from restless leg for years to the point of not sleeping and tremendous pain. He diagnosed many things and provided the right medications. I am a new person. I haven't had a problem with the staff but if you do just know he is awesome and will get to the problem.
Patti – Aug 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valery Lipenko, MD?
Dr. Lipenko listens! He always makes sure to understand my symptoms and the problems they are creating for me. His goal is not to have me at "baseline" but to have me at my optimal functioning. I have been his pt for 9 years after a craniotomy due to a brain tumor. I have no intention of trusting anyone else to maintain my quality of life the way he does. Best neurologist I could have hoped for!
Apr 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valery Lipenko, MD?
I am not rating Dr Lipenko's staff or office which I think has been unfair to his overall rating. I have been to him several times now and he has ALWAYS taken the time to listen to both myself & my husband, ask me questions. I find him to be very caring and competent. I suffer from Familial Essential Tremors which have escalated into periodic seizure. Currently undergoing tests but I have all the confidence in Dr Lipenko to find the root cause!
Cindy B in Grapevine – Jun 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valery Lipenko, MD?
Tried to work with his staff for appts for 6 months. No courtesy or help from his office for my 83 year old mother .
Lisa in Bedford – Apr 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valery Lipenko, MD?
Very pleased with Dr Lipenko and his knowledge of the type of issues that I am experiencing brought on by a brain tumor. His ability to make you feel calm by answering questions til you understand . He also exudes a trustworthy quality
Ft Worth, TX – Aug 03, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valery Lipenko, MD?
This is not so much about Dr Lipenko, but his staff. I was referred by my Dr for an EEG. Waited 3 weeks for an appt, was scheduled at 9:45 AM, received an electronic call of my appt date & time, which I confirmed. I took time off of work, arrived at office at 9:30, when I get in they take my DL, Insurance card, and copay, give me a stack of paperwork to fill out. After a few minutes they have another patient at the same time so I need to be rescheduled. Totally unprofessional, will never go back
  • Long wait times
C G in Fort Worth, TX – May 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valery Lipenko, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Lipenko?
Provider explaining information to patient