Dr. Valery Dronsky, MD

Dr. Valery Dronsky, MD

General Surgery | Male

Dr. Valery Dronsky graduated from Russian State Medical University in Moscow, in 1988. Since then he started his surgical career as the faculty member of the same University. He has extensive clinical research experience at UCSF California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. Then he continued his surgical education as a resident at Lenox Hill Hospital and SUNY Downstate Medical Heath Science Center at Brooklyn. Dr. Dronsky completed Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Fellowship in Lutheran Medical Center at Brooklyn and was working as a Surgical Attending / Clinical Assistant Professor in General, Minimally Invasive and Trauma Surgery. Now, as a part of Surgical Associates of New York, his interests are laparoscopic surgery and general surgery.

I have a great passion for my profession. I feel that it is an honor and a privilege to take care of patients, and to have them entrust me with their health. Sometime, in fact, my friends and family reveal to me that they think I care too much about my patients and their outcomes. They see that I spend days and nights at the hospital caring for people. I do not think that a physician, especially a surgeon, can care too much. Every decision I make, every recommendation I give, every operation I do, has incredible importance. I have always felt this way, and I always plan to practice medicine in this fashion.

Please visit our website at: www.glsnyllp.com

Dr. Dronsky's Experience

See how Dr. Dronsky's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dronsky

Dr. Dronsky accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Dronsky has admitting privileges.

Dr. Dronsky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dronsky to family and friends
Dr. Dronsky's Performance
in Morristown, NJ |
Dr. Valery Dronsky is one of the most super surgeons that has performed surgery on me. From the initial visit, to the laparoscopic hernia surgery, to the visit in the recovery room, and to the followup visits in his office, Dr. Dronsky exhibited kindness, understanding, and quintessential knowledge of the procedure. Due to his expert surgical skills, I completely recovered within one to two weeks. Dr. Dronsky gets an A+ rating from me.
in New York, NY |
Dr Dronsky is a very caring and professional surgeon. He spent lots of time explaining the procedure and answering all of my questions putting me at ease. He is kind with an easy bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr Dronsky to anyone.
New York, NY |
Dr. Dronksy is very knowledgeable; I've never had surgery before and Dr. Dronksy made sure I was comfortable guiding me through the entire process. I will definitely recommend him. He is very approachable and has a great sense of humor.
in Brooklyn, NY |
There is nothing nice about having hernia surgery, but Dr. Dronsky made the experience as pleasant and professional as it could be. Would definitely recommend.
in Brooklyn, NY |
DR Dronsky is an excellent doctor. I'm very lucky that I was referred to see him. He has a very good bedside manner and excellent skills. DR Dronsky is also very patient and understanding. Not to mention his sense of humor. Which helped me to stay calm through my surgery and recovery. I would deff recommmed him to my friends and family.
in Brooklyn, NY 11231 |
Dr. Dronsky is absolutely best doctor ever. HIs love, strength, leisure and zeal are a testament to what a doctor should be. HIs office staff is efficient, caring, well educated and a pleasure to communicate with. Best, Joe Politi
in New York, NY |
Dr. Dronsky did emergency surgery on my husband for severe volvulus (twisted intestine).It appears to have been a very unusually intricate case which put into action all of Dr. Dronsky's skills, also considering the patient's age: 87. He was able to eliminate the problem and resection the bowels: very successful outcome. His manner is realistic and reassuring at the same time. He is gently direct with explanations and instructions. He takes the patient's condition and needs into consideration.
in New York, NY |
I had a double hernia surgery. Dr Dronsky was caring, clear in the diagnosis and always had a sense of humor. I had one post op issue which I called his service about and he was back to me in less than 15 minutes ( it was minor and completely normal). I also thought his anasthesialologist did a great job. I had no post op issues with anesthesia. The MEENT walk in clinic was also very nice and the nurses very pleasant. He actually gave me pictures of the procedure at my follow up visit.
in New York, NY |
Doctor Dronsky is very experienced. He diagnosed my hernia right away and I was able to get a surgery date very quickly. Follow-up visited also went great. I am very happy I picked Doctor Dronsky to do my surgery
Woodside, NY |
Highly recommended professional.
New York, NY |
Explains things thoroughly and clearly. Excellent result. Very professional.
Brooklyn, NY |
I couldn't have asked for a better experience. After two PC physicians failed to find what I was sure was a hernia I scheduled an appt. with Dr. Dronsky at a friend's suggestion. Within five minutes of meeting him he'd found THREE hernias, guided my fingers to them so I could feel them for myself, and set my mind completely at ease. The surgery was quick, clean, and professional. Dr Dronsky's been extremely helpful with my follow-up questions and recovery is going smoothly. Best doctor I've had.
in Ny, ny |
Wonderful doctor. Knowledgeable. Kind. Easy to talk to. Highly recommend!
in Bronxville, NY |
Excellent surgeon, personable, honest and straight forward. Great sense of humor.
in New York NY |
Loved having Dr. Dronsky as my doctor. He was professional, courteous, funny and had a conservative approach to treatment, surgery, and recovery - which I appreciated. He was very realistic with me on what i could do post-op and did a great job of explaining everything that was going on. I was treated with acute appendicitis and had a laparoscopic appendectomy. Both times I enjoyed being under Dr. Dronsky's care.
in New York, NY |
Simply amazing. Professional, clear, thoughtful, conscientious. He even has a great sense of humor. His team is also excellent.
in New York, NY |
It is a pleasure to say that Dr. Valery Dronsky and his staff are one, if not, the best in-patient care. If you ever need to have gallbladder surgery ? Dr. Dronsky is the surgeon you want. He goes above and beyond the standard questions and answers. He is right by your side from the first office visit through your recovery period?kudos to Dr. Dronsky and his staff!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Great doctor who tells you the truth, felt very comfortable and secure having him do a double hernia operation on me.
in New York, NY |
I saw Dr. Dronsky for hernia issues I was having 2 years. I saw 2 other primary care doctors in the past that said I did not have any hernias. One visit to Dr. Dronksky and within 5 minutes he was able to diagnose me with bilateral and umbilical hernias. He was even kind enough to guide me to feel them for myself, which was awesome. He is hands on,explains everything, answers all questions and even gave me pictures of my internals during surgery. He has allowed me to return to jiu jitsu.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Dronsky performed a bilateral hernia repair on me. I couldn't be happier with his expertise, manner, good humor and follow-up. I'd recommend him highly.
in Kings Park, NY |
Excellent Surgeon, recovery was quick and relatively painless. Everything discussed with Dr. Dronsky prior to the surgery was accurate and on the money. No surprises or unexpected results.
in New York, NY |
Great surgeon. Spent the time with me explaining the procedure both in pre and post. Really nice guy.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Dronsky is very sincere, passionate and confident so that I didn't need to be nervous before/after my operation. He responded to me immediately when i had questions. I am so glad that he is my surgeon.
in Astoria, NY |
Dr. Dronsky performed a massive hernia operation on my mother, one of the largest he had ever seen. Prior to the surgery, he meticulously went over every aspect of her condition, providing every detail, answered every question and ultimately allowed my mother to make the decision for herself. His compassion and bedside manner made all the difference during this ordeal. I have never seen a doctor so committed to his patients, caring for them as if they were his own.
in New York, NY |
I just had my entire abdominal wall rebuilt by Dr. Donsky. He did an awesome job - pain-free and no episodes at all. In a few months, I will be completely back to normal, with no athletic restrictions. I am extremely pleased with his care and professionalism. Thank you!!
New York, NY |
Dr. Dronsky is a wonderful surgeon. He is kind, understanding and patient and puts his patients at their ease. Before and after my surgery, he took the time to explain the entire process to me. I recommend him very highly. I am so grateful that my gastroenterologist referred me to Dr. Dronsky for my surgery.
in New York, NY |
Highly professional, skilled and efficient with a good manner for explaining pre and post ..calming and confident ...
in Bx,NY |
Dr.Dronsky explained to me in depth what type of surgery he was going to perform on me on 1/21/2016,and he made sure that I understood.I must say Dr.Dronsky is kind hearted, dedicated,hard working,and an excellent medical doctor.I will highly recommend Dr. Dronsky to anyone in need of his services.They should have more caring doctors like Dr.Dronsky.
in Belle Harbor, NY |
Dr Dronsky is a wonderful surgeon who has compassion for his patients as well as their families. I would HIGHLY recommend him to others. His staff is also caring and very helpful.
in New York, NY |
My overall experience with Dr. Dronsky was excellent. He reviewed all options for my hernia surgery. he was very specific and spent the time necessary to answer my very specific researched questions and was very patient with me. He diagnosed me properly and the reception and pre and post op meetings were very alee organized, on time, and again answering all my questions. Dr. Dronsky exemplifies what bracing and professional bedside manner is all about. The results of the surgery have been excel
Dr. Dronsky just took care of an emergency situation for me. He made sure I understood what was happening and what I needed to do every step of the way. While in the hospital, it was clear that the staff had utmost respect for him. Dr. Dronsky practices medicine as it was meant to be practiced.
Have you seen Dr. Valery Dronsky, MD?
Are you Dr. Dronsky?

Compare Dr. Dronsky

}

Dr. Dronsky says...

Please visit our website at: www.glsnyllp.com

Dr. Dronsky's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Dronsky has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for New York.

Why It Matters: Dr. Dronsky's Board Certifications

• Pancreatic Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Dissection
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis

Lenox Hill Hospital
    State University of New York Health Science Center-Brooklyn
    Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship Lutheran Medical Center-Brooklyn

• Russian

Dr. Dronsky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dronsky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery

• Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Cystectomy
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Lung Surgery
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Mastectomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Orchiectomy
  • Pancreatectomy (incl. Pancreas Transplant and Whipple Procedure)
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization