Dr. Valery V. Dronsky, MD

Dr. Valery V. Dronsky, MD

General Surgery | Male | 54 years old

Learn about this Doctor

Personal Bio

Dr. Valery Dronsky graduated from Russian State Medical University in Moscow, in 1988. Since then he started his surgical career...Read more

Dr. Dronsky's Experience

See how Dr. Dronsky's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Dronsky

Dr. Dronsky accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Dronsky has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Under 10 minutes (66)
Woodside, NY |
Highly recommended professional.
New York, NY |
Explains things thoroughly and clearly. Excellent result. Very professional.
Brooklyn, NY |
I couldn't have asked for a better experience. After two PC physicians failed to find what I was sure was a hernia I scheduled an appt. with Dr. Dronsky at a friend's suggestion. Within five minutes of meeting him he'd found THREE hernias, guided my fingers to them so I could feel them for myself, and set my mind completely at ease. The surgery was quick, clean, and professional. Dr Dronsky's been extremely helpful with my follow-up questions and recovery is going smoothly. Best doctor I've had.
in Ny, ny |
Wonderful doctor. Knowledgeable. Kind. Easy to talk to. Highly recommend!
in Bronxville, NY |
Excellent surgeon, personable, honest and straight forward. Great sense of humor.
in New York NY |
Loved having Dr. Dronsky as my doctor. He was professional, courteous, funny and had a conservative approach to treatment, surgery, and recovery - which I appreciated. He was very realistic with me on what i could do post-op and did a great job of explaining everything that was going on. I was treated with acute appendicitis and had a laparoscopic appendectomy. Both times I enjoyed being under Dr. Dronsky's care.
in New York, NY |
Simply amazing. Professional, clear, thoughtful, conscientious. He even has a great sense of humor. His team is also excellent.
in New York, NY |
It is a pleasure to say that Dr. Valery Dronsky and his staff are one, if not, the best in-patient care. If you ever need to have gallbladder surgery ? Dr. Dronsky is the surgeon you want. He goes above and beyond the standard questions and answers. He is right by your side from the first office visit through your recovery period?kudos to Dr. Dronsky and his staff!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Great doctor who tells you the truth, felt very comfortable and secure having him do a double hernia operation on me.
in New York, NY |
I saw Dr. Dronsky for hernia issues I was having 2 years. I saw 2 other primary care doctors in the past that said I did not have any hernias. One visit to Dr. Dronksky and within 5 minutes he was able to diagnose me with bilateral and umbilical hernias. He was even kind enough to guide me to feel them for myself, which was awesome. He is hands on,explains everything, answers all questions and even gave me pictures of my internals during surgery. He has allowed me to return to jiu jitsu.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Dronsky performed a bilateral hernia repair on me. I couldn't be happier with his expertise, manner, good humor and follow-up. I'd recommend him highly.
in Kings Park, NY |
Excellent Surgeon, recovery was quick and relatively painless. Everything discussed with Dr. Dronsky prior to the surgery was accurate and on the money. No surprises or unexpected results.
in New York, NY |
Great surgeon. Spent the time with me explaining the procedure both in pre and post. Really nice guy.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Dronsky is very sincere, passionate and confident so that I didn't need to be nervous before/after my operation. He responded to me immediately when i had questions. I am so glad that he is my surgeon.
in Astoria, NY |
Dr. Dronsky performed a massive hernia operation on my mother, one of the largest he had ever seen. Prior to the surgery, he meticulously went over every aspect of her condition, providing every detail, answered every question and ultimately allowed my mother to make the decision for herself. His compassion and bedside manner made all the difference during this ordeal. I have never seen a doctor so committed to his patients, caring for them as if they were his own.
in New York, NY |
I just had my entire abdominal wall rebuilt by Dr. Donsky. He did an awesome job - pain-free and no episodes at all. In a few months, I will be completely back to normal, with no athletic restrictions. I am extremely pleased with his care and professionalism. Thank you!!
New York, NY |
Dr. Dronsky is a wonderful surgeon. He is kind, understanding and patient and puts his patients at their ease. Before and after my surgery, he took the time to explain the entire process to me. I recommend him very highly. I am so grateful that my gastroenterologist referred me to Dr. Dronsky for my surgery.
in New York, NY |
Highly professional, skilled and efficient with a good manner for explaining pre and post ..calming and confident ...
in Bx,NY |
Dr.Dronsky explained to me in depth what type of surgery he was going to perform on me on 1/21/2016,and he made sure that I understood.I must say Dr.Dronsky is kind hearted, dedicated,hard working,and an excellent medical doctor.I will highly recommend Dr. Dronsky to anyone in need of his services.They should have more caring doctors like Dr.Dronsky.
in Belle Harbor, NY |
Dr Dronsky is a wonderful surgeon who has compassion for his patients as well as their families. I would HIGHLY recommend him to others. His staff is also caring and very helpful.
in New York, NY |
My overall experience with Dr. Dronsky was excellent. He reviewed all options for my hernia surgery. he was very specific and spent the time necessary to answer my very specific researched questions and was very patient with me. He diagnosed me properly and the reception and pre and post op meetings were very alee organized, on time, and again answering all my questions. Dr. Dronsky exemplifies what bracing and professional bedside manner is all about. The results of the surgery have been excel
Dr. Dronsky just took care of an emergency situation for me. He made sure I understood what was happening and what I needed to do every step of the way. While in the hospital, it was clear that the staff had utmost respect for him. Dr. Dronsky practices medicine as it was meant to be practiced.
Have you seen Dr. Valery V. Dronsky, MD?
Are you Dr. Dronsky?

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.

• General Surgery

• Pancreatic Cancer
  • Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Dissection
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis

• Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Cystectomy
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Lung Surgery
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Mastectomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Orchiectomy
  • Pancreatectomy (incl. Pancreas Transplant and Whipple Procedure)
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Port Placements or Replacements
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Thoracentesis
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

Russian State Medical University
    Lenox Hill Hospital
    Lenox Hill Hospital
    State University of New York Health Science Center-Brooklyn
    Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship Lutheran Medical Center-Brooklyn

Dr. Dronsky has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Dronsky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dronsky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Dronsky's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in General Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Dronsky

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Dronsky's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Dronsky

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Dronsky says...

Dr. Valery Dronsky graduated from Russian State Medical University in Moscow, in 1988. Since then he started his surgical career as the faculty member of the same University. He has extensive clinical research experience at UCSF California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. Then he continued his surgical education as a resident at Lenox Hill Hospital and SUNY Downstate Medical Heath Science Center at Brooklyn. Dr. Dronsky completed Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Fellowship in Lutheran Medical Center at Brooklyn and was working as a Surgical Attending / Clinical Assistant Professor in General, Minimally Invasive and Trauma Surgery. Now, as a part of Surgical Associates of New York, his interests are laparoscopic surgery and general surgery.

I have a great passion for my profession. I feel that it is an honor and a privilege to take care of patients, and to have them entrust me with their health. Sometime, in fact, my friends and family reveal to me that they think I care too much about my patients and their outcomes. They see that I spend days and nights at the hospital caring for people. I do not think that a physician, especially a surgeon, can care too much. Every decision I make, every recommendation I give, every operation I do, has incredible importance. I have always felt this way, and I always plan to practice medicine in this fashion.

Please visit our website at: www.glsnyllp.com