Dr. Valery Dronsky, MD

Dr. Valery Dronsky, MD

General Surgery  |
Dr. Valery Dronsky, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in New York, NY. He is 55 years old. Read his story

215 E 77th St

New York, NY 10075

• EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Dronsky

See how frequently Dr. Dronsky performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Ventral Hernia
Umbilical Hernia
Lipomas

Dr. Dronsky's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Dronsky's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Dronsky "Dr. Valery Dronsky graduated from Russian State Medical University in Moscow, in 1988. Since then he started his surgical career as the faculty member of the same University. He has extensive clinical research experience at UCSF California Pacific Medical Center in San Francisco. Then he continued his surgical education as a resident at Lenox Hill Hospital and SUNY Downstate Medical Heath Science Center at Brooklyn. Dr. Dronsky completed Minimally Invasive Laparoscopic Fellowship in Lutheran Medical Center at Brooklyn and was working as a Surgical Attending / Clinical Assistant Professor in General, Minimally Invasive and Trauma Surgery. In 2009 join Surgical Associates of New York which was regroup to General and Laparoscopic Surgeons of New York in 2012. Now he is a Founding Partner at LENOX HILL SURGEONS, LLP his interests are minimally invasive/laparoscopic/robotic general general surgery. I have a great passion for my profession. I feel that it is an honor and a privilege to take care of patients, and to have them entrust me with their health. Sometime, in fact, my friends and family reveal to me that they think I care too much about my patients and their outcomes. They see that I spend days and nights at the hospital caring for people. I do not think that a physician, especially a surgeon, can care too much. Every decision I make, every recommendation I give, every operation I do, has incredible importance. I have always felt this way, and I always plan to practice medicine in this fashion. Please visit our website at:"

This content was provided by Dr. Dronsky "TREAT MY PATIENTS AS I WOULD TREAT MY FAMILY."

• General Surgery

• Partial Lung Collapse
  • Peripheral Arterial Aneurysm and Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Dissection
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Phlebitis and Thrombophlebitis

• Colectomy
  • Colon and Rectal Surgery
  • Cystectomy
  • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions
  • Enterostomy (Laparoscopic or Open)
  • Esophageal Surgery
  • Incision and Removal of Foreign Object
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Open
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Surgical Procedure
  • Laparotomy
  • Lung Surgery
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Mastectomy
  • Open Incisional and-or Ventral Hernia Repair
  • Orchiectomy
  • Pancreatectomy (incl. Pancreas Transplant and Whipple Procedure)
  • Paracentesis
  • Tracheal Surgery
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Vaginal Surgery
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New York.

• Russian State Medical University
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Lenox Hill Hospital
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Lenox Hill Hospital
  • State University Of New York Health Science Center-Brooklyn
  • Minimally Invasive Surgery Fellowship Lutheran Medical Center-Brooklyn
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Dronsky has no media or publications listed.

• Russian

Dr. Dronsky does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Dronsky and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Dronsky's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Dronsky to family and friends
Dr. Dronsky's Performance
in New York |
Dr. Dronsky did my gallbladder surgery at Lenox Hill Hospital two weeks ago. Upon meeting him prior to my surgery, he was quick and accurate in diagnosing my health issue, and wanted me in the ER as soon as possible. His bedside manner was gentle yet firm in making sure that I was well taken care of. He listened to my needs and concerns and assured me that all would be well, and he was genuine in making sure I was going to be ok. His staff was awesome as well. I highly recommend him! Kudos!
in Brooklyn |
Friday, I went straight to the doctor with lower right abdominal pain. After being examined by my general practitioner he sent me to Lennox hill hospital. Friday evening I under went emergency surgery to remove my appendix. I am recovering well.. The scars are barely noticeable. I recovered fast and the care I received has been great. I highly recommend Dr. Dronsky. He also has a great sense of humor, an added plus.
in West Orange |
What can I say about Dr Dronsky without it sounding beyond belief? He is the kind, warmest and most considerate Doctor I have ever dealt with - I had a hernia procedure done by him and prior, during and post he could not have been most attentive, kind or concerned. I even had occasion to call his service one Saturday night, post operation, and he himself returned the call within 10 minutes and even followed up with me again later that night. I feel I struck gold by being referred to him!
in new york, ny |
Dr. Dronsky fixed my double inguinal hernia October 11th of this year. I had my 1 month check up today. I couldn't be happier and more satisfied. He is extremely knowledgeable and very pleasant to be around. This was more important than I realized. It is a pleasure being in his care and I look forward to my 6 month check up. I would highly recommend him to anyone with any kind of hernia concerns. Wylie Weeks
New York, NY |
Dr Dronsky is my mom doctor! He is an excellent professional and very kind and caring human being! He explained to us all details and made us feel very comfortable. He saved my mom life! I would recommend him to anyone!
in Morristown, NJ |
Dr. Valery Dronsky is one of the most super surgeons that has performed surgery on me. From the initial visit, to the laparoscopic hernia surgery, to the visit in the recovery room, and to the followup visits in his office, Dr. Dronsky exhibited kindness, understanding, and quintessential knowledge of the procedure. Due to his expert surgical skills, I completely recovered within one to two weeks. Dr. Dronsky gets an A+ rating from me.
in New York, NY |
Dr Dronsky is a very caring and professional surgeon. He spent lots of time explaining the procedure and answering all of my questions putting me at ease. He is kind with an easy bedside manner. I would highly recommend Dr Dronsky to anyone.
New York, NY |
Dr. Dronksy is very knowledgeable; I've never had surgery before and Dr. Dronksy made sure I was comfortable guiding me through the entire process. I will definitely recommend him. He is very approachable and has a great sense of humor.
in Brooklyn, NY |
There is nothing nice about having hernia surgery, but Dr. Dronsky made the experience as pleasant and professional as it could be. Would definitely recommend.
in Brooklyn, NY |
DR Dronsky is an excellent doctor. I'm very lucky that I was referred to see him. He has a very good bedside manner and excellent skills. DR Dronsky is also very patient and understanding. Not to mention his sense of humor. Which helped me to stay calm through my surgery and recovery. I would deff recommmed him to my friends and family.
in Brooklyn, NY 11231 |
Dr. Dronsky is absolutely best doctor ever. HIs love, strength, leisure and zeal are a testament to what a doctor should be. HIs office staff is efficient, caring, well educated and a pleasure to communicate with. Best, Joe Politi
in New York, NY |
Dr. Dronsky did emergency surgery on my husband for severe volvulus (twisted intestine).It appears to have been a very unusually intricate case which put into action all of Dr. Dronsky's skills, also considering the patient's age: 87. He was able to eliminate the problem and resection the bowels: very successful outcome. His manner is realistic and reassuring at the same time. He is gently direct with explanations and instructions. He takes the patient's condition and needs into consideration.
in New York, NY |
I had a double hernia surgery. Dr Dronsky was caring, clear in the diagnosis and always had a sense of humor. I had one post op issue which I called his service about and he was back to me in less than 15 minutes ( it was minor and completely normal). I also thought his anasthesialologist did a great job. I had no post op issues with anesthesia. The MEENT walk in clinic was also very nice and the nurses very pleasant. He actually gave me pictures of the procedure at my follow up visit.
in New York, NY |
Doctor Dronsky is very experienced. He diagnosed my hernia right away and I was able to get a surgery date very quickly. Follow-up visited also went great. I am very happy I picked Doctor Dronsky to do my surgery
Woodside, NY |
Highly recommended professional.
New York, NY |
Explains things thoroughly and clearly. Excellent result. Very professional.
Brooklyn, NY |
I couldn't have asked for a better experience. After two PC physicians failed to find what I was sure was a hernia I scheduled an appt. with Dr. Dronsky at a friend's suggestion. Within five minutes of meeting him he'd found THREE hernias, guided my fingers to them so I could feel them for myself, and set my mind completely at ease. The surgery was quick, clean, and professional. Dr Dronsky's been extremely helpful with my follow-up questions and recovery is going smoothly. Best doctor I've had.
in Ny, ny |
Wonderful doctor. Knowledgeable. Kind. Easy to talk to. Highly recommend!
in Bronxville, NY |
Excellent surgeon, personable, honest and straight forward. Great sense of humor.
in New York NY |
Loved having Dr. Dronsky as my doctor. He was professional, courteous, funny and had a conservative approach to treatment, surgery, and recovery - which I appreciated. He was very realistic with me on what i could do post-op and did a great job of explaining everything that was going on. I was treated with acute appendicitis and had a laparoscopic appendectomy. Both times I enjoyed being under Dr. Dronsky's care.
in New York, NY |
Simply amazing. Professional, clear, thoughtful, conscientious. He even has a great sense of humor. His team is also excellent.
in New York, NY |
It is a pleasure to say that Dr. Valery Dronsky and his staff are one, if not, the best in-patient care. If you ever need to have gallbladder surgery ? Dr. Dronsky is the surgeon you want. He goes above and beyond the standard questions and answers. He is right by your side from the first office visit through your recovery period?kudos to Dr. Dronsky and his staff!
in Brooklyn, NY |
Great doctor who tells you the truth, felt very comfortable and secure having him do a double hernia operation on me.
in New York, NY |
I saw Dr. Dronsky for hernia issues I was having 2 years. I saw 2 other primary care doctors in the past that said I did not have any hernias. One visit to Dr. Dronksky and within 5 minutes he was able to diagnose me with bilateral and umbilical hernias. He was even kind enough to guide me to feel them for myself, which was awesome. He is hands on,explains everything, answers all questions and even gave me pictures of my internals during surgery. He has allowed me to return to jiu jitsu.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Dronsky performed a bilateral hernia repair on me. I couldn't be happier with his expertise, manner, good humor and follow-up. I'd recommend him highly.
in Kings Park, NY |
Excellent Surgeon, recovery was quick and relatively painless. Everything discussed with Dr. Dronsky prior to the surgery was accurate and on the money. No surprises or unexpected results.
in New York, NY |
Great surgeon. Spent the time with me explaining the procedure both in pre and post. Really nice guy.
in New York, NY |
Dr. Dronsky is very sincere, passionate and confident so that I didn't need to be nervous before/after my operation. He responded to me immediately when i had questions. I am so glad that he is my surgeon.
in Astoria, NY |
Dr. Dronsky performed a massive hernia operation on my mother, one of the largest he had ever seen. Prior to the surgery, he meticulously went over every aspect of her condition, providing every detail, answered every question and ultimately allowed my mother to make the decision for herself. His compassion and bedside manner made all the difference during this ordeal. I have never seen a doctor so committed to his patients, caring for them as if they were his own.
in New York, NY |
I just had my entire abdominal wall rebuilt by Dr. Donsky. He did an awesome job - pain-free and no episodes at all. In a few months, I will be completely back to normal, with no athletic restrictions. I am extremely pleased with his care and professionalism. Thank you!!
New York, NY |
Dr. Dronsky is a wonderful surgeon. He is kind, understanding and patient and puts his patients at their ease. Before and after my surgery, he took the time to explain the entire process to me. I recommend him very highly. I am so grateful that my gastroenterologist referred me to Dr. Dronsky for my surgery.
in New York, NY |
Highly professional, skilled and efficient with a good manner for explaining pre and post ..calming and confident ...
in Bx,NY |
Dr.Dronsky explained to me in depth what type of surgery he was going to perform on me on 1/21/2016,and he made sure that I understood.I must say Dr.Dronsky is kind hearted, dedicated,hard working,and an excellent medical doctor.I will highly recommend Dr. Dronsky to anyone in need of his services.They should have more caring doctors like Dr.Dronsky.
in Belle Harbor, NY |
Dr Dronsky is a wonderful surgeon who has compassion for his patients as well as their families. I would HIGHLY recommend him to others. His staff is also caring and very helpful.
in New York, NY |
My overall experience with Dr. Dronsky was excellent. He reviewed all options for my hernia surgery. he was very specific and spent the time necessary to answer my very specific researched questions and was very patient with me. He diagnosed me properly and the reception and pre and post op meetings were very alee organized, on time, and again answering all my questions. Dr. Dronsky exemplifies what bracing and professional bedside manner is all about. The results of the surgery have been excel
Dr. Dronsky just took care of an emergency situation for me. He made sure I understood what was happening and what I needed to do every step of the way. While in the hospital, it was clear that the staff had utmost respect for him. Dr. Dronsky practices medicine as it was meant to be practiced.
Have you seen Dr. Valery Dronsky, MD?
Are you Dr. Dronsky?

See our General Surgery Specialists at NewYork-Presbyterian/Columbia University Medical Center

Visit Dr. Dronsky