Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD

Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD

Bariatric SurgeryMaleAge 58

Telehealth services available

Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD is a Bariatric Surgery Specialist in West Orange, NJ. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Robert Wood Johnson University Hospital and Saint Barnabas Medical Center. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Andrei to book an appointment.

Bariatric Associates

Patient Booking Open
Our after hours patient concierge is open and ready to help you get started.
Valeriu E. Andrei, MD - Bariatric Associates PA101 Old Short Hills Rd Ste 211 West Orange, NJ 07052

V. E. Andrei MD Bariatric Associates, P.A.

Patient Booking Open
Our after hours patient concierge is open and ready to help you get started.
V E Bariatric Andrei PA200 S Orange Ave Ste 123 Livingston, NJ 07039

• Practices at Top Hospital Bariatric Surgery Excellence Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Andrei's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Andrei

Dr. Andrei?
  • Staff friendliness (39)
  • Appointment scheduling (38)
  • Office environment (38)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (5)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (5)
  • Long wait times (5)
Dr. Andrei & his staff are top notch. I am just over a year out from having gastric bypass surgery and each day I feel better and better. My surgery was 9 1/2 hours due to other things that needed to be repaired from prior surgeries. Dr. Andrei is caring and has a great bedside manner. He also engages his patients and families outside of the ER with his meetings, walks and other activities. Highly recommend Dr. Andrei if you are in need of any Bariatric procedures.
MikeinNJ – Nov 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
ICan't say enough good things about both Dr. Andrei and his staff. I had RNY 6.5 years ago and then the follow up was excellent. I needed additional surgery for a bad hiatal hernia and scar tissue removal,--not related to original surgery-- a few weeks ago, and again tremendous support and assistance. This practice really cares about my continued health and success. By the way-- I lost 110 lbs 6 years ago and kept it off, and I drive an hour and ten minutes to see them!!
Susan F. – Aug 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
Dr Andrei and his team are outstanding. Everyone is on point with the care before and after surgery. They are very caring, professional and attentive to your needs, just a phone call away. Dr Andrei says “we are like a family here even after surgery I won’t leave you behind”. An AMAZING STAFF!!! ???????? Thank you to everyone. keep up the great work
Jessica – Jul 02, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
Dr. Andrei is an excellent surgeon. He doesn’t just perform surgery. He truly cares about you and your success in your weight loss journey. Once a patient always a patient. I’ve been seeing Dr. Andrei since 2006. I recently had to have a revision surgery. He has the best bedside manner of any Dr. I have ever known. He had a very full schedule the day of my surgery, but he stopped by my room at least 3 times before surgery to make sure I was doing ok. He is the best. I highly recommend him and his practice.
Erin Williams in South Brunswick , NJ – May 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
Best bariatric surgeon! Dr. Andrei and the team are caring and supportive of your journey. They really understand what it takes to be successful in your weight loss journey. Highly recommend
May 24, 2019
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
BF in Livingston – Jan 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
Dr. Andrei is the most caring and kind physician I've met. He explained everything that was going to happen during the procedure from beginning to end. He made sure I knew everything about the procedure and that I understood everything. No questions were left unanswered. His staff was very warm and welcoming and knowledgeable of everything that was going on. Doctor Andrei made time for every question ,and every concern without any hesitation. I highly recommend him. Thank you Dr Andrei !
Stacey hallenbeck in none – Oct 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
I’ve been a patient of Dr. Andrei’s since 2006, and I would recommend him, and I do every chance I get, to ANYONE! You are never treated like just another patient, from day ONE the team makes you feel so comfortable and so important, and that treatment and consideration does not stop or change ever; I am forever grateful to this amazing group of ‘life changers’ may God always bless them for their hard work and dedication
Lilly Vazquez in Bloomfield, N.J. – Apr 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
This is without a doubt one of the best Bariatric practices I know. I know many who have had Bariatric surgery at many other practices and none have the level of service that Dr. Andrei and his practice provides. When I tell people the level of service I get they are floored. The constant follow ups, the group meetings, the cooking classes and exercise walks are just a few things that Dr. Andrei provides his patients. Dr. Andrei and his staff are so caring and patient. He tells it like it is and
Edwin Ruiz in Hillsborough, NJ – Nov 22, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
Thank you Dr. Andrei and staff, you are my life-saver... I have been his patient for a year and have lost almost 150 pounds. I am most impressed by the dedication I receive not only from Dr. Andrei but from his staff. You can tell they help you (in every stage) with all their hearts. That makes all the difference when you are on this "life journey" to find the "New" you... Thank you sooooooo much..... Never thought I could be healthy and happy with myself again.... I will always be grateful!!
Elisangela Silva in Newark, NJ – Nov 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
Dr. Andrei is an exceptional doctor with a dedicated staff. I researched for a long time and had been to numerous seminars before I settled on him and I'm so happy I did. I have been a patient of his for 2 years now and it has saved my life. My only regret was not going sooner. I lost 140lbs and I have never been healthier in my entire life! Dr Andrei is thorough methodical and extremely supportive every step of the way. His team is extremely patient and proactive in addressing all concerns.
Christina in Sparta, nj – Nov 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Andrei beginning 2008, being overweight in overwhelming to say the least. Upon my first visit to his practice I was treated with the utmost respect, from the receptionist to Dr. Andrei, who took the time to alleviate my fears as I embarked upon reclaiming the quality of life. With the care I received by the entire staff and surgical team, I have reclaimed my life. Thanks Dr. Andrei
Marion Riss in Metuchen nj – Nov 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
Had an appointment, drove 1 1/2 hours. When I got there I brought my paperwork which was filled out.I waited 1/2 hour in the waiting room.No magazines or TV. Just sat there looking at the floor.When they finally called me in she went through same questions I already answered, then made me sit another 10 minutes until Donna came in to explain the different surgeries.Then they finally told me Dr. Andrei was not able to see me, he was still at the hospital. I would never recommend this office!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Julie in Jackson, NJ – Jul 06, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
The most caring and effective doctor coupled with an amazing staff. Once you are a patient, you are family. The care and concern for you is paramount along with your future success in leading a healthy happy life.
Arielle Savastano in New Egypt, NJ – Feb 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
I heard Dr. Andrei on 99.1 talking about how he is passionate about what he does. I made the appointment and found that to be very true. I know a lot of folks who have had these procedures done by other doctors and have been discharged from the hospital with no follow up or support what-so-ever. They have all had issues post op. Dr. Andrei and his staff are involved constantly, available always, and active with support groups and activities. This is unique.
Merynda Fuellhart in Whippany, NJ – Jan 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
Dr. Andrei and his staff are the most supportive and informative medical staff I have ever come across. They make you feel comfortable with your procedure and excited for your future after surgery. I advise anyone considering bariatric surgery to contact them for a consultation and attend some of the support groups so you have a good idea of what lies ahead of you. This surgery is a tool and with Dr. Andrei you get a surgeon who genuinely cares about you and your success.
Jrsygrlwi in Neptune, NJ – Jan 31, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
Dr. Andrei and his staff are TOP NOTCH! He is a very considerate physician who will not leave any question unanswered. He is thorough, knowledgeable and very competent. When I made the decision to have surgery, he explained the entire process in laymen's term, and I was able to call him directly with any additional questions. His staff is thorough and their follow thru is impeccable, most offices drop the ball on follow thru, NOT this office.
Metuchen, NJ – Jan 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
Dr.Andrei and staff are very supportive and encouraging. I know that was my decision to have weight loss surgery was the right when and i knew that everything was being done to ensure that my surgery and post surgery lifestyle would be a healthy one. The education and ongoing care that i receive from the office is fantastic.
Point Pleasant Beach, NJ – Jan 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?
I had my gastric sleeve surgery October 2016. It was the best decision in my life. I feel so good about my self and loosing all this weight has help me live a better life with my children and family. The journey was so pleasant because I had the support of my surgeon Dr. Andrei and his staff. I have recommended this surgery to many of my close friends but only to have it done with the only surgeon I trust Dr. Andrei. I would do it again without think it twice. I currently weight 126.
Innneabell in Roselle, NJ – Jan 23, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valeriu Andrei, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Andrei?

No malpractice claims found for New Jersey

• Robotic-Assisted Revisional Bariatric Surgery
  • Sleeve Gastrectomy
  • Weight Loss Revisional Surgery

Dr. Andrei accepts

Dr. Andrei accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Commercial Insurance Company
CoreSource
EBS-RMSCO
EmblemHealth
Emblem Health
Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
GEHA