Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD

Gynecology ·  Female · Age 66

Dr. Mechanik

MECHANIK & THACKER MDS PA

4302 N Habana Ave Ste 300 Tampa, FL 33607

Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD is a gynecology specialist in Tampa, FL and has been practicing for 33 years. She graduated from University Of South Florida College Of Medicine and specializes in gynecology.

Dr. Mechanik accepts

Dr. Mechanik accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida
Blue Care HMO
BlueDental Choice
Preferred PPO
Select HMO
Tampa Bay CoreNet
Tampa Bay HUMx HMOx

No malpractice claims found for Florida

Check Dr. Mechanik's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Breast Pain
  • Cholesterol Screening
  • Colposcopy
  • Endocervical Curettage
  • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Osteoporosis Screening
  • Pap Smear Abnormalities
  • Perimenopause
  • Pregnancy Test
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Symptomatic Menopause

Dr. Mechanik?
Dr. Mechanik's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD
RecentMost Helpful
She is very thorough and ensures that all necessary tests are completed. She is not the "hit it and run" type of doctor. She takes her time and ensures that her patients are getting all necessary diagnostics.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Mechanik several years ago and I could not be happier with her and her staff. My previous doctor retired and I was quite reticent about having to find another doctor his equal or better. She fits the bill. She is kind and very easy to talk to. Her new office is convenient and the art work and wall colors are appealing and quite calming.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD?
I have been postponing going to the gyno for years & after going to Dr. Mechanik I regret not going sooner! Scheduling my appointment was easy, and she has great availability. Every gyno I called was booked for MONTHS but she made room for me right away. She is attentive, efficient, and her bedside manner is great. She was recommended to me by Dr. Domenick Reina, a highly regarded doctor in the Tampa area. He does not recommend just anyone so you know she must be great if he trusts her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD?
I went to Dr. Mechanik for a new patient appointment, women wellness check and to get on birth control. Dr. Mechanik sat with me in her office to get to know my background. She performed my check up fairly quickly and got me set up with a Mirena within 2 hours of the visit. She is really knowledgeable and great with her patients. The staff is also super kind.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD?
Dr. Mechanik has a new office now that is so much nicer and has a better atmosphere. I have been with her for many years and wouldn't think of switching. She is known to be very thorough and goes above and beyond to make sure I am as healthy as I can be. She even asks about my children and pups every time I see her. Would recommend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD?
Dr. Valerie Mechanik has been my gynecologist for over 25yrs & has always been professional yet caring. I’ve never felt like I was being rushed, even back when she was doing OB & was on call. Dr. Mechanik always takes the time to explain what’s going on & I’ve sat in her office a number of times over the years to go over various test results for ongoing gynecological issues. Valerie is warm and witty and at the same time she’s right on top of all the latest medical knowledge!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD?
The doctor was very comforting and seemed compassionate. Very professional and pleasant staff as well.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD?
She is a very kind and caring doctor. Dr. Mechanik explain everything to the level you will understand.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD?
Dr. Mechanik is thorough, professional, caring, communicative, and she really listens.The office is more like a comfortable living room and the staff is friendly, so you're put at ease immediately. They call you with your test results - whether they're positive or negative. Many offices now only call if there's a problem leaving you waiting and worrying. You can get a bone density scan right there in her office and she'll go over the results with you in minutes. Great service, nice people.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD?
Dr. Valerie Mechanik continues to provide excellent care for her patients. She is always up to date on the latest research in her field and uses that data to make the most informed recommendations/decisions for my care. In addition, she still finds the time at every visit to have dialogue with me and field all my questions without rushing. I trusted her with my birth decisions and continue to trust her with my post-menopausal decisions! Additional, she has a delightful office and staff there
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD?
Dr. Mechanik awesome. She asked/answered questions patiently & the staff was super friendly. The waiting room had a spa feel to it and didn't feel like I was sitting in a doctor's office...they even had apples out on the table to snack on. Usually this is my least favorite appointment of the year but Dr. Mechanik and the staff made me feel very comfortable. There was even a heat lamp in the room that she turned on so it wouldn't be too cold, how come no other doctor has thought of that?!?
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD?
I love how she waits until all my questions are asked. She is not waiting on pins and needles to run out to the next patient. She sincerely cares.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD?
I am 33 years old and have been seeing Dr. Mechanik since i was 16. She has been the gyn i our family for a long time. My mom still sees her and my aunt has in the past. I believe she even delivered my brother and cousin when they were born. We really love her and i wouldn't change to another gyn for anything. She listens so well and always gives me a hug and seems genuinely happy to see me. I feel comfortable with her and am very thankful for her friendliness, knowledge and care.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Mechanik?