Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD

Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology  |
Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Tampa, FL. She is 65 years old and has been practicing for 35 years.

4302 N Habana Ave Ste 300

Tampa, FL 33607

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Florida

Learn about Dr. Mechanik

Dr. Mechanik's Experience

Dr. Mechanik's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
  • Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Obstetrics & Gynecology
    Accredited by: American Board of Obstetrics & Gynecology*

• Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
  • Breast Pain
  • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
  • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
  • Perimenopause

• Univ Of South Fl Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 1982
  • U South Fla Affil Hosps
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1986

Dr. Mechanik has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Mechanik does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Mechanik and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Mechanik's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Mechanik to family and friends
4.1
Dr. Mechanik's Performance
in Tampa, FL |
I was referred to Dr. Mechanik several years ago and I could not be happier with her and her staff. My previous doctor retired and I was quite reticent about having to find another doctor his equal or better. She fits the bill. She is kind and very easy to talk to. Her new office is convenient and the art work and wall colors are appealing and quite calming.
Tampa, FL |
I have been postponing going to the gyno for years & after going to Dr. Mechanik I regret not going sooner! Scheduling my appointment was easy, and she has great availability. Every gyno I called was booked for MONTHS but she made room for me right away. She is attentive, efficient, and her bedside manner is great. She was recommended to me by Dr. Domenick Reina, a highly regarded doctor in the Tampa area. He does not recommend just anyone so you know she must be great if he trusts her.
in Tampa, FL |
I went to Dr. Mechanik for a new patient appointment, women wellness check and to get on birth control. Dr. Mechanik sat with me in her office to get to know my background. She performed my check up fairly quickly and got me set up with a Mirena within 2 hours of the visit. She is really knowledgeable and great with her patients. The staff is also super kind.
St Petersburg, FL |
Dr. Mechanik has a new office now that is so much nicer and has a better atmosphere. I have been with her for many years and wouldn't think of switching. She is known to be very thorough and goes above and beyond to make sure I am as healthy as I can be. She even asks about my children and pups every time I see her. Would recommend!
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Valerie Mechanik has been my gynecologist for over 25yrs & has always been professional yet caring. I’ve never felt like I was being rushed, even back when she was doing OB & was on call. Dr. Mechanik always takes the time to explain what’s going on & I’ve sat in her office a number of times over the years to go over various test results for ongoing gynecological issues. Valerie is warm and witty and at the same time she’s right on top of all the latest medical knowledge!
Tampa, FL |
The doctor was very comforting and seemed compassionate. Very professional and pleasant staff as well.
in Tampa, FL |
She is a very kind and caring doctor. Dr. Mechanik explain everything to the level you will understand.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Mechanik is thorough, professional, caring, communicative, and she really listens.The office is more like a comfortable living room and the staff is friendly, so you're put at ease immediately. They call you with your test results - whether they're positive or negative. Many offices now only call if there's a problem leaving you waiting and worrying. You can get a bone density scan right there in her office and she'll go over the results with you in minutes. Great service, nice people.
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Valerie Mechanik continues to provide excellent care for her patients. She is always up to date on the latest research in her field and uses that data to make the most informed recommendations/decisions for my care. In addition, she still finds the time at every visit to have dialogue with me and field all my questions without rushing. I trusted her with my birth decisions and continue to trust her with my post-menopausal decisions! Additional, she has a delightful office and staff there
in Tampa, FL |
Dr. Mechanik awesome. She asked/answered questions patiently & the staff was super friendly. The waiting room had a spa feel to it and didn't feel like I was sitting in a doctor's office...they even had apples out on the table to snack on. Usually this is my least favorite appointment of the year but Dr. Mechanik and the staff made me feel very comfortable. There was even a heat lamp in the room that she turned on so it wouldn't be too cold, how come no other doctor has thought of that?!?
Tampa, FL |
I love how she waits until all my questions are asked. She is not waiting on pins and needles to run out to the next patient. She sincerely cares.
in Brandon, FL |
I am 33 years old and have been seeing Dr. Mechanik since i was 16. She has been the gyn i our family for a long time. My mom still sees her and my aunt has in the past. I believe she even delivered my brother and cousin when they were born. We really love her and i wouldn't change to another gyn for anything. She listens so well and always gives me a hug and seems genuinely happy to see me. I feel comfortable with her and am very thankful for her friendliness, knowledge and care.
Have you seen Dr. Valerie Mechanik, MD?
Are you Dr. Mechanik?