Dr. Valerie Bossard, MD

Obstetrics & Gynecology | Female

Dr. Valerie Bossard, MD

Dr. Valerie Bossard, MD is an obstetrics & gynecology doctor who practices in Philadelphia, PA. She is 64 years old and has been practicing for 39 years. Dr. Bossard is affiliated with Aria - Jefferson Health - Torresdale.

...See Less

Dr. Bossard's Experience

See how Dr. Bossard's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Bossard

Dr. Bossard accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Bossard has admitting privileges.

Dr. Bossard's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bossard to family and friends
    3.0
    Dr. Bossard's Performance
      GOOD
    i would never send anybody to this office, the way i was treated was horrible. the front desk girls were beyond RUDE, i cant even explain. all they wanted was my money, and gave me results over the phone that should of been in person.nobody could explain what was going on with me, never got a straight answer. had a procedure done and had some questions/problems and i was told to not come in, but on the instructions they told me come in if there were problems. to all girls i would not go here.
    in Philadelphia, PA |
    I have been going to her office for over 15 years had surgery and everything went well, if I can't see her I see the other young lady in her office they both make you feel very comfortable.
    in Warrington, PA |
    I have been seeing Dr. Bossard for well over 15 years. I think she is very competent. I always ask to see her for my appointments and this has never been a problem. I do not see the PA. I have had surgery with her also and that went very well. I have sent friends and family to her who were liked her also.
    in Philadelphia, PA |
    I've always been treated well here, not many problems. Never seen the same Dr. twice. communication between me and the office is SO frustrating. I've been playing phone tag with my last Dr for almost a week now about birth control. There is literally no other way to get in touch with them. every other dr of mine has some kind of email or online system where I can directly contact THEM at both of our conveniences. Im honestly about to just go to planned parenthood for BC if I can't get through.
    in Philadelphia, PA |
    I've gone to Dr. Bossard for years now and so has my mother. I feel she's friendly, kind and trust worthy.
    in Philadelphia, PA |
    DO NOT GO TO HER! She is rude and she speaks to you in a belittling way. She also told me "if you have a problem, don't say you have a problem" indicating I don't want to pay for copay during an annual. I got charged for an annual because she told me to do blood work just because I have missed periods. She knows I have a condition called Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome and she knows I am on another med that makes me miss my period and yet tells me to get things done and charges me 10 months later.
    in Philadelphia, PA |
    I am so upset with how I was treated in the office when I had an appointment for my annual exam, but was denied the ability to see anyone because I had a "previous condition" and would have to pay a copay even though my annual is covered by my insurance. By the way, this "condition" was a vitamin deficiency that I didn't even want to be treated for! I just wanted to get my yearly exam done. And to top it off, one of the girls at the front desk told me I had a STD when I had a bacterial infection
    Philadelphia, PA |
    Wonderful, caring and genuine.
    Philadelphia PA |
    I would put zero stars if I could not a good experience they continually call you to make an appointment sorry I am not used to this I will call and make an appointment Thank you. and if you miss beware they have rules!! I have medical issues and was very uncomfortable with this group
    Southampton, PA |
    You really won't see Dr Bossard unless you want to schedule way in advance and don't miss any appointments because you will be banned from her practice yet they are the ones calling you asking you to make the appointment my advice find another Gynocologist.
    in Philadelphia, PA |
    Have known of Dr. Bossard for years, from her previous practice. Most recently, have been seeing her for several years as her patient . She is knowledgeable and extremely competent, will take the time to explain and answer questions.
    in Philadelphia |
    Have incompetent staffs working for her especially the scheduler called Alexus. Very disorganized, she's listed as a provider for Aetna but when you go in to be seen, they tell you she does not accept this Aetna and that it's not her fault that the insurance listed her as a provider under Aetna. I would not recommend this practice to anyone.
    in Bensalem, PA |
    I am 23 and I've been going to Dr. Bossard since I was 16. I haven't actually seen her in the past few years because she always sends her Physician Assistants to do general exams. But the times that I did see her she was nice, friendly, and as comforting as a GYN can be.
    in Philadelphia |
    I would give no stars if I could. I just called the office for help with my prescription and the receptionist was extremely rude and practically hung up on me. I'm not normally one to give bad reviews but this office is terrible.
    Have you seen Dr. Valerie Bossard, MD?
    Are you Dr. Bossard?

Dr. Bossard's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Obstetrics & Gynecology
    •  Board certified in Obstetrics & Gynecology
    •  Malpractice claims in Pennsylvania not available

Dr. Bossard has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Pennsylvania.

Why It Matters: Dr. Bossard's Board Certifications

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Abdominal Disorders
    • Asymptomatic Post-Menopausal Status
    • Cervical Cancer
    • Cervical Polyps
    • Endometriosis
    • HPV (Human Papillomavirus)
    • Hemorrhoids
    • Mastodynia
    • Menopausal and Postmenopausal Disorders
    • Menstrual Disorders (incl. Dysmenorrhea)
    • Ovarian Cysts
    • Pap Smear Abnormalities
    • Perimenopause
    • Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome
    • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
    • Symptomatic Menopause

Completed in 1979

Temple University Hospital

Completed in 1982

• American Sign Language

Dr. Bossard does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bossard and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Obstetrics & Gynecology

• Birth Control
    • Cholesterol Screening
    • Colposcopy
    • Destruction or Excision of Lesion of Cervix (incl. LEEP)
    • Destruction or Excision of Vaginal Lesions