Dr. Valerie Callender, MD

Dr. Valerie Callender, MD

Dermatology  ·
Female  ·

Dr. Valerie Callender, MD is a dermatologist in Glenn Dale, MD and has been practicing for 28 years. She specializes in dermatology.Read her story

Callender Dermatology and Cosmetic Center

12200 Annapolis Rd Ste 315

Glenn Dale, MD 20769

• CareFirst Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Medicare

Learn about Dr. Callender

See how frequently Dr. Callender performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hair Loss
Dermatitis
Itchy Skin

Dr. Callender's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Callender's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Callender "Dr. Valerie Callender is an internationally recognized Board Certified Dermatologist who is known for her sensitive and cutting-edge approach to the management of hair loss in women and the treatment of pigmentation disorders. Dr. Callender is a prolific contributor to the dermatology literature and has co-edited a textbook on Treatment for Skin of Color. Dr. Callender has conducted and participated in over 50 research studies and clinical trials for both therapeutic and cosmetic products and is a consultant for some of the world s leading cosmetic and consumer brands. She is a Past President of the Women s Dermatologic Society and Skin of Color Society, and has recently been elected to the board of directors of the American Academy of Dermatology. She is the Founder of the Callender Dermatology & Cosmetic Center, which is located in the Washington, DC metropolitan region. Dr. Callender received her medical degree from Howard University, where she also did her residency and currently serves as a Professor of Dermatology at the College of Medicine."

This content was provided by Dr. Callender "We believe in providing premier quality confidential care in a safe and friendly environment. We provide the latest state-of-the-art techniques and wish to provide you with the best results possible. Our patients enjoy a nice image as well as a tremendous improvement of self-esteem. Our office strives to provide the highest quality cosmetics, surgical and medical skin care. Consultations and care plans are individualized to meet each person’s unique needs and lifestyle."

• Dermatology

• Laser Hair Removal
  • Microdermabrasion
  • Tattoo Removal
  • Vein Treatment

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Maryland.

• HOWARD UNIV COLL OF MED
    Medical School | Graduated 1986
  • Howard U
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1987
  • Howard U
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Callender has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Callender does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Callender and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Schedule Online Now

Dr. Callender's Reviews

3.1
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Callender to family and friends

Dr. Callender's Performance

GOOD

GOOD

I have been seeing Dr. Callender for years. Her staff is professional, courteous and knowledgeable. She has a great bedside manner and listens to her clients. She explains everything! I recommended her many times to friends and family.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I did not see Dr. Callendar. This rating is in regard to the practice overall. I saw a Physician's Assistant. The doctor was not available during the time that I was looking to have an appointment scheduled as a new patient. I had difficulty getting my RX sent to my insurance company and was...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option3thumbs down icon option0
I've been seeing her for years the best thing ever.I love how the Doctors listen to make sure you're getting the best care. I wish I could give her 10 stars cause they deserve it. When I tell people about her they love her too, you will continue to go.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0
I had a scalp culture done 8 weeks ago and after several weeks of no followup calls from the doctor, I finally tried calling them. After four failed attempts with no return call I finally gave up and went some where else. They seem to be more interested in getting your co-pay then getting you...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option7thumbs down icon option0
I was disappointed in the amount of time the doctor spent with me. I was a returning patient (after a 2-year absence). She did not give me any new information. It seems as though I was prompting her/reminding her of my condition and what drugs she had originally prescribed. It appears that she...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option8thumbs down icon option3