Dr. Valerie C. Burns, MD

Dr. Valerie C. Burns, MD

Pediatrics | Female | 61 years old

27 reviews| Leave a review

Patient Testimonials

I firmly believe in a narrative approach to medicine, I enjoy letting my families tell their own stories. I have an interest in treating children with ADHD and helping all children maintain a healthy weight. My practice will be transitioning to a Direct Pay model over the coming months.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Burns' Experience

See how Dr. Burns' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Burns

Experience with Dr. Burns
Dr. Burns' Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (22)
in Deltona, FL |
Dr. Burns is an amazing doctor! The experience was great overall, although we had to wait a little while but we were squeezed in so I expected it. My son is complex and she takes her time which I greatly appreciate. He also received multiple referrals and I was impressed that I got a call the same day with all the information that I needed. I would recommend Dr. Burns and her staff any day!
in Longwood, FL |
Dr Burns is very knowledgeable however her bedside manner lacks warmth & interest. Most lacking competence is the admin staff in charge of ordering test, calling in necessary prescriptions or referring child to specialists. It is beyond their capability to carry out these routine duties. I would not recommend this dr and we plan to leave the practice.
Orange city fl |
I just had my daughter via csection not even a week prior to her first appointment /first check up with Dr Burns I still had staples and my doc even told me wait until staples are out to go anywhere well my concern was my daughter..well they have a dog(boxer) running around I was allergic but didn't no until it was time to see the doc I was told in order to breastfed u must diet no fruits veggies or dairy and my daughter had jaundice which was a lie She also called dcf on me for no reason POSdoc
in Deltona fl |
Today was my first time bringing my daughter who is a year old to Dr Burns office and it was a HORRIBLE experience. The staff is so ignorant and rude. They talk to you and look at you like your stupid and I would never even take my dog to this place. Dr Burns doesn't interact with the children at all, she speaks so low that you can't hear her then gets an attitude when you ask her to repeat her self. I have never felt so uncomfortable or belittled at a doctor's office like this in my life!
in Orange City, FL |
Over two hour wait time in a small crowded waiting room. After being told to get there as soon as I could arrived before numerous other patients yet was seen afterwards. When I asked why I was told to come right away i was told that the staff was filling openings...if I had to wait two hours clearly there was no opening to fill. The insurance person had not verified my insurance properly during my wait. I won't be going back
Orange City, Fl |
If you like being talked down to or accused of being a bad parent then this is the place for you, otherwise stay away. This was my first visit to them and everything was well in the beginning with the nurse who was nice and pleasant but that all changed when the doctor came in who was demeaning and rude. I will be looking for a new doctor who is friendly and cares about the patient.
Have you seen Dr. Valerie C. Burns, MD?
Are you Dr. Burns?

Compare Dr. Burns

Dr. Burns says...

I have had the pleasure and the privilege of practicing pediatrics for 25 years. I chose pediatrics because I felt I could do the most good as patients growing and their families culture was developing.

I attended New York city public schools and had  Regents Scholarship to attend college at the City University of New York.  I went to medical school  at Stony Brook University which is part of the State University of New York. I did my residency on Long Island at Nassau County Medical Center. Growing up in NY and attending public school exposed me to other children from many different backgrounds.  As the grandchild of immigrants, I always found this fascinating and often inspiring.

I had a National Health Service Corps Scholarship to attend medial school and worked for 2 years in rural South Carolina, in the low country to pay this back.  I then joined my husband in Miami while he finished his training.  I worked as a hospitalist at Joe DiMaggio Children's Hospital.

After we moved to Deland I worked at the Volusia County Health Department while I saved money to open my own office.  I opened a solo practice in 2010 in Orange City.

My personal interests are travel, knitting, dance and spending time with my two dogs, Duncan and Hugo who sometimes come to the office with me.  Hugo is the extrovert, I call him "Mr Personality" !

Dr. Burns' Care Philosophy

My practice will be transitioning to a Direct Pay model over the coming months.

Dr. Burns' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pediatrics
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Asthma in Children
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Dermatitis

Nassau Co Med Center

Completed in 1987

Hunter College, CUNY

Graduated in 1980

Dr. Burns does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Burns and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pediatrics

• Vaccination
  • Well Baby Care
  • Well Child Examination
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results