Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMaleAge 40

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD is an Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Providence, RI and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from JEFFERSON MED COLL-THOS JEFFERSON UNIV in 2006. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Brigham And Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. His office accepts new patients.

Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD

University Orthopedics Inc

2 Dudley St Ste 200 Providence, RI 02905

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital

• Osteoarthritis of Finger Joint
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist
  • Osteoarthritis of Toe
  • Osteoarthritis of Wrist
Hide other areas of care
Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain

Dr. Antoci treats Patellofemoral Pain Syndrome or Knee Pain more than 99% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Knee Pain

Dr. Antoci's conditions and procedures:

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

Dr. Antoci accepts

Dr. Antoci accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross and Blue Shield of Louisiana
Tufts Health Plans

Dr. Antoci's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Antoci

Just trust him
I saw his PA for a complex knee problem after a total knee replacement somewhere else. Chloe took her time, ordered labs, bone scan, and then had me see Dr. Antoci after the studies were complete. Dr. Antoci listened to me, asked for my thoughts, was able to pinpoint a couple possible problems, and I had full faith in him. I hear he is one of the top revision surgeons in the state. I even had a second opinion in Boston and they told me that he is the best. I am now 6 weeks from surgery, and my hip does not hurt. I can get in and out of the car without crying, am back to exercising, and living my life.
Feb 02, 2023
Magician
I have been reading the comments. Hip whisperer. I say hip magician. I am very thankful to be back to work at less than 4 weeks from surgery. I am driving, back to the gym, no pain. Dr Antoci, his secretary, his PA Chloe, even the residents - a great team. Don’t listen to the naysayers who leave reviews and did not even have surgery. Best surgeon period.
Robert – Jan 25, 2023
Brand new knee replacement
Saw Dr. Antoci for 2 weeks after total knee arthroplasty - I am amazed. He has been the best from first appointment, the surgery was without a hitch, his team is phenomenal. About an hour after the surgery, physical therapy got me up and walking. Went home the same day. Drove to the appointment today, only using a cane for balance (don't use it around the house), I am so excited and thankful. Dr. Antoci literally gave my life back. He asked that I live a review - thank you thank you thank you and God bless you! I cannot say enough nice things.
Susan – Jan 20, 2023
Best doc I know
Dr. Antoci is the best. He carefully discussed my situation, he showed me the x-rays, he had two students with him taking notes, and everybody was just impressive. The building was impressive. The front desk and staff was very nice. The waiting area was so busy - so many people waiting to see Dr. Antoci. I see some reviews saying they had to wait - I had to wait 4 hours at my other doctor last week.... so 45 minutes for Dr. Antoci was not bad at all. It just tells me he is the best. He did my friend's total hip last summer and he was on the golf course a couple weeks later. Thank you for seeing me
Bob L – Jan 20, 2023
Terrible Experience
Over the course of 6 months met with his PA on a few occasions, and wasted my time agreeing to cortisone and gel treatments when it was clear all along I needed two replacements. Finally got an appointment with Dr. Antoci. After waiting 2 plus hours in the waiting room, I was finally called into an exam room. The doctor came looking frazzled, and spent less than 5 minutes, with me. He then asked a nurse to weigh me. He returned a short time later and told me to come back when I lost 30 lbs. I started to explain why that would be difficult, but he immediately cut me off before I could explain my weight issue and said once curtly said, come back when you lose the weight. I never got to ask why I hadn't been told months earlier by the PA about the weight restriction. I would think twice before going to University Ortho. My advice, look into RI Ortho at South County Hospital. I am so very pleased with the entire team and delighted with my surgeon.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Paul R – Nov 27, 2022
GET A SECOND OPINION
Dr Antoci and his secretary were the most unprofessional medical personnel I’ve ever encountered. After mistakes they made, they were unwilling to fix the problems they created leaving me to schedule my surgery with another facility. Get a second opinion and avoid this doctor and his rude staff!
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
The 2nd opinion patient – Nov 03, 2022
Dr. Antoci is the best!
Dr. Antoci was thorough, explained everythingin a way that I could understand and was reassuring, genuine and warm. He is brilliant and knowledgeable and was helpful regarding the activity I can do in the future. I feel reassured and grateful that I had the best physician to help me!
Mary King – Sep 07, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
I had a hip revision done last year. Dr. Antoci was amazing and I feel like I have my life back. I am so grateful to have him as my doctor.
Jeena Fusco – May 28, 2022
Excellent surgeon
64 yo nurse. Had outpatient knee replacement at The Miriam Hospital. Came home with only a 3 ½ inch incision. Back to my gym end of week 2. Back to work week 6. Skiing by end of week 12. ……and he has a nice personality!
Tina – May 15, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
Excellent treatment good results and the people at kettle point were phenomenal! I am nine days into a total hip replacement and getting around very well with Cane and very little pain. Doctor Antoci was great! No hesitation in having my second hip done
Carol Catauro – Sep 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
What a great man! I came in with knee pain, he diagnosed it right away as "hemarthrosis" put a needle and got a pint of blood out, and I'm doing much better. Not only that, but then he called next day to make sure I am doing better. Love you Dr. Antoci!
Jun 12, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
I did my total knee at Kettle Point and was very impressed with the entire team and especially the attention that Dr. Antoci took to the post-op care, the phone calls after, and the quick recovery. I'm dancing again!
Feb 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
I had hip surgery and within three days I was able to resume normal activities including working as a consultant and testing for a client on their property. Recommend most highly
Ralph Wiech – May 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
The Doctor was the best. His staff, his practice, all those connected with the procedure and services were absolutely superior to any expectations I had. Extremely pleased with the treatment and the results.
Douglas Perkins – Dec 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
Dr. Antoci is the hip wizard! I am three weeks post total left hip replacement and walking pain free. Ay day 10, I was able to use a cane and now at day 20, I can cruise around my home assistance-free including going up and down stairs. I use the cane just in case when I’m outside or going for a short errand. I highly recommend Dr. Antoci if you are considering this surgery. He listens to what you anticipate is a realistic outcome and advises, does not push, you make the decision best for you. If you decide to have surgery, you’ll I feel like you’re driving a new car .... every step is a smooth ride!
Robin S. in Barrington, RI – Sep 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
It took around 8 weeks and two visits with his PA to see the Dr.. I was very disappointed with him. He seemed to just want to get away. Entire time with him less than 5. It seemed like I was bothering him. I now have an amazing Dr who looks you in the eye, talks to you and doesn't want to escape. I never will recommend him or want him treating me or my friends and family
JJ Buck – Aug 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
Dr. Antoci was very thorough at all meetings. There's usually a long wait in the office, but he still addressed all my questions. Sometimes things feel a bit rushed, but my surgery went so well, his team was fantastic, Ana was very helpful setting everything up, and Danielle is the most carrying assistant doctor I have ever met. Recommend without any reservations - I can ride my motorcycle again this Summer! Now only if everyone would be as great as Dr. Antoci
May 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
He is such a good looking fellow and so kind. I had a hip replacement and can not stop smiling at how well I am doing. He won the doctors dance competition and I am ready to go dancing too. Best doctor in Rhode Island!
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
after 3 opinions with other surgeons I chose the right doctor. right hip replacement December 6th 2018.6 weeks later I'm cycling and even lite jogging..great guy and staff. highly recommended. don't hesitate with Dr antoci. he's straight up and tells I like it is.
Carl melidossian in johnston , RI – Jan 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
I had hip pain for years. My other doctor said to "wait it out until I'm a little older". Dr. Antoci tried PT and cortisone shot therapy, but once it became obvious it wasn't going to help we scheduled a total hip replacement. within 5 months of my first appointment, we had tried less aggressive methods, scheduled necessary surgery, and had the operation. One month after the surgery I am walking comfortably doing everything I could do before and have NO PAIN! excellent experience and results.
KD in Providence – Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Antoci?