Dr. Valentin Antoci Jr, MD

Orthopedic Surgery | Male

University Orthopedics Inc 2 Dudley St Ste 200 Providence, RI 02905 Get Directions
Dr. Valentin Antoci Jr, MD
Dr. Antoci is a hip and knee surgeon with University Orthopedics at Rhode Island, Miriam, and Newport Hospitals. He came from Boston with training and experience at the Massachusetts General Hospital, Brigham and Women's, and the Harvard Combined Orthopedic Surgery Program, and is now an assistant professor of orthopedic surgery with the Warren Alpert Medical School of Brown University. In fact, he has given over 100 national and international talks including the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery, and the European Bone and Joint Society in France, Germany, and Italy. He has authored and coauthored over a dozen books chapters and several books, currently serves on the editorial board of Journal of Arthroplasty and Journal of Orthopedic Trauma, and has won multiple awards and recognition from the American Academy of Orthopedic Surgery, the International Society for Technology in Arthroplasty, the Musculoskletal Infection Society, and the Eastern Orthopedic Association. His focus is mainly in hip and knee replacement with a special interest in minimally invasive surgery, partial knee arthroplasty, and new innovations in bone and joint diagnoses and treatment. He runs a research laboratory focused on new joint implant designs, tissue engineering, and biological interactions at the implant surface. In his free time, he is an avid outdoor enthusiast and enjoys involvement in the community with local sports teams and activity groups.

Dr. Antoci Jr's Experience

See how Dr. Antoci Jr's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Antoci Jr

Dr. Antoci Jr accepts 8 insurance carriers

Dr. Antoci Jr is now accepting new patients
Rhode Island Hospital2 Dudley St Ste 200
Providence, RI 02905
Evening
(401) 457-1500Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 6 hospitals where Dr. Antoci Jr has admitting privileges.

Dr. Antoci Jr's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Antoci Jr to family and friends
Dr. Antoci Jr's Performance
Boston, MA |
Wonderful surgeon. He performed hip replacement surgery on me last October and within 6 weeks I felt like my old self again! Can't say enough good things about the experience!
Portsmouth, RI |
From the first visit to post opp visits Dr. Antoci's professionalism and bed side manner was outstanding! After my knee replacement I went back to work in 4.5 weeks... Now 4.5 months later and i can't say enough good things about this man who gave me my life back pain free! Great Choice For excellent care and results! Thank You Dr.Antoci, Danny Tenchara
in Woonsocket, RI |
I would recommend dr Antoci to anybody
in Coventry, RI |
Dr Antoci replaced my knee in Feb. 2017. I'm doing excellent thanks to Dr Antoci being a extraordinary surgeon. He has a great "bedside" manner and is so easy to talk to. I would/will recommend him to everyone I know. Thanks Dr. Antoci xo
in Pawtucket |
Excellent communication with his patients.. Always makes sure your understanding your treatment. Never rushes his appointment. Very happy with the hip replacement he did!
in Warwick, RI |
I Found Dr. Antoci very understanding and caring along with his assistant Michael. I recommend Dr. Antocis team very highly. They were excellent along with the hospital stay, visiting nurse and therapy people. thank you so much
Attleboro, MA |
I had a full knee replacement 5 months ago and started playing 18 holes of golf by March 1. so happy I had it done (best Doctor ever), also took 10 points off golf game!!!!!!!
in Tiverton, RI |
Dr. Antoci was very thorough and kind in his treatment of me. I have seen several other surgeons who told me that my case is too complicated and I should just get a wheelchair and live my life. I am happy that I did not take no for an answer. Dr. Antoci took me as a patient and now I have a new hip replacement with no pain and no wheelchair. In fact I am going to do the Arthritis walk with my surgeon this year. Thank you thank you thank you!
in Johnston, RI |
I had a total hip with Dr. Antoci and I'm excited for the summer. Last year I could barely walk and this year I have the boat ready to go. Only 4 weeks from surgery I am walking with no cane. Dr. Antoci is so nice, always makes sure to take his time with us even when his office is so busy. He always explains things and just talks to us. I am excited that my doctor is the medical honoree for the Arthritis Foundation and has been advocating and supporting patients with joint pain just like me.
in Scituate. RI |
Excellent experience with Dr. Antoci with my full hip replacement on the left side. I recommend him with high grades
in Narragansett, RI |
I am extremely happy with my experience with Dr. Antoci. He made me feel very relaxed & confident with my hip replacement surgery. The surgery went as well as expected and recovery was faster than expected & faster than usual according to all my nurses for home care & rehab. I would highly recommend him.
in Bristol, RI |
Dr. Antoci replaced my left knee in May of 2016. During our 1st visit he answered all my questions and took the time to explain the procedure in detail and what to expect after surgery. I started PT 2 days after surgery and was golfing 6 weeks later. In February I was skiing without a brace for the first time in years didn't think about my knee until I was back in the lodge. I have no restrictions on activity and more importantly I'm no longer in pain when golfing, skiing or exercising.
Providence, RI |
Seven months have elapsed, time enough from pre-operative pain, through a total knee replacement, physical therapy and recovery, back to a comfortable working knee--serious surgery at 81 which I had continually put off--but the excellent outcome has made it worth doing.
in Warwick, RI |
I called University Orthopedics and was scheduled to see Dr. Antoci next day for my knee arthritis. Did you see his waiting room, so many people... despite that, he took his time, explained everything, and even drew on paper what a total or a partial knee replacement involves. Now I am three weeks from a partial knee replacement, ready to go back to work, just got rid of the cane, and only take Tylenol for some remaining pain! Thank you!
in Warwick, RI |
I had a great experience with Dr Antoci and his staff. I am just three weeks out from meniscus surgery and feel better than I have in months. His surgical coordinator, Marguerite, was so helpful with all of the paperwork and phone calls necessary to process my LOA and surgery. I highly recommend this group.
in Stonington, CT |
Dr. Antoci is professional, competent and personable. Most impressive was his willingness to give me as the patient input into the process by supporting requests and clearly answering questions and concerns. Dr. Antoci exemplifies patient-centered care. What ultimately assured me that I had chosen a respected surgeon was when staff asked me who my doctor was. Their response would either be a smile on their face or a positive comment. I consider this highly complimentary to Dr. Antoci.
in Coventry, RI |
I was very pleased with the results of my knee replacement surgery, Dr. Antoci and his office returned all calls promptly. I had zero issues with any side effects from surgery. I would highly recommend Dr. Antoci.
in Cranston, RI |
Great surgeon, good bedside manner, called me back even late at night. His team has been excellent - Marguerite is super helpful and goes to bat for you.
in North Kingstown, RI |
Dr. Antoci replaced my left hip 0n 2/15/2017. I could not be happier with the results of his surgery. In two weeks, I was walking without the help of the walker, the cane or crutch. It's been a month, today, and I am pain free and walking normally. On a scale of 1-10, I'd give Dr. Antoci a 12! Lawrence Hower
in Smithfield, RI |
Having Dr. Antoci perform surgery on my Hip and Pelvis went very well. I have had several doctor visits and he was prompt and very courteous. He explained to me the whole procedure and the healing portion and my treatment. We went over the X-ray's and he showed me in detail what was damaged and what he did. I am continuing to see Dr. Antoci until I am cleared and 100%. I was so happy with the out come I gave him a HUG instead of a hand shake. Thank YOU!!!!
in Hope Valley, RI |
Dr. Antoci is not only a superb surgeon, he has an extremely good bed side manner, and is a nice person to talk to. I had total knee replacement surgery on Oct 26th 2016, and it is now Feb 14th 2017, and I am very pleased with the results. After following Dr. Antoci's instructions and the physical therapy before and after surgery, I feel very stable on my surgically repaired knee, and experience virtually no pain. I can't say enough about the confidence I have in Dr. Antoci.
in Providence, RI |
My experience with a total hip replacement was amazing, everyone commented that it was the smallest scar they have ever seen, I was up and walking a couple hours after the surgery, and went home next morning. Dr. Antoci is amazing!
in lincoln, ri |
i cannot stress enough how lucky i was that dr. antoci was working that day i went to miriam. i had contacted flesh eating bacteria. he performed emergency surgery and saved my life and leg. he is knowledgable, skillfull and compassionate. your in good hands if hes your surgeon.
in Bristol, RI |
Dr. Antonio performed a partial knee replacement on me 3 weeks ago. I signed for a full if needed. I like the fact after an informed explanation that he would do what was needed once he got inside to correct the problem so I could live a pain free productive life. He was patient, and polite and most of and all competent. I can't recommend him enough.
in North Providence, RI |
Without the care I received from Dr. Antochi, I would still be in terrible pain in a wheelchair unable to live the active life I once had. Dr. Antochi explored all possible options of repair and hip replacement, explained everything in detail and was always available for questions and support through my surgery. Today, one year after a total hip replacement, I am without pain and happily back to the activities I enjoy including gardening, walking and dancing. Dr. Antoci is a miracle worker!
in North Providence, RI |
Dr. Antoci is very well educated doctor who actually spends time with the patient. Well waiting in the pre opt at Miriam hospital for a hip replacement I overheard the interns speaking about him in glowing terms. Compare his education and experience along with his surgical skills, he is a great choice.
in Rehoboth, MA |
I saw Dr. Antoci in late May with swelling from my knee to my foot. I had no idea what was wrong. I had already had a partial knee replacement lass than 2 years ago. Dr. Antoci discovered that my "new knee" had come "unglue. Even with his busy schedule he go me in for a total knee replacement in 4 days. He is gentle, caring, he listens, and an excellent surgeon. I was back swimming in 4 weeks! My husband needs a knee and I want Dr. Antoci to do his surgery too.
in Slatersville, RI |
Dr Antoci spent time and explained my issue and the treatment. I felt I was not being rushed when I asked my questions. He was very knowledgeable and will definitely recommend and go back to him.
in East Providence, RI |
He did minimally invasive hip replacement surgery at RI Hospital. He was always optimistic, and the outcome and my progress have been better than I could have hoped. The incision is only about 3-4 inches long! Great bedside manner. Even the hospital nurses said he's the best. I was lucky - I only found Dr. Antoci when I was looking for a second opinion. Best decision I ever made!
Have you seen Dr. Valentin Antoci Jr, MD?
Are you Dr. Antoci Jr?

Compare Dr. Antoci Jr

Dr. Antoci Jr says...

Dr. Antoci Jr's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Rhode Island not available

Dr. Antoci Jr has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Rhode Island.

Why It Matters: Dr. Antoci Jr's Board Certifications

• Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Hip Fracture
  • Internal Derangement of Knee
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

JEFFERSON MED COLL-THOS JEFFERSON UNIV

Graduated in 2006

Massachusetts General Hospital, Harvard Medical School
    Harvard Affil Hosp
    Massachusetts General Hospital

• Romanian
  • Russian

Dr. Antoci Jr does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Antoci Jr and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Adult Orthopedic Surgery