Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD

Orthopedic Surgery •  Male • Age 38

University Orthopedics Inc

2 Dudley St Providence, RI 02905

Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in Providence, RI. Dr. Antoci has more experience with Hip/Pelvic Bones and Knee/Lower Limbs than other specialists in his area. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Brigham And Women's Hospital and Massachusetts General Hospital. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Antoci to book an appointment.

Compare Providers

Quickly compare more Orthopedic Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals
  • Hospital Satisfaction

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Rhode Island

Frequently Treated by Dr. Antoci

Based on treatment records, we have identified the following as areas of care that Dr. Antoci treats more often than their peers. If you are unsure whether Dr. Antoci treats other conditions, please contact the office at (401) 457-1500.

Hip/Pelvic Bones

Hip surgery includes arthroscopy, fracture repair, resurfacing, and replacment to treat conditions affecting the hip, such as arthritis, dysplasia, and injuries.Compare with other Hip/Pelvic Bones specialists.

Dr. Antoci typically treats 67% more often than similar doctors

Based on claims data for 7 conditions and procedures

Treatments
Osteoarthritis of Hip
Hip Replacement
Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
Hip Fracture
Normal Frequency
High Frequency
Very High Frequency
Similar Providers

Knee/Lower Limbs

Knee and lower limb surgeons perform procedures such as total knee replacement, partial knee replacement, and tendor repair, to treat conditions including arthritis, ligament tears, or bone fractures.Compare with other Knee/Lower Limbs specialists.

Dr. Antoci typically treats 59% more often than similar doctors

• Chondrocalcinosis
  • Clavicle Fracture
  • Coccyx or Sacrum Fracture
  • Complications of Joint Prosthesis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Excision of Femur or Knee
  • Knee Replacement Revision
  • Knee Sprain
  • Knee Surgery
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Systemic Chondromalacia
  • Systemic Sclerosis
  • Tibia and Fibula Fractures

Dr. Antoci accepts

Dr. Antoci accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Tufts PPO

Dr. Antoci's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Antoci

Dr. Antoci?
Despite the COVID19, Dr. Antoci and his office continue to take care of patients. I was anxious going in, but they do their due diligence to make me safe, lots of social distancing precautions. And the best - I scheduled and then had my total knee at Kettle Point! Did not have to go to the hospital with all the patients with corona. The Kettle point experience was amazing, very private and one on one. I'm 1 week out and back to my life, better than before. Thank you!!!!!!
John M – May 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
I had hip surgery and within three days I was able to resume normal activities including working as a consultant and testing for a client on their property. Recommend most highly
Ralph Wiech – May 05, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
The Doctor was the best. His staff, his practice, all those connected with the procedure and services were absolutely superior to any expectations I had. Extremely pleased with the treatment and the results.
Douglas Perkins – Dec 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
Dr. Antoci is the hip wizard! I am three weeks post total left hip replacement and walking pain free. Ay day 10, I was able to use a cane and now at day 20, I can cruise around my home assistance-free including going up and down stairs. I use the cane just in case when I’m outside or going for a short errand. I highly recommend Dr. Antoci if you are considering this surgery. He listens to what you anticipate is a realistic outcome and advises, does not push, you make the decision best for you. If you decide to have surgery, you’ll I feel like you’re driving a new car .... every step is a smooth ride!
Robin S. in Barrington, RI – Sep 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
It took around 8 weeks and two visits with his PA to see the Dr.. I was very disappointed with him. He seemed to just want to get away. Entire time with him less than 5. It seemed like I was bothering him. I now have an amazing Dr who looks you in the eye, talks to you and doesn't want to escape. I never will recommend him or want him treating me or my friends and family
JJ Buck – Aug 14, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
Dr. Antoci was very thorough at all meetings. There's usually a long wait in the office, but he still addressed all my questions. Sometimes things feel a bit rushed, but my surgery went so well, his team was fantastic, Ana was very helpful setting everything up, and Danielle is the most carrying assistant doctor I have ever met. Recommend without any reservations - I can ride my motorcycle again this Summer! Now only if everyone would be as great as Dr. Antoci
May 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
He is such a good looking fellow and so kind. I had a hip replacement and can not stop smiling at how well I am doing. He won the doctors dance competition and I am ready to go dancing too. Best doctor in Rhode Island!
Mar 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
after 3 opinions with other surgeons I chose the right doctor. right hip replacement December 6th 2018.6 weeks later I'm cycling and even lite jogging..great guy and staff. highly recommended. don't hesitate with Dr antoci. he's straight up and tells I like it is.
Carl melidossian in johnston , RI – Jan 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
I had hip pain for years. My other doctor said to "wait it out until I'm a little older". Dr. Antoci tried PT and cortisone shot therapy, but once it became obvious it wasn't going to help we scheduled a total hip replacement. within 5 months of my first appointment, we had tried less aggressive methods, scheduled necessary surgery, and had the operation. One month after the surgery I am walking comfortably doing everything I could do before and have NO PAIN! excellent experience and results.
KD in Providence – Jan 11, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
Dr. Antoci performed a total knee replacement on me at the end of October, 2018. Thanks to his surgical skills and expertise, my quality of life has greatly improved, my mobility has returned and I no longer experience knee, hip and lower back pain. Dr. Antoci is a true professional, yet he is very personable and a good listener. He answered every question I asked and addressed my concerns. I highly recommend Dr. Antoci..
Lauren P. in Pawtucket, RI – Dec 07, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
Dr. Antoci and his team are highly professional, confident and very personable putting one instantly at ease..his surgery skills are the best, this was very apparent in my case. I came out of surgery feeling almost like nothing ever happened! I had a perfect recovery, no problems. The team follows through continually, they are all just wonderful...I highly recommend Dr. Antoci!
Elizabeth in Providence, RI – Oct 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
Dr. Antoci was very direct and to the point. Which I greatly appreciated. He advised me to try yoga to get relief from hip and knee pain. I started a twice a day routine folllowing the appt and now have al it’s total relief from pain . So grateful and appreciate that he did not look for a problem but found a solution, would highly recommend him to anyone, and I already did! Grateful to have his expertise.
RI – Oct 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
1 year ago I had a hip replacement with Dr. Antoci and I can honestly say I forgot about it except for the message that my follow up appointment is coming up. I saw him at their new offices - man what a view - he was smiling, my hip is like new. Thank you, thank you, thank you
Aaron in East Greenwich, RI – Oct 14, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
It's like going to the theater, always a crowd at the office, and always a long wait, but I think it's worth it. If you got real complains, he listens. I have had him spend 5 minutes with me one time and almost an hour another time based on the time needed to convey the message. Ultimately, he was the one to do my knee replacement, and if not for the rain today I would be on the golf course. This guy knows what he is doing
John in East Providence, RI – Oct 12, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
I was extremely disappointed at my visit with Dr. Antoci. I have had severe knee problems for years and put off this visit because I am very busy. Dr. Antoci diagnosed me before seeing any of my medical history or even meeting me. He walked into the room with 3 sheets of paper for runners knee exercises and placed his hands on my knee for 30 seconds to feel around. He didn't have me stand or test for lack of mobility. He spent less than 5 minutes in the room and didn't even listen to me.
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't explain conditions well
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
AJM – Aug 30, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
Dr. Antoci performed hip replacement surgery on me less than one month ago. I am a new man. Prior to surgery, I could barely walk even with a cane. Today, I am free of pain, need no walking assistance, and am back at the gym. I highly recommend Dr. Antoci, not only for his surgical skill, but also for his approachable and caring demeanor.
vjg1228 in Middletown, RI – Aug 06, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
I am so thankful that I was able to be seen by Dr. Antoci so quickly. I have had pain in my right hip for the past 2 years due to arthritis and could no longer prolong surgery. On May 9, 2018, Dr. Antoci performed my hip replacement surgery and even though it has only been 3 weeks I am so thankful to Dr. Antoci for allowing me to walk more comfortably and without arthritis pain! Thank you Dr. Antoci for your wonderful personality and your healing hands!
Gail Squatrito in Bristol , RI – Jun 02, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
His reputation in the community is impeccable. I was worried that he looks so young but it must be the 5 miles he told me he ran that morning. I am a runner myself but cannot do it anymore. I am looking forward to a total hip and am confident that I am in the best hands in the area.
Jeff in Cranston – May 29, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
I have been struggling with a bad knee for the last couple years, literally on crutches when I called to get an appointment. I was at Shaws and the cashier told me about Dr. Antoci. From the moment he walked in the room smiling to now 3 weeks from a knee replacement, I can't be more thankful. I am getting my life back. Right after surgery I felt better than before the surgery just like he told me. Best scores for Dr. Antoci... and he's a dancer too!
Julie in Barington – May 18, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?
I had a very complicated problem with my hip. Other orthopedists strongly recommended Dr. Antoci Jr. do my surgery. The orthopedic residents who assist him in the OR said his surgical skills are outstanding. His colleagues were right; I had an excellent outcome, now walking without a cane or a limp. He listened well and was empathetic. I fully understood his answers to all of my questions. I trusted him and was confident that I had found the right orthopedist..
Apr 24, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Valentin Antoci, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Antoci?

Dr. Antoci is a hip and knee surgeon with University Orthopedics at Rhode Island, Miriam, and Newport Hospitals. He came from Boston with training and...Read more

• Bone & Joint Non-Surgical Orthopedics