Dr. Uri Ben-Zur, MD

Dr. Uri Ben-Zur, MD

Cardiology  |

Dr. Uri Ben-Zur, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Tarzana, CA. He is 57 years old and has been practicing for 31 years. Read his story

Cardiovascular Institute

18200 Ventura Blvd

Tarzana, CA 91356

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net

Learn about Dr. Ben-Zur

See how frequently Dr. Ben-Zur performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
Heart Palpitations
Chest Pain

Dr. Ben-Zur's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Ben-Zur's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ben-Zur "The Cardiovascular Institute of Greater Los Angeles, Heart Rhythm, and Interventional Cardiology Center is dedicated to offering a patient-centered approach to practicing medicine, providing world-class, state-of-the-art heart care. WAITING AREAWhile our patient waiting room is very nice, we don't want patients waiting. We want a patient to be seen once they arrive in the office. If you are given an appointment time that's the time you're seen. We don't believe in long waits in a waiting room and then an additional wait in an exam room. While this may surprise you, that's the way we practice medicine. We believe that our business should be geared towards patients needs. SAME DAY OR NEXT DAY APPOINTMENTS, ALWAYSWe are able to take patient appointments the same day or the next day. We want to be able to see you when you need us. We take pride in the fact that our patients are always able to get appointments. At our office, you will never be told that our only available appointment is weeks or even months away. ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS (EMR)In our practice, we are proud to say that we utilize Electronic Medical Records. What does this mean to you as a patient? Employing a state of the art EMR system means that your records are available 24 hours a day. For example, if you were on vacation somewhere and a physician or hospital needed your records, we could electronically send your records quickly and accurately. EMR also eliminates the hassle of missing charts and missing information. Some patients are concerned about the safety of their medical records, but with an EMR system, your records are actually more secure than paper charts, as only authorized individuals may view your records. EXCELLENT HOURS AND CONVENIENCEWe offer excellent hours working around your busy schedule to deliver the very best cardiovascular care available. We see patients 6 days a week (Monday – Friday and Sunday) as early as 6:00 A.M. These patients- friendly hours allow our patients to come in when their schedule permits thus avoiding missed work and traffic. We are usually able to give our patients same day appointments. The emphasis in our practice is on quality. PROCEDURES PERFORMED IMMEDIATELY AFTER DIAGNOSIS IS CONFIRMEDAs soon as a diagnosis is confirmed, Dr. Ben-Zur is able to schedule procedure shortly thereafter. We want our patients to get the treatment they need in the shortest amount of time possible, so they get back to good cardiovascular health."

This content was provided by Dr. Ben-Zur "The Cardiovascular Institute of Greater Los Angeles, Heart Rhythm and Interventional Cardiology Center, is dedicated to offering a patient-centered approach to practicing medicine, providing world class, state-of-the-art heart care.

While our patient waiting room is very nice, we don't want patients waiting. We want a patient to be seen once they arrive in the office. If you are given an appointment time that's the time you're seen. We don't believe in long waits in a waiting room and then an additional wait in an exam room. While this may surprise you, that's the way we practice medicine. We believe that our business should be geared towards patients needs."

• Cardiology

• Cardiomyopathy, Familial Dilated
  • Cardiomyopathy, Hypertrophic
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Tricuspid Valve Disease
  • Ventricular Fibrillation

• Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
  • Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Electrophysiological Study
  • Heart Surgery
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement
  • Peripheral Artery Catheterization
  • Removal or Revision of Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Thoracentesis
  • Thrombolysis

No malpractice history found for California.

• New York Acad Med
  • Montefior Med Ctr Albert Einstein Coll Med
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1995
  • Scripps Clin & Rsch Fdn La Jolla
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1996

Dr. Ben-Zur has no media or publications listed.

• Armenian
  • Farsi
  • Hebrew
  • Hindi
  • Punjabi
  • Russian
  • Tagalog
  • Urdu

Dr. Ben-Zur does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ben-Zur and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Providence Tarzana Medical Center

is a Recipient of a Healthgrades Excellence Award
Cardiac Care Excellence Award

Hospital Quality Award

Dr. Ben-Zur is on the medical staff at our top-rated hospital.

View Awards

Dr. Ben-Zur's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ben-Zur to family and friends
Dr. Ben-Zur's Performance
in Encino, CA |
I have known Dr. Ben-Zur since January 2012. He truly turned my whole life around by placing me on a vegetable diet, convincing me to exercise regularly and changing prescriptions. He is one of a kind absolutely the best doctor you can find. I personally know of a few patients whose lives he saved. His office is super-friendly and open 6 days a week!
in tarzana, ca |
Dr. Ben-Zur was the cardiologist on call when I arrived at the ER after a bout of chest pain, sweating and throwing up - EMS got me on track on the way to the hospital with Nitro - but the symptoms returned after arriving at the hospital. Dr. Ben-Zur performed a Heart Cath and implanted a stent. I'm a healthy 61 year old with no prior issues, so this was a frightening experience for me and my family. He made the event so much less stressful with his positive attitude, professional presence and w
in Rancho Santa Margarita, CA |
Dr. Ben-Zur is the best physician I have met so far. Always available when I needed it. I love him
in Reseda |
I have been a patient of Dr. Ben-Zur for approximately 20 Yrs. and cannot praise him enough. He has enhanced the quality of my life many times. He has saved my life once and my wife's life twice. He LISTENS to us. His recommendations are practical and conservative. He explains everything to us. He gives us as much time as we need. He understands us and is always pleasant and affable. He is a credit to the medical profession. Heart trouble often comes with depression and his advice, empathy and e
in Encino |
I am blessed to have Dr. Ben-Zur as my cardiologist, friend and life couch..if you find Yourself in an unfortunate situation and you need a heart doctor, you can not do better than to see Dr. B and his wonderful staff. I think i died 7 years ago and i am still around. Thank you so much
in Tarzana, CA |
Dr. Ben-Zur is the most phenomenal doctor I have ever had the great fortune to have treat me. Dr. Ben-Zur came highly recommended and I understand why - the doctor and his entire staff put me at ease, were professional, knowledgeable, thorough, patient, understanding & brilliant. I consider all of them my family and this extraordinary group aren't located in a sterile & unfriendly office, they are the sole residents of beautiful 1 story building. I can't thank them enough, but I can say I thank
in Valley Village |
He is Amazing. He helped me to change me life towards healthy living.
in Tarzana, CA |
Dr. Ben-Zur has it all; he is brilliant, thorough, compassionate, empathetic, personable and kind. He is unique; one of a kind Doctor who treats you as an individual and doesn't dismiss you without making sure you are satisfied that there is nothing wrong with you. If only other Doctors could follow his example.
in Tarzana, CA |
I want to say a BIG Thank you! You've been just a wonderful doctor and despite knowing me, my history, story and complexities, have never given up. You have a very down to earth, genuine and just great bedside manner and it shows by how much you care for your patients (even the ones you know who talk too much like me!) Thank you for being you, don't change :)
in Tarzana, CA |
Dr. Ben-Zur is brilliant in his speciality. He listens to your concerns, is very thorough and, gives you his total focus during your time with him. He is nurturing in his approach to healing, always on top of the latest advances in Cardiology. Dr Ben-Zur will communicate with your other specialist for other conditions if necessary. I would never hesitate to recommend him to anyone, and everyone.
in Tarzana |
Dr. Ben-Zur is an extraordinary physician. We meet him almost 10 years ago. I underwent heart surgery, and I have been Dr. Ben-Zur's patients ever since. Dr. Ben-Zur has been a blessing to me. With the patient's he is exceptionally kind, patient, and compassionate. His bedside manner is 10/10. His clinic is beautifully run and his team is absolutely wonderful! Dr. B is truly gifted at what he does and I will never be able to adequately express our gratitude toward him and all he's done to save
in Los Angeles, CA |
There is no one like him. He is the Best.
in Los Angeles, CA |
A quintessential and elegant cardiologist who saved my life. Handled my issue with aplomb and the highest professionalism. My visit seemed more like seeing an old friend rather than the usual sterile and soulless physician encounter. He diligently pursued all available avenues to arrive at my diagnosis and treatment plan. Without question, the best cardiologist in the City.
in Los Angeles, CA |
I came to Dr Ben-zur given a family h/o heart disease. He was able to find 30% coronary disease. He has been treating me greatly and helping me to improve my lifestyle. Highly recommend him for anyone who has any kind of heart issue. A++
in Los Angeles, CA |
He is the best. Great ears. Great on follow through, caring but tough which I need.
in Encini |
What can I say? I've never met a more amazing doctor. He's not just my doctor, but he's also my friend. And it's not just me. Other people say the same thing. I feel like he really cares about me and tries very hard to help me get better. I can't say enough about him.
in Tarzana, CA |
Dr. Ben-Zur is an exceptional cardiologist. He not only saved my life, but has an amazing bedside manner and calmly guided me through my health crisis. It is so difficult to find such a caring and intelligent physician these days.
in Tarzana, CA |
I cannot say enough great things about Dr. Ben-Zur and his staff. I went to him for my cardiac health. He sat down with me and answered all of my questions thoughtfully. I decided to move forward with an ICD implantation. The constant shortness of breath and chest pain I had experienced for 2 years disappeared. I actually cried at the relief. God bless him for saving my life.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Incredible physician. He made me non diabetic. I am off insulin and oral hypoglycemic pills. I lost 27 lbs in 9 weeks. I feel great, breath easily, light and energetic. When I told this to my gastroenterologist, he was amazed and now wishes to be followed by Dr Ben-Zur. Thank you so much for improving my life.
in Encino |
Dr. Ben-Zur and his staff are amazing. Everybody is very warm and welcoming. They are passionate about patient care and will go to extremes to make you feel comfortable. Dr. Ben-Zur is a very skilled and reputable cardiologist and explained every detail of my medical tests, diagnosis and treatment. I have never met such a caring physician. He always follows up with me via phone to see how I am doing after office visits. I wish I had an opportunity to give him 7 stars!!!!
in Van nuys |
Dr. Ben-Zur saved my husband's life. Without his guidance, we would have been lost when he was diagnosed with a congestive heart failure. He has been there for us every step of the way through each of his 3 heart surgeries. Dr. Be always answers any questions we have, even through emails. Amazing and someone who truly cares about each and every one of his patients and their families.
in Westlake CA |
Dr Ben-Zur saved my life's and he is saving life everyday. I have been under his cardiac care for the last 12 years. He diagnosed me with mitral valve prolapse causing atrial arrhythmia. Subsequently, I underwent open heart surgery/MAZE procedure with him. Today, I feel great and I don't take any medications. I and the world love him.
in Calabasas, CA |
He is an amazing Doctor. He saved my life 12 years ago and had become my mentor in life. We will like we are family and wouldn't know what we would do with his loving care. He is there 24/7. No doctor has this dedication to his practice. We love him.
in west hills, CA |
It's been 5 years since Dr. Ben-Zur first diagnosed my daughter with chronic congestive heart failure. So much has happened since then and when people have asked me how we got through it, I have to give credit to Dr. Ben-Zur and his amazing staff. Even in the scariest moments, we find strength through Dr.Ben-Zur’s calm and competent approach. Sure enough, things improve and we carry on with even greater confidence. He is always so respectful, offering us as much time as we need to ask our seemin
in Los Angeles, CA |
He saved my life 6 years ago. I have been coming since then. All the staff is amazing. I always look forward to my monthly visit. Dr Ben-Zur is very dedicated. And also he took care of my husband Brooks and my 94 yr old mother is also under his amazing care.
in Encino, CA |
The most caring Dr I have ever met. Always available. 24/7. Always return your calls and helps with your concerns. Passionate physician with great bedside manners. Highly recommend him.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Wonderful staff and an excellent doctor. He was always very supportive and understanding, and always made time to see or talk with us. Without his help, my wife would not be the healthy and successful person she is today. Our family is very grateful to Dr. B, and we think he is amazing!
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Ben-Zur is an exceptionally gifted doctor. He is knowledgeable, compassionate, and personable. He involves the whole family in discussing and deciding the right course of treatment. I cannot praise his skill and professionalism enough. He is one of the best, as is his amazing staff.
in Valley village |
Dr Ben-Zur is the best Cardiologist as well as fantastic diagnostician. His bedside manners and his care for the patients is great.
in Los Angeles, CA |
He is the greatest cardiologist in California. Extremely pleasant and knowledgeable.
in Winnetka |
Love this place. Truly can't say enough good things about how attentive Dr. Ben-Zur has been. He definitely put his patients first and has always been willing to give me all the time and attention needed to feel better. I recommend him constantly to friends and family.
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
Great new facility, courteous staff, and excellent care. Dr. B really takes the time EVERY time to examine you, ask you what's going on, and personalize your care for that very moment, rather than making assumptions or going on autopilot as some doctors do. He's also excellent at educating without lecturing, which is great.
in North Hollywood |
Great new facility, courteous staff, and excellent care.
in Burbank, CA |
The best physician I have ever met. He saved my life.
in St. George. Utah |
Dr Ben-Zur is wonderful. He save my life if it hadn't been for him I don't think I'd be here today. We come all the way from Utah because I couldn't find a better doctor than Dr. Ben-Zur. I'm quite certain that I'd be hard pressed to find a more caring and informed Doc in Los Angeles. He put me through my paces with a stress test and he kept me smiling the whole time.
in Arleta |
The best thing ever happened to me to meet Dr Ben-Zur.
in Reseda |
HE'S THE BEST!!!HE HAS GIVEN ME REAL HOPE WHEN NO OTHER DR DID.HE STEPPED TO THE PLATE AND REALLY MADE ME FEEL THAT HE REALLY CARES.YOU JUST DON'T GET THAT THESE DAYS.HE LISTENS, COMMENTS AND CARES.HE TELLS YOU LIKE IT IS.HE SAID CHANGE YOUR LIFE OR YOU WILL DIE EARLY.I LISTENED BECAUSE OF THE WAY HE SAID IT.HE TOLD ME HE WOULD DO EVERYTHING HE COULD TO CHANGE THAT.HE STAYS UP ON ALL THE LATEST THINGS AND CHECKS IT ALL OUT.
in Calabasas |
Best doctor ever. He saved my life. Amazing clinic.
in Calabasas |
My name is Hadas. I am 60 years old and I have seen quite a few doctors in my life and there is no body as dedicated as Dr Ben-Zur. Dr. Ben-Zur has excellent bedside manner, great knowledge, and really cares about his patients. I was really impressed - he spent extra time answering my questions! It's such a rarity these days. I highly recommend Dr. Ben-Zur if you're looking for a great cardiologist.
in Winnetka |
Dr Ben-Zur is not only the most excellent Doctor that I seen, but also the most compassionate. His knowledge and understanding of all my Healy needs far exceeded my expectations. But this review is not about expectation or skill, it is a about Dr Ben-Zur being the doctor who has saved my life and one that has gained my trust above all others. Much love for him and his amazing staff.
in Sherman oaks |
I could literally write a book on all of the positive things about Dr. B. He is extremely intelligent, caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, understanding - if you are lucky enough to be his patient you are truly blessed. He is truly an exceptional doctor and human being. He is what every doctor should be and what I wish more doctors would be. He is beyond the best of the best and I am so grateful he is in Tarzana.
in Sherman oaks |
One of the kindest, smartest, and best physicians I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. His bedside manner is impeccable and he has taken care of me and my husband very well. We really enjoy going to him. All the other doctors we asked, said to go to him. When a physician is that highly recommended by his peers, then he is a very good doctor. He has lived up to our expectations and surpassed them. Best physician we ever had.
in Los Angeles, CA |
I can't say enough good things about The Cardiovascular Inst. In a world of drones, this place REALLY cares about your health and sincerely treats you as a person. The entire staff is so friendly and the service is speedy. My experience here was TOP NOTCH. This will further be my first choice in cardiac care if I ever require it again in the future.
in Tarzana |
Thank you for the outstanding care you provide each day to my wife Ruhama and me. Your expertise, professionalism and warmth embody everything that a physician should be. I am grateful for all you do. Mark and Ruhama Shpizear
in Encino |
Greatest experience with a physician. Dr. Ben Zur emphasizes a healthy living at the core of his practice. He is the most gentle and kind doctor one can hope for yet brutally honest when it comes to warning us about the consequences of our lifestyle choices. He is surrounded by an outstanding staff that truly cares about our wellbeing.
The Best Doctor Ever.
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
I have been treated by Dr. Ben-Zur for over twenty years..Without a doubt, Dr. Ben-Zur is the finest, most skillful and, frankly, amazing physician I have ever had. He treats the whole body with unsurpassed analytical and diagnostic skills. He is truly caring and always available. If needed, he will see you at virtually any day and time. His staff is always top notch.
in North Hollywood |
The best physician I have ever met. Best crew. Very professional staff. No awaiting. Always warm welcomed. I recommend to everyone.
in Tarzana, CA |
He changed my life. Best doctor ever. I had am massive heart attack. He brought me all the way back to great health.
Have you seen Dr. Uri Ben-Zur, MD?
Are you Dr. Ben-Zur?