Dr. Uri M. Ben-Zur, MD

Dr. Uri M. Ben-Zur, MD

Cardiology | Male | 56 years old

The Cardiovascular Institute of Greater Los Angeles, Heart Rhythm, and Interventional Cardiology Center is dedicated to offering a patient-centered approach to practicing medicine, providing world-class, state-of-the-art heart care. WAITING AREAWhile our patient waiting room is very nice, we don't want patients waiting. We want a patient to be seen once they arrive in the office. If you are given an appointment time that's the time you're seen. We don't believe in long waits in a waiting room and then an additional wait in an exam room. While this may surprise you, that's the way we practice medicine. We believe that our business should be geared towards patients needs. SAME DAY OR NEXT DAY APPOINTMENTS, ALWAYSWe are able to take patient appointments the same day or the next day. We want to be able to see you when you need us. We take pride in the fact that our patients are always able to get appointments. At our office, you will never be told that our only available appointment is weeks or even months away. ELECTRONIC MEDICAL RECORDS (EMR)In our practice, we are proud to say that we utilize Electronic Medical Records. What does this mean to you as a patient? Employing a state of the art EMR system means that your records are available 24 hours a day. For example, if you were on vacation somewhere and a physician or hospital needed your records, we could electronically send your records quickly and accurately. EMR also eliminates the hassle of missing charts and missing information. Some patients are concerned about the safety of their medical records, but with an EMR system, your records are actually more secure than paper charts, as only authorized individuals may view your records. EXCELLENT HOURS AND CONVENIENCEWe offer excellent hours working around your busy schedule to deliver the very best cardiovascular care available. We see patients 6 days a week (Monday – Friday and Sunday) as early as 6:00 A.M. These patients- friendly hours allow our patients to come in when their schedule permits thus avoiding missed work and traffic. We are usually able to give our patients same day appointments. The emphasis in our practice is on quality. PROCEDURES PERFORMED IMMEDIATELY AFTER DIAGNOSIS IS CONFIRMEDAs soon as a diagnosis is confirmed, Dr. Ben-Zur is able to schedule procedure shortly thereafter. We want our patients to get the treatment they need in the shortest amount of time possible, so they get back to good cardiovascular health.Read more

Cardiovascular Institute
18200 Ventura Blvd
Tarzana, CA 91356 Get Directions

The Cardiovascular Institute of Greater Los Angeles, Heart Rhythm and Interventional Cardiology Center, is dedicated to offering a patient-centered approach to practicing medicine, providing world class, state-of-the-art heart care. While our patient waiting room is very nice, we don't want patients waiting. We want a patient to be seen once they arrive in the office. If you are given an appointment time that's the time you're seen. We don't believe in long waits in a waiting room and then an additional wait in an exam room. While this may surprise you, that's the way we practice medicine. We believe that our business should be geared towards patients needs.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Ben-Zur's Experience

See how Dr. Ben-Zur's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ben-Zur

Dr. Ben-Zur accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 4 hospitals where Dr. Ben-Zur has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Ben-Zur's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ben-Zur to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Ben-Zur
Dr. Ben-Zur's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (70)
in Westlake CA |
Dr Ben-Zur saved my life's and he is saving life everyday. I have been under his cardiac care for the last 12 years. He diagnosed me with mitral valve prolapse causing atrial arrhythmia. Subsequently, I underwent open heart surgery/MAZE procedure with him. Today, I feel great and I don't take any medications. I and the world love him.
in Calabasas, CA |
He is an amazing Doctor. He saved my life 12 years ago and had become my mentor in life. We will like we are family and wouldn't know what we would do with his loving care. He is there 24/7. No doctor has this dedication to his practice. We love him.
in Calabasas, CA |
We saw Dr. Ben-Zur in regards to my nephew's heart arrhythmias called SVT. He was extremely helpful in explaining his condition. He performed radiofrequency SVT ablation which saved us many, many ER visits. As far as I'm concerned, Dr. B saved my nephew's life. He's one of the best you could consult.
in west hills, CA |
It's been 5 years since Dr. Ben-Zur first diagnosed my daughter with chronic congestive heart failure. So much has happened since then and when people have asked me how we got through it, I have to give credit to Dr. Ben-Zur and his amazing staff. Even in the scariest moments, we find strength through Dr.Ben-Zur’s calm and competent approach. Sure enough, things improve and we carry on with even greater confidence. He is always so respectful, offering us as much time as we need to ask our seemin
in Los Angeles, CA |
He saved my life 6 years ago. I have been coming since then. All the staff is amazing. I always look forward to my monthly visit. Dr Ben-Zur is very dedicated. And also he took care of my husband Brooks and my 94 yr old mother is also under his amazing care.
in Encino, CA |
The most caring Dr I have ever met. Always available. 24/7. Always return your calls and helps with your concerns. Passionate physician with great bedside manners. Highly recommend him.
in Sn Fernando, CA |
Dr. Ben-Zur is kind and gentle and takes as much time as necessary to explain everything. The staff at the Cardiovascular Inst. have been excellent, always available to talk to if there's a concern and working hard to schedule us as necessary. I highly recommend him. I rave about him to everyone! 10/10
in Tarzana, CA |
Dr. Ben-Zur is a charming, charismatic, extraordinary, unique, compassionate and sincere at his duties, accurate at diagnosis, kindhearted towards his patients, jovial and finally a great doctor with a great teaching skills
in Los Angeles, CA |
Wonderful staff and an excellent doctor. He was always very supportive and understanding, and always made time to see or talk with us. Without his help, my wife would not be the healthy and successful person she is today. Our family is very grateful to Dr. B, and we think he is amazing!
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr. Ben-Zur is an exceptionally gifted doctor. He is knowledgeable, compassionate, and personable. He involves the whole family in discussing and deciding the right course of treatment. I cannot praise his skill and professionalism enough. He is one of the best, as is his amazing staff.
in Valley village |
Dr Ben-Zur is the best Cardiologist as well as fantastic diagnostician. His bedside manners and his care for the patients is great.
in Los Angeles, CA |
He is the greatest cardiologist in California. Extremely pleasant and knowledgeable.
in Winnetka |
Love this place. Truly can't say enough good things about how attentive Dr. Ben-Zur has been. He definitely put his patients first and has always been willing to give me all the time and attention needed to feel better. I recommend him constantly to friends and family.
in Calabasas |
What can I say? I've never met a more amazing doctor. He's not just my doctor, but he's also my friend. And it's not just me. Other people say the same thing. I feel like he really cares about me and tries very hard to help me get better. I can't say enough about him.
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
Great new facility, courteous staff, and excellent care. Dr. B really takes the time EVERY time to examine you, ask you what's going on, and personalize your care for that very moment, rather than making assumptions or going on autopilot as some doctors do. He's also excellent at educating without lecturing, which is great.
in North Hollywood |
Great new facility, courteous staff, and excellent care.
in Burbank, CA |
The best physician I have ever met. He saved my life.
in St. George. Utah |
Dr Ben-Zur is wonderful. He save my life if it hadn't been for him I don't think I'd be here today. We come all the way from Utah because I couldn't find a better doctor than Dr. Ben-Zur. I'm quite certain that I'd be hard pressed to find a more caring and informed Doc in Los Angeles. He put me through my paces with a stress test and he kept me smiling the whole time.
in Arleta |
The best thing ever happened to me to meet Dr Ben-Zur.
in Reseda |
HE'S THE BEST!!!HE HAS GIVEN ME REAL HOPE WHEN NO OTHER DR DID.HE STEPPED TO THE PLATE AND REALLY MADE ME FEEL THAT HE REALLY CARES.YOU JUST DON'T GET THAT THESE DAYS.HE LISTENS, COMMENTS AND CARES.HE TELLS YOU LIKE IT IS.HE SAID CHANGE YOUR LIFE OR YOU WILL DIE EARLY.I LISTENED BECAUSE OF THE WAY HE SAID IT.HE TOLD ME HE WOULD DO EVERYTHING HE COULD TO CHANGE THAT.HE STAYS UP ON ALL THE LATEST THINGS AND CHECKS IT ALL OUT.
in Calabasas |
Best doctor ever. He saved my life. Amazing clinic.
in Calabasas |
My name is Hadas. I am 60 years old and I have seen quite a few doctors in my life and there is no body as dedicated as Dr Ben-Zur. Dr. Ben-Zur has excellent bedside manner, great knowledge, and really cares about his patients. I was really impressed - he spent extra time answering my questions! It's such a rarity these days. I highly recommend Dr. Ben-Zur if you're looking for a great cardiologist.
in Winnetka |
Dr Ben-Zur is not only the most excellent Doctor that I seen, but also the most compassionate. His knowledge and understanding of all my Healy needs far exceeded my expectations. But this review is not about expectation or skill, it is a about Dr Ben-Zur being the doctor who has saved my life and one that has gained my trust above all others. Much love for him and his amazing staff.
in Sherman oaks |
I could literally write a book on all of the positive things about Dr. B. He is extremely intelligent, caring, compassionate, knowledgeable, understanding - if you are lucky enough to be his patient you are truly blessed. He is truly an exceptional doctor and human being. He is what every doctor should be and what I wish more doctors would be. He is beyond the best of the best and I am so grateful he is in Tarzana.
in Sherman oaks |
One of the kindest, smartest, and best physicians I have ever had the pleasure of meeting. His bedside manner is impeccable and he has taken care of me and my husband very well. We really enjoy going to him. All the other doctors we asked, said to go to him. When a physician is that highly recommended by his peers, then he is a very good doctor. He has lived up to our expectations and surpassed them. Best physician we ever had.
in Los Angeles, CA |
I can't say enough good things about The Cardiovascular Inst. In a world of drones, this place REALLY cares about your health and sincerely treats you as a person. The entire staff is so friendly and the service is speedy. My experience here was TOP NOTCH. This will further be my first choice in cardiac care if I ever require it again in the future.
in Tarzana |
Thank you for the outstanding care you provide each day to my wife Ruhama and me. Your expertise, professionalism and warmth embody everything that a physician should be. I am grateful for all you do. Mark and Ruhama Shpizear
in Encino |
Greatest experience with a physician. Dr. Ben Zur emphasizes a healthy living at the core of his practice. He is the most gentle and kind doctor one can hope for yet brutally honest when it comes to warning us about the consequences of our lifestyle choices. He is surrounded by an outstanding staff that truly cares about our wellbeing.
The Best Doctor Ever.
in Sherman Oaks, CA |
I have been treated by Dr. Ben-Zur for over twenty years..Without a doubt, Dr. Ben-Zur is the finest, most skillful and, frankly, amazing physician I have ever had. He treats the whole body with unsurpassed analytical and diagnostic skills. He is truly caring and always available. If needed, he will see you at virtually any day and time. His staff is always top notch.
in North Hollywood |
The best physician I have ever met. Best crew. Very professional staff. No awaiting. Always warm welcomed. I recommend to everyone.
in Tarzana, CA |
He changed my life. Best doctor ever. I had am massive heart attack. He brought me all the way back to great health.
in Chatsworth |
Uri Ben-Zur is far and away the best doctor I have ever met and nothing I can say really does justice to the man: he is extremely intelligent, a compassionate and caring person ,and a truly outstanding doctor. I count myself truly lucky to have found him.
in Encino |
I strongly feel that Dr. Ben-Zur is the great physician. He genuinely cares, he is professional and he makes an investment in the health and well being of his patients. That is as rare as hens’ teeth in today's world. Amazing cardiologist.
in Encino |
Dr. Ben-Zur’s custom is to treat the whole person, not just the symptom du jour. In my case he has treated high blood pressure, cholesterol, insomnia, burns, chronic pain and any number of transient issues. Over time that has led me to become healthy for the first time in years. I am fit, blood pressure is way down and I sleep well. I am blessed to have him as my Physician.
in Northri |
Dr. Ben-Zur is far and away the best doctor I have ever met and nothing I can say really does justice to the man: he is extremely intelligent, a compassionate and caring person ,and a truly outstanding doctor. I count myself truly lucky to have found him. Staff is amazing and very cooperative.
in Northridge |
in Tarzana |
“Dr. Ben-Zur is always available, he has personalized service and goes out of his way to “problem solve” using all of his contacts and knowledge to offer multiple solutions. I would highly recommend Dr. Ben-Zur to anyone! Amazing Staff. Love you all :))
in Canoga Park |
 I have had nothing but positive experiences with Dr. Ben-Zur and his office staff. The office is  brand new, clean, and they run on time.  Dr. Ben-Zur consistently answers all my questions before and after making my appointment.  Dr. Ben-Zur provides a safe, understanding, sympathetic, private practice, and always accompanies his diagnosis with standard western treatment suggestions in addition to lifestyle recommendations.  He is the first Doctor I have ever had that concentrated on wellness o
in Encino |
Friendly, courteous staff. Prompt. Minimal waiting time. Caring physician..
in New Castle, Indiana |
Dr. Ben-Zur is the best doctor I have ever been to...ever! The first time I saw him I was in the ER for erratic heartbeats to the point of fainting. He just happened to be on call. What a blessing that was! (This was in 1998.) I ended up having a few ablutions and a pacemaker. I'm now on my 2nd pacemaker. In 2018 I'll be ready for my 3rd. I live in Indiana now, but wish I could have Dr. Ben-Zur do my next one.
Have you seen Dr. Uri M. Ben-Zur, MD?
Are you Dr. Ben-Zur?

Atherosclerosis

Chest Pain

Cholesterol

Congestive Heart Failure

Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)

Heart Attack

Cardiovascular diseases/Internal medicine

Cardiac Catheterization/Coronary Intervention

Radiofrequency Ablation

Pacemaker/ICD therapy

Dr. Ben-Zur's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Cardiology
  •  Board certified in Cardiovascular Disease, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology, Internal Medicine and Interventional Cardiology

Dr. Ben-Zur has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ben-Zur's Board Certifications

• Cardiomyopathy, Familial Dilated
  • Cardiomyopathy, Hypertrophic
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Aortic Valve Disorders
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease

• Punjabi
  • Russian
  • Tagalog
  • Urdu

Dr. Ben-Zur does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ben-Zur and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Cardiology
  • Preventive Cardiology
  • Sports Cardiology

• Ablation for Treatment of Cardiac Arrhythmias
  • Automatic Implantable Cardioverter Defibrillator (ICD) Implantation
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Electrophysiological Study
  • Heart Surgery
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Pacemaker Insertion or Replacement