Dr. Uri M. Ahn, MD

Dr. Uri M. Ahn, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery | Male | 48 years old

I am an extremely conservative spine surgeon. Because our practice at NH Neurospine offers conservative treatments such as Physical Therapy and Epidural Steroid Injections, our philosophy of reserving surgery as a last resort has been extremely effective in successfully treating patients with Spine pathology for over 20 years. If surgery needs to be performed, our goal is maximizing success with an experienced surgeon, and compassionate PA's with a well coordinated team approach.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Ahn's Experience

See how Dr. Ahn's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Ahn

Dr. Ahn accepts 9 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Ahn has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Experience with Dr. Ahn
Dr. Ahn's Office & Staff
    10 – 15 minutes (56)
in Manchester, NH |
Excellent doctor/ surgeon ! Very compassionate , takes the time to explain the procedure he will be doing . He takes the time to answer all your questions. Highly recommended !!
in Derry, NH |
Dr. Ahn scheduled me immediately for an urgent surgery on one of his office days. He operated on me successfully with very good results. The whole experience could not have been better.
in Stratham, NH |
I was diagnosed with severe stenosis. I found it difficult to stand in line at the supermarket, walk the dog and even take a shower. A doctor friend recommended Dr. Uri Ahn. In August, 2016 I had the operation that resulted in a laminectomy and and fusion. I was in Catholic Medical Center for two nights. Immediately after the operation I felt no need to take ANY pain medication; not even ibuprofen. I followed Dr. Ahn's and physical therapy's instructions. Thank you Dr. Ahn!
in Londonderry, NH |
I met with Dr. Ahn for a herniated disk. After giving me my choices, I opted for the surgery. Using my MRI, Dr. Ahn explained the details of the surgery. Everything went well, and just as Dr. Ahn predicted. All of my questions were answered in a professional, and easy to understand, manner. I would recommend Dr. Ahn for any back surgery. I liked him very much. He is professional, polite and easy to talk to.
in Manchester, NH |
Dr Ahn has been my surgeon twice over the course of four years (my discs are degenerative) and has been a god-send. I would trust no one else with my spinal health at this point. He is professional yet personable and is truely patient-centered. My last surgery required a quick response and Dr Ahn and his staff were wonderful! I was able to go from my PCP to surgery in a month and a day- and thank goodness as my nerve damage was progressing quickly. I would HIGHLY recommend Dr Ahn!
in Windham, NH |
wonderful caring person. I would trust him with my life.
in Manchester, NH |
I have great respect and admiration for Dr. Uri Ahn, a highly skilled, compassionate, caring, and gentle physician. When I underwent a spinal fusion, I did not have any concerns about the prognosis because I had complete confidence in Dr. Ahn's ability to heal me. Dr. Ahn has an outstanding and caring manner that puts his patients at ease when dealing with very freightening situations. I felt at ease from my first consultation, through the surgery, post surgical care, and full recovery. My hero.
in Berlin, N>H> 03570 |
I received surgery two years ago on a bad surgery on my back. Dr. Ahn did a preliminary consult and said he thought he could fix it. It was a long and enduring surgery but he got it done. For the first time in 10 years I have no pain. Would highly recommend a second opinion from Dr. Ahn.
in Rindge<NH |
Dr. Ahn did my back surgery. I have no pain and have returned to all my daily functions. This is amazing considering I was at a point I could not walk. I would highly recommend Dr. Ahn and the Bedford office.
in Manchester, NH |
DR. Ahn was up front with me from the start,he gave me treatment options for my problem and gave me his honest and professional opinion.he didn't drag things out and got me well in a short amount of time.i highly recomend his services to anyone in need.
in Manchester, NH |
I found Dr. Ahn to be calm, professional & very competent. He has a relaxed personality, is a good listener, and has a ready smile. Dr. Ahn performed a complicated surgery on my back in July of 2016. This surgery consisted of a laminectomy, laminatomy & fusion of two vertebra. I am very satisfied with my pre-op workup & the actual surgery he performed and his post-op care. I am now experiencing virtually no leg nor back pain. Others I have spoken with hold Dr. Ahn in similar high regard.
in Sandown, NH |
I had the best outcome from my spine surgery with Dr. Ahn. Dr. Ahn and his complete staff are professional, extremely easy to talk to and always tell you exactly how it is.
in Dover, NH |
Dr. Uri Ahn in my opinion is the best orthopedic surgeon in the New England area. I suffered with back pain for more than thirty years. I have had years of Physical Therapy, shots and various treatments. My options were doing nothing or surgery. I chose the surgery and couldn't be happier. Dr. Ahn gave me my life back and I will always be eternally grateful.
in Goffstown, NH |
Dr. Ahn suggested alternatives to surgery. He didn't suggest surgery as the only alternative - it was the last thing he said we should do. He recommended trying shots first. So far the shot has worked. I've been pleased with his directness and thorough knowledge of my problem.
in Milford NH |
Office very effecient, on time and courteous. Dr Ahn took time necessary to explain my diagnosis and options open to me for treatment. He is gentile informative and open to discussion.
in Bedford, NH |
Friendly atmosphere @NH Nuerospine. Dr. Ahn is a highly qualified physician in my opinion. I had 2 vertebrae out of alignment with spinal stenosis. My left leg was constantly numb, but it hurt trying to sleep at night. This was in addition to the constant back ache. Now 3 1/2 months after surgery I am doing excellent. Off all pain meds for the last 6 weeks, and back to work for the last 5 weeks. I'm very satisfied. My wife had similar surgery by Dr. Ahn 6 years ago and is still doing great.
in Seabrook N |
Dr. Ahn is the only Doctor who offered the possibility of a Laminectomy. I had been taking Steroid injections for pain in both legs. the Injections stopped working. I took the opportunity of his recommendation for this surgery. The pain in my legs has ceased to exist. I am looking forward to PT to regain strength and go on pain free!
in Berlin, NH |
First he is in the health net for Veterans. On the first visit he saw how much pain I was in and immediately set up a date for surgery the next week. I was very happy that he took the time to explained every thing about the surgery and what was wrong with my back and leg. I was very satisfied and Dr. Ahn and his staff were very through and caring.
in Goffstown, NH 03045 |
Very professional, easy to understand, talks to & shows diagrams so people can understand. Great bedside manner & a good sense of humor. Makes you feel very comfortable. After many visits, not sure if I really wanted to go through with surgery, I became almost to the point where I couldn't walk. Dr. Ahn did my surgery May of 2016 & I now feel like a million bucks. No more back pain & I'm walking like I never had a problem. Thank Dr. Ahn & staff.
in Hooksett, NH |
Referred to Dr Ahn from my PCP when I loss mobility and use of my left arm with neck pain due to a pinched nerve. Surgery wasn't something I wanted to consider. Dr Ahn was very thorough in his evaluation of my issue and helped me explore other options, including Physical Therapy. Being an active person, Dr Ahn explained why I needed to be restricted in my activities to heal, so I would regain mobility and allow my body to return to full physical health. I am back to full use of my left arm.
in Merrimack, NH |
I was in such pain in my back and legs and finally my PCP recommended to see a specialist and I found Dr. Ahn. When I met him at his office he was the nicest and most kind doctor I have ever met he explained my back situation and I had surgery the following Wednesday (and my appointment was on Friday) he rearranged his schedule to perform my surgery and I cannot explain today 6 weeks later how wonderful I feel and pain free. I am so glad and thankful to Dr. Ahn for helping me get my life back.
in Londonderry, NH |
Dr. Ahn is an amazing surgeon in my opinion and experience. I went to Dr. Ahn after meeting with three other surgeons, Dr. Ahn was the most open and sincere about the procedure; I was in extreme lower back pain for over a year prior to going to Dr. Ahn. I was free of pain upon waking from the surgery. Dr. Ahn gave me my life back.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Ahn preformed a dissection of L5-S1 for me on 7/13/16. I met Dr. Ahn for consultation to discuss my current medical problem, I was diagnosed with a severe herniated disc at the L5-S1 and required surgery. At that time Dr. Ahn felt confident he could successfully relive the pain by removing the herniated disc to relive the pressure on the nerve causing me unbearable pain. The outcome was better than even Dr. Ahn expected, I was completely pain free immediately when I awoke from surgery.
in Hampton, NH |
I am 25 years old, and had a badly herniated disc, L5. Dr. Ahn Did great work on my spine. He was recommended to by Dr. Daniel Zipin after my nerve pain hit a really bad point. I spent 4 years in agonizing pain, and a full week of not being able to walk. I never thought I would ever need an operation, but it was breeze compared to the injury. I am grateful to have come across Dr. Ahn and his associates. I have a second chance to live a normal life again.
Manchester |
Very helpful an cares about you an your need's, also dose everything to help an keep you well taken care of, thank's for being so great.
in Manchster, NH |
Dr. Ahn is a genuine and caring doctor. Although I wanted surgery ASAP he made sure we went through all non surgical options first over about a year. When none of that helped it was time for me to have S1-L5 TLIF surgery. This goes to show he is not a cut first ask questions later surgeon. Dr. Ahn will kindly and calmly tell you what you need to hear and not necessarily what you want to hear. I have the utmost respect for him as a surgeon and human being.
in Goffstown, NH |
I went to Dr. Ahn with excruciating leg and back pain several months ago. He explained my MRI to me, and gave me the confidence to move forward with surgery. He was professional and compassionate. The surgery went really well and I would definitely recommend him!
in Manchester, NH |
I was admitted through the Emergency Room after falling. While immediate surgery was required, due to various complications with my medical health and preferences Dr. Ahn and I had to alter the plan. Surgery occurred three days later with serious complications. I know I put Dr. Ahn under a lot of stress. He did an outstanding job and my medical condition has improved tremendously since the surgery. Dr. Ahn is an outstanding surgeon. I trusted him with my life and would do so again.
Derry, NH |
I couldn't imagine a better experience having two ruptured discs operated on. Symptoms were gone post surgery and I was back to work in two weeks.
in Merrimack, NH |
Dr. Ahn performed my successful anterior cervical discectomy & fusion in March 2016. My quality of life went from miserable to fantastic. Dr Ahn was thorough & laser-focused. He took as much time as needed to answer all questions. He diligently looked at all symptoms & possible solutions. I waited too long to get medical attention & the surgery was more involved - Dr. Ahn stayed in the game & knocked it out of the park! I couldn't be more pleased! My heartfelt thanks to Dr Ahn & his team.
in Merrimack, NH |
I had spine surgery with Dr. Ahn in 2003. Here is 2016 and I have had not one problem with my back. He is a wonderful Dr. who has such great empathy for the patient. When I went to him in 2003 I was in a great deal of pain. I had 2 herniated discs and he scheduled surgery within 4 weeks. Prior to surgery my quality of life was going downhill fast. Since surgery I was able to start walking again and I have completed 9 Boston Marathon 26.2 Jimmy fund walks. Thanks DR. Ahn
in Nashua, NH |
I was in complete agony before my cervical surgical spine surgery. The level of pain I was in was completely unbearable. After viewing my MRI results Dr Ahn saw the amount of damage that was in my spine and quickly moved the office staff to put me in asap. Since my surgery in February my pain is completely gone. I have a few muscle cramps but I have made some dietary changes suggested by Dr. Ahn to hopefully have them go away as well. I am very overweight and was so afraid but he really helped!
in Manchester, NH |
I thought that Dr. Ahn is very professional. Went back to see him after six weeks of my surgery and he was very informative
in Bedford, NH |
Very professional, explained everything both good and bad about surgery. When I asked questions Doctor Ahn answered all of them without making me feel that I asked a dumb question. Surgery went perfect and follow up visits all questions answered. The email responce to questions that came up during recovery were answered within 24 hours. Over all I could not have asked for any better care.
in Candia, NH |
I have had two back operations by Dr. Ahn and have had no problems. I am very, very satisfied with his as a surgeon. My wife Carol also had back surgery by Dr. Ahn and feels the same way about him. We would both recommend Dr. Ahn as a great surgeon, with a very good staff.
in Manchester, NH |
My initial review of my condition with Dr. Ahn was very encoraging He was very thorough in explaining my problem and the procedure that could help me He was very friendly and confident
in Manchester, NH |
My experience was all positive. I had severe sciatica from calf to buttocks in my left leg for about six months which was ruining my quality of life. Dr. Ahn performed an L5-S1 spinal fusion on me which stopped the leg pain immediately after the surgery. Dr. Ahn, his Physician's Assistants, and his entire staff, were courteous and professional every time I saw them. My short term disability forms (from two companies) were submitted promptly. Thank You Dr. Ahn for giving me my life back!
in Atkinson,NH |
Was very abrupt:To the point - said he would fix my back and he did. No time for chic chat - Leg is 85% back to 100% Have no back pain - Still have pins and needles in foot after 3 months - said it could be up to a year to come back to normal - we will see - staff was very nice and professional.I was really expecting to be 100% by now -
Had fusion of c7 t1 dr. Ahn was business like and focused. 85% back from pre surgery
Have you seen Dr. Uri M. Ahn, MD?
Are you Dr. Ahn?

Compare Dr. Ahn

Dr. Ahn says...

I am a Korean American who was born in the United States, after my parents emigrated to the United States from Korea.  My parents lived through the Korean War, and came to America, for a better future for myself and my brother.  I am extremely proud to be an American and feel that we live in the best country on the planet.

I grew up in Illinois outside of Chicago, where my father practiced primary care medicine.  I went to public schools, and went to college in Baltimore Maryland at Johns Hopkins University.  There, I graduated in 3 years and spent a year doing research at the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health.  I was lucky to gain entrance to the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, and then trained at the Johns Hopkins Hospital Department of Orthopedic Surgery.  I stayed at Johns Hopkins to undergo my specialty training in Spine Surgery with one of the most prominent surgeons in the history of spine surgery, Dr. John Kostuik.

I met my wife, Kerri, while training in Baltimore.  She grew up in Marshfield Mass, and wanted to return to New England.  I joined Dr. Kleeman at NH Neurospine in 2000, and our practice included 3 doctors, including myself with less than 10 employees.  Since then we have grown to an organization of 11 physicians and over 40 employees.

I enjoy taking care of patients, and my success in pain resolution and function restoration as a surgeon has brought me joy in my career.

Dr. Ahn's Care Philosophy

I am an extremely conservative spine surgeon.  Because our practice at NH Neurospine offers conservative treatments such as Physical Therapy and Epidural Steroid Injections, our philosophy of reserving surgery as a last resort has been extremely effective in successfully treating patients with Spine pathology for over 20 years.  If surgery needs to be performed, our goal is maximizing success with an experienced surgeon, and compassionate PA's with a well coordinated team approach.

Dr. Ahn says...

Ever since my training at Johns Hopkins 17 years ago, my focus as a fellowship trained Orthopedic Spine Surgeon has been disorders of the adult Lumbar and Cervical Spine.  My vast experience with herniated discs and spinal stenosis has led to the successful treatment of a large number of patients in the Southern NH area.  My experience with work related spine injuries has also led to a high success rate of function restoration.  I am the Chief of Orthopedic Surgery at the Catholic Medical Center, and take pride in taking leadership positions within our medical faculty.

Dr. Ahn says...

My experience with spinal decompression and fusions of the cervical and lumbar spine is vast.  I have been at NH Neurospine since my specialty training at Johns Hopkins in Spine Surgery.

Dr. Ahn's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  •  Board certified in Orthopedic Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in New Hampshire not available

Dr. Ahn has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Hampshire.

Why It Matters: Dr. Ahn's Board Certifications

• Broken Neck
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Strain (incl. Whiplash Injury)
  • Pathological Spine Fracture

Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine

Graduated in 1994

Completed in 1995

Completed in 1999

Completed in 2000

Johns Hopkins University

Graduated in 1989

Dr. Ahn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ahn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Reconstructive Surgery
  • Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair