Dr. Uri Ahn, MD

Dr. Uri Ahn, MD

Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery  ·
Dr. Uri Ahn, MD is a minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery specialist in Bedford, NH and has been practicing for 18 years. He graduated from Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine in 1994 and specializes in minimally invasive orthopedic spine surgery, orthopedic spine surgery, and more.Read his story

4 Hawthorne Dr Ste 3000

Bedford, NH 03110

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
  • Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
  • Tufts Health Plan

Learn about Dr. Ahn

See how frequently Dr. Ahn performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Chronic Neck Pain
Herniated Disc
Intervertebral Disc Disease
high

Dr. Ahn's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Ahn's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Ahn "I am a Korean American who was born in the United States, after my parents emigrated to the United States from Korea. My parents lived through the Korean War, and came to America, for a better future for myself and my brother. I am extremely proud to be an American and feel that we live in the best country on the planet. I grew up in Illinois outside of Chicago, where my father practiced primary care medicine. I went to public schools, and went to college in Baltimore Maryland at Johns Hopkins University. There, I graduated in 3 years and spent a year doing research at the Johns Hopkins School of Public Health. I was lucky to gain entrance to the Johns Hopkins School of Medicine, and then trained at the Johns Hopkins Hospital Department of Orthopedic Surgery. I stayed at Johns Hopkins to undergo my specialty training in Spine Surgery with one of the most prominent surgeons in the history of spine surgery, Dr. John Kostuik. I met my wife, Kerri, while training in Baltimore. She grew up in Marshfield Mass, and wanted to return to New England. I joined Dr. Kleeman at NH Neurospine in 2000, and our practice included 3 doctors, including myself with less than 10 employees. Since then we have grown to an organization of 11 physicians and over 40 employees. I enjoy taking care of patients, and my success in pain resolution and function restoration as a surgeon has brought me joy in my career. "

This content was provided by Dr. Ahn "I am an extremely conservative spine surgeon.  Because our practice at NH Neurospine offers conservative treatments such as Physical Therapy and Epidural Steroid Injections, our philosophy of reserving surgery as a last resort has been extremely effective in successfully treating patients with Spine pathology for over 20 years.  If surgery needs to be performed, our goal is maximizing success with an experienced surgeon, and compassionate PA's with a well coordinated team approach."

• Minimally Invasive Orthopedic Spine Surgery

• Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Pathological Spine Fracture
  • Spinal Muscular Atrophy (SMA)
  • Spondylosis
  • Systemic Sclerosis

• Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Kyphoplasty, Percutaneous
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Neuroplasty
  • Spinal Compression Fracture Repair
  • Spinal Fusion
  • Spinal Reconstructive Surgery for Deformities

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for New Hampshire.

• Johns Hopkins University
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • Johns Hopkins University School Of Medicine
    Medical School | Graduated 1994
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1995
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2000

Dr. Ahn has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Ahn does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Ahn and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Ahn's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Ahn to family and friends

Dr. Ahn's Performance

Dr Ahn is the most professional surgeons there is he tells you the facts and backs it up in his surgery's he makes quality of life !!
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
On Dec. 27, 2017 I had spinal surgery done by Dr. Uri Ahn. From the beginning I liked Dr. Ahn. My pre-op consultation showed Dr. Ahn to be kind , gave time to me to explain the surgery, and was very knowledgeable. Post-op he was the same, a good kind man. Results of the surgery were fantastic....more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Best doctor ever. I had an extremely painful herniated disk in my neck and could barely move my arm. I had a surgery with another surgeon in town and felt worse. Dr. Ahn was recommended to fix me. He calmly looked over my case, and spent all the time he needed to with me to answer my questions...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr. Ahu has been great through my whole spinal surgery process. I am grateful for the in-depth knowledge that he has and yet explains details of the process for me to understand what has been happening to my spine, therefore I can make a decision of what the next step would be. I went into surgery...more
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option0thumbs down icon option0
Dr Ahn's straight forward understandable information and compassion for my fear of surgery helped calm my nerves over this procedure. Excellent surgery and follow-up care. I would recommend Dr. Ahn to anyone needing spinal surgery.
Was this helpful? thumbs up icon option1thumbs down icon option0