Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD

Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD

Orthopedic SurgeryMale

Orthopedic Surgery

Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD is a Orthopedic Surgery Specialist in West Hills, CA. He is affiliated with medical facilities Los Robles Regional Medical Center and West Hills Hospital & Medical Center, winners of the Orthopedic Surgery Excellence Award. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

ARC Orthopedic Group

Jerome I Dickman Incorporated7230 Medical Center Dr Ste 604 West Hills, CA 91307

Hospital Highlight

Dr. Bhagia is affiliated with Los Robles Regional Medical Center Thousand Oaks, a highly rated and top awarded hospital for orthopedic surgery.

• Practices at Top Hospital America’s 100 Best Hospitals for Joint Replacement Award™ See hospitals

Dr. Bhagia's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bhagia

4.3

4.761904761904762%

Dr. Bhagia

I brought my mother in as a new patient the Wednesday before Christmas. They requested her insurance cards and license but never returned them. We called numerous times over the next three weeks and asked them to be mailed. FinalIy, I called and asked for the office manager to call me as she wasn't in. To this day (Jan . 20th) we have never received a call or the license and insurance cards. Even though we were told two different dates that they were mailed. As far as Dr. Bhagia, goes he came in after a 45 minute wait during which no one came to tell us what was going on. I managed a doctor's office for a number of years and I get that doctors run late but let the patient know what is going on! Once he arrived he was pleasant and helpful.
JP – Jan 21, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
Dr Bhagia is clear with his diagnosis and options for treatment. I have seen him for nearly 10 years. I have knee caps with bone spurs and little cartilage. I have chosen to strengthen my muscles and eat a healthy diet (little to no sugar or processed food). I now have no pain as I did when I started with Dr Bhagia. He will do knee replacement surgery should I again experience debilitating knee pain. He listens and explains
Cassy Stein – Nov 04, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr Bhagia’s since 2012. He’s done a knee reconstruction, knee replacement, replaced both hips. Couldn’t ask for a more patient and caring doctor. I’ve referred many friends to him with confidence and they all agree with me!
Kerri Benenson-Norris – Oct 05, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
I am writing this review on behalf of my father. Dr. Bhagia did a total knee replacement on him in May of this year. After two weeks my dad was able to drive and after 2 months he didn't even feel like he had a surgery. Dr. Bhagia is truly a magician! He is kind, detail oriented, and an excellent surgeon. We are so grateful!
Oct 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
Dr. Bhagia did my hip replacement.... what an incredible surgeon. Did an amazing job and i healed in 4 weeks and back to work....compassionate, understanding and takes time with you....his staff is top notch and caring...I'd give them all 10 stars.... Barbara Savin
Barbara savin – Jun 27, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
Dr Bhagia did my right knee replacement couldn’t have asked for a better doctor Now to do the left one And his staff is the best in the world !!??
Lana – Mar 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
Dr. Bhagia performed a bilateral knee replacement surgery on me in August of 2017. I had been in horrible pain for over 2 years. As far as I am concerned, Dr. Bhagia and his staff are 2nd to none. There were absolutely no complications and I was back to teaching Zumba by the end of November 2017. Arc Orthopedic Group highly professional and simply wonderful. I can't sing their praises enough.
Jan 08, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
I was very hopeful going into my appointment with Dr. Bhagia after having a very positive initial experience with his staff with setting up my appointment, instructions and reminders. I was told to arrive early to complete new patient paperwork, which I did. Then I proceeded to wait over 1 1/2 hours to see to see the doctor. Finally, I was able to see Dr. Bhagia, and he was nice enough, but I felt like he didn’t explain the surgical procedure and the follow up protocols. I felt I like I had to pull the information out of him. It seemed like he and his staff were more concerned with selling me a surgery experience at the Thousand Oaks Surgery Center because it was a stay at the “Four Seasons” of surgery. After my appointment, the doctor ensured me that his scheduler would call me within the week to schedule my surgery and we would get the ball rolling. Well... one month later still waiting for a phone call! I would give a 0 star review if I could.
Nov 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
I had both hips replaced by Dr.Baghia . couldn't ask for a better.doctor.never had a problem didn't take any pain medication at all.could walk the same day.he is the best.staff was great.
Debbie in Burbank, CA – Dec 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
To say that I am satisfied with the result of my total hip replacement is a gross understatement. Dr. Bhagia was my second surgical opinion, and now my forever first choice. Dr. Bhagia is endowed with God’s gift of healing hands and heart. The level of competency, professionalism and compassion extend from the front office, to X-rays, Dr. Bhagia, pre-op coordination, and everyone along the way. On a pain scale of 1 to 10, I am at a ZERO! Thank you, Dr. Bhagia! Thank you, ARC staff!
LYDIA B in Thousand Oaks, CA – Jul 29, 2018
Fantastic Office Staff
Samwise in Woodland Hills – Apr 26, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
VERY SMART DR. HE KNOWS WHAT HES TALKING ABOUT ALL THE TIME . REALLY LIKE HIM ALOT.
Mar 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
Dr Bhagia has what I feel to be one serious drawback on using him for my hip replacement, his staff is awful. I have not had any follow thru on appointments nor scheduling from his staff. Rosie in particular does not return phone calls and when she did, she had an attitude. I will be seeking another surgeon.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Appointment was rushed
Mar 10, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
I must say this is the best medical office I have ever been treated at. Dr Bhagia is knowledgeable kind compassionate and thorough. His staff is efficient and keeps everyone happy which is amazing on its own. I'm so lucky to be here! I've been thru some real nightmares Dr B runs a mighty fine ship, proud happy patient here. You will be too if you need his services.
Sharlene Drake in Chatsworth , CA – Aug 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
I was very apprehensive, but I was so miserable, we decided having both knees done at the same time was my only choice. I am writing this at not yet three weeks post surgery and I only use a cane, can walk a full flight of stairs, can straighten my legs, can bend them beyond 90 degrees with little effort, and I am not on pain medication. Dr. Bhagia must have a special gift when it comes to his talent as a surgeon. He is clear, no surprises, he is kind, and YOU ARE IN GREAT HANDS with Dr. Bhagia.
Pauline C. in West Hills, CA – Jun 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
I first saw the physician assistant who never examined my hip or even touched me for any kind of evaluation...then the doc came in and I said my story again, again I was never examined, and based on my X-ray and a scan that was done in July, that all I can do is deal with things through pain management and cortisone shots until enough cartilage is gone until I can get a hip replacement (I'm only in my 30s). I felt like neither one listened to me or cared!!! Going for a second opinion for sure!
  • Appointment was rushed
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Canoga Park, CA – Apr 01, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
Dr. Bhagia is unique among surgeons. He is a doctor who will spend time with you-get to know you and listen to your concerns. His manner is calm and reassuring which helps a person ( me) to have faith in his judgement concerning a medical challenge. I'm about to have hip replacement surgery and Im looking forward to a complete recovery. He also gives me Hyalgin knee shots and is very good at injecting them with a minimal amount of discomfort. if you need an orthopedic surgeon try him! :-)
Bobbie Fuhlage in Simi Valley, CA – Feb 24, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
This orthopedic surgeon did surgery on my brother's broken leg last week and I was very impressed in visiting his office for a follow-up appointment yesterday. The office staff all provided superior customer service, all very helpful and positive in their energy. Upon meeting Dr. Bhagia, I was even more convinced that my brother was in good hands. Dr. Bhagia was extremely knowledgeable in his craft but also very passionate about his field of medicine and how it could help my brother.
Pete Senoff in Encino, CA – Feb 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
Dr Bhagia is one of the BEST DRS I have ever gone to. He is an amazing sugeon, very patient and answers all of your questions. I had a total knee replacement I would not go to anyone else. His staff is also very nice and helpful which is so hard to find in today's world. I HIGHLY RECOMMEND DR BHAGIA AND HIS STAFF!!!
Susan Hirsch in Northridge, ca – Aug 23, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?
On Sept. 4th 2011 Dr Bhagia performed total hip replacement. Now five years later I suffer from iliopsoas impingement and Dr Bhagia tells me to stretch and take IBP. Most orthopedic specialists know this approach does not work ever.....The approach is to go in a relieve the iliopoas ligament, if Dr Bhagia was up on his specialty he would realize this but he made no mention of this procedure and I continue to be in pain. I'm searching for another orthopedic Dr. up to date on his specialty.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Didn't listen or answer questions
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Brad K in Thousand Oaks, CA – Feb 27, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Umesh Bhagia, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bhagia?