Dr. Umang Khetarpal, MD

Dr. Umang Khetarpal, MD

Ear, Nose, and Throat | Male

Southwest ENT Institute 844 Central Blvd Ste 280, Brownsville, TX 78520 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Founded on a vision of excellence, we are deeply interested and committed to your welfare. Our approach is interactive and thoughtful. Each patient responds to a different style. Some come with pre-conceived ideas of what they would want from the visit whereas others are just looking for a solution to their problems or even a quick fix. While I try to keep my approach flexible, I also believe that information must be shared so that the encounter is meaningful for both of us. Sometimes during my exam, I may find other problems such as sleep apnea, or imbalance or a swelling in the neck or allergies, different from what you came in to see me. In keeping with our comprehensive approach to your ENT health I may recommend treatment or tests for those as well. Our goal is to attempt to give you the highest quality care we can by incorporating ideas of old and new as well as the latest technologies. Being a physician-surgeon is a privilege one that I treasure.Read more

Dr. Khetarpal's Experience

98Experience
Match

See how Dr. Khetarpal's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Khetarpal

Dr. Khetarpal accepts 12 insurance carriers

12 Insurance Carriers Accepted*

*Please verify this information when scheduling an appointment

/* /.overlay-container */}

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Khetarpal has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Reviewing Dr. Khetarpal

Dr. Khetarpal's Review Details
3.7 based on 12 responses
Experience with Dr. Khetarpal
Dr. Khetarpal's Office & Staff
    16 – 30 minutes (11)
Dr. Umang Khetarpal, MD says

I thank all my patients for posting surveys about us.I always strive to provide 5 star service to our patients in terms of caring and understanding, technical skill and knowledge, compassion as well as a discussion about their condition. In so many years of my practice, I have never not given the best to my patients. Achieving the outcomes that you desire requires both of us to cooperate fully with each other.

Have you seen Dr. Umang Khetarpal, MD?

Compare Dr. Khetarpal

Why It Matters: Dr. Khetarpal's Board Certifications

• Otolaryngology
  • Sleep Medicine

Dr. Khetarpal says..

I am doubly Board certified in ENT-facial plastic surgery and in Sleep medicine. In Boston and New York I trained with some of the very best physicians and surgeons. And over the years I have tried to emulate them. In keeping with the idea of excellence, over the past 15 years I have developed significant expertise in complex sinus surgery and more recently in office balloon sinuplasty and comprehensive sinus surgery. I am amongst the first few surgeons in the US that has used image guidance and comprehensive sinus surgery with balloon sinuplasty in the office. Some of this work has been submitted papers for publication

I have additional expertise in treating allergies, sleep apnea and snoring surgery, ear disorders and vertigo as well as voice disorders and thyroid tumors. In addition, I enjoy performing rhinoplasty and blepharoplasty.

Having trained in New York and Boston I try to utilize a very scientific and academic approach to the practice of medicine

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Acoustic Neuroma
  • Earwax Buildup
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Cancer
  • Facial Fracture
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Laryngeal Cancer
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Sleep Disorders
  • Smell and Taste Disorders
  • Snoring
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Nodule
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp

Dr. Khetarpal says..

Over the years I have developed significant expertise in ballon sinuplasty, office sinus surgery, sleep apnea surgery and rhinoplasty, facelift, blepharoplasty as well as ear surgery and thyroid surgery.

Please visit www.SinusSnoringMD.com or www.entplasticmd.com for further information about my  practice

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Ablation or Excision of Nasal Turbinates
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Balloon Sinuplasty
  • Ear Tube Placement
  • EMG (Electromyography)
  • Endoscopic Sinus Surgery
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Excision of Parotid, Sublingual, or Submandibular Gland
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Laryngoscopy and Laryngotomy
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Minimally Invasive Parathyrodectomy
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nasal Surgery
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Parathyroidectomy
  • Primary Cosmetic Rhinoplasty
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Surgical Procedures

Completed in 1989

St Columba's School

Graduated in 1979

• Other Education
    Published and Presented More Than 20 Papers and More Recently Mostly On Sinus and Allergy Problems and Balloon Sinuplasty

• Best Doctors List, 2007-2008
    • President's Gold Medal, 1983
    • Best Outgoing Medical Student, 1983
    • More than 20 publications, abstracts and book chapters

• Hindi
  • Punjabi

Dr. Khetarpal does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Khetarpal and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Khetarpal's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in Ear, Nose, and Throat
  • Board certified in Otolaryngology and Sleep Medicine
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Khetarpal

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Khetarpal's Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)
31 – 45 minutes

Experience with Dr. Khetarpal

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Khetarpal's Care Philosophy

Founded on a vision of excellence, we are deeply interested and committed to your welfare. Our approach is interactive and thoughtful. Each patient responds to a different style. Some come with pre-conceived ideas of what they would want from the visit whereas others are just looking for a solution to their problems or even a quick fix. While I try to keep my approach flexible, I also believe that information must be shared so that the encounter is meaningful for both of us. Sometimes during my exam, I may find other problems such as sleep apnea, or imbalance or a swelling in the neck or allergies, different from what you came in to see me. In keeping with our comprehensive approach to your ENT health I may recommend treatment or tests for those as well. Our goal is to attempt to give you the highest quality care we can by incorporating ideas of old and new as well as the latest technologies. Being a physician-surgeon is a privilege one that I treasure.