Dr. Uma Gavani, MD

PediatricsFemaleAge 74

Pediatrics

Dr. Uma Gavani, MD is a Pediatrics Specialist in Palos Heights, IL and has over 51 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University of Health Sciences / Guntur Medical College in 1972. Her office accepts new patients.

Dr. Uma Gavani, MD

Spiritus Dei Eye Surgery Cente

7600 W College Dr Palos Heights, IL 60463

No malpractice claims found for Illinois

Check if Dr. Gavani treats your condition or procedure

• Allergy Treatment
  • Angioedema
  • Animal Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Atopic Dermatitis (Eczema)
  • Blood Allergy Testing
  • Bronchitis
  • Bronchospasm
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Drug Allergy Testing
  • Radioallergosorbent Test
  • Sinusitis
  • Skin Testing and Screening

Dr. Gavani accepts

Dr. Gavani accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
Preferred PPO

Dr. Gavani's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Gavani

2.8

Terrible doctor. Mean, dismissive.
My experience with Gavani was a nightmare. She challenged my every symptom, talked down to me, and made me feel small. Seeing her delayed me actually getting the help I needed for my very real health issues. She is hands down the worst doctor I've ever been to and, 3 yrs later, I'm still traumatized by how she treated me. Have a much better doctor now who took me seriously and got me a diagnosis. Don't waste your time with Gavani. She's just mean, nasty, and completely full of herself. I don't have a single nice thing to say about her.
Oct 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Gavani, MD?
She is the rudest most careless doctor I ever dealt with. Do not go to her. I don’t even care if she is good or not. There are other doctors out there that aren’t e good and kind. The tests showed that my 11 month was allergic to lots of things slightly and recommended she recommended that I take her off everything and start over with food. I did because she reportedly is a good doctor and I was desperate because my daughter had really bad eczema and was crying all the time . Looking back I see how messed up that is. The second time we saw this doctor she forgot that she told me to take her off all the foods. She is so demeaning. Made me feel like a Bad mom and bad person. I also saw her when I was a child and didn’t like her. I felt she was mean back then. But I brought my daughter back there because an Advocate pediatrician told me she is the best. Please don’t go to her. Seven years later I still cringe and I am coming back to write a review about her.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Feb 20, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Gavani, MD?
My 5 year old daughter suffered from major allergies to the point of she would have a runny nose for 10 months straight and sounded like dark Vader until we went here. She got my daughter on the correct medication she is caring towards my daughter. We never wait more the 5 minutes. I can't thank her enough for helping my daughter. We love her and will continue to go to her. I would recommend her to everybody
May 09, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Gavani, MD?
Dr Gavani knows her stuff. She was able to eliminate both allergies and asthma as the cause of my illness. And in my case she did so with a physical exam and asking a bunch of questions. She even told me not to get the expensive skin test as she felt it unnecessary. And the office was quick to work in adjusting a billing snafu. I highly recommend.
Apr 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Gavani, MD?
Terrible experience. She was very rude and seemed annoyed by my presence. I came to her for a 2nd opinion and she basically dismissed anything that I presented to her. She said she was trying to have an open conversation about my symptoms, and in the next sentence she basically told me it was all in my head and there's no way my symptoms are caused by allergies. It's ok to not agree with me, but her approach was very cold and she did not want to help me.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
Evergreen Park – Aug 01, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Gavani, MD?
She was wonderful. Very personable and provided with me a lot of information. We had a great experience!
Palos heights il – Jan 02, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Gavani, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Gavani?