Dr. Uma Devi, MD

Dr. Devi
Telehealth services available

Alliance Mental Health Inc

915 Russell Ave Ste A Gaithersburg, MD 20879

Dr. Uma Devi, MD is a Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialist in Gaithersburg, MD. She is accepting new patients and has indicated that she accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Devi to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Child & Adolescent Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Easy Scheduling
    Patients said scheduling was easy. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check Dr. Devi's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Devi's conditions and procedures:

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adjustment Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Conduct Disorder
  • Cyclothymia (Chronic Mood Disorder)
  • Dysthymia (Chronic Depression)
  • Dysthymia and Cyclothymia (Mood Disorders)
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Impulse Control Disorders
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Personality Disorders
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Psychosis Due to Mental Illness
  • Psychotherapy and Psychophysiological Therapy (incl. Biofeedback)

Dr. Devi accepts

Dr. Devi accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Devi

3.5

Dr. Devi?
  • Wait times (16)
  • Appointment scheduling (14)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (14)
  • Didn't listen or answer questions (6)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (5)
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions (5)
Dr. Devi has been medicating me for my anxitey now for 3 years. She usually spends about 15-20 min. each appt. with me. She has always been fine around me, not sure why others are negative saying she doesn't smile or is rude. I'm very pleased with her as my Psych.
Candi, Laytonsville – Aug 17, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Devi, MD?
She prescribed a medication for me that ended up causing some serious anxiety issues. When I brought it up to her at the next session, she flat out denied that the medication had any side effects, then prescribed me an anti-anxiety medication to take with the medication that caused the issue. I've stopped taking both medications because they did more harm than good and I've been taking a different medication that I've taken for years without any major issues. When I told her that I didn't want to take that first medication anymore she kept trying to talk me out of quitting despite me telling her about several occasions when none of the effects that the medication had had on me had been what was originally intended.
  • Staff wasn't friendly
  • Didn't trust the provider's decisions
Jul 01, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Devi, MD?
I have been going to see Dr. Devi for almost a decade now to manage my bipolar disorder, schizoaffective disorder, and anxiety. She and her staff are not only knowledgeable and effective in their jobs, they are accommodating and caring to a fault. Sonny and Dr. Devi have always made sure that no matter what my personal situation was, that my continuity of care was top priority. When my condition changed, Dr. Devi worked with me to get the right meds. I can't recommend her enough.
Julie in Gaithersburg – Dec 20, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Devi, MD?
I cannot understand some of these negative reviews. Dr. Devi has been helpful, caring, and accommodating. She listens to my problems, and yes, sometimes she is harsh, but for my own good. She helps me see my self-destructive patterns. She took me as an adult patient because no one else would under my financial situation. Sonny is the nicest and best front office person I have ever met and a huge asset to her office. The lady who works with Sonny is cold and ditsy with patients.
Gaithersburg, MD – Dec 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Devi, MD?
It's interesting to read reviews. Some describe Dr. Devi as rude and/or uninterested. IMO, counseling is not one sided. In other words, the mind frame or mental state of the patient could view the session poorly, but could it be that the patient isn't giving the relationship a chance. Doctors need to analyze before they can devise a treatment plan. I find Dr. Devi to be caring even if not obvious at first. She doesn't smile, that's her, but she has helped me and I've seen her for several years.
Rockville, MD – Nov 29, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Devi, MD?
I saw Dr. Devi for a while about 9 years ago or so. To this day, she is the worst mental health professional I have ever had. She was not welcoming and didn't seem to actually care about my problems. More often than not, I left my sessions with her in tears. I also once confessed something to her, only after receiving her reassurance that she could not and would not tell my mother... 5 minutes later when my mother joined us, Dr. Devi immediately shared what I had said. No respect for her clients
Silver Spring – Nov 09, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Devi, MD?
I made an appointment in the middle of a nervous breakdown, memory was not working right, & the place I wrote down the name of the doctor and the time was unreachable. I googled for hours to try and cancel since I got one sooner. I couldnt figure it out who it was I had made an appointment with. I eventually get a call saying I was supposed to tell them more in advance and tell the person at the desk what happened and he interrupts me saying "I think its about being responsible" & hung up rudely
Germantown, MD – Jun 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Devi, MD?
Dr Devi has always been kind and thoughtful. She's helped me with my anxiety. She's very flexible with time and billing. She's very dedicated to her patients. Other patients seem to like her a lot, too. She can be firm, but it's either in her patients' best interest or she's not willing to let someone take advantage.
Collin in Germantown, MD – Mar 05, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Devi, MD?
Dr. Devi has been instrumental in helping my daughter overcome many obstacles. Her appointment availability on Saturday morning is very convenient if we cannot make a weekday appointment due to school. Sonny is very helpful and kind.
AP in Gaithersburg, MD – Sep 26, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Devi, MD?
I didn't feel at all comfortable talking to her. She was rude, and really harsh and didn't smile even once. Didn't feel welcome there.
Kia in Washington, DC – Sep 17, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Devi, MD?
She was late. She was condescending and was rude. She was too direct. She was insensitive. She didn't show any compassion. I felt like a specimen being deeply analyzed. She is terrible.
Kate P in Sykesville, MD – Apr 24, 2016
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uma Devi, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Devi?

• Child & Adolescent Psychiatry