Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD

PsychiatryFemaleAge 40

Psychiatry

Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD is a Psychiatry Specialist in Norwood, MA. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD

Suburban Psychiatric Specialists, Norwood, MA

1500 Boston Providence Tpke Norwood, MA 02062 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Psychiatry Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Fawad's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Alcohol Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Alcohol or Substance Misuse Screening and Counseling
  • Binge Eating Disorder
  • Bipolar Disorder
  • Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT)
  • Cognitive Function Testing
  • Delusional Disorder
  • Dementia or Depression Screening
  • Emotional Disturbances of Childhood and Adolescence
  • Gender Dysphoria
  • Major Depressive Disorder
  • Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder (OCD)
  • Phobia
  • Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD)
  • Postpartum Depression
  • Psychiatric Diseases
  • Psychiatric Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluation
  • Psychological Evaluations Prior to Bariatric Surgery
  • Psychosis
  • Somatoform Disorders

Dr. Fawad accepts

Dr. Fawad accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Louisiana

Dr. Fawad's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Fawad

87.75510204081633%

Dr. Fawad

I have been seeing Dr. Fawad for 5 years and I have always had a great fondness for her. She is not only knowledgeable, she listens and is very understanding and empathetic. She has been able to help me manage my depression/anxiety for years and I would recommend her highly to anyone!
Debbie – Sep 29, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Fawad. She is very attentive and a great listener. She is very knowledgeable and aways gives great advice. She has been a tremendous help to our family.
Sep 20, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
Dr. Fawad is caring and competent. I was already on an even keel again after episodes of depression and hypomania when my previous psychiatrist retired, but my medication is complex and Dr Fawad manages it well. She is easy to talk to.
SES – Sep 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
Dr. Fawad is kind, caring, and very competent. Dr. Fawad has managed my medication for many years now, and works diligently with me to help reduce doses per my request. She is easy to talk to, extremely understanding, and goes out of her way to help her patients. Dr. Fawad has made accommodations for my busy schedule on several occasions, including during a holiday. It is obvious that Dr. Fawad genuinely cares about her patients. With the help of Dr. Fawad, I was able to turn my life around and proceed onto law school!
Sep 03, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
5 stars for a 5 star person. I have been seeing Dr. Fawad for what feels like a life time. It’s really has only been about three years but boy has this woman helped me. I had a hard time connecting with doctors and feeling heard or validated. Dr. Fawad LISTENS to you!!!!! Before treating you!!!!!! I was being treated by so many other doctors who never actually listened to what was wrong. I was wrongly diagnosed a number of times and it was a mess to say the least. Finally I found dr Fawad. She changed my life. Not only is she a lovely human but you can tell she loves what she does. She is beyond professional but you still feel that personal connection with her which makes talking about mental health a lot easier. She is extremely intelligent and overall just made for her profession.
Andrea – Sep 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
Absolutely amazing!! I have been seeing Dr. Fawad for years now and she has helped me tremendously. She takes the time to listen to my concerns, provides her professional opinion, but also allows me to feel comfortable with making choices that feel right for me.
Alexandra Ahearn – Aug 26, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Fawad for four years. For over a year I have had Zoom virtual appointments. She is usually on time whether in the office or virtual. She is always happy to see me and asks questions to evaluate how I am doing. She is very compassionate person. Dr. Fawad monitors me as a person and my meds, I feel very safe with her.
Aug 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
I cannot say enough good things about Dr. Fawad. She has been treating me for almost 4 years now. Right from the start Dr. Fawad spent time talking to me about my diagnosis and the recommended treatment. I know I am in it for the long haul and with Dr. Fawad by my side I know that things will be okay. She is kind and patient. And she doesn't just prescribe medicine; she takes the time to talk to me and ask me how I am and truly listens. She pushes me to give real answers (which sometimes can be tough) but that's the only way for her to know how to help me. I would highly recommend her!
Aug 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
Dr. Fawad has been my psychiatrist for nearly two years and has always been prompt with any issues, direct with treatment options, and willing to work with my needs without being judgemental. The telemedicine appointments are incredibly convenient and are brief enough that I can easily slot them into my busy schedule. Dr Fawad's demeanor is calm, approachable, and friendly without being casual. Any questions I have had with medication, including mechanism of action, have been answered as thoroughly and complete as possible, which I have always appreciated.
Jay – Aug 16, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
Dr. Fawad is one of the best doctors I’ve had. She was able to get me onto the medication that worked best for me and was patient while waiting for the results. She never lets me leave with any questions. I would recommend her to anyone who asks for help!
Aug 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
I’ve been with Dr. Fawad for four years now and it has been a fantastic experience. I always feel listened to. Treatments are thoroughly explained and she is always prompt with a response to questions.
Jul 27, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
Dr. Fawad is kind, compassionate and really listens to what your feeling. She is very easy to talk to unlike some others. She is wise and gentle. I feel confident in her treatment plan of me and would really not want to go anywhere else. I have been seeing her for a while now and feel much better. She is consistent and well educated. Her knowledge is inspiring. As a person she is very genuine. I highly recommend this doctor.
Marie – Jul 23, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
Dr. Fawad is a thoughtful, caring and compassionate medical professional who I highly recommend! I started seeing Dr. Fawad a few years ago shortly after being diagnosed with significant Postpartum Depression and Anxiety. During every visit Dr. Fawad takes the time to listen carefully to how I'm doing and to answer any questions that I may have. She is always so thoughtful and caring in her responses to my concerns and seems genuinely interested and invested in my well-being and mental health. While I'm sure her schedule is very full and busy, she never makes me feel rushed or like I'm just another patient. Dr. Fawad is warm and kind. She is a wonderful Psychiatrist who I could not recommend more.
Jul 18, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
My experiences with Dr. Fawad have been positive and educational. She listens to her patient and provides necessary information so you can make an informed decision. I’ve never left an appointment not feeling assured that I’m doing the right thing relative to my mental health.
Jul 15, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
Dr Fawaad is amazing. Kind, understanding, patient and thorough. She is always asking about my family and work and genuinely cares about my well-being. Her office staff is also very kind which is a bonus!
Jennifer Sawyer – Jul 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
I have been seeing Dr. Fawad for many years now. She is one of the only psychiatrists that has ever shown a genuine and empathetic approach to helping me with my diagnose, and has remained consistent in helping me with treatment. I would recommend her to anyone!
jeeshi13 – Jul 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
Very friendly but very busy. Definitely knows her stuff
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
  • Long wait times
Jul 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
I was very comfortable speaking with Dr. Fawad. Very astute psychological, technical and professional knowledge were presented during our discussions. I would recommend and have recommended her as an excellent psychiatrist.
Mark – Jul 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
Been seeing her for years She’s kind, caring, and extremely knowledgeable Highly recommend
Jul 13, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?
I initially started going to see Dr. Fawad with my brother and ended up switching to her because she is amazing. She listens to your concerns and works with what makes you feel comfortable. She doesn't try to push medications on you like a lot of doctors do. I am very happy with her & would recommend her to anyone looking for a great doctor.
Meghan Pimentel – Jul 10, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Ujala Fawad, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Fawad?