Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Uday Devgan, MD
Dr. Uday Devgan, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Los Angeles, CA. He is 48 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Dr. Devgan is affiliated with Olive View - UCLA Medical Center.

11600 Wilshire Blvd Ste 200

Los Angeles, CA 90025

Dr. Uday Devgan, MD

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Health Net of California
  • Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield
  • WellPoint

Learn about Dr. Devgan

Many physicians, eye doctors, and their families have chosen Dr. Devgan for their own eye surgeries. Dr. Devgan not only performed surgery on his own father, but also other eye surgeons and their families. He delivers the same high level of skill and care to every patient he sees and to every surgery he performs.

Dr. Devgan's Experience

Dr. Devgan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Cataract Surgery Complications
  • Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Cataracts
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Ischemia
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

• Laser Surgery
  • Ocular Prosthetics
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for California.

• Ucla-Bachelor Of Science In Microbiology and Molecular Genetics
  • UCLA Med Ctr/UCLA D Geffen School
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2000
  • Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA School Of Medicine, Los Angeles, Ca
    Other Education | Completed 2000

Dr. Devgan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Devgan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Devgan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Devgan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Devgan to family and friends
Dr. Devgan's Performance
in Valencia, CA |
Dr Devgan is a gift !! My cataract surgery, in his incredibly deft hands, was flawless. His engaging and compassionate manner, gave me the assurance that all would be well. His competence, wonderful demeaner and expertise made my surgery seem routine. He truly cares about his patients and spends whatever time is necessary to answer questions and assuage concerns. I feel so fortunate to have been recommended to him by two Opthamalogists, one of whom knew of him from Philadelphia, PA. Yes, a gift!
in Los Angeles, CA |
I have worn glasses since I was five years old. (thick milk bottles ) When I needed a cataract operation, i was frightened that I would loose what ever vision I had left. I was recommended to Dr. Devgan by a friend.I was very much taken by his manner and his enthusiasm. He made me feel very comfortable. The operation was successful and I have no need to wear glasses except for reading. After seventy years of wearing heavy, uncomfortable glasses, I am free to do sports and exercises easily.
in Palm Desert, CA |
Dr. Uday Devgan is an outstanding cataract surgeon. Not only did he remove extremely thick and troublesome cataracts from both my eyes but because my eyes are extremely sensitive (severe myopia, history of retinal bleeding and even a scleral buckle on my right eye) his procedures were so flawless, painless and carried out with such passion and affection that I was in awe. After a lifetime of myopia and buildup of severe cataracts for the last 10 years I now enjoy 20-20 vision on both eyes !
in ENCINO,CA |
Dr. devgan is an amazing and compassionate doctor with great bedside manner, he was very thorough and patient with my 19 month old son . I definitely recommend him for all your vision needs! Thank you for your care! Maya S.
in Porter Ranch, CA |
I recently had the LASIK procedure done from Dr. Devgan, and I could not have asked for a more perfect experience. Having worn glasses since the 4th grade and having suffered from high astigmatism my entire life, I am still marveling at the fact that I now have 20/20 vision. Dr. Devgan and his entire staff were absolutely professional, responsive, and unbelievably warm and supportive throughout the whole process, from the minute I walked in for my consultation to the minute I walked out with a
I am an eye surgeon, and I chose my mentor and colleague, Dr. Uday Devgan, to perform my cataract surgery. Dr. Devgan performs each and every surgery as if he were operating on his own family with the highest level of surgical skill, medical judgment, and world-class expertise. He is passionate about delivering the best surgical outcomes, and he takes pride in providing the most superb result in the most kind, gentle, and caring manner. Dr. Devgan has given me the sight of a 20-year old!
in Pacific Palisades, CA |
Needing Cataract surgery I spent a considerable amount of time to find the best possible eye surgeon. By great good fortune I found Dr. Devgan. He is the most charming Dr. I have ever used taking time to give me complete information and explain in detail the current condition and what should be done to meet my needs. The surgery well extremely well the recovery was very rapid and now I have the best vision I have ever had. Dr. Devgan is the best Doctor I have ever used, I heartily recommend him.
in Fresno, CA |
I did extensive research and learned of Dr. Devgan's expertise and outstanding outcomes with cataract surgery after RK. Dr. Devgan's surgical center is the epitome of a state of art facility. He was very kind, approachable and understanding- at the same time -demonstrated a level of expertise and confidence that put me at ease with respect to undergoing a surgical correction to my cataract. My experience from start to finish exceeded my expectations and the end result was terrific. Thanks Dr Dev
in Newport Coast, CA |
I have had the privilege of observing hundreds of cataract surgeons performing cataract surgery over a 25 year career in ophthalmology. I chose Dr. Devgan to perform a close family members cataract surgery. The outcome was exactly as Dr. Devgan predicted and promised. Dr. Devgan is a surgeons, surgeon and has a wonderful bedside manner and outstanding staff. Coming from someone in this profession you are in the very best "hands" with Dr. Devgan.
in Glendale, CA |
I have been aware from some time that I should have cataract surgery in both eyes, but continued to put it off for quite some time – it is a daunting decision to let someone operate on your eyes, and the market is flooded by medical professionals touting their expertise, affordability, speed of procedure, and patient satisfaction. So much to wade through, but I realized my cataracts were starting to impact my quality of life – primarily not being able to drive at night, or identify details of
in Pasadena, CA |
Dr. Devgan performed my cataract surgery on February 6th, 2017. Before the surgery, I had a lot of questions. He was very patient, understanding, and down to earth. He took extra time to answer all of my questions. The cataract surgery went smoothly without much discomfort. My vision improved from -13 to 20/25. The whole world looks different. I recommend highly Dr. Devgan who is an excellent ophthalmologist.
Riverside, CA |
Dr. Devgan is an extremely skilled surgeon who patiently explains his diagnosis and his treatment recommendations; a rare combination. His staff are courteous and efficient, and his facilities are state-of-the-art. My original diagnosis was made by a local practitioner who seemed competent. However, after seeing Dr. Devgan, the difference in the quality of care was obvious. My procedure went flawlessly, the outcome was perfect, and I'll certainly be referring my friends and family to him.
Los Angeles, CA |
I work at the hospital in surgery department. When I wanted to have LASIK done, I asked my co-workers and doctors who is the best surgeon to do this procedure. They all said "Dr. Devgan!" Many referred their friends and family members to him. I was not disappointted. Dr. Devgan and his team are amazing and professional. I don't need eyeglasses any more. I would recommend him to anyone who need LASIK. Now it's time to shop for fashion sunglasses (my old eyeglasses are darken when exposed to the
in Canoga Park, CA |
Seeing is believing, they say, but after my cataract surgery with Dr. Devgan, seeing is unbelievable.
in Los Angeles, CA |
I was referred to Dr. Devgan by a successful ophthalmologist in Canada. Dr. Devgan gave a talk in Canada and our ophthalmologist friend was very impressed by him. My experience of seeing Dr. Devgan was wonderful. He was kind, patient and very good at what he did. He took time to explain details of my cataract surgery, took time to answer our emails when we had questions. My right eye which had the surgery done recovered quickly and I did not experience pain afterwards. I am now enjoying my
Los Angeles, CA |
Not only is Dr. Devgan the best at what he does, but he is passionate about his work. Dr. Devgan and all his staff were professional yet very friendly and comforting. I had the most pleasant experience and would recommend him to every person who is thinking of getting Lasik. You will not regret it!!
Dr. Devgan did catarac surgery on my left eye and lens implant where other surgeons would not do it without a corneal transplant, he said your cornea is fine I have a way of doing this operation.I checked my visìon today 12/23/2016,3 wwks after the op.20/20 Yahoo!, One heck of a xmas present You see I only had one eye with vision and thats the one he operated on. Dr. Devgan was straight forward with me on the % of successful outcome. THANK YOU DR. D Dr. Devgan performed a catarac removal
in Los Angeles, CA |
Thomas Kurschner Dr. Devgan and his staff are warm and welcoming and made the whole experience very pleasant. Recovery was easy. MY vission IS 20/20 Dr. Devgan answered all my questions in detail and personally responded to e-mails after visits. I highly recommend this doctor!!!
in Santa Monica, CA |
Nearly a year ago, Dr. Devgan performed cataract surgery on my right eye. Nothing speaks better for my total satisfaction with the results or my confidence in Dr. Devgan than the fact that just a week ago, I turned to him again for a similar procedure on my left eye. As before, everything went perfectly.
in Santa Monica, CA |
Dr Devgan and his staff always kept me thoroughly in the picture, with no surprises. So I cruised through two operations and post-op. This is the way it should be. I am totally happy with the results, too. I can identify tiny birds now at 40 paces!
in Los Angeles, CA |
I couldn't be more pleased with the result of my recent eye surgery. Dr. Devgan spent plenty of time with me at my pre-op consult. and patiently answered all of my questions (even the foolish ones). He told me exactly what to expect regarding the surgery and the recovery. My results exceeded his description (i.e. the surgery was a breeze, I could see GREAT 24 hours post surgery & my eye has felt fine and normal since day two). I was told beforehand that he is the best. I believe it!
in Redondo Beach, CA |
Dr. Devgan is fantastic...he is trustworthy, professional, knowledgeable and easy to work with and most important he truly has your best interests in mind. With his wealth of knowledge as a practicing Professor at UCLA combined with his years of hands on experience at his clinic, why would you entrust your precious eye surgery with just “any” eye surgeon? Dr. Devgan is quick to respond with detailed answers to any of your questions no matter how simple or complex and you can always count on ge
in Palm Desert, CA |
My cataract surgery has given me amazing vision, taking me back to the eyesight of my 30's, with vibrant colors and great distance. Did I mention distance vision? My golf drives aren’t even close to my distant vision. I was very impressed with Doctor Devgan, his staff, facility, and the total process of preparation and patient handling from initial evaluation to pre- op, to surgery and follow-up. They are leading edge with technology and patient care.
in Indianapolis, IN |
When I found the articles written by Dr. Uday Devgan and Associate Clinical Professor at the Jules Stein Eye Institute at the UCLA School of Medicine, I knew he would be the doctor that I would trust to perform my surgery. Dr. Devgan confirmed that I had the rare “posterior polar congenital cataracts” in both eyes as well as cataracts in front of the eyes. Both surgeries were successful and at age 70, I NO LONGER NEED EYE GLASSES. Besides finding the greatest doctor, his staff is outstanding.
in Santa Monica, CA |
After 24 hours following cataract surgery on my second eye, I woke up able to see without glasses! I have had the most incredible experience and result. Dr. Uday Devgan is the miracle worker. He is accessible at all times, and it is a pleasure to have someone like Dr. Devgan operate on one's most precious asset, your eyes. His office staff is helpful and pleasant, and going through the process rorm beginning to end has only been a positive experience. I would highly recommend to anybody consid
in Beverly Hills, CA |
After wearing glasses and contacts for 42 years, with a very strong prescription, I now have better than 20/20 vision. I was very nervous, but Dr. Devgan and his staff immediately put me at ease. The surgery was quick and painless and within hours, I was able to see like I never had before. After the first cataract removal and new lens, everything was so bright and vivid. I never dreamed vision like this would be a possibility for me. I highly recommend Dr. Devgan.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr Devgan is a miracle worker!! I spent 5 frustrating years trying to correct my vision. I couldn't wear contacts and I couldn't see well with or without my glasses. I had cataracts; however, several ophthalmologist told me they weren't ripe. A new ophthalmologist recommended Dr Devgan and I had cataract surgery on both eyes. With the new corrective lenses he put into my eyes I see everything far and near. I no longer where glasses and I only need 1.25 reading glasses for very very small pr
in Orange County, CA |
Dr Devgan is the best and I would give him an A++!! There were no surprises in my surgery and he is very honest and let's you know exactly what to expect. He is truly an expert in his field. He performed my surgery and my vision is right on target and I am very happy with the outcome. He is also always available to answer any questions I have via email, something that I am very grateful for. You have only one set of eyes! Please leave them in the care of Dr Devgan!
in Goleta, CA |
I found Dr. Devgan to be most friendly and generous with his time. Dr. Devgan very skillfully performed my cataract surgeries and the results have been outstanding. No pain, no problems, great result. I couldn?t be more pleased with how mine turned out and would recommend him to anyone.
in Valley Village, CA |
Dr. Devgan did an amazing job of removing both of my cataracts and replacing the lenses with acrylic implants. He's easy to access online, a super friendly relaxed guy who asked me to call him by his first name and answers all emails, and is very passionate about his work. His office is lovely, clean, classy etc. Dr. Devgan had fabulous before and after photos of my eyes. Dr. Devgan noticed things about my eyes and vision that neither of the other doctors mentioned. He did a fabulous job.
Have you seen Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
Are you Dr. Devgan?

See our Ophthalmology Specialist at West Hills Hospital & Medical Center

Visit Dr. Devgan

Dr. Devgan accepts 11 insurance carriers
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.
    CaliforniaCare HMO