Dr. Uday Devgan, MD

Dr. Uday Devgan, MD

Ophthalmology | Male | 47 years old

Many physicians, eye doctors, and their families have chosen Dr. Devgan for their own eye surgeries. Dr. Devgan not only performed surgery on his own father, but also other eye surgeons and their families. He delivers the same high level of skill and care to every patient he sees and to every surgery he performs.Read more

Dr. Devgan's Experience

See how Dr. Devgan's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Devgan

Dr. Devgan accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Devgan has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Devgan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Devgan to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Devgan
Dr. Devgan's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (53)
in Santa Monica, CA |
Nearly a year ago, Dr. Devgan performed cataract surgery on my right eye. Nothing speaks better for my total satisfaction with the results or my confidence in Dr. Devgan than the fact that just a week ago, I turned to him again for a similar procedure on my left eye. As before, everything went perfectly.
in Santa Monica, CA |
Dr Devgan and his staff always kept me thoroughly in the picture, with no surprises. So I cruised through two operations and post-op. This is the way it should be. I am totally happy with the results, too. I can identify tiny birds now at 40 paces!
in Los Angeles, CA |
I couldn't be more pleased with the result of my recent eye surgery. Dr. Devgan spent plenty of time with me at my pre-op consult. and patiently answered all of my questions (even the foolish ones). He told me exactly what to expect regarding the surgery and the recovery. My results exceeded his description (i.e. the surgery was a breeze, I could see GREAT 24 hours post surgery & my eye has felt fine and normal since day two). I was told beforehand that he is the best. I believe it!
in Redondo Beach, CA |
Dr. Devgan is fantastic...he is trustworthy, professional, knowledgeable and easy to work with and most important he truly has your best interests in mind. With his wealth of knowledge as a practicing Professor at UCLA combined with his years of hands on experience at his clinic, why would you entrust your precious eye surgery with just “any” eye surgeon? Dr. Devgan is quick to respond with detailed answers to any of your questions no matter how simple or complex and you can always count on ge
in Palm Desert, CA |
My cataract surgery has given me amazing vision, taking me back to the eyesight of my 30's, with vibrant colors and great distance. Did I mention distance vision? My golf drives aren’t even close to my distant vision. I was very impressed with Doctor Devgan, his staff, facility, and the total process of preparation and patient handling from initial evaluation to pre- op, to surgery and follow-up. They are leading edge with technology and patient care.
in Indianapolis, IN |
When I found the articles written by Dr. Uday Devgan and Associate Clinical Professor at the Jules Stein Eye Institute at the UCLA School of Medicine, I knew he would be the doctor that I would trust to perform my surgery. Dr. Devgan confirmed that I had the rare “posterior polar congenital cataracts” in both eyes as well as cataracts in front of the eyes. Both surgeries were successful and at age 70, I NO LONGER NEED EYE GLASSES. Besides finding the greatest doctor, his staff is outstanding.
in Santa Monica, CA |
After 24 hours following cataract surgery on my second eye, I woke up able to see without glasses! I have had the most incredible experience and result. Dr. Uday Devgan is the miracle worker. He is accessible at all times, and it is a pleasure to have someone like Dr. Devgan operate on one's most precious asset, your eyes. His office staff is helpful and pleasant, and going through the process rorm beginning to end has only been a positive experience. I would highly recommend to anybody consid
in Beverly Hills, CA |
After wearing glasses and contacts for 42 years, with a very strong prescription, I now have better than 20/20 vision. I was very nervous, but Dr. Devgan and his staff immediately put me at ease. The surgery was quick and painless and within hours, I was able to see like I never had before. After the first cataract removal and new lens, everything was so bright and vivid. I never dreamed vision like this would be a possibility for me. I highly recommend Dr. Devgan.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr Devgan is a miracle worker!! I spent 5 frustrating years trying to correct my vision. I couldn't wear contacts and I couldn't see well with or without my glasses. I had cataracts; however, several ophthalmologist told me they weren't ripe. A new ophthalmologist recommended Dr Devgan and I had cataract surgery on both eyes. With the new corrective lenses he put into my eyes I see everything far and near. I no longer where glasses and I only need 1.25 reading glasses for very very small pr
in Orange County, CA |
Dr Devgan is the best and I would give him an A++!! There were no surprises in my surgery and he is very honest and let's you know exactly what to expect. He is truly an expert in his field. He performed my surgery and my vision is right on target and I am very happy with the outcome. He is also always available to answer any questions I have via email, something that I am very grateful for. You have only one set of eyes! Please leave them in the care of Dr Devgan!
in Goleta, CA |
I found Dr. Devgan to be most friendly and generous with his time. Dr. Devgan very skillfully performed my cataract surgeries and the results have been outstanding. No pain, no problems, great result. I couldn?t be more pleased with how mine turned out and would recommend him to anyone.
in Valley Village, CA |
Dr. Devgan did an amazing job of removing both of my cataracts and replacing the lenses with acrylic implants. He's easy to access online, a super friendly relaxed guy who asked me to call him by his first name and answers all emails, and is very passionate about his work. His office is lovely, clean, classy etc. Dr. Devgan had fabulous before and after photos of my eyes. Dr. Devgan noticed things about my eyes and vision that neither of the other doctors mentioned. He did a fabulous job.
Have you seen Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
Are you Dr. Devgan?

Compare Dr. Devgan

Dr. Devgan's Care Philosophy

Dr. Devgan's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Ophthalmology
  •  Board certified in Ophthalmology

Dr. Devgan has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Devgan's Board Certifications

• Cataract Surgery Complications
  • Central Serous Chorioretinopathy
  • Chalazion
  • Chorioretinal Scars
  • Choroidal Neovascular Membranes (CNVM)
  • Conjunctival Hemorrhage
  • Corneal Abrasion or Laceration
  • Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Degenerative Disorders of Globe
  • Diabetic Cataracts
  • Diabetic Macular Edema (DME)
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Diplopia
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen
  • Retinal Hemorrhage
  • Retinal Ischemia
  • Retinal Neovascularization
  • Retinal Vein Occlusion
  • Retinitis Pigmentosa (RP)
  • Retinopathy of Prematurity (ROP)
  • Retinoschisis

Graduated in 1992

• Other Education
    Jules Stein Eye Institute, UCLA School Of Medicine, Los Angeles, Ca

Completed in 2000

Dr. Devgan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Devgan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Ophthalmology

• Laser Surgery
  • Ocular Prosthetics
  • Removal of Foreign Body from External Eye
  • Repair of Retinal Detachment or Retinal Tear
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.