Dr. Uday Devgan, MD

OphthalmologyMaleAge 52

Dr. Uday Devgan, MD is a Ophthalmology Specialist in Los Angeles, CA. He is affiliated with Olive View - UCLA Medical Center. He is accepting new patients. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Devgan to book an appointment.

Dr. Devgan

Devgan Eye Surgery, Los Angeles, CA

11600 Wilshire Blvd Ste 200 Los Angeles, CA 90025

Compare with other Ophthalmology Specialists

Compare Dr. Devgan with our nearby Ophthalmology Specialists at West Hills Hospital & Medical Center.

Make an appointment at West Hills Hospital & Medical Center today at (818) 877-7153.

These providers are on the medical staff of West Hills Hospital & Medical Center.

Dr. Devgan's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Devgan

Dr. Devgan?
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (88)
  • Appointment wasn't rushed (86)
  • Explained conditions well (86)
  • Long wait times (2)
I am a board certified ophthalmologist, now retired (after 30 years of practice in Los Angeles.) Yesterday (6/28/2021) was time for my cataract surgery, and this morning I watched the video of my surgery. Dr Devgan executed a perfect removal. I can't imagine a safer choice of doctor..
I.W, MD – Jun 30, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
During my professional life, I worked with many doctors. Dr. Devgan is a 10 star doctor. I initially went to another cataract doctor that had little eye contact and did not answer my direct questions but told me something else. In her surgery she cuts all around the eye. Dr. Devgan makes a 1/8 in. incision and removes the old lens and puts the new one through that. She wanted $1500 per eye more to use the laser . He does not. He and the folks he employs are extraordinary! Thank you Dr. Devgan!
May 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
There are no words for me to possibly thank and commend Dr. Devgan, his staff and his team. Dr. Devgan spent nearly an hour confirming the 6-8 test results, explaining the cataract, its effects and every single treatment option. He explained the benefits, downsides and potential issues. He was thorough, kind, considerate and acted as if this was the first time he’d ever explained this and that I was his only friend on earth going through this. The surgery was scheduled around my schedule. I was in constant communication. I chose the Panoptic Trifocal Lens. The surgery was quick, painless, and miraculous. From the moment I sat up from the surgery the world was brand new. It’s like someone pulled back the curtains and showed me all the things I was missing. I tried to schedule my next eye while on the operating gurney. Within hours my eye was back to normal and my vision was nearly perfect. My left eye was 20/10! I couldn’t be any happier!
Richard Middlebrook – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
Zero pain and seemingly instant recovery. Dr Devgan is top-notch. Clearly an expert who exudes confidence, and passion while retaining a professional demeanor; this was immediately apparent and re-assuring upon first consultation. So, I went in with a severe cataract, which he effortlessly removed and corrected my near-sighted astigmatism with an implant. Two weeks later, I went in for the simpler Lasik procedure in the other eye, and now I see better than 20/20, it's unbelievable! Nothing was left to question from pre-op to post-op, including real-time updates during the procedure which for me, was comforting. The outcome has had a profound effect on my day to day life and for that I can't thank you enough...Thank You Dr. Devgan!
Michael Riach – Aug 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
I am an active 76-years young grandparent that educates children with many life lessons through my platform as a professional tennis teacher. Within the last two years I have noticed that my vision seemed to be diminishing, especially while driving after dark. I went to an eye doctor in New Orleans I was told that I had the “C” word, cataracts. Upon returning to Los Angeles I received a referral from my physical therapist to go to Dr. Uday Devgan. I typically do not go to a doctor whose name
Mar 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
At 45 years of age, night driving became very difficult for me, I assumed I needed a new prescription for my glasses. To my dismay it was cataracts. The thought of having cataract surgery at my age was scary. After consulting with Dr. Devgan he assured me that while slightly uncommon for a person of my age, this surgery was not rare and on top of removing the cataracts, he would correct my severe nearsightedness as well as my astigmatism. As someone who has worn glasses all my life this sounded
Heather L. – Feb 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
As an ophthalmologist myself, I chose Dr. Uday Devgan to perform my LASIK procedure because he is known in our profession to have the best outcomes and lowest complications. Dr. Devgan is not only known for having gifted surgical hands, but he also trains ophthalmology residents, so he is always on the cutting edge of our field. My experience with Dr. Devgan and his office was absolutely perfect. Dr. Devgan is an amazing surgeon and I now have 20/15 vision in both eyes!
Jan 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
If I repeated all the positives others have stated I could only begin to tell you how pleased I am with Dr. Devgan.
Thousand Oaks, CA – Aug 23, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
My experience with Uday was so good that when the treatment and followup came to a conclusion, I was saddened that I would not be seeing him again for a whole year. When you consider that I flew in from Phoenix to los Angeles for the privilege, that is really something. I am very happy with the surgical results and the caring manner and enthusiasm for each patient that he shows. I chose Uday over surgeons in my home town and elsewhere in the US due to his visibility on the world stage of Opht
Phil Levy – Jun 19, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
My cataracts had reached the point where my quality of life had deteriorated greatly. I am 74 and tennis is my passion. I was not seeing clearly on the court or when I drove my car. Blessedly, my family doctor told me she knew the best surgeon in California and recommended Dr Devgen. I called his office for a consultation. A month later, Dr Devgan, simple the kindest and best eye surgeon one could hope to find, has enhanced my well-being greatly.
Allan Blackman in Playa Vista, CA – Apr 17, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
my surgery was one of the most difficult cases- but he did the wonder. he did surgery for 12 minutes and after surgery until to-day i never felt any pain or discomfort at all- he gave me 100 percent results and zero percent risk ( chances were for 30 percent risk ) he did miracle to me -his fine tuning and his 20 years of experiences made things flawless for my eye surgery. if it wasn't for dr. devgan then even today i will be looking for the right eye surgeon. Thank you Dr. Devgan
Lalj Thakarar in Irvine, CA – Feb 04, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
Thrilled with my new vision after Dr Devgan removed cataracts from both eyes. Surgical experience was super easy. His wonderful staff was as welcoming and reassuring as Dr. d. Himself
Nancy boyarsky in Los Angeles, CA – Nov 28, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
I can't imagine a better experience. Everyone from the office to the surgical center was professional, understanding, and compassionate. I felt safe, comfortable and with a surgeon who is the best that there is.
G. Bender in Santa Monica – Nov 16, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
Dr Devgan is a gift !! My cataract surgery, in his incredibly deft hands, was flawless. His engaging and compassionate manner, gave me the assurance that all would be well. His competence, wonderful demeaner and expertise made my surgery seem routine. He truly cares about his patients and spends whatever time is necessary to answer questions and assuage concerns. I feel so fortunate to have been recommended to him by two Opthamalogists, one of whom knew of him from Philadelphia, PA. Yes, a gift!
Susan Elfont in Valencia, CA – Oct 11, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
I have worn glasses since I was five years old. (thick milk bottles ) When I needed a cataract operation, i was frightened that I would loose what ever vision I had left. I was recommended to Dr. Devgan by a friend.I was very much taken by his manner and his enthusiasm. He made me feel very comfortable. The operation was successful and I have no need to wear glasses except for reading. After seventy years of wearing heavy, uncomfortable glasses, I am free to do sports and exercises easily.
Norman Fox in Los Angeles, CA – Sep 12, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
Dr. Uday Devgan is an outstanding cataract surgeon. Not only did he remove extremely thick and troublesome cataracts from both my eyes but because my eyes are extremely sensitive (severe myopia, history of retinal bleeding and even a scleral buckle on my right eye) his procedures were so flawless, painless and carried out with such passion and affection that I was in awe. After a lifetime of myopia and buildup of severe cataracts for the last 10 years I now enjoy 20-20 vision on both eyes !
Dr. Jon Othar in Palm Desert, CA – Jul 26, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
Dr. devgan is an amazing and compassionate doctor with great bedside manner, he was very thorough and patient with my 19 month old son . I definitely recommend him for all your vision needs! Thank you for your care! Maya S.
Maya S. in ENCINO,CA – Jun 18, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
I recently had the LASIK procedure done from Dr. Devgan, and I could not have asked for a more perfect experience. Having worn glasses since the 4th grade and having suffered from high astigmatism my entire life, I am still marveling at the fact that I now have 20/20 vision. Dr. Devgan and his entire staff were absolutely professional, responsive, and unbelievably warm and supportive throughout the whole process, from the minute I walked in for my consultation to the minute I walked out with a
C.K. in Porter Ranch, CA – May 30, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
I am an eye surgeon, and I chose my mentor and colleague, Dr. Uday Devgan, to perform my cataract surgery. Dr. Devgan performs each and every surgery as if he were operating on his own family with the highest level of surgical skill, medical judgment, and world-class expertise. He is passionate about delivering the best surgical outcomes, and he takes pride in providing the most superb result in the most kind, gentle, and caring manner. Dr. Devgan has given me the sight of a 20-year old!
May 15, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?
Needing Cataract surgery I spent a considerable amount of time to find the best possible eye surgeon. By great good fortune I found Dr. Devgan. He is the most charming Dr. I have ever used taking time to give me complete information and explain in detail the current condition and what should be done to meet my needs. The surgery well extremely well the recovery was very rapid and now I have the best vision I have ever had. Dr. Devgan is the best Doctor I have ever used, I heartily recommend him.
John Gardner in Pacific Palisades, CA – Apr 17, 2017
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Uday Devgan, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Devgan?

Many physicians, eye doctors, and their families have chosen Dr. Devgan for their own eye surgeries. Dr. Devgan not only performed surgery on his own father,...Read more

Uday Devgan, MD, FACS, FRCS

Dr. Devgan is in private practice, specializing in cataract and refractive surgery, at Devgan Eye Surgery in Los...

• Ophthalmology