Dr. Tyson Teeples, MD

Dr. Tyson Teeples, MD

Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery | Male

My main goal is to go beyond providing exceptional patient care to provide an outstanding patient experience. Not only do I wish to deliver the highest level of surgical care possible, but I also want to ensure that my patients feel comfortable and safe every step of the way.

Dr. Tyson Teeples has always been fascinated with the biological sciences and he excelled in his high school anatomy and physiology class. It wasn't until college, however, after reading an article about cleft lip and palate surgery that Dr. Teeples looked seriously into dentistry and medicine as a career. This article—and his wife's encouragement—spurred Dr. Teeples to observe a family friend at a local dental office. With this experience, Dr. Teeples knew that dental school was the obvious next step. While studying for a dental board exam, Dr. Teeples was thumbing through an oral surgery textbook and was fascinated at the before and after pictures of facial trauma injuries. He felt something deep down and knew then that he would pursue a career in oral and maxillofacial surgery. From that point, he never looked back. Observing and participating in facial trauma surgery and Beth Israel Deaconess Hospital, corrective jaw surgery at Massachusetts General Hospital, and cleft lip and palate surgery and Children's Hospital Boston, Dr. Teeples developed a clear vision of what his career would hold. Rubbing shoulders with world-renowned surgeons and world-class physicians influenced Dr. Teeples deeply. The pathway to becoming a full-scope oral and maxillofacial surgeon has instilled within Dr. Teeples a love of people and a passion for seeing and caring for patients of all ages. Dr. Teeples truly enjoys his job. "I didn't just want to do the surgery; I wanted to be a surgeon. It's what I am, not what I do. It's the patient connection that makes the difference."

Dr. Teeples' Experience

See how Dr. Teeples' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Teeples

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Teeples has admitting privileges.

Dr. Teeples' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Teeples to family and friends
Dr. Teeples' Performance
North Walpole, NH |
Very fast, thorough, and accurate wisdom tooth extraction. I had novicane and nitrous oxide, and felt confident throughout the 35 minute procedure.
It means the world to us that you had a great experience. Thank you for the review! Please tell your friends and family!
in Kennewick wa |
Good people, all the staff. Very patient.
We're so glad that you had a great experience and enjoyed working with our staff. Thank you for choosing us!
Richland |
i was sent to Dr. Teeples from my primary care dentist for a tooth extraction. He was very kind and understanding to my situation and answered all my questions I had written down to ask him. They got me in the day after the consult for the extraction and it went very well, no problems and I've been pain-free. I see him again for a post op visit and will write down any more questions I have.
in WA |
We were so grateful for the kindness of the assitants, easing the stress of surgery. Without them, things wouldn't have gone so well!
Kent, WA |
I had my wisdom teeth pulled and it was a great experience. I felt fully informed about the whole process. It was very comfortable and the healing process went smoothly and quickly with no infections or anything to worry about.
We are pleased to hear that your procedure went well. Thank you for the 5-star review! Please tell your friends and family!
in Kennewick, WA |
I had a wisdom tooth removed he was So friendly. Through the whole procedure making sure I was okay. And letting me know if I need anything to call him. I would definitely recommend.
Thank you for recommending our practice. We appreciate you sharing your great experience. Please tell your friends and family!
in KENNEWICK |
I had both my children get their wisdom teeth out and loved the treatment we had. Everyone was helpful. I would recommend this facility to everyone.
in Pasco, WA |
Dr Teeples and his staff were excellent!!! Very top notch!! I 'm very impressed with the fantastic care in addressing my special needs (two metal hips/ antibiotics) and providing superior treatment. Thank you so much. You guys are the best!!!
in Pasco, WA |
Muchas gracias Dr. Teeples.
Our pleasure! Glad to hear you had a 5-star experience. If you need anything in the future, we'd be happy to assist.
in benton city, WA |
My son had his wisdom teeth removed by Dr. Teeples and his experience was amazing. The procedure only took about 30 minutes and he has healed up very nice and quick. The office staff is extremely easy to work with, we had to change our appointment three different times due to weather and school conflicts that came up, and they we're always very willing to work with us. I would happily refer anyone looking to have work done to CBOMS.
We are glad we were able to fit you into the schedule. We do our very best to accommodate patients' needs. Thank you for sharing your positive experience and leaving us a review.
Federal Way, WA |
They were very kind and quick.
Thank you for the 5-star review! We really appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. Thank you for choosing us.
Portland, OR |
Great experience. Quick and painless
Seattle, WA |
Awesome! I was very nervous when I first came in, mostly about an IV but it was so easy. They were so nice and everything was super smooth. Easy recovery as well.
It is our pleasure to make your experience as pleasant as possible. Thank you for taking the time to write this review. Please tell your friends and family!
Kennewick, WA |
Everybody made me feel very comfortable, very professional office.
in Richland, Washington |
I would recommend having Dr. Teeples because he treats his patients with gentle care.
Thank you! We appreciate the recommendation and we would be happy to assist you and your friends and family in the future. Please tell your friends and family!
Seattle, WA |
Speedy procedure, no issues, very nice people
Thank you for the wonderful review. We strive to give our patients the best possible outcome and we are happy that you had such a great experience.
in Sunnyside, Wa |
All the staff was very friendly and made me feel very comfortable with my wisdom teeth removal. They informed me very well on what the procedure was and how it would happen. 100% recommend.
Richland, WA |
Wisdom teeth removal went smooth and was very comfortable!
in Pasco, WA |
I had a very good experience with all of the staff here. Dr. Teeples was professional with me and followed up with any questions I had. I definitely recommend coming here.
Seattle, WA |
Kind staff that really care about your well being! Great care, super results.
Thank you for the wonderful review. It was our pleasure to take care of you! Please feel free to contact us if we can assist you in the future.
in Grandview, WA |
I really loved this facility!!!! They are awesome from the time you walk in to the time you leave. Very helpful and they are sure to include you in every stop of they way!!!!
in Pasco, WA |
Great experience! Felt right at home! Would recommend to others.
in Richland, WA |
I would recommend Dr. Teeples and his staff for their professionalism and promptness in responding to my dental needs. I needed an extraction for a wisdom tooth. The scheduling, communication, and actual procedure were all performed professionally.
in Seattle, WA |
I like before I went into surgery they gave me a warm blanket it made me feel welcome : )
Prosser, WA |
Excellent work on customer care. My son struggles with anxiety and had none during his appointment. I recommend Dr. Teeples for removing wisdom teeth.
Thank you for taking the time to leave such a great review. We truly appreciate the kind words. Please tell your friends and family!
in Prosser, WA |
he's a good doctor I think he does a really good job thanks Dr Teeples.
in Mabton wa |
The people were great help me through the whole process
in West Richland, WA |
Dr. Teeples was excellent at engaging conversation. That really helped me relax. He's very personable. I highly recommend him!
Your kind words have made our day! Thank you for being such a wonderful patient.
in Quincy,WA |
Great experience, they make you feel welcomed would definitely choose this dental office again??
in Seattle, WA |
Fast, on time, and effective! Fantastic customer service to boot!
in Richland, WA |
A great overall experience.
in Kennewick, WA |
I would recommend Dr. Teeples because he was super nice, gentle and when I went for my check up everything came back great and it looked like I never had my teeth taken out.
in Richland, WA |
They staff was very friendly with helping set up appointments and Dr. Teeples did an awesome job taking my wisdom teeth out with no anxiety on my end. The nurses were wonderful in helping keep me informed with every step of the procedure as well. All around great experience, this coming from someone who usually does not like the dentist.
Dr. Teeples was great with my son, he was nervous about having to get oral surgery and he made him feel very comfortable about the process. Everyone was really friendly!
in Pendleton, OR |
Dr. Teeples was knowledgeable and caring.
Have you seen Dr. Tyson Teeples, MD?

Compare Dr. Teeples

Dr. Teeples says...

Dr. Tyson Teeples has always been fascinated with the biological sciences and he excelled in his high school anatomy and physiology class. It wasn't until college, however, after reading an article about cleft lip and palate surgery that Dr. Teeples looked seriously into dentistry and medicine as a career. This article—and his wife's encouragement—spurred Dr. Teeples to observe a family friend at a local dental office. With this experience, Dr. Teeples knew that dental school was the obvious next step.

The pathway to becoming a full-scope oral and maxillofacial surgeon has instilled within Dr. Teeples a love of people and a passion for seeing and caring for patients of all ages. Dr. Teeples truly enjoys his job. "I didn't just want to do the surgery; I wanted to be a surgeon. It's what I am, not what I do. It's the patient connection that makes the difference."

Dr. Teeples' Care Philosophy

Dr. Teeples says...

As a native of Southeastern Idaho, Dr. Teeples attending Ricks College, where he received an Associate Degree in Pre-Medicine/Biology. At Ricks, he was the captain of the track team and earned the Distinguished Academic All-American award for his 4.0 GPA and a 4th place finish at the National Championships in the 800-meter run. Dr. Teeples then went on to graduate with high honors from Idaho State University in 2003, earning his bachelor's degree in Biology.

The Teeples family then moved to New England where Dr. Teeples attended dental school at Harvard. In 2007, he graduated with his Doctor of Medicine in Dentistry (DMD) degree, earning honors marks in Advance Surgical Treatment courses and scoring an honors grade for his externship at Massachusetts General Hospital.  After dental school, Dr. Teeples pursued his dream of OMFS training at Mayo Clinic in Rochester, Minnesota. He graduated from the prestigious Mayo Medical School in 2011 with his MD degree.

Dr. Teeples says...

Dr. Teeples completed the Mayo Clinic dual-degree oral and maxillofacial surgery residency in 2013. As a dual-degree oral and maxillofacial surgeon, Dr. Teeples has the highest qualifications to treat a broad range of oral and facial conditions. During residency, Dr. Teeples gained valuable knowledge and skill in surgery, medicine, and anesthesia administration. He worked alongside physicians, surgeons, and anesthesiologists and completed rigorous training in a wide variety of surgical procedures and clinical scenarios.

Following residency, Dr. Teeples' credentials and continued interest in hospital-based procedures allow him to be on staff on staff at three local hospitals—Kadlec Regional Medical Center, Trios Medical Center, and Lourdes Medical Center—in addition to practicing at Columbia Basin Oral & Maxillofacial Surgeons.

Dr. Teeples' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• Cleft Lip and Palate
  • Dentofacial Anomalies
  • Facial Trauma
  • Impacted Teeth
  • Malocclusion (Bad Bite)
  • Mandibular Hypoplasia

Graduated in 2011

Mayo Medical School
    Idaho State University

Graduated in 2003

Dr. Teeples does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Teeples and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Oral & Maxillofacial Surgery