Pain Medicine  |
Dr. Tyrus Soares, MD
Dr. Tyrus Soares, MD is a pain medicine doctor who practices in Omaha, NE. He is 50 years old and has been practicing for 16 years. Dr. Soares is affiliated with Chi Health Immanuel and Chi Health Mercy Council Bluffs.

7710 Mercy Rd Ste 334

Omaha, NE 68124

• Coventry Health Care of Iowa
  • Coventry Health Care of Nebraska
  • Wellmark Blue Cross and Blue Shield

Learn about Dr. Soares

Health care is changing, and CHI Health promises to change it for the better. In fact, we started embracing new ways to keep you well more than 10 years ago. It's called value-based care, built on the belief that prescribing a healthier lifestyle is better than prescribing a lot of pills. That's why we're building a network where doctors, clinics and hospitals work closely to organize your care for the best possible outcome. We're doing what's right for our patients, to mend what's broken and restore your faith in health care.

Dr. Soares' Experience

Dr. Soares' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Pain Medicine

• Nerve Block, Sympathetic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Peripheral Nerve Block
  • Spinal Nerve Block

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Nebraska.

• Univ Of Ne Coll Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2001
  • Creighton University School Of Med
  • University Of Ne Med Center

Dr. Soares has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Soares does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Soares and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Soares' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Soares to family and friends
2.7
Dr. Soares' Performance
in Omaha, NE |
I noticed people's how do bad recommendations have the same reason, they try to tell the Dr what to do and what prescription want, He is the doctor if we have bad reaction to some medicine ok tell him, but don't be rude ,
in Omaha, NE |
Dr listened to me, asked what worked and what didn't, and was very sympathetic to my pain. I have recommended him to my friends and family.
in Omaha, NE |
I was telling him multiple surgeries and what i had been diagnosed with. He told me don't tell me what is documented. I told him the meds i was on and he said no no more only lyrica i said i cant have that makes my stomach bleef and loopy in the head. Well start out low and take more every week. Just say he is very rude the wost doctor ever. Never ever go back there. Also trwats you like a druggy
in Omaha, NE |
He is a jerk. Not willing to work with you and treats you like a drug addict. When you tell him hey i on this cause of this . Hus words i dont care and dont tell me what you been diagnosed with.
Omaha, ne |
I visited with this doctor he was not empathetic to my pain. Said my pain was all in my head. Clearly he knew I was an amputee. Down graded my other drs. Prescribed a medicine for me that clearly states do not take if you have the following symptoms. I had all but 1. Out of 7.
in Omaha, NE |
Talked over me the whole time wouldnt listen first time i met with him was told on phone by he was able to provide subs to get off oxy so i could still work etc, labeled me as a junkie i had to ask can i talk had to walk out horrible doctor
Omaha, NE |
I would definitely not recommend this Doctor. He was condescending, judgemental,and would not listen, constantly interrupting when I or my son tried to talk. We had been referred erroneously for a medically managed drug withdrawal protocol. Dr. Soares talked down to my son and treated him like a street drug addict though he has been prescribed the drug for pain and desperately wants to get off. I have worked Healthcare for 23 years and have honestly never seen such a horrible bedside manner.
Plattsmouth, NE |
TERRIBLE BEDSIDE MANNER! Had 18 SURGERIES in past 26 months, I am currently disabled with a plethora of genetic & physical conditions & 3 major upcoming surgeries. I live in constant pain.HOWEVER because the surgeries are a month out ...he felt that I needed No MEDS that's right! Methadone, which I have a reaction to or nothing to clear out my system before surgies. I CAN barely function now waiting yet ALONE w/out any meds. Also he DID NOT LISTEN &SPOKE OVER ME THE ENTIRE TIME! BAD, BAD DOCTOR!
Omaha |
I was referred to him by my physician. After discussing my health issues he asked me why I was in his office. ?? Spoke over me and loves fibermyalgia as the end all diagnosis if surgery can't immediately fix an issue. Ignored the fact I tried an anti seizure med already (for nerve damage) resulting with more pain and signs of allergic reaction. He in turn said to try lyrica. How much do drs make off prescribing this poison? ??
in Omaha, NE |
I have chronic tmj and it hurts 24/7. Dr. Soares did manage my pain for awhile and then he seemed like he wasn't listening to me. I was on methadone for 4 years and he cut me off , just like that. What kind of doctor who cares would do that to a person in need of pain management? I have to cold turkey from methadone and I'm a full time student and a full time worker. I don't know what to do ,but I can't recommend coming here after what happened to me.
in Omaha, NE |
I've had 4 spinal fusions, performed in 3 different states, (and a myriad of problems with my spine) and seen multiple doctors over the 35 years of dealing with my collapsing spine. I'd highly recommend Dr. Soares. He listens. He doesn't over medicate yet balances pain management. He has the touch when it comes to procedures. Some Dr's have you wanting to crawl off the procedure table to get away - not so with Dr. Soares. I'd highly recommend Dr. Soares to anyone needing pain management!
Have you seen Dr. Tyrus Soares, MD?
Are you Dr. Soares?