Dr. Tyler Wheeler, MD

Dr. Tyler Wheeler, MD

Family Medicine  |
Male
Dr. Tyler Wheeler, MD is a family medicine doctor who practices in Atlanta, GA. He has been practicing for 7 years. Read his story

993 Johnson Ferry Rd Bldg 210

• AvMed
  • First Choice Health
  • LifeWise

Learn about Dr. Wheeler

Dr. Wheeler's Experience

Dr. Wheeler's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Family Medicine
  • Board certified in Family Practice and Sports Medicine

Dr. Wheeler's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Wheeler "Dr. Wheeler is board certified in both family and sports medicine. He also has a special clinical interest in dermatology. He completed his undergraduate degree at Sewanee: The University of the South, and medical school at Mercer University School of Medicine. As a medical student, he was elected by his peers into the Gold Humanism in Medicine Society, and was awarded the Service to the Family of Man Award by Mercer's department of Family Medicine in recognition of his humanistic and academic achievements. Dr. Wheeler completed his Family Medicine residency at the University of Washington, consistently at the top of Family Medicine departments in the Country. During his time at UW, Dr. Wheeler earned an area of concentration certificate in dermatology and was again awarded for his outstanding bedside manner and clinical excellence. After residency, he completed a one-year sports medicine fellowship at the Family Medicine Residency of Idaho, where he served as one of several team physicians for Boise State University Athletics. Dr. Wheeler is trained in musculoskeletal ultrasound, which he uses to help make diagnoses and to improve accuracy of injections. He has lectured on screening to prevent sudden cardiac death in young athletes, and has published articles on Post-Concussion Syndrome and MRSA in sports."

This content was provided by Dr. Wheeler "As a primary care physician, I view my role as a partner in helping patients prevent and manage diseases through lifestyle modification, support networks and occasionally through medication or surgery.  Wellness is a way of life not medication list, and I hope to work with patients to create a culture of healthy living in their families.

As a sports medicine physician and activity junkie, I am well trained in diagnosing and treating a variety of musculoskeletal conditions in young athletes, weekend warriors, and in seasoned veterans. I realize how important it is to keep people in shape to enjoy their active lifestyles.  I also understand how to help expedite recovery from injuries so that folks can return to the activities that they love as quickly as possible.   "

• Sports Medicine

• Family Practice
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*
  • Sports Medicine
    Accredited by: American Board of Family Medicine*

• Allergies
  • Asthma
  • COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease)
  • Depressive Disorders
  • Emphysema
  • Gout
  • Heart Disease
  • High Cholesterol
  • Infectious Diseases
  • Injuries
  • Pneumonia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Sports Injuries

• Vaccination
  • Wart Removal
  • Wellness Examination
  • X-Ray

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• University Of The South
  • University Of Washington
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2013
  • Primary Care Sports Med Fell Of Idaho
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2014

Dr. Wheeler has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Wheeler does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Wheeler and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Wheeler's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Wheeler to family and friends
Dr. Wheeler's Performance
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Tyler is the most amazing physician I have been treated by. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is looking for a caring, honest and helpful family doctor.
in Atlanta |
Dr. Tyler Wheeler has been wonderful, he listens to my thoughts and concerns and address's each of them. He has been such a smart, caring, and concerned Doctor. He is definately one of the best I've had, bringing my whole family to him.
Tampa, FL |
I have been a patient of Family Practice Center for over 20 years. They have taken great care of me in every manner. Dr. Tyler Wheeler has been an excellent addition to the practice but anyone there can take care of any of your medical needs. Unfortunately, I have relocated from the Atlanta area and I know I will not find as good of a practice as this one.
Murfreesboro, TN |
Excellent doctor. Always available, dedicates a lot of time to patients. Very clear in his explanations.
in Stone Mountain |
So this was my first time seeing Dr. Tyler Wheeler he has excellent bedside manner. Really listens to you on any issues you might have, I mean this was the best office visit I have had in a minute. Most doctors just want to rush you in and out. I didn't feel pressured at all he answered all my concerns and explained everything that could be an issue. He touched on things that I wouldn't have even bought up until the next visit. Dr. Tyler Wheeler is phenomenal doctor!!!!
in Atlanta, GA |
I just had a great appointment with Dr. Wheeler! I cam in 30 minutes early and was seen and let out 15 minutes after my scheduled appointment. What a difference over some of my other doctors office visits! Nice to have a doctor sensitive to your time! Great job!
in Atlanta, GA |
I am very pleased with my experience here, it's like dealing with family. They have always treated me with that tender loving care. A BIG THANK YOU to my doctor who's the best and always able to have open conversation with and get my problems resolved. I am truly grateful and will continue to refer more business this way.
in Atlanta, GA |
As a cancer survivor, it is important that I have faith and trust in my family doctor. Dr Wheeler provides that in abundance. When you come in to see him he treats you like family. I am extremely impressed with the care that Dr Wheeler and his staff provides. No one in Atlanta is any better and I would not want to see anyone else.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. T. Wheeler took the time to understand my physical condition holistically. His lifestyle approach to self-care is encouraging and welcomed if you would rather 'do' something, than 'take' something. He provides resources for anything that needs further attention and is not rushing to the next patient. The entire staff is very attentive.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler takes the time to hear your concerns. Great bedside manner. HIGHLY recommended!
in Atlanta, GA |
You Rock, got to work in two days!!
in Atlanta, GA |
Great Experience. Always has been very thorough with exams and offers alternatives and great advice.
in Atlanta, GA |
Incredible bedside manners. One of the only doctors ever to take the extra time to show me my xray and help me understand where the pain is coming from and what treatment options are available. I have only seen Dr. Taylor twice, but I will make him my primary doctor without question.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is by far the best family practice doctor I have ever had. He is genuinely interested in my overall health and always works hard to find a solution to whatever my problem is. He always takes time to listen, and follows up promptly. If I could give Dr. Tyler 100 stars on a five scale I would; I highly recommend him!!
Atlanta, GA |
I do not recommend this practice. Be aware that if you go in for a physical, you will be charged for a whole additional appointment if you happen to mention anything that is not considered to be part of a 'standard physical'. In my case we spent less than 5 minutes discussing possible tennis elbow and now I am being asked to pay $173 out of pocket (due to deductible not being met) as if it was a whole separate visit for something like a broken leg.
in Atlanta, GA |
Exceptional customer service and bedside manner. Dr. Tyler is caring, professional and thorough - he is one of a kind in this day and age of modern medicine. My wife and I recommend him to all of our friends and family in the area!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is a wonderful doctor and has great bedside manner. He always has the time to listen to me and make sure I understand everything. Myself and fiance come to this practice and only have great things to say about him (father as well). Everyone is caring and the wait time is the best I've ever seen.
in Smyrna, GA |
Professional and courteous, answers any question no matter how detailed.
in Atlanta, GA |
One of the finest in the field. He comes with a level of competence, compassion and medical that is unsurpassed. The office team is polite and professional. As one with an architectural background, I found the office aestheically attractive. This is undoubtedly one of Northsides best kept secrets. All the best to the Family Practice.
in Norcross , GA |
I love Dr Wheeler and the office staff! They were so professional and yet kind when I had to make a last minute appointment after an accident. You definitely feel cared for with Dr. Tyler Wheeler!
in Atlanta, Ga |
He is very thorough and pleasant to interact with.
in Atlanta, GA |
I came to see Dr Tyler for a sports physical. He was very professional and thorough. He explained everything to me in terms I could understand. The office staff was extremely pleasant and welcoming. If you are looking for a primary care doc who is also knowledgeable in sports medicine... Look no further.
Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Tyler Wheeler is absolutely excellent. I would recommend him to anyone. Not only is his bedside manner impeccable but he is very knowledgeable and was able to diagnose my issue immediately. He is outstanding. So lucky to have found such an impressive MD.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Tyler is by far the best GP I have had. I reccommend him highly. He is knowledgable, personable, and kind. Most imporantly, he takes the time to fully and clearly explain his decision making in terms of care. I consistently feel included in the discussion of my health care.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Tyler is an awesome Doctor. Very thorough and makes sure that you understand and agree with your treatment plan. I've seen other PA's and docs in this practice, but he's my favorite by far!
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr. Wheeler is great. He definitely cares about his patients and is willing to spend the time necessary to be a great doctor.
in Atlanta, GA |
I've been to many doctors, but never one that seems as caring and genuine as Dr. Tyler does. He truly listens to you. He will explain your condition, discuss options, and follow up with you. I can't speak highly enough of him, he is compassionate and a class act. I appreciate what he does and the fact that he makes a trip to the doctor as painless as possible.
in Sandy Springs, GA |
Very caring attitude and excellent approach to health care.
in Snellville, GA |
He's awesome! His bedside manner is wonderful!
in Woodstock, GA |
I came in with a shoulder injury from an unfortunate incident with some drunk Star Wars fanboys after a screening of the new movie. The staff was courteous, professional, and prompt. Dr. Wheeler (or Dr. Tyler he is generally referred to differentiate between him and Dr. James Wheeler within the same practice) is one of those rare doctors that ACTUALLY listen to their patient and allow them to have options in their course of treatment. I highly recommend him, especially for physical injuries.
Have you seen Dr. Tyler Wheeler, MD?
Are you Dr. Wheeler?