Dr. Tyler Watters, MD

Dr. Tyler Watters, MD

Orthopedic Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Tyler Watters, MD is an orthopedic surgery doctor who practices in Raleigh, NC. He has been practicing for 7 years. Read his story

3001 Edwards Mill Rd

Raleigh, NC 27612

• CompCare
  • CorVel
  • MedCost

Learn about Dr. Watters

See how frequently Dr. Watters performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Knee Disorders
Knee Surgery
Knee Replacement

Dr. Watters's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Watters' bio

This content was provided by Dr. Watters "Dr. Watters attended Pepperdine University, where he was a National Merit Scholar and graduated with honors. He then attended Duke University School of Medicine, where he was elected to Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society and received numerous awards. Dr. Watters also completed his surgical residency training at Duke University Medical Center. During that time he was very active in clinical research and also served as a resident team physician for the Duke University Men and Women's Soccer teams and North Carolina Central University's Football team. After residency, Dr. Watters went on to complete an adult reconstruction fellowship at Colorado Joint Replacement, the premier hip and knee replacement center in Denver, Colorado and the Rocky Mountain region."

This content was provided by Dr. Watters "Dr. Watters is committed to providing compassionate care to his patients with a focus on evidence-based medicine and individualized treatment plans based on each patient's own needs and goals."

• Joint Replacement & Reconstruction Orthopedics

Dr. Watters does not have any board certifications listed.

• Broken Arm
  • Gout
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pain
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Pain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)

• Hand and Wrist Fracture Treatment, Closed
  • Knee Surgery
  • Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Knee and Lower Leg Fracture Treatment, Open
  • Sports Medicine Related Procedures

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Duke Univ Sch Of Med
    Medical School | Graduated 2010
  • Duke University Mc
  • Colorado Joint Replacement (Hip and Knee Arthroplasty)
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Watters has no awards or honors listed.

Dr. Watters has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Watters does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Watters and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Watters' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Watters to family and friends
Dr. Watters' Performance
Cary, NC |
Dr. Watters did an excellent job with my hip replacement surgery. Before surgery he took the time to answer all the questions my wife and I had. For this surgery I had the posterior approach and less than 2 weeks after the surgery I was walking unaided. The pain after surgery and during convalescence was always minimal to none. In 4 weeks, and after starting physical therapy, I was driving again and working part time. Jennifer, his nurse, and all the office staff were great also.
in Raleigh, NC |
I had put off knee replacement for years and Dr. Watters was recommended to me. He put me at ease about the procedure fully explained every aspect of the surgery, hospital stay and recovery time. On office visits his staff was excellent, helpful and very professional. I have already recommended Dr. Watters to a friend who needs knee replacement. He performed right knee replacement in Oct. 2017 and I have scheduled left knee replacement for January 2018 with Dr. Watters..
Dr. Watters is intelligent, kind, patient, easy to talk to, takes his time during appointments to answer questions, review treatments and just to listen to the patients ( and their family). His nurse Jennifer is top notch as well.
Fuquay Varina, NC |
Dr Watters was a wonderful doctor, the office staff was very helpful and friendly. Dr Watters nurse Jennifer was great. After having hip replace was able to get back to work within 6 weeks with no pain and at 100%.
in Cary, NC |
I chose Dr. Watters after seeing 4 other surgeons. He was the most thorough at explaining the cause of my symptoms, as well as explaining the pros and cons of surgery. He and the rest of the staff were always very friendly and open to answering questions. Now, 6 weeks after surgery, I have no more of the pain that I had originally. Any aching left I know will go away with time. I couldn’t be happier about my decision to have Dr. Watters handle my hip replacement.
in Garner, NC |
I would recommend Dr. Watters to anyone. I am 54 years old and I just had full hip replacement 6 weeks ago, and I'm feeling great. Dr. Watters and his staff have helped me through the entire process, and I am doing exceptionally well. It's unbelievable how quick my recovery has been.
in Durham |
I would highly recommend Dr. Watters and his staff to anyone who needs total hip replacement. Every person I came in contact with displayed an exemplary professionalism and attention to details. Dr. Watters discussed all options available to handle my specific conditions and had given me clear details of each option. The surgery and recovery went exactly as discussed. I had my left hip replaced three months ago and was able to walk without any assistance in 4 weeks.
in Raleigh, NC |
I really like Tyler he is awsome doctor he cared for my mother in Linda Thompson with her bad hip he gave her the surgery. He made sure we understand and he gave her the 2 inches that she had lost. Thank you so much love Donna stephens
in Raleigh, NC |
So glad that my emergency situation happen to when Dr. Watters was available at Rex hospital in Raleigh,NC. My femur was broken very close to the joint and he was called on to fashion a plate that would fit. The results have been quite good (almost 5 months in). Very impressed that he thought through the options and explained them to me prior to the operation. I believe he selected the option that would cause the least amount of mental and physical stress to a 72 year old patient. PT program??
in Smithfield, NC |
I am so grateful that I was referred to Dr. Watters, regarding my need of a total hip replacement. On my first appointment, Dr. Watters spoke to me about my symptoms, reviewed x-rays and explained what was taking place. He was so honest and upfront on what had to be done. The day of my surgery, I knew that I was in good hands of a fine surgeon. My family and I give 5 stars with great recommendations!
Cary, NC |
My 83 year old husband had a total hip replacement two weeks ago and is doing amazingly well. Dr. Watters was friendly, explained what my husband should and should not do and was very patient in answering all of our questions. We never felt rushed during the appointments. Dr. Watters also has some mandatory classes to prepare patients on what to expect during and after the surgery. This really helped to answer many of our questions. We would certain recommend Dr. Watters.
Cary, NC |
Dr. Watters replaced my 83-year-old dad's right hip on June 15. I accompanied him and my mom to each pre-op and post-op visit so I got to see first-hand how helpful and patient Dr. Watters was in answering all of our questions. My dad is doing amazingly well now and we are thankful for such a great outcome! We highly recommend Dr. Watters.
in Raleigh, NC |
Yes, I would highly recommend Dr. Tyler Watters: I was referred to him by my doctor, Dr. Nadine Peckter . It was an easy process getting an appointment and each time I called with any questions, I was given very helpful information about all procedures, papers to be completed, and appointments to be fulfilled. Dr. Watters was very kind, gentle, and through in walking me through each step of pre opt procedures, Operation details, and post opt details. I felt he genuinely cared about my health
in Apex, NC |
I am 79 years old and wish I had not put off having my left hip replaced. Had been in pain for about 3 years. Dr. Watters was wonderful and explained everything that would happen and my options. I did have the anterior surgery on April 11, 2017. I am now pain free and ready to get on with my life.
in Raleigh, NC |
Very personable, thorough and knowledgeable . He seems to take time with you and I appreciate how he speaks and responds to the older generation (88+yrs old)
in Oak Island,NC |
I can not praise Dr. Watters enough for giving me my life back. Before I saw him each step was painful and I could not sleep at night. I had anterior total hip replacement of my left hip on February 16, 2017. I was driving within 2 weeks and walking 2 miles a day within 4 weeks. I have done everything he told me to do and have also done everything I learned in physical therapy. My advice to anyone in need of total hip replacement....Don't wait. Get your life back. See Dr. Watters.
Cary, NC |
Dr. Tyler Watters has provided me with excellent medical services. I appreciated his vast medical knowledge of the surgical procedure that he performed on me. He constantly displayed a professional approach with me at all times. His professional attitude assured me that he was sincerely concerned about providing me with excellent medical care during both my hospital stay and office visits. He took great care in answering all medical questions and addressing all my concerns.
Raleigh, NC |
I am 63. I recently saw Dr Watters after 4 years of knee pain. He was very thorough, explaining the condition of my knees. My arthritis is severe. I am close to retirement and he explained the benefit of having surgery before I retire. I felt that he really cared about me. Right now I am on cortisone shots but am seriously considering knee replacement surgery within the next year. I will definitely have Dr Watters do it.
in raleigh, nc |
Words can't really express the satisfaction I have with my hip replacement done by Dr. Watters on 3/9/17. I had a previous hip surgery that went really bad, and needed to be corrected. When I met Dr. Watters he sat down and spoke with me, he treated me as if my case was the most important one. His confidence gave me so much hope and relieve, that after being in constant pain for almost two years, I finally slept well that night. Dr. Watters was the miracle I was waiting for. He is the best!!
in Raleigh, NC |
I am 70 years old/young and I waited a long time to have my hip replacement. I was reluctant to have surgery. I recently had Dr. Watters perform surgery on my left hip because it was simply too painful to walk. The day of the surgery, they had me up and walking and I had less pain in that hip the day of surgery than I did before surgery. It is not 6 weeks after my surgery and I am walking with no pain at all! No cane. No walker!!! Dr. Watters was great!
in Apex, NC |
Dr. Watters took X-rays and upon his review, he explained that I have advanced stage arthritis in both of my hips. He told me I would need a total hip replacement. He said it could be 3 weeks, months or years. On March 2nd 2017 he performed the surgery! He's the BEST, honest and straight forward. My hip was in a a bad state and he fixed it. I'm so overwhelmed with joy! If you need a hip replacement, please see Dr. Watters! He's the BEST! To God be the Glory! Thank you! Charles Ray, III
in Dunn, NC |
I saw Dr Watters today for knee pain. He took lots of time to explain that I had arthritis in my knees, showing me the trouble areas on the X-rays. He also took the time to thoroughly exam my knee. I was impressed with the time he spent both examining me as well as explaining short term and potential long term solutions. For an initial visit I was very very pleased and would highly recommend Dr Watters.
Raleigh, NC |
We met Dr. Watters before my 80 year old grandmother had to have surgery after shattering her knee. Dr. Watters instantly put us at ease with his calm, informative and fun bedside manner. He is AWESOME! During the followup visits after her surgery, he always took time to sit and chat with us about her progress and answer our questions. My grandmother is a spit fire and he handled her wonderfully. We are so thankful for her recovery and could not have asked for a better doctor!
Have you seen Dr. Tyler Watters, MD?
Are you Dr. Watters?