Dr. Tyler Krummenacher, MD

Orthopedic Hand Surgery | Male

Dr. Tyler Krummenacher, MD
Dr. Krummenacher completed his Fellowship in Orthopedic Hand Surgery from Mount Sinai St. Luke's Roosevelt Hospital in New York, New York. After receiving his medical degree from Saint Louis University School of Medicine, Dr. Krummenacher completed his residency at the University of Chicago Medical Center. His undergraduate degree is from the University of Notre Dame in South Bend, Indiana. Dr. Krummenacher treats all orthopedic conditions while specializing in disorders, injuries and surgery of the hand, wrist, shoulder and elbow.

Dr. Krummenacher's Care Philosophy

Dr. Krummenacher treats disorders of the hands, wrists, forearms, elbow and shoulders. Not all problems require surgery. The majority of his patients are managed with a course of splinting, therapy, injections and medications. Dr. Krummenacher is well versed in both non-operative and surgical care of all disorders of the hand, wrist, forearm, elbow and shoulder. He treats all types of Upper Extremity Conditions including arthritis, trauma, fractures, nerve compression, hand and wrist deformities, infections and tumors, occupational injuries, sports injuries, and fingertip injuries, as well as revision of previous surgeries. The hand is one of the most intricate and flexible structures in the human body, unsurpassed in sensitivity, mobility and strength. Care of the hand requires specialized attention – the type of attention that Dr. Krummenacher provides.

Dr. Krummenacher's Experience

See how Dr. Krummenacher's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Krummenacher

Dr. Krummenacher accepts 18 insurance carriers

Dr. Krummenacher is now accepting new patients
Mid County Orthopaedic - CityPlace 5845 N New Ballas Ct Ste 200
Saint Louis, MO 63141
(314) 983-4700Get Directions

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Krummenacher has admitting privileges.

Dr. Krummenacher's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Krummenacher to family and friends
Dr. Krummenacher's Performance
in Lake Saint Louis, MO |
I am in my came in with a complete tear of my rotator cuff after a bicycle crash. My surgery went extremely well and after 6 weeks of immobilization, began to gradually recover with PT. By 3 months it was clear that the surgery had been a complete success and was able to swim, bike and do other fitness activities with no pain and with almost no limits in motion. I would highly recommend Dr. K, as he inspired confidence in his diagnosis and surgical ability. One of the best decision ever made
St Louis, MO |
Had a broken wrist and needed plate/pins. Dr. K and his staff were very reassuring after having a less so consultation with another surgeon. Got me in for appointment the day after we called and in for surgery the next day. Pre and post surgery, and during 2 1/2 months of follow up treatment, Dr K was clear and kind in communication. So was his staff. I never had to wait at appontments. Questions I called in with were answered the same day. I felt very confident with my treatment throughout.
in Kirkwood, MO |
I badly broke my left wrist while on mission trip. After meeting with me and explaining the treatment options, Dr. Krummenacher did my surgery - I now have a plate and 9 screws in my wrist. I was prepared for the recovery and rehab, as Dr. Krummenacher spent the time to describe and explain the process. He even called me to check in a few days after surgery. His staff is friendly, kind and responsive. My wrist is nearly 100% again! Thank you!
in Troy, MO |
Very easy going doctor that truly cares to see you make a full recovery. Dr. Krummenacher performed surgery on my right ring finger due to a Pip fracture/dislocation and everything went great. Short recovery time and minimal to no pain throughout the entire process. I Highly recommend him.
in St Louis, MO 63129 |
DOCTOR KRUMMENACHER ; IS AN OUTSTANDING DOCTOR . HE'S VERY THOROUGH AND EXPLAINS YOUR CONDITION TO THE PATIENT IN DETAIL . HE'S VERY FRIENDLY AND CARES ABOUT HIS PATIENT'S . DR. KRUMMENACHER JUST DID A SURGERY ON MY LEFT ELBOW TO FREE UP AN ENTRAPPED NERVE . THE SURGERY WENT WITHOUT A HITCH . IT WAS A HOLIDAY WEEKEND ( FRIDAY ) BUT HE STILL TOOK THE TIME TO CALL ME AND CHECK UP ON MY CONDITION ON SUNDAY . I WOULD HIGHLY RECOMEND DOCTOR KRUMMENACHER AND HIS FRIENDLY STAFF TO ANYONE ! HE'S GREAT
in St Louis, MO |
A family friend referred me to Dr. Krummenacher on a Sunday morning after I had a bad dog bite (hand). He met me at his office less than an hour later and he ended up doing a minor procedure to remove remaining pieces of dog teeth and reduce chance of infection. I saw him several times over the following weeks and I am doing great thanks to him. My wife and I were very comforted by Dr. Krummenacher and he is very trustworthy. I strongly recommend him and his staff.
in Pacific, MO |
Dr. Krummenacher helped me with a hand injury. He is very professional and attentive.
Ballwin, MO |
Dr. K. was great. Went to him for a torn hand caused by dog bite and he was very friendly and thorough. I recommend him highly.
in Hazelwood, MO |
Dr. Krummenacher is the most wonderful orthopedic surgeon. I could not have asked for a better hand specialist. He performed carpal tunnel surgery on both of my hands and it has changed my life for the better! I could not be more pleased with his work. Most importantly, he gave me my life back! I would recommend Dr. Krummenacher to anyone and everyone that suffers from nerve pain in their hands. He will not let you down!
St Louis, MO |
Exceptional, caring, & very thorough surgeon. Very pleasant experience & very pleasant man.
in Lake St. Louis, MO |
I saw Dr. Krummenacher for some cyst in my wrist. He was always so kind explaining my options and what was happening with my wrist. I had them surgically removed and have had a speedy and full recovery. I am so thankful for how well my surgery went and the wonderful job he did. It has fully brought back function to my wrist. I would recommend him to anyone. His staff was also so kind and patient with me when in the office.
St Louis, MO |
Dr. Krummenacher was extremely knowledgeable and did an excellent job on the surgery. I would highly recommend him and his office staff.
in St. Louis, MO |
I was in a bad car accident last year and broke both bones in my wrist. Dr. Krummenacher did a 5 hour surgery to put everything back together with plates and screws, he gave me back more function in my wrist then we thought and he was very compassionate with me and my concerns since I was pregnant when all this happened. He will be my go to wrist doctor for as long as he is around. He listens to you and gives his honest opinion. Excellent doctor who takes pride in what he does. Thank you Dr. K.
in St Louis, MO |
From the first visit to my last visit Dr. Krummenacher's office was always professional and pleasant. I never waited more than a couple of minutes. Dr. Krummenacher was great. He's knowledgeable and personable. The receptionist as well as the nurses were also friendly and will put you at ease. One nurse in particular, Nicole was always sweet and helpful. I highly recommend Dr. Krummenacher.
in O Fallon, MO |
I had never had to have surgery before so this was a little scary to say the least. But Dr. Krummenacher was extremely professional and put my mind to ease when it came to the surgery. My wrist is officially healed and 2 weeks earlier than scheduled. He did a fantastic job and I would highly recommend him to anyone. My Surgery was for a torn ligament in my wrist.
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Krummenacher surgically repaired my wrist. I had excellent care, he is personable and caring. The quality of service was excellent, I have complete range of motion. So happy he was my surgeon, I never felt he was rushing through my visits and he explained everything.
in St Louis, MO |
I had a really great experience with Dr. Krummenacher. I had injections prior to my need for surgery. He is very gentle and a polite bed side manner. Surgery went very well and my thumb is healing nicely. The staff is very kind and helpful.
in St Louis, MO |
I thought Dr. Krummenacher did a great job on my hand. I would recommend him to anyone. Excellent in every way.
in O Fallon, IL |
I recently got diagnosed with a severe carpal tunnel and needed surgery. Being curious patient, I always read a review about the Doctor that I'm entrusting to do surgery on both of my hands. Neither to say I didn't like what I have read from the assigned Surgeon. So I decided to find my own, Dr. Tyler R. Krummenacher, MD is the best!!! He is very professional, friendly, direct and yet very mindful of my concern. I highly recommend him if you need Orthopedic Hand Surgery.
Edwardsville, IL |
The staff in Dr. Krummenacher's office were always professional. The wait times were minimal for all appointments. Dr. Krummenacher's bedside manner was impeccable! His honest compassion and concern was above and beyond! Would definitely recommend this office to family and friends.
in St Louis, MO |
Very nice and to the point. He was always on time and didn't leave me waiting in a room and that's a big deal to me.
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Krummenacher was very professional and friendly. He did a great job with my son's hand surgery, the broken thumb was worse than expected when he performed the surgery so he had to insert a plate and screws. Three months later after the surgery my son is back playing baseball and his hand/thumb are doing well. We were very pleased with the outcome of the whole process with Dr Krummenacher, he is highly recommended.
in St Louis, MO |
Very professional, but still mindful of the patients concerns. Gave a thorough explanation of what the issue was and how to deal with it.
in St Louis, MO |
I would and have recommended Dr. Krummenacher to family and friends. I had been in pain for quite sometime with my right hand, wrist and thumb. Previous physicians had treated me but felt I would have to continue with cortisone injections and medications. I saw Dr. Krummenacher and he explained a surgical technique that would end my pain for good. He was very thorough in explaining the procedure and recovery. I opted for the surgery and am so glad I did. I am about 2 months post op and pain free
in O' Fallon, MO |
From the initial call to the last appointment, Dr. Krummenacher went out of his way to be prompt and courteous. I was totally confident in his diagnosis and treatment plan. I have received the best results one could have exceeding even his expectations for my injury. Dr. Krummenacher was able to perform my surgery right away which was very important to me. He has great communication skills and speaks to his patients with care and understanding.
in St Louis, MO |
SME Surgery Dec. 12, 2016 I would highly recommend Dr. Krummenacher to all of my family and friends. I had Cubital Tunnel Syndrome surgery that ended up being a secondary condition that needed correcting. It was Dr. K. that helped me by ordering an MRI to diagnose that I needed cervical neck and spine surgery. My problems were much more serious and Dr. K. did not and would not rush to do my elbow surgery. I am very grateful for his very thorough examination and care for my medical needs.
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Krummenacher is EXACTLY the kind of surgeon one would want. His attention to detail, engagement and information sharing before the surgery, exacting technique for wound closure and interviews and time after the surgery is all that one can ask for. He's personable and has a sense of humor. But most of all he knows what he's doing and will walk you through every step so you'll know what to expect and measure your results.
St Louis, MO |
Had surgery on my arm by Dr. Krummenacher, and had a wonderful experience! Highly recommend him for any ortho problems along with his partners.
in St Peters, MO |
Dr.Krummenacher was very thorough in his explanations about my injury, the repair process and expectations about recovery. Very warm and caring but doesn't sugar coat the processes and the amount of work involved with rehab. Also the staff at Progress West office are wonderful! Friendly, patient and the office runs on time.
in SAINT LOUIS, MO |
I had ecu tendon subluxation and it would constantly bother me everyday from the pain doing any sort of activity . After surgery I haven't had it sublux at all and it is very stable. 3 months post surgery I am returning to sports after a very fast recovery. Recommended surgeon.
in Troy, MO |
Very easy going, feel like more of a friend than a patient. Appointments are always quick, in and out. The scheduling of the appointments were always convenient for my schedule. He knows what he is talking and I had a great experience as one of his patients.
in St Louis, MO |
Well i broke my left wrist. I was referred to him by the emergency room. I say he's the best, i have never broke anything on my body before. He was very concern and did and amazing job. I didnt have to have surgery. Also i was self pay, he made sure i received the same amount of service as if i did have insurance. Always nice and concern also very very professional.
in Florissant, MO |
The whole experience with Dr.Krummenacher was wonderful!!I broke my scaphoid bone and he gave me a couple choices of how we should treat it and I took his advise on the sugery to heal faster and I am glad I did...no more break!He put some of the anxiety I had about the procedure to the side by explaining everything about it.I would deffinatlly recommend Dr.Krummenacher to ANYONE who has any problems with their hand or upper extremity!He is a great doctor and a really nice guy.Thank you Dr.!
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Krummenacher is a young kind knowledgeable surgeon. He sits facing his patient and listens to all their concerns and is very thorough with his explanation of his diagnosis. I am an 85 year old woman and I work two days a week in an office. This year Dr. Krummenacher did a total replacement on both of my shoulders. They now function normally with no pain. While I was in the hospital he visited me everyday. Even on the weekend. I sincerely recommend Dr. Krummenacher and his wonderful staff.
in Wildwood, MO |
Highly recommend Dr. Krummenacher for hand surgery. At age 51, I fractured my right thumb (first metacarpal) while mountain bike racing on 5/15/2016 and Dr. Krummenacher performed surgery by inserting 4 screws into the metacarpal to reinforce the spiral fracture and align the bone back into place. My thumb quickly healed and I was back on the bike racing on 6/26/2016 and fully recovered by end of July with complete mobility as before. Also, the scar is barely noticeable. Staff is amazing
in Saint Louis, MO |
Dr. Krummenacher was able to efficiently put me back together. He was not only very professional but very friendly and knowledgeable in explaining everything than needed to be done and was to occur in the months following surgery.
in St Louis, MO |
Helpful, supportive, and caring! Didnt take long to recieve my results and thorough exam. If you need carpel tunnel release this is your guy.
in St Louis, MO |
Not only is he a good surgeon, he has great communication skills. He is very thorough in his explanations about your injury and his recommended surgical procedure for its correction. He is attentive to you sharing any concerns you may have about the surgery, needed rehabilitation, and follow up care. He promotes you being an informed patient by taking the time to answer all your questions.
in St Louis, MO 63l09-3118 |
Physical therapist said my hand looked as good as any retraction she had seen in ll years. Can hardly see anything where my hand was cut. Hardly any pain and had is straight. Can applaud again and first time for Dr. Krummenacher.
in Marine, IL |
I arrived early for both appointments and was taken promptly. Dr. K was polite, professional and knew exactly what the problem was. The physical therapy prescribed was great, and I have exercises to continue to avoid a repeat of the condition. Will highly recommend to others.
in Ballwin missouri |
Had had a tendon repair on my right hand. Canot believe how good my scar looks on my hand. The repair is working great. Dr. Krummenacher has the best personality. Make you feel very comfortable. Would totally recommend him.
in Columbia, MO |
My experience with Dr Krummenacher was amazing !! He is is extremely kind and very reassuring. His staff is also excellent
in St Louis, MO |
Dr. Krummenacher is an excellent, caring doctor. I was fortunate to have his services after breaking my wrist. He performed a very difficult surgery and my recovery has been excellent. I have been very fortunate to have Dr. Krummenacher as my surgeon. His staff is also very professional and efficient.
in St Louis, MO |
Due to his skilled operation on my elbow , it has returned to be like newcondition. Answers all questions, very little waiting time for appointments, excellent follow up after operation while in hospital and after released.
in Webster Groves, MO |
Dr. Krummenacher effectively communicated details about my hand injury including treatment options and prognosis for recovery. His informative and supportive communication style was much appreciated!
in St Louis, MO |
Dear Dr. Krummenacher, I want to thank you for everything you have done for me before, during and after my surgery. You are a amazingly incredible doctor and more importantly you are a incredible person. You have treated me as a unique individual and have given me the time and care that helped me get through my surgery and recovery. You did a great job on my wrist. I am Blessed that you were referred to me by my families best friend.With Sincere Gratification to you and your wonderful staff!
in Chesterfield, MO |
Excellent! Dr. Krummenacher and his staff should be commended! I appreciate the care and consideration given to me through this whole process (I had surgery on my right wrist). Every single person I worked with was extremely professional and performed their job duties well. Sometimes in this day and age that can be rare for every single person to be excellent. It was very comforting to be cared for by very talented people! I would certainly give me recommendation! Thank you very much!
St Louis, MO |
Great doc! Very friendly, listened to my symptoms attentively, diagnosed problem, answered all questions thoroughly and presented conservative and more aggressive therapies so I felt comfortable with my decision. Staff was excellent as well!
in Wildwood, MO |
Dr. Krummenacher was extremely professional the entire time I was seeing him for an arm injury, he was always prompt and on time when I had appointments which was important as I frequently scheduled my appointments during my lunch hour from work.
Chesterfield, MO |
Got us in for surgery very quickly after an orthopedist missed a ruptured ligament. Incredibly patient, thorough, great with my teenage daughter. Amazing bedside manner. Talked me through the procedure beforehand at length and could tell my daughter was anxious on surgery day. Spent an astonishing amount of time with my daughter on the day of her surgery to ensure she was as comfortable as possible prior to the procedure. Follow ups were quick, thorough and easy.
Have you seen Dr. Tyler Krummenacher, MD?
Are you Dr. Krummenacher?

Compare Dr. Krummenacher

Dr. Krummenacher says...

Dr. Krummenacher's Care Philosophy

Dr. Krummenacher treats disorders of the hands, wrists, forearms, elbow and shoulders. Not all problems require surgery. The majority of his patients are managed with a course of splinting, therapy, injections and medications.  Dr. Krummenacher is well versed in both non-operative and surgical care of all disorders of the hand, wrist, forearm, elbow and shoulder. He treats all types of Upper Extremity Conditions including arthritis, trauma, fractures, nerve compression, hand and wrist deformities, infections and tumors, occupational injuries, sports injuries, and fingertip injuries, as well as revision of previous surgeries.  The hand is one of the most intricate and flexible structures in the human body, unsurpassed in sensitivity, mobility and strength. Care of the hand requires specialized attention – the type of attention that Dr. Krummenacher provides.

Dr. Krummenacher's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Orthopedic Hand Surgery
  •  No board certification on record with Healthgrades
  •  Malpractice claims in Missouri not available

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Missouri.

• Avulsion Fracture
  • Elbow Bursitis
  • Elbow Fracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Extra-Articular Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Gout
  • Hand Fracture
  • Intra-Articular Fracture
  • Joint Fracture
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Osteoarthritis of Elbow

Cv Starr, Mount Sinai St. Luke's-Roosevelt New York, Ny

Completed in 2015

Notre Dame

Graduated in 2005

Dr. Krummenacher does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Krummenacher and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Ligament Reconstruction and Tendon Interposition (LRTI) for the Thumb
  • Nerve Release
  • Neuroplasty
  • Peripheral Nerve Decompression
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Radial Styloidectomy