Dr. Tushar Patel, MD

Dr. Tushar Patel, MD

Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery  |
Male
Dr. Tushar Patel, MD is a cosmetic & reconstructive surgery doctor who practices in Shrewsbury, NJ. He has been practicing for 18 years. Read his story

535 Sycamore Ave

Shrewsbury, NJ 07702

• Amerihealth
  • EmblemHealth
  • Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Highmark Blue Cross Blue Shield
  • Horizon Blue Cross Blue Shield of New Jersey

Learn about Dr. Patel

See how frequently Dr. Patel performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Skin and Tissue Reduction
Skin Grafts
Cancer

Dr. Patel's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Patel's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Patel "Dr. Tushar Patel is double board certified in plastic surgery and general surgery by the American Board of Plastic Surgery and the American Board of Surgery. He is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons (FACS) and a member of the American Society of Plastic Surgeons. Dr. Patel is a specialist in reconstruction after cancer surgery and traumatic injury. His exceptional microsurgery training enables him to perform the most sophisticated reconstructive procedures to treat facial and extremity deformities, as well as breast reconstruction. Dr. Patel is an expert in DIEP (perforator) flap and muscle-sparing TRAM flap for breast reconstruction as well as in orbital decompression for Graves' Ophthalmopathy. For more information, please visit http://www.looknatural.com/tushar-patel-md/"

• Cosmetic & Reconstructive Surgery

• Head and Neck Surgery
  • Lip, Excision or Resection
  • Liposuction
  • Nipple Reconstruction
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Post Bariatric Weight Loss Surgery
  • Repair of Brow Ptosis and Blepharoptosis
  • Repair of Pigmentation Defect
  • Skin Grafts
  • Skin and Tissue Reduction
  • Wound Repair

No malpractice history found for New Jersey.

• Umdnj--Robert Wood Johnson Medical School
    Medical School | Graduated 1999
  • Robt Wood Johnson University Hospital UMDNJ Robt Wood Johnson
    Internship Hospital | Completed 2003
  • Robt Wood Johnson University Hospital UMDNJ Robt Wood Johnson
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • University Tx Health Scis Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Patel has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Patel does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Patel and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Patel's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Patel to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Patel's Performance
in Brooklyn, NY |
I recently had a wonderful experience with Dr. Patel and his staff. I had a painful cyst removed on my arm. Without hesitation, he removed it pain free in the office. My arm has since healed and looks great. Thank you Dr. Patel!
I STRONGLY suggest you don't not go see him. He demonstrates lack of interest in his patients. He needs better listening skills. Don't waste your time or money. You'll feel rushed and just another $ sign to him. He's always in a rush to see his next patients. It feels like his interest are more in the amount of patients seen than the quality of care he gives you. He doesn't have good people skills. Some of his staff is cold & unfriendly as well. The experience with him will turn into a nightmare
We sincerely apologize for any dissatisfaction your felt while visiting The Plastic Surgery Center. Our goal is to always provide the greatest care and customer service to all our patients. If you would like to discuss further and to better serve you, feel free to contact the office at any time. We wish you all the best.
in Jackson NJ |
Dr. Patel was the first Dr. I met with when I decided to do a tummy tuck and breast augmentation. I knew right away from talking with him that he was the Dr. I was going to go with. He is so kind, compassionate, understanding, takes time to explain everything to you & not to mention gave me impeccable results. His nurses and staff are also all amazing . Love love love him and would recommend him to family and close friends 100% Thank you Dr. Patel for changing my life and making me feel so good
in Cherry Hill, NJ |
Dr. Patel is an excellent physician with a wonderful bedside manner with his patients . He is very careful to be considerate of the care and comfort if his patients. . I would recommend him 100%!!!
in Somerset, NJ |
I have recommended Dr. Patel to my immediate family and close friends. After seeing the work he had done for my father, which was medically necessary and seeing his attentiveness during his post op visits I was comfortable with having surgery with Dr. Patel. His staff is friendly and informative and always willing to bring me in if I had any other questions or concerns. I will continue to recommend him.
Asbury Park, NJ |
Dr. Patel is wonderful! He is so kind and knowledgeable. The staff is so friendly, always a pleasure when I'm there.
Brooklyn, NY |
Dr. Patel and his team are exceptional! Went over everything with me thoroughly and felt extremely comfortable with my care in his hands. I would recommend to all my friends and family!
in Wall, nj |
Dr Patel and his staff are amazing!! They take the time to answer any questions or concerns no matter how small they may be. Dr Patel made me feel at ease from the first time I met him! He has trustworthy and gentle way about him that made me fell %100 about proceeding with my procedure. The after care and outcome from my procedures are everything I could have hoped for.
in Caldwell, NJ |
Never woul I recommend this doctor to anyone ! I'm filling a personal injury claim against this so called Doctor ! I'm scarred and deformed for life because of the procedure that he recommended , knowing ahead of time of my future cancer treatments . I only saw him two times after. My life was in danger and I did not understand the procedure he tried to explain to me in 30 minutes. After the enormous amount of money my Insurance paid to him, the office still sends me bills. He is money hungry
Thank you for bringing your situation to our attention. At The Plastic Surgery Center, we take all patient issues seriously. We encourage you to contact us at your earliest convenience for we strive to ensure that all of our patients are satisfied. We deeply apologize for any hardship you may have encountered and wish you well.
East Brunswick, NJ |
I had a surgical procedure with Dr. Patel. Was told by him and his staff erroneous information about the recovery which was and still is horrible. Afterwards he and his staff were not caring and frankly unprofessional to my phone calls and office visits. I will always be left with problems from this surgery. I would never recommend him to anyone especially because I worked for physicians for 35 years and know how caring doctors should be towards their patients. He is not one of them.
in Middletown, NJ |
Dr Patel treated me in the ER. He was called in because of a laceration to my wrist and the ER doctor recommended a hand specialist. Dr Peatel was called in and diagnosed a lacerated tendon. He sutured the tendon and the laceration on my wrist. This took Dr. Patel about 20 minutes. He then billed my insurance over $24,000.00 for this procedure because he is an out of network provider. The women in his office was nasty and harassed me for money. He should be ashamed of himself !!!!
Manasquan, NJ |
I had a 15 minute consult to learn that he had no experience for what I needed and I was charged $471 ($1884 per hour). I was told prior to my visit that it was covered by my insurance, which refused to pay. They could have told me on the phone that he cannot do the procedure.
Have you seen Dr. Tushar Patel, MD?

Visit Dr. Patel