Dr. Tuan Nguyen, MD

General Surgery ·  Male · Age 63

Dr. Nguyen

Shriners Hospital For Children

3101 SW Sam Jackson Park Rd Portland, OR 97239

Dr. Tuan Nguyen, MD is a general surgery specialist in Portland, OR and has been practicing for 22 years. He graduated from Texas Tech University School Of Medicine in 1989 and specializes in general surgery and cosmetic, plastic & reconstructive surgery.

Dr. Nguyen accepts

No malpractice claims found for Oregon

Check Dr. Nguyen's experience treating your condition or procedure

3.3

Dr. Nguyen?
Dr. Nguyen's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Tuan Nguyen, MD
Dr Nguyen did chest reconstruction surgery for me and it was awful. He performed a peri-areolar surgery when a I had a C cup. It took 6 weeks to heal with open wounds that stretched up to 1 1/2inches in places surrounding my areolas. There was profuse puckering around these scars that extended out another couple of inches. In addition the tissue that was left was “lumpy” with irregular fat deposits. It is not common practice for surgeons to perform this type of surgery (for FTM/N chest reconstruction) with a breast size more than A because the results are not desirable. Dr Nguyen told me he had developed a new technique that would heed desirable results, with possible revision necessary. I chose to never get a revision from him because around the same time, within a month of my surgery, he also did reconstruction on a friend with very bad results, irregular nipples that were long and pointed in different directions. I had to have the entire surgery again, as a double incision.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tuan Nguyen, MD?
Dr. Nguyen took care of a couple spots that needed to be shaved off, and he did a great job. Super honest. Does what he says, and says what he does.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tuan Nguyen, MD?
Dr. Nguyen is caring and committed surgeon. He is easy to work with and has excellent results. I cant recommend him enough.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tuan Nguyen, MD?
Had FFS done with this surgeon. Surgery made no difference, left bad scarring and sinus issues. Steer clear!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tuan Nguyen, MD?
I had a breast reduction April 2015, needless to say I'm left with horrific scars. I had to have a second surgery on the left breast in June 2015. I had a hole where my nipple would be, I had nipple necrosis. He told me I was perfectly fine at every appointment I went too. I'm left with scars and fat necrosis in my left breast. I have no nipple and a deformed breast. Worst experience ever.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tuan Nguyen, MD?
Went to Dr. Nguyen for FFS, results of every procedure were very disappointing. He said he specialized in this work but another surgeon who actually does told me he was upset to hear that Dr. Nguyen was performing these procedures, for which he's not qualified. I would recommend spending the extra money to find a more competent and qualified surgeon for gender affirming facial surgery. I spent a lot of money and really don't look any more feminine and have permanent scars and disfigurements.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tuan Nguyen, MD?
I have had numerous procedures performed by Dr. Nguyen since 2005. I am 6 days out from a liposuction procedure and couldn't be more pleased, He is meticulous with his procedures and aftercare. He is honest and gives you all the facts regarding the reality of plastic surgery. I have never been disappointed. I would recommend him to anyone !!! Love Russann too, his lovely office manager!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tuan Nguyen, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Nguyen?