Dr. Troy Thompson, MD

Dr. Troy Thompson, MD

Family Medicine  |
15 reviews

• Priority Health

The patient's concerns are of first importance. A patient's experience--often a constellation of health problems or physical suffering--occurs in an emotional context. I try to look through the lenses my patient wears, so I can help put their trouble in perspective and then help them determine both the impact and the meaning of their situation. Being a physician is surely one of the greatest professions in the world. In a patients' time of need, I am invited to join in their story and try to help. It is meaningful work, worthy of hard study and my best continuing effort.Read more

Personal Bio

Dr. Thompson's Experience

See how Dr. Thompson's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Thompson

Dr. Thompson accepts 6 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Thompson has admitting privileges.

Dr. Thompson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Thompson to family and friends
3.9
Dr. Thompson's Performance
Stevensville, MI |
He tries to be a psychiatrist but does not know what he is doing plus it's not his specialty. Also RNs and staff does not know what medications are or what diagnosis are. Staff including Dr Thompson will not be honest with patients. This former patient caught him being dishonest and he claims he's tried all the meds he's pushing. The entire office is understaffed as well as poor service provided. Very sad because Dr. Thompson use to be a good doctor!
in Lansing, MI |
For decades I battled Fibromyalgia, Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome, Sjogrens, RA and Chronic Fatigue, with no relief. I moved to St. Joseph in 2012. I sought a primary care giver and began seeing a wonderful NP in Dr. Thompson's practice. When I was experiencing a major, debilitating flare of all of the conditions I listed above, she referred me to Dr. Thompson. For the first time in my life I have a doctor who understands and is able to help me. I have since moved, and now drive 138 miles to see him.
in Saint Joseph, MI |
Dr. Thompson is personable and asks lifestyle questions in order to try to discover all possible contributors to my specific situation. With some of the modifications he suggested, my knee and back problems have virtually gone away. I feel better than I have in years.
Have you seen Dr. Troy Thompson, MD?
Are you Dr. Thompson?

Compare Dr. Thompson

More Family Practitioners like Dr. Thompson at Southwestern Medical Clinic

Dr. Thompson says...

I have been married since 1991, raised 5 kids: a daughter and son naturally born in 1996 and 1998, and 3 internationally adopted kids, all born in 2002! Our family is a huge variety pack of humanity, which has helped me grow as a person and as a physician.

I have run 6 marathons, the fastest being 3:05 when I was 43. I continue to run hard and lift weights, but I THINK I'm done with marathons!

I am a Christian. I hope that I demonstrate the principle of caring for my patient as I would care for myself: with excellence, compassion, and perseverance.

Finally, I am trying to write. (This is no simple undertaking.) I have a story to tell from my childhood and from my long battle with fibromyalgia. My hope is that my story will inspire many to overcome their suffering, and to find help sooner rather than later.

Dr. Thompson's Care Philosophy

Dr. Thompson says...

I treat adults, primarily, in the whole spectrum of primary care. I used to deliver babies, see infants and young children, and do hospital admissions and rounding. But with the changes in healthcare and the complexity of modern medicine, I have changed over to out-patient work. I still see some children, especially for ADHD, depression, and so forth. The most common disease processes I manage are hypertension, diabetes, coronary artery disease, COPD and asthma, depression, ADHD, and chronic pain, including fibromyalgia. I am completely devoted to the proper care of all my patients: to understanding all their important issues, to pursuing their maximum health, to avoiding accidental harm, to avoiding wasted expense, to ordering proper tests and referrals as needed.

Dr. Thompson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Family Medicine
  •  Board certified in Family Practice
  •  Malpractice claims in Michigan not available

Dr. Thompson has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Michigan.

Why It Matters: Dr. Thompson's Board Certifications

• Family Practice

• ADHD and-or ADD
  • Adult Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Allergies
  • Asthma
  • Attention Deficit Disorder (ADD)
  • Attention Problems
  • Injuries
  • Menopause
  • Pneumonia
  • Rheumatoid Arthritis-Related Fibromyalgia
  • Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)

Wayne State University

Graduated in 1995

Hillcrest Medical Center
    Hillcrest Medical Center

Dr. Thompson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Thompson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Abscess Incision and Drainage