Dr. Troy Schmidt, MD

Dr. Troy Schmidt, MD

Gastroenterology  |
Dr. Troy Schmidt, MD is a gastroenterology doctor who practices in Fort Worth, TX. He is 47 years old and has been practicing for 20 years. Dr. Schmidt is affiliated with Medical City Alliance.

9509 N Beach St Ste 101

Fort Worth, TX 76244

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas

Learn about Dr. Schmidt

See how frequently Dr. Schmidt performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Abdominal Disorders
Constipation
Heartburn

Dr. Schmidt's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Gastroenterology

• Gallstones
  • Gas-Bloat Syndrome
  • Gastric Ulcer
  • Gastritis
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Bleeding
  • Viral Hepatitis
  • Vomiting Disorders
  • Whipple's Disease

• Colonoscopy, Proctosigmoidoscopy, and Sigmoidoscopy
  • Endoscopy (Esophagus, Stomach, Small Intestine)
  • Gastroenterology Procedures
  • Liver Biopsy
  • Manometry

• U Of Tx Southwestern Med Sch At Dallas
    Medical School | Graduated 1997

Dr. Schmidt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schmidt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schmidt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schmidt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schmidt to family and friends
Dr. Schmidt's Performance
Colleyville, TX |
Dr. Schmidt is very knowledgeable in the management of complex gastroenterological complications. From his skilled and patient in-depth interviews, he correlated my array of symptoms to initiate a wellness course of action. Compassion and analytical is a rare mix. I would recommend Dr. Schmidt to family and friends.
in Fort Worth, TX. |
Dr. Schmidt is excellent. You can tell he really cares about his patients and he listens and doesn't rush the visit. Highly recommend him and his office.
in Saginaw, TX |
Dr. Schmidt, spent a long time with me on my first appointment gathering my medical concerns. I felt that he displayed a genuine desire to provide excellent care. I feel confident that Dr. Schmidt will help me overcome the medical issues I have with outstanding professional care.
in Desdemona,TX |
I saw Dr. Schmidt after many years of pain with with gastric issues. He was thorough and took the time to discover issues in my past that could change my diagnosis possibly changing the treatment. I highly recommend Dr. Schmidt to anyone needing a doctor for gastric problems.
in Ft Worth, TX |
Dr. Schmidt is one of the best doctors I have ever been to in my life for anything. He is easy to talk to. He knows what questions to ask, and listens to what you have to say. He is very thorough, and will not be satisfied until you are satisfied with the results. He doesn't just try the new drugs that the pharmaceutical companies are pushing. If he feels there is an older, tried and true drug that will work better, he'll offer it and tell you why he thinks you'll get better results.
in Mid-Cities |
Above average experience from the greetings at the front desk to the scheduling of procedure. Dr Schmidt is thorough and has a great personality. He spent a lot of time with me, asking many questions, asking for clarifications on some of my answers etc. His nurse was great also, showing respect not only to me as a patient, but also for Dr. Schmidt... which was very nice to witness.
Keller, TX |
I found Dr Schmidt to be refreshingly easy to talk to. He not only answers questions and explains things, he takes his time, doesn't rush, and LISTENS.
Dallas, TX |
Top notch communication skills.
in Keller, TX |
I am very happy to be a patient of Dr. Troy Schmidt and I have recommended him to my husband. I first met him in 2016 when I had an emergency situation and ended up in the emergency room. Fortunately for me, they asked Dr. Schmidt to come in and take care of me. At the time I was living in Tennessee and just visiting here in the Ft. Worth/Keller area. My husband and I have moved here and I am very pleased to be Dr. Schmidt's patient on a regular basis.
Keller, TX |
Very empathetic, he listened to me, very knowledgeable, provided clear explanations. I highly recommend him to anyone seeking a gastroenterologist!
in Bedford, TX |
I found the service exceptional. Everybody took time to answer all my questions. Everything happened before the scheduled time. I was in and out in a very timely manner. Not your normal doctors office.
Ft Worth, TX |
Very Friendly.. ask lots of information so he can determine your problem .Very Professional.
Keller, TX |
I wish all doctors were like Dr. Schmidt!
in Bedford, TX |
I have been to a few doctors for the proper diagnosis of the life-long stomach issues I have had. Dr. Schmidt, has been the most knowledgeable and helpful in the path to understanding the root cause. Highly recommended!
in Fort Worth , TX |
Dr Schmidt was recommended to me by a highly regarded colon surgeon I was patient of and I am very happy I was given the recommendation. Dr. Schmidt is a very caring, extremely thorough and patient physician. He really listens thoroughly to all symptoms and is very knowledgeable. I also appreciate his expertise with all procedures such as EGD etc. I trust and highly recommend Dr Schmidt without hesitation to anyone who needs a gastroenterologist.
Ft Worth, TX |
Great doctor. Felt he was very thorough. Horrible business/claims office personnel. Never called me regarding my lab work or procedure. Had to call to find out results and took forever to get an answer. Had difficulty with the billing/claims people. Over billed and had to fight to get my payments credited to my account. Still trying to get it all worked out. He needs to go some where they have a credible billing/claims department personnel.
Have you seen Dr. Troy Schmidt, MD?
Are you Dr. Schmidt?