Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD

Obstetrics & GynecologyFemaleAge 55

Obstetrics & Gynecology

Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD is a Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialist in Santa Monica, CA and has over 27 years of experience in the medical field. She graduated from University of Southern California / Keck School of Medicine medical school in 1995. She is affiliated with medical facilities Providence Saint John's Health Center and UCLA Santa Monica Medical Center. Her office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD

Tristan Emily Bickman MD

1304 15th St Ste 213 Santa Monica, CA 90404 ()
Telehealth services available

Telehealth available

Compare with other Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists

Compare Dr. Bickman with our nearby Obstetrics & Gynecology Specialists at Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Filter by
Provider Ratings

These providers are on the medical staff of Ronald Reagan UCLA Medical Center.

Dr. Bickman's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Bickman

4.1

2.797202797202797%
2.097902097902098%
19.58041958041958%

Dr. Bickman

Ill Bedside Manor, Not Informative
I will share some stories from my experience during my wife's first pregnancy. Checking in and wait time, the longest we have waited to see the doctor was nearly 2 hours, the shortest wait time was about 40 minutes. Dr. Bickman claims to pride herself on the fact that she builds a “personal relationship”, at 37 weeks pregnant she had never once asked my name and I have been to every appointment. It being our first pregnancy we had many questions, but they were never met with any answers or explanation, always “don’t worry about it” or “don’t overthink it”. In our second trimester upon checking in we learned we would now be paying $400 per trimester for this "white glove service". My wife planed to deliver unmedicated with limited intervention, which we told Dr. Bickman and her only response to our birth plan was "don't overthink it". Our Doula explained from past experience working with Dr. B that is not the case and she would not likely respect our wishes.
May 13, 2022
Great doctor, terrible practice
Pros: same and next day appointments, evening appointments after normal work hours, Dr. Bickman seems like a competent doctor Cons: hidden $360 administrative fee, attitude from front desk, filing paperwork incorrectly, long wait times, seems profit driven Look elsewhere. Seriously. Dr. Bickman herself is fine. In the 40 or so minutes I spent with her over two appointments, she seemed highly competent and concerned for my well-being. She is a skilled doctor who made me feel comfortable during my exams. My problem, however, is with the way she runs her practice. I just moved to town and didn’t have a regular gyno. I needed an emergency IUD removal and just scheduled with the first doctor covered by my insurance that would take me the next day. I scheduled online with ease, but got a call saying they needed to reschedule to a later time slot on the same day the first appointment was scheduled - fine, totally understandable. Then another call rescheduling again to the next day - ann
Apr 29, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
I am not one to leave bad reviews but when something like this happens it HAS to be done. I honestly don't know how they are still in business. We called their office around 20 times (no exaggeration) for a prior authorization and they have yet to do it, BUT THAT'S NOT IT. When we finally went into the office to ask, the front desk said "We don't do prior authorizations". This was after months of them telling us they were taking care of it. Not having this necessary medication for 3+ months has seriously messed body patterns up. Run, RUN FAR AWAY.
Jan 19, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
STAY AWAY. Showed up to my confirmed appointment and no one was at the office, not even a person answering calls. After 15 minutes of waiting outside a person working in the building called the doctor and said she was unable to come in today. No communication from her- nothing. Completely disrespectful and terrible customer treatment
Sep 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
Dr. Bickman had terrible bedside manner. As a first time expectant mother I was nervous and had plenty of questions, none of which were met with compassion or caring; it was clear she was busy, and I was already taking up too much of her time at 5 minutes, after I waited 45 minutes to see her. During our visit she told me that she would email me a list of prenatal vitamins. Never did, fine, I have the internet. The day after our first visit I started to have cramping and bleeding and I immediately called the office, she wasn’t there, fine. The receptionist reluctantly gave me her email. I emailed her to tell her and ask if this was normal during the first 5 weeks of my first pregnancy, no response. Now a day later at 6:30pm I have been bleeding and cramping now 36 hours, and thanks to google have determined I’m having a miscarriage, because the doctor has yet to return my email or call me back.
Aug 14, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
STAY AWAY FOR YOUR HEALTH. The worst experience with a doctor of my life. She said I was fine after being examined. I made her check again twice until finally she agreed I wasn’t ok and had to have a procedure. I’ve never had to advocate for myself so hard with a doctor. Utter negligence. She also couldn’t provide me with any data about the issue I was having. My 28 year old friend in med school was more knowledgeable on the matter than her. I also waited over an hour past my appointment each time I went in. She has the audacity to say to me “if you were my daughter” when giving me medical advice. I’m 29. Disrespectful, bad at practicing medicine, all around unacceptable.
Sarah B. – Jun 09, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
I've come in twice now. Both times I feel extremely rushed. The staff doesn't read or even skim my patient sheet before and I have to repeat myself 3 times. They also never called back about FOUR different test results, until I called despite at least one of the results being abnormal. I only found out because I called to follow up about something else, and the receptionist/nurse said I needed a follow-up. Then they tried to bill all kinds of stuff to my insurance.
Jun 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
I would never recommend Dr. Bickman to any pregnant woman looking for an OBGYN that will make her feel valued and respected. I chose Dr. Bickman for my prenatal care influenced by all the rave reviews about her but my experience with her and her practice was nothing short of awful. I had to wait 1.5-2 hours to be seen by her EVERY SINGLE TIME despite having an appointment and arriving on time. Her practice allows for multiple appointment to be booked at the same time as the sign up sheet indicates, which probably explains the excruciating delays. The wait was made worse by having to sit all that time in a small and crowded room with no proper ventilation during the worst of the Covid-19 outbreak. The alternative to wait outside in the cold during all that time did not make me feel any safer. Once I was finally seen by her, the process felt rushed and I didn't experience the warm demeanor described by other women. When I finally decided to transfer to another OBGYN halfway through my pr
May 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
Summary: she's horrible and negligent and almost cost me long term illness. I had an appointment and she didn't get back to me on any of my results. I kept waiting and nothing. I called 2 weeks after and they said she'd call me back at 3pm and that they couldn't give me my results. She never called so I called back a couple hours later and they said they booked her to call me at 7pm and I begged for my results, the receptionist said everything was exactly average and fine. No call again at 7pm so I called one more time and she answered very angry and irritated and tried to rush me off the phone before realizing I have a serious issue. She said my results were NOT fine which I would never know if I had believed the receptionist and said to email her right now. I did and got no response in the morning, a week later when i followed up, and 2 weeks follow up. Had to go to a new gyno and found out i has a serious issue. She's evil and greedy. Almost cost me my life.
Feb 02, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
Used a lab that is out of network that she has a financial interest in. She also sent us a bill for the visit copay after we already paid it in the office. A simple $45 visit became $335 simply because of her greed. Beware!
Ava Monroze – Oct 14, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
I can’t recommend Dr. Bickman enough. I am new to LA and had been looking for a new OBGYN, so I decided to see Dr. Bickman after reading all of the other glowing comments about her. Scheduling was very easy, and I was able to get an appointment for my annual exam within a week. At the appointment itself, Dr. Bickman was very friendly and knowledgeable, and she really took the time to get to know me, to listen to my medical history and concerns, and to provide quality care. I will definitely be back!
Jul 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
Do not go here. Dr. Tristan Bickman has no respect for her patients. I've seen her twice and both times had a bad experience. The first time she made me wait 1 hour for my appointment, and then saw me for 10 minutes and that was it. The second time I went to her office, I was informed that she was also running at least 1 hour behind, so I told them I couldn't stay and left--a woman, one of her patients, followed me outside and vented to me that she was so frustrated with Dr. Bickman also, because it was like that every time she went there. I went back the next day and finally had my appointment, after waiting for at least 30 minutes. This was two weeks ago. She did a culture and I STILL didn't get the results back. I called her office when it had been 1 week and they told me they'd get back to me and never did. It's completely absurd. I also requested an IUD and I still haven't heard anything about it. Overall a really bad experience. I will not be returning.
Oct 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr. Bickman. She is experienced, kind, compassionate, and a great communicator. Her office offers convenient hours, a clean waiting room, and friendly front desk staff. She went above and beyond to make me feel comfortable and feel like my health concerns were being heard and addressed. I highly recommend Dr. Bickman!
Colleen – Oct 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
Dr Bickman is amazing. I completely agree with all the positive reviews. She is smart, kind and competent. She has taken care of me for years for my annual exams and issues and now she has just delivered my first baby. She was amazing. It was the best experience I could have ever imagined. She took great care of me and my daughter. She listened to me every step of the way and made sure I was safe and my baby was safe too. She is one of the few doctors left who actually cares about her patients. It is clear she is passionate about what she does so well. She sees you every visit and does your delivery too! Almost non-existent now with healthcare. If you want a doctor that is medically superior and actually cares about her patients too then see Dr Bickman. You will be so happy you did!
Sep 13, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
Dr Bickman is the best ever. I started seeing her right out of college when I moved to LA and over the past 15 years she has really become like family to my husband and I. When I got pregnant he started coming to my appts with me and he loves her as much as I do. She delivered our first baby last year and we could not have been more thrilled with the experience. She’s calming and so easy to talk to and really helped us through the entire process. She gives each patient her full attention and makes you feel like you are in the best hands (and you are!). I live on the east side and drive across the entire city to see her. She's worth every minute I spend fighting traffic to get there! I can’t recommend her more highly.
Jamie Braverman – Aug 30, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
Dr Bickman is outstanding. She is thorough and thoughtful. She listens very well to me at each visit and genuinely cares for her patients and their health. She delivered my baby and I couldn't have felt safer. She is very knowledgeable and very well respected in her community. Her bedside manner is kind and compassionate. If you want a practice with a doctor that you will see the same every time, that gets to know you and treats you like a friend, the go see Dr Bickman. You will love her!! I can't wait to have another baby just so I can go see her again!
Aug 23, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
Dr Bickman is a wonderful doctor. I have been seeing her for many years. She is the only doctor I will go to. I wish she could do everything for me. She is one of the only doctors that actually listens to me and takes a good history. She is thorough and experienced and gentle and kind. She has helped me with my problem and I am so grateful to Dr Bickman for her outstanding care. If you want a doctor who actual cares and listens to you, the go see Dr Bickman. You won't be disappointed.
Jul 25, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
I have only great things to say about Dr Bickman. She has helped me immensely and changed my life. She is experienced and bright and attentive. She is thorough and misses nothing. Dr Bickman is also very sweet and gentle. I highly recommend her! If you want experienced and nice and thoughtful and highly respected, go see Dr Bickman, you won't regret it!
Jul 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
Dr Bickman is wonderful. She took care of me for over a year, helping me get pregnant and delivering my baby. I couldn't have done any of it without her. I am forever grateful to her and her impeccable care. She is safe, smart and professional. You can tell she loves her job and is very passionate. Her bedside manner is kind, gentle, caring and thorough. I highly recommend Dr Bickman if you want excellent medical care with a doctor who is also friendly and attentive.
Jul 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?
Dr Bickman is wonderful. I transferred to her half way through my pregnancy, on the recommendation of many friends. I wish I had listened to them sooner. She is smart, and nice and patient. She answered all my questions and always took her time with me. I had a perfect labor and delivery. She made sure that my baby was safe and I was too. I am so grateful to Dr Bickman. Her confidence and competence really showed through at the hospital. I am so grateful she was there for me. I highly recommend Dr Bickman. She is the best!
sidney in los angeles, CA – Jun 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tristan Bickman, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Bickman?