Dr. Tracy Callister, MD

Dr. Tracy Callister, MD

Cardiology  |

Dr. Tracy Callister, MD is a cardiology doctor who practices in Hendersonville, TN. He is 65 years old and has been practicing for 38 years. Dr. Callister is affiliated with Tristar Hendersonville Medical Center, Northcrest Medical Center, Sumner Regional Medical Center and Macon County General Hospital.

Tennessee Heart and Vascular Institute

353 New Shackle Island Rd Ste 300C

Hendersonville, TN 37075

• Amerigroup (Wellpoint)
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
  • Cigna-HealthSpring
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
  • Medicaid of Tennessee
  • One Health
  • PHCS
  • Private HealthCare Systems

Learn about Dr. Callister

Video

See how frequently Dr. Callister performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Hypotension
Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
Hyperlipidemia

Dr. Callister's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Cardiology

• Cardiomyopathy
  • Cardiovascular Disease
  • Carotid Artery Disease
  • Chest Pain
  • Chronic Pulmonary Heart Diseases (incl. Pulmonary Hypertension)
  • Congenital Heart Defects
  • Congenital Heart Disease
  • Congestive Heart Failure
  • Coronary Artery Aneurysm
  • Coronary Artery Disease (CAD)
  • Endocarditis
  • Heart Attack (Acute Myocardial Infarction)
  • Heart Disease
  • Hypertensive Heart and Chronic Kidney Disease
  • Hypotension
  • Limb Swelling
  • Limb Swelling Caused by Fluid Overload
  • Lipidoses (incl. Gaucher Disease)
  • Mitral Valve Disease

• 24-Hour Ambulatory Electrocardiogram
  • Angiography
  • Angioplasty
  • Balloon Angioplasty
  • CT Scan (Computed Tomography)
  • Cardiac Catheterization (incl. Coronary Angiography)
  • Cardiac Electrophysiology
  • Cardiac Imaging
  • Cardiac MRI (Magnetic Resonance Imaging) of Heart or Chest
  • Cardiac Myocardial Perfusion Imaging
  • Cardiovascular Stress Test
  • Cardioversion, Elective
  • Cardioverter-Defibrillator or Pacemaker Insertion, Removal or Repair
  • Chest CT (incl. Heart and Lungs)
  • Coronary Angiogram
  • Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy and Stent
  • Coronary Stenting
  • Echocardiogram Interpretation
  • Echocardiography
  • Electrocardiogram (EKG)
  • Insertion of Left Ventricular Lead for Pacemaker or Cardioverter and-or Defibrillator
  • Non-Coronary Angioplasty, Atherectomy, and Stenting
  • Tilt Testing or Cardiac Event Monitors
  • Ultrasound
  • Vascular Duplex Ultrasonography and Plethysmography
  • Volume CT Scan

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University of California
    Medical School | Graduated 1979
  • Lds Hospital Salt Lake City Ut
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Lds Hospital Salt Lake City Ut
  • University of Vermont Medical Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Callister has no media or publications listed.

• Danish
  • Finnish
  • Swedish

Dr. Callister does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Callister and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Callister's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Callister to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Callister's Performance
in Hendersonville, TN |
I was recommended by a friend to see Dr Callister when I moved here from TX. He is compassionate, concerned and very friendly, His bedside manner is A+ you can’t find a better Cardiologist in my option.
in Nashville, TN |
i would refer all my family to Dr. Callister. he is a very patient man and explains things on a patients level not above your head. He does not rush through the appointment seems very kind and very knowledgeable.
in Hendersonville, TN |
As far as I am concerned he is the best heart doctor in TN and is very caring ,he also tells you how things are he doesn't sugar coat it but is very kind in telling you the truth .My husband hs been a patient since "02 and I have been a patient for a few years now.I would tell anyone to see him if they want the best care he can give but most of all he is such a caring person.All the things below are true of the office and staff,they know me by name
in Hendersonville |
I've been going to Dr Callister for many years. He is an amazing Dr and I trust him 100% with my life. I recommend him to everyone Who needs a great cardiologist. He is amazing. Thank you Dr Callister, GODs blessings on u, always. Donna Albin
100% likely
Springfield, TN |
Dr. Callister took time to listen to my complains/experience. He presented himself to have all the time to listen to me. Proceeded to explain symptoms using current popular phrases . He showed empathy and expressed assurance. provided detailed explanation of options available in case of further deterioration of symptoms.
in Cedar Hill, TN |
Dr. Callister is my husband's and my cardiologist. Dr. Callister represents what is best in a doctor/patient relationship. Thorough exams, concise and clear explanations and the ability to listen and understand what the patient does and hopes to do. Dr. Callister is definately the cardiologist we recommend and see for our cardiology needs.
in Westmoreland, TN |
Dr. Callister is one of the best Doctors I have ever had. He takes time to explain things clearly. He is very clear with his instructions to his patients. He is openly concerned about his patients as well as his patients concerns. He is also a very intelligent man. I would (and have) recommend him to anyone.
in Hendersonville, TN |
Dr Callister just inserted my pacemaker which appears to be working well.. No pain, incision healing nicely. Dr Callister is a very knowledgeable, patient centered cardiologist whom I would highly recommend .for problems of the heart or vascular system..
Portland, TN |
Dr. Callister is very compassionate and listens to my concerns.
in JOELTON, TN |
BEST DR. EVER !!!!!!!!! HE SAVED MY LIFE.
in Ashland City, TN |
Dr Callister, is absolutely fantastic. He takes the time to listen to you and puts you at ease!
in Hendersonville, TN |
I highly recommend Dr. Callister. His brilliance and experience are second to none. He listens to his patient's concerns and has a gift for putting their minds at ease. When you leave his office you leave with confidence that you have a physician that cares about your well being.
Franklin, KY |
Dr. Callister has been my cardiologist since 2012. I highly recommend him to anyone who needs a cardiologist. His staff is vey friendly, helpful, ad customer oriented.. Dr. Callister shows concern for his patients, taking time to answer their questions, ensuring they completely understand their diagnosis. My family was also quite impressed with him when I was evaluated and had be sent for a bypass. He is also the cardiologist for my 90 year young uncle I take to appointments.
in Hendersonville, TN |
Dr. Callister provides information about your condition in a professional manner with firmness yet with a personal touch.
in Springfield, TN |
I will definitely be recommending Dr. Callister to my family and friends. He is kind knowledgeable and thorough.
Hendersonville, TN |
Dr. Callister explains things very well and succinctly. I have all confidence in him.
Hendersonville, TN |
Doctor Callister is a great guy and knowledgeable Doctor.He is direct and to the point.
in Portland TN. |
Dr. Callister is great person, and I believe in him! He was the one that keep me alive when I had my heart attach, and sent me to Nashville for bay pass surgery!
in Gallatin, TN |
Dr. Callister is the first cardiologist I have ever seen. Naturally I was concerned about the symptoms that led to my appointment with him. From the beginning, our discussions made me feel I was in good hands. His explanation of my condition and of the tests results were thorough and at a level that I could understand. His recommendation of a change in my medication has already resulted in a significant improvement in my situation. I am fortunate that I was referred to Dr. Callister.
in Gallatin, TN |
Dr. Callister is a superior cardiologist, concerned and always on top of my situation. I have complete confidence in him.
Springfield, TN |
Dr. Callister provides excellent professional and personal care for me at his Springfield office. He gives clear medical advice as to my treatment plan and is a willing listener. I appreciate the professionalism of all staff in this office. I have expressed my satisfaction with him to all my family and friends.
in Gallatin, TN |
my wife and i feel blessed to have this dedicated careing man for our doctor, he has successfully treated our health problems where others had not been so successful , he is attentive and reassuring and we couldn't be more pleased.
in Gallatin, TN |
Dr. Callister is the VERY best in this field! He is so down to earth, kind, easy to talk to and professional. Jeanie & Scott Sircy
Have you seen Dr. Tracy Callister, MD?
Are you Dr. Callister?

Network S
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
    Flexcare
  • Cigna-HealthSpring
  • Compassionate Care Network (CCN)
    Choice Care

Lafayette, TN 37083
Sumner Regional Medical Center
555 Hartsville Pike
Gallatin, TN 37066

More Cardiology Specialists like Dr. Callister at Tennessee Heart and Vascular Institute

Interventional Cardiology Specialist