Dr. Traci Purath, MD

Dr. Traci Purath, MD

Neurology  |
Dr. Traci Purath, MD is a neurology doctor who practices in Greenfield, WI. She is 53 years old and has been practicing for 22 years.

7701 W Barnard Ave

Greenfield, WI 53220

• AvMed

Learn about Dr. Purath

See how frequently Dr. Purath performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
Migraine
Headache

Dr. Purath's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

This content was provided by Dr. Purath "I am blessed to care for people. Feeling Better IS Possible."

• Neurology

• Sleep Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

• Botox® Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Non-Cosmetic Chemodenervation

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Wisconsin.

• University Of Minnesota / Twin Cities Campus
    Undergraduate School | Graduated 1989
  • National University Of Ireland
    Medical School | Graduated 1995
  • Medical College Of Wisconsin
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1997
  • Medical College Of Wisconsin
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2002

Dr. Purath has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Purath does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Purath and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Purath's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Purath to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Purath's Performance
Milwaukee, WI |
My internist referred me. She had no problem charging high cost for office visit with no result. Insurance cov'd.She's aware internist sent due to debilitating migraines getting escalating several days/week making it difficult to care for my children & do nursing. She had ppwk from internist showing I met criteria for treatment, but after sending me large bill for 15 min office visit suggested I pay out of pocket at non-neurology clinic for alternative treatment & no referral. Filing w/AMA.
in Greenfield WI |
Empathetic, caring, knowledgeable so many other adjectives. She's helped me dramatically with my migraines.
Caledonia, IL |
A lot of fluff and sympathy about headaches but no real answers. Compassionate yes. But if I wanted fluff I would go for coffee with a friend!
in Salem, WI |
Yesterday at my appointment, Dr. Purath stormed out of the room slamming the door behind her. When I first started seeing Dr. Purath I was really happy that there was a doctor that could help me with my migraines. Because of a lack of note-taking on her part, I had to make an appointment. I expressed my frustration at having to pay another specialist co-pay and office visit. She started to get an attitude with me and swore (in front of my nephew). The lack of professionalism is astounding.
in Oak Creek, WI |
After seeing several specialists already, we were a little hesitant to see yet another. We are glad we did, Dr Purath has fantastic bedside manners and comes in with a fresh perspective and an eagerness to help. She really listens to her patients and doesn't want to give up if one thing doesn't work. Don't hesitate, go see her.
in Cedarburg, WI |
I started treating with Dr. Purath with varied symptoms including headaches, I didn't know if I had migraines or not. Traci's caring manner & determination to get to the bottom of what was causing my pain & finding a solution made the unknown bearable. It turned out that I have Lymes Disease and I ended up treating elsewhere for my symptoms, however when symptoms returned 2 years later she helped me advocate with my treating doctor to get the treatment I needed for Chronic Lyme Syndrome.
in Milwaukee, WI |
I've had severe, chronic migraines for seven years. Not only has Dr. Purath been the most effective neurologist I've had, she is also the kindest. She is so, so patient, and supportive, and gives me so much time when I come in. I never feel rushed out. I also have found her staff to be supportive and helpful. I cannot recommend her highly enough. Seriously, when people tell me they have migraines I basically demand they start seeing Dr. Purath. It's awkward, but I can't even help myself.
in Greendale WI |
It was snowing: a staff member without a jacket came to escort me in. Impressive. I've spent 15 years going to numerous doctors, including 2 other neurologists and have had many tests/scans trying to identify the reason for my head pain. Dr Purath listened without interrupting, asked questions, had me hop onto the exam table and immediately touched the nerve at the base of my skull causing the pain. I had a diagnosis in less than 1/2 an hour and from there we were able to discuss treatment.
Have you seen Dr. Traci Purath, MD?
Are you Dr. Purath?