Dr. Traci Purath, MD

Neurology ·  Female · Age 54

Dr. Purath

Purath Headache & Neurology, S.C.

7701 W Barnard Ave Greenfield, WI 53220

Dr. Traci Purath, MD is a neurology specialist in Greenfield, WI and has been practicing for 17 years. She graduated from National University Of Ireland in 1995 and specializes in neurology.

Dr. Purath accepts

Dr. Purath accepts the following insurance:

Assurant Health
AvMed
Coventry Health Care
Tricare
TriCare for Life
WEA Trust
WEA Trust POS

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Wisconsin

Check Dr. Purath's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Purath's Top Procedures and Conditions

All Headaches (incl. Migraine)
high
high

Dr. Purath treats All Headaches (incl. Migraine) more than 83% of her peers

Dr. Purath treats this condition more than 83% of her peers

Headache

Dr. Purath treats Headache more than 79% of her peers

Dr. Purath treats this condition more than 79% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Benign Exertional Headache
  • Benign Sex Headache
  • Cervicogenic Headache
  • Chronic Headache
  • Chronic Tension-Type Headache
  • Cluster Headache
  • Cough Headache
  • Drug Rebound Headache
  • Headaches (Shunt Related)
  • Hypertension Headache

• Sleep Disorders
  • Stroke
  • Syncope
  • Thrombosis
  • Transient Ischemic Attack (TIA)
  • Traumatic Brain Injury
  • Tremor
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Vertigo

I am blessed to care for people. Feeling Better IS Possible.

• Neurology

4.4

Dr. Purath?
Dr. Purath's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Traci Purath, MD
HORRIBLE!!!!!! I am so hurt that I spent weeks trying to get help here and she just kept going on vacation and kept putting me off knowing I was sick. The office kept jumbling things. I was bedridden for over 5 weeks and NO ONE there cared that I was sick. Just kept rescheduling me! And putting things off. I am so hurt that I was lied to. And left sick for so long. NO ONE THERE GIVES A HOOT!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Traci Purath, MD?
I was seen Dr. Purath in 2005 and beyond before moving to Texas. Her and her staff are awesome. I’ve not had any severe migraine headaches since. I highly recommend her to anyone who is or has suffering from migraines... I can’t give enough praise on what was done for me....
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Traci Purath, MD?
Hit the nail right on the head... Pun intended, lol. She was spot on since day one. I enjoy life again! But most of all, she is a genuine, kind, intelligent woman.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Traci Purath, MD?
After 40 years of increasing frequency and severity of migraines, Dr. Purath has been able to stabilize my pain. I have been a patient for many years and have no need to consider any other specialist. She is the most thorough neurologist I have ever seen. Highly recommend this compassionate and knowledgeable neurologist to anyone. I consider Dr. Purath as an extremely valuable member of my healthcare team. I am blessed to have found her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Traci Purath, MD?
It is difficult to write this because Dr. Purath did help me with my migraines; however, I have very rarely come across any service person--especially a Dr.--who would talk to me the way Dr. Purath talked to me today. Dr. Purath was rude and just plain mean. My problems with Dr. Purath started with her nurse. Every time I called during an emergency or when something was wrong I was directed to her nurse. The nurse would then tell me that she would talk to the doctor and get back to me. The inf
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Traci Purath, MD?
Dr seems compassionate but something underlying warrants further ?'s. Saw her 14 yrs ago @ St Mary's Racine she was fantastic & wanted to help w/my debilitating migraines. Now 2016 met w/nurse who in a normal visit would write down all issues and record them for Dr to review. Doc opened door said we were cutting into her time for me. Did Botox -no good. Asked about disability 3x's she said "EVERYONE WALKING THRU THAT DOOR IS SUFFERING & THEY ALL GO TO WORK!" Me thinks it all about $$$$$$$$$$$$
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Traci Purath, MD?
My internist referred me. She had no problem charging high cost for office visit with no result. Insurance cov'd.She's aware internist sent due to debilitating migraines getting escalating several days/week making it difficult to care for my children & do nursing. She had ppwk from internist showing I met criteria for treatment, but after sending me large bill for 15 min office visit suggested I pay out of pocket at non-neurology clinic for alternative treatment & no referral. Filing w/AMA.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Traci Purath, MD?
Empathetic, caring, knowledgeable so many other adjectives. She's helped me dramatically with my migraines.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Traci Purath, MD?
A lot of fluff and sympathy about headaches but no real answers. Compassionate yes. But if I wanted fluff I would go for coffee with a friend!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Traci Purath, MD?
Yesterday at my appointment, Dr. Purath stormed out of the room slamming the door behind her. When I first started seeing Dr. Purath I was really happy that there was a doctor that could help me with my migraines. Because of a lack of note-taking on her part, I had to make an appointment. I expressed my frustration at having to pay another specialist co-pay and office visit. She started to get an attitude with me and swore (in front of my nephew). The lack of professionalism is astounding.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Traci Purath, MD?
After seeing several specialists already, we were a little hesitant to see yet another. We are glad we did, Dr Purath has fantastic bedside manners and comes in with a fresh perspective and an eagerness to help. She really listens to her patients and doesn't want to give up if one thing doesn't work. Don't hesitate, go see her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Traci Purath, MD?
I started treating with Dr. Purath with varied symptoms including headaches, I didn't know if I had migraines or not. Traci's caring manner & determination to get to the bottom of what was causing my pain & finding a solution made the unknown bearable. It turned out that I have Lymes Disease and I ended up treating elsewhere for my symptoms, however when symptoms returned 2 years later she helped me advocate with my treating doctor to get the treatment I needed for Chronic Lyme Syndrome.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Traci Purath, MD?
I've had severe, chronic migraines for seven years. Not only has Dr. Purath been the most effective neurologist I've had, she is also the kindest. She is so, so patient, and supportive, and gives me so much time when I come in. I never feel rushed out. I also have found her staff to be supportive and helpful. I cannot recommend her highly enough. Seriously, when people tell me they have migraines I basically demand they start seeing Dr. Purath. It's awkward, but I can't even help myself.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Traci Purath, MD?
It was snowing: a staff member without a jacket came to escort me in. Impressive. I've spent 15 years going to numerous doctors, including 2 other neurologists and have had many tests/scans trying to identify the reason for my head pain. Dr Purath listened without interrupting, asked questions, had me hop onto the exam table and immediately touched the nerve at the base of my skull causing the pain. I had a diagnosis in less than 1/2 an hour and from there we were able to discuss treatment.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Traci Purath, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Purath?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Purath treats patients.