Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD

Pain Medicine ·  Female · Age 55

Dr. Pennington

Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Virginia Beach, VA and has been practicing for 24 years. She graduated from Tulane University School Of Medicine in 1995 and specializes in pain medicine and sports physical medicine & rehabilitation.

Make an appointment

Dr. Pennington accepts

Dr. Pennington accepts the following insurance:

Choice PPO
Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Coventry Health Care
Carelink PPO
Health Net
Medicaid
Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care)
Southern Health Services (Coventry Health Care) HMO
WellCare
WellCare PPO
WellPoint
Worker's Compensation
Worker's Compensation WC

No malpractice claims found for Virginia

Check Dr. Pennington's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Pennington's Top Procedures and Conditions

Post-Laminectomy Syndrome

Dr. Pennington treats Post-Laminectomy Syndrome more than 100% of her peers

Chronic Neck Pain

Dr. Pennington treats Chronic Neck Pain more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Pennington treats this condition more than 100% of her peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Pennington treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 100% of her peers

Dr. Pennington treats this condition more than 100% of her peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis

• Sciatica as Seen in Rheumatoid Arthritis
  • Spinal Cord Injury
  • Spinal Nerve Block
  • Spondylosis
  • Transcutaneous Electrical Nerve Stimulation (TENS)
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain
  • Wear and Tear Arthritis

We place an emphasis on providing first rate patient care.

• Pain Medicine

2.8

Dr. Pennington?
Dr. Pennington's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD
It is hard to reach anyone in the office by phone. They do not return your calls. I have been trying to reach them as well as the pharmacy and the insurance copy since April 2nd to get prior authorization for my pain meds. It dont make any since to run an office the way they do....highly upset and disappointed.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?
It is so hard to get through to the office for anything. I call and call, leave messages upon messages and they don’t call you back. This is very frustrating. When you do get an appointment you better pack a lunch because you will be there for hours!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?
I think that her and her staff are just nasty, bitter, straight men hating, b*s. She cut my husband off after his 1st visit. So what if he took pain meds from some months ago to relieve his severe back and arthritis pain. Thats why he came to you, genius. Even on the dam bottle it says to discard after a year. Tracy and her b* of a staff all know theyre not the Dr & staff of the "Pennington Womens Pain Ctr" So until they are, they need to check their dam attitudes & govern themselves accordingly
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?
I have been a patient of Dr. Pennington’s since April of 2018, Her staff has always been very sweet to me, and Dr. Pennington is always kind and professional. She asks questions, and listens as well! Sometimes they are very busy, but always let me know if I am going to have to wait a bit. Pain management is not an exact science; sometimes $&@? happens and becomes emergent! They do their best to accommodate everybody!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?
I think that this doctor and her staff hates men. Because they basically dismissed my husband after his first visit. For taking medicine that he was prescribed a few months back. And medicine that wasn't even considered a narcotic. That he took sparingly. As he had no other way of controlling his pain. This the reason for him going to pain management in the first place...smdh... Anyhoo, first of all and this is towards Tracy Pennington and her nasty, drama queen, four legged female dog, of a st
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?
My husband and I both adore Dr. Pennington. He goes in with me every time because I have Parkinson's and Dementia......he remembers conversations with her that I occasionally have problems remembering. I'm not sure how long she has been my pain management specialist, but I THINK it has been three or four years. I am fussy and critical about my doctors, but she has exceeded all my expectations. I have ruptured discs in my lower back, for which I take mild meds and TENS unit. I use a back brace.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?
I love Dr. Pennington!! She is so nice and personable!! In fact, her whole staff is awesome, just like she is!! She takes good care of her patients and helps take the pain away!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?
I am looking forward to meeting her,,I have had 2 drs in a row tell me to transfer to her,, So i am, also they graciously called me back when they were closed in 5 minutes after i left a message, for i wanted to see if i could move my appt up! Yes,, she said, i will be meeting her next week and will keep you posted,, I cant wait,, ps. if you have dr dean at evms for pain management,, run !!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?
A real unpleasant woman to work with. Very rude
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?
I appreciate that Dr. Pennington conducts random drug testing. This tells me that she is not going to just hand out drugs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?
Since Jan 2016 has been my pain mgmt specialist. Wonderful personality,a person first, then the doctor title second. Light yrs ahead of my first PMS. It maybe be hectic in the office, but consider how many patients being treated. Always listens to my needs or next steps. Provide guidance. This is what I need from a doctor, who has become a friend and confidant. Her office is no worse than trying to get through the gate keepers at other doctors offices. But,her nurse does return calls. 5 stars..
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?
Totally unorganized unable to handle amount of patients she has. Word of advice make sure your name is written on your sample for drug screening don't it leave your hand without your name. I am 47 and I've NEVER seen such incompetentcy at any Dr's practice. Please do yourself a favor and a lot of frustration find another dr. My average wait time was ALWAYS more than an hour sometimes almost 2. Too many patients not enough competent help. BE WARNED
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?
Dr. Pennington is a good doctor but it is a nightmare to get anyone on the phone to try to schedule an appointment or to talk to anyone about your care that is the only downfall for this practice
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?
I have to say that I've been to different pain mgmt Drs as I have a lot of chronic conditions I have to say that she is the first pain mgmt doctor that I have ran across that is even willing to halfway listen to what is going on with me and to try to get my pain under control. I've been in the medical field for over 22 yrs I have to say in my opinion she cares about her patients. I wish she would take more time with me as a patient to listen to my other issues and concerns about my pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?
Very rigid pain management. Not willing to take all factors into account when addressing chronic pain relief. Can not recommend.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?
Awful. I despise this woman. Shes doesn't care about her patients. She doesn't let you finish a sentence and she walks out of the room when her patients get distraught. What kind of doctor high tails it out of the room when her patient is stressed and overwhelmed and starts to cry? She didn't take the time to have a conversation with me with out interrupting every word i said. She then sends in her nurse to deal with me who is just as cold as she is. What if I was suicidal? Double books too.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?
Very POOR, I am a RN and know the difference between good and ridiculous. NEVER return phone calls. Wait WEEKS to try and get an appointment, even when it is a medical emergency. Promise to help with severe spinal pain,cleared by my insurance and kept delaying the shots,requested by 3 of my other Dr. By a demand letter.VERY POOR Dr. I am also reporting her to the Professional Board of medicine in Richmond Virginia. Total grief and stress. If this is what you want..by all means go to her.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tracey Pennington, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Pennington?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Pennington treats patients.

Compare Providers