Dr. Toufic Melki, MD

Other •  Male • Age 59

Dr. Melki

Retina Centers of Washington

15020 Shady Grove Rd, Ste 302 Rockville, MD 20850

Dr. Toufic Melki, MD is an other provider in Rockville, MD and has been practicing for 29 years. He graduated from Georgetown U, School of Medicine in 1986 and specializes in other and ophthalmology.

Dr. Melki's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Melki

Dr. Melki?
Dr. Melki's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Toufic Melki, MD
Dr. Melki is wonderful. Two years ago I needed surgery for macular pucker and he explained the procedure I was going to have in such a way that was very easy to understand. Everything went well-no pain and the results to date have been excellent. His staff is very nice and expertised with followup exams every year (about 4 times) since my surgery. The offices are always clean and well equipped. Also, I would give his front desk staff a 5 star rating. 5 Star ratings for: Accurate Diagnosis; Spends Time with the Patient; Easy Appointments; Friendly Staff, Beside Manner; Appropriate Follow-up; and Wait Time, approx 20 to 30 minutes,
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Toufic Melki, MD?
A reassuring story for anyone that has the misfortune to develop a torn retina. I was actually traveling in India and during the trip, I found that I had something in my eye that was not coming out and blocked my vision over a portion of the eye. No pain or discomfort. When I got back to Virginia, I decided that I should have it looked at and call a local optometrist that was in Ballston Mall. He had me come right in on a Saturday and after a quick exam, excused himself to make a call. He came back in and told me that I had an appointment with Dr. Melki for 6pm on the same Saturday and not to eat since surgery might be imminent. Dr. Melki opened his office that day to see me and had me in surgery the next morning to correct a major torn retina. That was over ten years ago, and I just recently had a clean checkup with him that showed no problems from the torn retina. It was a surreal experience, but the doctor and his staff made it as easy as possible.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Toufic Melki, MD?
Top rate: Great caring staff. I felt totally taken of every step of the way throughout the very frightening experience of a detached retina. I didn't realize how close I came to losing vision in my left eye. Time was of the essence and I was in an operating room 10 minutes away from home within hours of my first contact with Dr. Melki. Extremely satisfied and feeling blessed to have found Dr. Melki, six months later and I can read a menu without glasses. Thanks, Ed Evans
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Toufic Melki, MD?
Dr Melki's entire office staff was extremely professional and efficient. My initial encounter with his staff was with his receptionist Salu who was the best receptionist I've ever dealt with at a doctor's office. No attitude and highly efficient, prompt and caring - every time. The other members of his staff were also attentive and efficient. Dr Melki was very honest and reassuring. He was confident and made me feel as though he could take care of the four holes in my retina. I highly recommend
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Toufic Melki, MD?
I have been going to Dr. Melki for 20 years. While in California for vacation three years ago, I developed a detached retina. I called his office and was immediately put through to him. He scheduled surgery for the day after we returned to Maryland. By that time the only vision in the affected eye was a thin crescent of light at the top of what should have been my circle of vision. Thanks to Dr. Melki's skillful care, the repair was successful, and full vision in the eye was restored.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Toufic Melki, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Melki after I developed a mysterious infection in my left eye after cataract surgery. Once he determined that I could lose my eyesight in that eye, Dr. Melki wasted no time in arranging emergency surgery for Friday late afternoon/evening. The surgery was successful and I am now 20-20 in that eye. I cannot be more grateful to Dr. Melki and his staff for getting me through this unexpected crisis and letting me continue my work and play with perfect vision.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Toufic Melki, MD?
He may be a good surgeon, but has no regard for your time. Was late arriving for my scheduled surgery, and the hospital staff said he's always late. His office staff tried to shake me down for a $1500.00 deposit, as they failed to procure prior authorization for the surgery, a detached retina, yet somehow I was able to call my ins.co, and the auth was there, I had to hand the phone to her....waited over an hour to be seen for my post op appointment. Really unhappy with his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Toufic Melki, MD?
I highly recommend Dr. Toufic Melki. He is an excellent ophthalmologist & retina specialist. In the past 4 years, I have had 2 detached retina surgeries and 1 macular pucker surgery. I would have gone blind without his care. All were done on an emergency basis with no appointment. He explained everything in detail and went beyond the norms of a doctor ( calling on the weekend to check on me). In addition to his professionalism, he is very personable and easy to talk to and understand.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Toufic Melki, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Melki?

• Other

1986
Georgetown U, School of Medicine

• Arabic

Dr. Melki accepts

Dr. Melki accepts the following insurance:

Select
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
KeyCare PPO
Blue Choice Advantage
Blue Preferred PPO
CareFirst Maryland POS
Coventry Health Care
Southern Health PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Maryland

Check if Dr. Melki treats your condition or procedure

• Thyroid Disease
  • Ulcer
  • Visual Field Defects
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Melki treats patients.

Suburban Hospital

Bethesda, MD

71% Patient experience rating, 2% higher than the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2020, 2019)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2017)

80% Patient experience rating, 11% higher than the national average

• Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ (2019, 2018, 2017)
  • Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2018)