Ophthalmology  |
Dr. Tonica Johnson, MD
Dr. Tonica Johnson, MD is an ophthalmology doctor who practices in Durham, NC. She is 48 years old and has been practicing for 18 years. Dr. Johnson is affiliated with Duke Regional Hospital and North Carolina Specialty Hospital.

North Carolina Eye, Ear, Nose & Throat - Durham

4102 N Roxboro St

(919) 595-2000

Learn about Dr. Johnson

Dr. Johnson's Experience

Dr. Johnson's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Ophthalmology

• Corneal Diseases
  • Corneal Scar
  • Corneal Ulcer
  • Diabetic Retinopathy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Drusen

• Eyelid Surgery
  • Glaucoma Surgery
  • Ocular Surface Reconstruction
  • Pterygium Surgery
  • Vitrectomy (incl. Macular Hole Repair)
  • Vitreoretinal Surgery

No malpractice history found for North Carolina.

• Massachusetts Institute Of Techonology

• General Motors Engineering Scholarship - MIT,
  • Excellence in Engineering Award - MIT,
  • MAP International Medical Mission Scholarship,
  • Bell Communication Research Graduate Engineering Fellowship-Stanford Univ,

Dr. Johnson has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Johnson does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Johnson and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Johnson's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Johnson to family and friends
4.4
Dr. Johnson's Performance
in Durham, NC |
I had bilateral cataract removal by Dr Johnson during the summer and could not be more pleased. NO discomfort, NO nausea, NO complications, only 1 eye drop to use daily. Dr Johnson is very experienced, explains everything clearly, and is very personable. What could be better? And... my vision is. Good for the first time in my life ( I could not see the big E on the eye chart with my un-corrected vision). Now, I could find my way out if my house caught fire in the middle of the night!
in Durham, NC |
Very professional and exceptionally well demeanor. Unhesitant to explain my medical treatment and address my health concerns in a clear and understanding manner. Truly an asset to their profession.
Durham, NC |
Dr. Johnson and her Staff are highly professional and proficient. She takes time to answer all your questions and concerns about your condition. My Lasik surgery was very successful and I'm so happy that I can see without my glasses.
in Roxboro, NC |
Dr. Johnson is a very caring doctor who makes you feel at ease. She is very thorough and gives you your options as you come up with a medical plan. Very satisfied with her medical care.
in Durham, NC |
I would definitely recommend Dr. Johnson. Very satisfied.
in Durham, NC |
Dr. Johnson did laser cataract surgery on my eyes last fall. Wonderful results! I love my new eyes. I only need readers for very small print, and at age 74 at that. I received very considerate, professional care and would advise anyone needing this surgery to ask for Dr. Johnson. You will be excellent hands.
in Durham, NC |
Dr. Johnson recently successfully performed cataract surgery on my eyes. I am 100% satisfied with the results. I found Dr. Johnson exceptionally competent. Her friendly, warm personality created a calm. She took time and patiently answered all questions. I highly recommend Dr. Tonica Johnson.
in Hurdle Mills, NC |
Dr. Johnson is wonderful. She preformed cataract surgery on my right eye yesterday. Today I have perfect vision! No pain...It is great! She is a very skilled knowledgeable surgeon. She was extremely patient and understanding with me as I asked numerous questions. She answered them on a level where I completely understood what she was explaining. She the time to make me comfortable with the procedure. I look forward to Dr. Johnson operating on my left eye in 13 days! I highly recommend her.
in Durham, NC |
I have enjoyed the work and her knowledge. Her surgical work was excellent and follow through has been thorough.
in Durham, NC |
Dr. Johnson removed the cataracts from both of my eyes, and she previously performed Lasik surgery on both of my eyes. All of my experiences have been great. I can see clearly without having to wear glasses. The surgeries all went well. Dr. Johnson provided me with lots of information about what would be involved during and after the surgeries, and kept me up to date during followups. All in all, Dr. Johnson can be considered a model for other doctors should serve their patients.
in Durham, NC |
I had another Dr who retired and Dr Johnson took over. She told me I had cataract, which no one had told me about before. I had the surgery in both eyes and I can see distances perfectly now, for the first time in my life!
in Durham, NC |
Upon learning that I had to have cataracts removed, I became nervous and frightened of this. I was immediately reassured by Dr. Johnson that this was a simple and harmless procedure that didn't take long. She performed the procedure as she promised in no time at all, I was protected by the staff as well as Dr. Johnson. I would recommend her to my friends. I liked the way I was taken care of and handled by the entire staff, thank you Dr. Johnson and staff at NCEENT.
in Butner, NC |
I recently had cataract surgery on both eyes. I opted for the surgery just to remove the cataract and did not realize that my need for corrective lenses would practically be eliminated. I now only need reading glasses. Dr. Johnson has always provided me with professional care and I went into the surgery without fear knowing her commitment to excellence. I have since referred others to seek her for their ophthalmological needs.
in Roxboro, NC |
Dr Johnson was very professional and did an excellent job on my eye. Within a month it had healed and doing really well. She was able to get my surgery done pretty quickly and NCSH staff was excellent also. I am very pleased with the outcome. Follow up visits was fast and convenient. I would be returning to Dr Johnson in the future and will be referring my family and friends to her.
in Durham, NC |
I absolutely love Dr. Johnson. She is energetic, knowledgeable, professional and cares about her patients. She was recommended to me by my former doctor who is retiring. She came highly recommended for her skills in cataract removal and care. I was not disappointed. My vision has improved remarkably and can see better than I could ever I imagine. I have recommended her to many friends.
in Durham, NC |
After an awful experience with another Durham Ophthalmologist I was referred to Dr. Johnson by a friend. I cannot say enough good things about my experience. Dr. Johnson is extremely experienced, very personable and spent time talking to me and clearly explaining all my options. The surgical procedure was performed painlessly and totally successfully. I would not hesitate to refer her to family and friends. In fact I already have.
in Winterville, NC |
Doctor Johnson has treated and continues to treat me for glaucoma and IRITIS for over 10 years. She also performed an extremely successful cataract surgery during late 2012 and 2013. She is 100% knowledgeable when it comes to diagnosis and eye treatment. She is consistently courteous, professional and friendly when dealing with patients
in Raleigh, NC |
Dr. Johnson has taken care of my eyes for many years and has done an excellent job. She performed cataract surgery on me and helped me through several eye infections. I would highly recommend her!
in Timberlake, NC |
Dr. Johnson took over my care from another NCEENT provider and quickly identified and treated my problem.
in Durham, NC |
Dr. Johnson has treated me for cataracts, I have had both eyes operated on and am very satisfied with the operation. Dr. Johnson is very good at explaining what the procedure will recquire and put me at ease before the operation.
in Durham, NC |
I would recommend Dr. Johnson - and actually have done so. She is very professional and knowledgeable yet compassionate and willing to take time with the patient.
in Youngsville, NC |
Dr. Johnson always answers every question I ask of her and she is very kind and patient. Many doctors seem rushed but she is always very attentive. I have complete confidence in her capabilities. I have worn glasses since I was sixteen and had a terrible astigmatism problem. She diagnosed and treated my cataracts and inserted intraocular lens so now I only need reading glasses occasionally. Her confidence in performing the surgery gave me the courage to do the procedure. I highly recommend her.
in Creedmoor, NC |
I was told I was a Glaucoma Suspect and knew I needed to continue care for this condition. Dr. Johnson was so understanding to my needs. She works at one of the best eye clinics in Durham. North Carolina Eye, Ear, Nose and Throat. She actually caught a big problem before it could become a big problem and I am very grateful to her for the treatment she provided for me.
in Durham, NC |
Dr Johnson is very good at what she does. She is very good with patients and takes time to find out what eye conditions are bothering you she knows right away what medicines to give and how to use
in Durham, NC |
She is always very professional and knowledgeable. She has a great personality and makes you feel comfortable with her. She operated on my cataracts and did a superior job. I would certainly recommend her to my family and friends.
in Durham, NC |
I have recently had cataract surgery on both eyes and I must say that I was very pleased with Dr. Johnson. I found her to be very kind and easy going and knowledgeable. I would highly recommend her to my family & friends.
in Oxford, NC |
It is a pleasure to have Tomica Johnson as my ophthalmologist. She is very professional, listens attentively and eagerly answers questions. The office atmosphere make you feel right at home. Dr. Johnson welcome me before the surgery. During the surgery she talked to me making me feel more relaxed. She is a excellent ophthalmologist and I highly recommend her.
in Bahama, NC |
I have seen Dr. Johnson for the last 5-6 years and have been very pleased with my care. She explains things on a level that I can understand and always asks if I have any questions. I plan on continuing to see her for my eye care . I have also recommended her to several of my friends.
Have you seen Dr. Tonica Johnson, MD?
Are you Dr. Johnson?