Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD

Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD

Pain Medicine | Male | 38 years old

28 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Personal Bio

Dr. Sakai's Experience

See how Dr. Sakai's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sakai

Dr. Sakai accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Sakai has admitting privileges.

Dr. Sakai's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sakai to family and friends
Dr. Sakai's Performance
in MA |
Dr. Sakai is very nice, & is ok as a doctor. However, he is understaffed, & the staff that he does have are short & not helpful. As told by a staff member, there are only 2 people working for him & for his several locations. This means you cannot call the office, you will get an answering service. After leaving several messages at the answering service you will get a call back. As far as assistance with insurance issues, that can take months. I've been so unhappy here for too long. Time to go.
Scituate, MA |
Knowledgable, considerate and very good at what he does.
in Upton, MA |
I like Dr. Sakai, soft spoken, thorough.However, my issue is his office staff.Had to wait 7 months last year to get a Euflexxa gel injection.The reason for delay informed had to do with the office manager being fired. Well he hired a new manager, but no improvement.I was in an auto accident with painful left knee injury waiting so long for Gel-one injection.At first told don't have cov by mgr, called ins co told I do have cov for office injection plus gel from pharmacy.Months gone by now again:(
in West Yarmouth, MA |
Dr. Sakai is a soft-spoken and caring doctor. He is extremely thorough with his exam and placement of shots. I was so nervous on my first visit, but he and his assistant Daniel soon put me at ease. I will return.
in Needham Ma |
Dr Sakai and his staff is EXCELLENT. He is a caring and thoughtful dr. I had several back surgeries and in a lot of pain when I met Dr Sakai. Dr Sakai identified the problem and detailed a plan to reduce and eliminate the pain. Before I knew it I was back playing tennis . He was always very kind and quick to help when the situation called for it.
in Washington, DC |
I liked Dr. Sakai's attitude. He made suggestions but did not put pressure on me. Since I was having constant pain in my shoulder and very limited flexibility with the arm, he suggested steroid injections. The procedure was carried out in one session. Now, about 10 days later, I have no more pain in my shoulder and my arm is much more mobile and flexible again. I am very pleased with the results. i
in Hyannis, MA |
I was very impressed with Dr. Sakai's approach to the procedure, as well as the preceding interview with me. He took time to explain what was involved, and his opinion of my condition. He was very thorough with my exam, and advised me before each step after he started. Dr. Sakai made me feel comfortable, knowing I was somewhat nervous. His confidence assured me that he knew his "stuff"! Most of all I think he is one of the most gentle doctors who has ever treated me. Also, great staff.
in 57 Jacap Drive |
Dr Sakai has gotten me back working he's also gotten me hooked up to a top notch neurosurgeon. Dr Sakais treatment has also helped my problem of bi polar depression by being able to work & fuction as better than I've have in 20 years being in pain. I feel like a can have a life again. I am extremely greatfull to him for the help him & his staff has done for me Thank you Dr Sakai & staff. Dan Parker
in Kingston, MA |
Today (Oct. 4, 2016) was my 6th appt. with Dr. Sakai, who administers ESI shots to my lower back for DDD. I see him four times a year. He is extremely knowledgeable, professional and easy to talk with. I have come to rely on these ESI injections to ease arthritic pain in my lumbar region. I am very pleased with the whole experience at this office and have already recommended Dr. Sakai to friends who suffer with certain arthritic pain.
Duxbury, MA |
I am an employee at the Spine and Pain Institute of New England and work closely with Dr. Tomoya Sakai everyday. In the pain management field, it is crucial to have a doctor that actively listens and is able to provide the best quality of care. If you are looking for a compassionate doctor along with credentials and experience then Dr. Sakai is the unanimous choice for your pain management physician.
in S Weymouth MA |
Dr Sakai treats the "whole you",not just the "part of your body" that is hurting. He listens to you with attentive compassion. Dr Sakai goes above and beyond in treating you with respect and dignity. He does thorough evaluations and examinations. He asks pertinent questions. You KNOW without a doubt that you are fully involved in your treatment. I have recommended Dr Sakai, and will continue to do so wholeheartedly, to others who suffer from chronic pain. Should be 10 *s!
in Male, MLE |
In an article published by Marshall Godwin ( Intra-articular steroid injections for painful knees) it states that intra-articular steroid injections are useful in reducing pain for up to 4 weeks only. To the contrary my preparation is superior in context to the meta- analysis study provided by Marshall Godwin. My special preparation intra- articular injection provide pain relief for patient up to 1 year which is documented as it is live clinical study performed by me with patient consent. Since
in Newton, MA |
Dr. Sakai is a supremely knowledgable and caring physician. He knows about the pros and cons of various treatments and medical philosophies and is very conscientious in listening to the patient's concerns and questions. He is serious minded but open and very pleasant in his conversations. I would recommend him highly to anyone.
in Sandwich, MA |
My experience with Dr. Sakai and his staff was above and beyond what I could have hoped for. From the moment I called to set up an appointment Cindy was so helpful, kind and caring. When you are in pain, kindness to your situation is so important. At the appointment each staff member was helpful and answered all my questions. Upon meeting Dr. Sakai, I finally felt I was heard and HELPED. He took the time with me, answered all my questions and his bedside manner was caring. Thank-you!!!
in Mashpee, Ma |
A doctor who actually takes time to inform the patient about the procedure he is about to perform. This was my first visit with Dr. Sakai and I was very impressed. A fine gentleman and very informative. A+ staff also. Very happy. Now hoping the injection relieves some of this pain.
Have you seen Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
Are you Dr. Sakai?

Compare Dr. Sakai

Dr. Sakai says...

For patients that are suffering from chronic pain near Boston, the South Shore, and on the Cape, our highly trained and experienced pain doctor can help.

Back pain, herniated discs, and spinal stenosis are some of the most common pain conditions we treat in our state-licensed facilities.  But we have experience with all chronic pain conditions, feel free to give us a call if you would like to discuss your symptoms before scheduling a consultation.

Our mission is to provide up to date, evidence-based, and individualized care for our patients in a comfortable private office setting through a comprehensive multidisciplinary approach to relieve pain, improve function and maximize quality of life.

We offer excellent service, are easily accessible, and work closely with local community health care providers.

"I believe in a gentle approach to pain treatment delivered with compassion and trust."

- Dr. Sakai

Please visit our website for more information about our practice and the treatments we offer.

Dr. Sakai's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Pain Medicine
  •  Board certified in Pain Medicine, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation and Sports Medicine

Dr. Sakai has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Massachusetts.

Why It Matters: Dr. Sakai's Board Certifications

• Benign Chronic Pain Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Facet Joint Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot

Methodist Dallas Medical Center

Completed in 2006

University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center

Completed in 2009

John Peter Smith Health Network and University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center

Completed in 2011

Rice University

Graduated in 2000

Dr. Sakai does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Sakai and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Pain Medicine