Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD

Interventional Pain Medicine ·  Male · Age 40

Dr. Sakai

Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD is an interventional pain medicine specialist in Norwell, MA and has been practicing for 8 years. He graduated from University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center At Dallas in 2005 and specializes in interventional pain medicine, pain medicine, and more.

Make an appointment

Dr. Sakai accepts

Dr. Sakai accepts the following insurance:

Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts
Blue Care Elect PPO
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care
Harvard Pilgrim Health Care PPO
Health Net
Tricare
Massachusetts Group Insurance Commission (GIC)
Network Health
Tufts Health Plan
Tufts PPO

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Sakai's experience treating your condition or procedure

• Epidural Steroid Injections
  • Facet Block
  • Facet Joint Injection
  • Facet Joint Pain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Lumbar Disc Degeneration
  • Neck Pain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Blocks
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Ankle and Foot
  • Spondylosis
  • Stem Cell Therapy
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain

"For patients that are suffering from chronic pain near Boston, the South Shore, and on the Cape, our highly trained and experienced pain doctor can help. Back pain, herniated discs, and spinal stenosis are some of the most common pain conditions we...

• Interventional Pain Medicine
  • Pain Medicine
  • Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  • Sports Medicine

• Pain Medicine
  • Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
  • Sports Medicine

2011
John Peter Smith Health Network and University Of Texas Southwestern Medical Center
2009

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Sakai

Dr. Sakai?
Dr. Sakai's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD
Very happy having just made first visit to Dr Sakai’s office. The office ladies were friendly and helpful. Dr Sakai was very friendly and helpful but more importantly gave me as much as I needed and explained in great detail about my problem. As a result of our meeting I now so much better understand my situation and possible corrective remedies. It was my pleasure to meet Dr Sakai and need travel no further for help with this matter.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
I had a great experience with Dr. Sakai! His office staff was kind, courteous and professional. The scheduling department was terrific and was able to fit me in within one week for a needed procedure. Dr. Sakai took his time to really listen to my concerns, explain my MRI and answer all my questions. He has such a compassionate, gentle manner and put me at ease during my procedure. I would highly recommend Dr. Sakai and this facility!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
Dr. Sakai and his team were very kind & considerate today and provided excellent care. I’m glad we had a chance to work together again! ?? Thank you.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
Very thorough and patient. Explained everything and every step in my procedure.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Sakai highly. The experience was helpful and his manner was quieting.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
Dr. Sakai and his staff are excellent. I have had nothing less of a positive experience at each visit. They are patient and attentive. Dr. Sakai is knowledgeable and he shows that he really does care about his patients. I would highly recommend him for anyone who needs a doctor that specializes in pain management.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
Dr. Sakai is very nice, & is ok as a doctor. However, he is understaffed, & the staff that he does have are short & not helpful. As told by a staff member, there are only 2 people working for him & for his several locations. This means you cannot call the office, you will get an answering service. After leaving several messages at the answering service you will get a call back. As far as assistance with insurance issues, that can take months. I've been so unhappy here for too long. Time to go.
I am so sorry you had such a frustrating...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
Knowledgable, considerate and very good at what he does.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
I like Dr. Sakai, soft spoken, thorough.However, my issue is his office staff.Had to wait 7 months last year to get a Euflexxa gel injection.The reason for delay informed had to do with the office manager being fired. Well he hired a new manager, but no improvement.I was in an auto accident with painful left knee injury waiting so long for Gel-one injection.At first told don't have cov by mgr, called ins co told I do have cov for office injection plus gel from pharmacy.Months gone by now again:(
We truly apologize for the difficult experience...Read More
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
Dr. Sakai is a soft-spoken and caring doctor. He is extremely thorough with his exam and placement of shots. I was so nervous on my first visit, but he and his assistant Daniel soon put me at ease. I will return.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
Dr Sakai and his staff is EXCELLENT. He is a caring and thoughtful dr. I had several back surgeries and in a lot of pain when I met Dr Sakai. Dr Sakai identified the problem and detailed a plan to reduce and eliminate the pain. Before I knew it I was back playing tennis . He was always very kind and quick to help when the situation called for it.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
I liked Dr. Sakai's attitude. He made suggestions but did not put pressure on me. Since I was having constant pain in my shoulder and very limited flexibility with the arm, he suggested steroid injections. The procedure was carried out in one session. Now, about 10 days later, I have no more pain in my shoulder and my arm is much more mobile and flexible again. I am very pleased with the results. i
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
I was very impressed with Dr. Sakai's approach to the procedure, as well as the preceding interview with me. He took time to explain what was involved, and his opinion of my condition. He was very thorough with my exam, and advised me before each step after he started. Dr. Sakai made me feel comfortable, knowing I was somewhat nervous. His confidence assured me that he knew his "stuff"! Most of all I think he is one of the most gentle doctors who has ever treated me. Also, great staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
Dr Sakai has gotten me back working he's also gotten me hooked up to a top notch neurosurgeon. Dr Sakais treatment has also helped my problem of bi polar depression by being able to work & fuction as better than I've have in 20 years being in pain. I feel like a can have a life again. I am extremely greatfull to him for the help him & his staff has done for me Thank you Dr Sakai & staff. Dan Parker
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
Today (Oct. 4, 2016) was my 6th appt. with Dr. Sakai, who administers ESI shots to my lower back for DDD. I see him four times a year. He is extremely knowledgeable, professional and easy to talk with. I have come to rely on these ESI injections to ease arthritic pain in my lumbar region. I am very pleased with the whole experience at this office and have already recommended Dr. Sakai to friends who suffer with certain arthritic pain.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
I am an employee at the Spine and Pain Institute of New England and work closely with Dr. Tomoya Sakai everyday. In the pain management field, it is crucial to have a doctor that actively listens and is able to provide the best quality of care. If you are looking for a compassionate doctor along with credentials and experience then Dr. Sakai is the unanimous choice for your pain management physician.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
Dr Sakai treats the "whole you",not just the "part of your body" that is hurting. He listens to you with attentive compassion. Dr Sakai goes above and beyond in treating you with respect and dignity. He does thorough evaluations and examinations. He asks pertinent questions. You KNOW without a doubt that you are fully involved in your treatment. I have recommended Dr Sakai, and will continue to do so wholeheartedly, to others who suffer from chronic pain. Should be 10 *s!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
In an article published by Marshall Godwin ( Intra-articular steroid injections for painful knees) it states that intra-articular steroid injections are useful in reducing pain for up to 4 weeks only. To the contrary my preparation is superior in context to the meta- analysis study provided by Marshall Godwin. My special preparation intra- articular injection provide pain relief for patient up to 1 year which is documented as it is live clinical study performed by me with patient consent. Since
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
Dr. Sakai is a supremely knowledgable and caring physician. He knows about the pros and cons of various treatments and medical philosophies and is very conscientious in listening to the patient's concerns and questions. He is serious minded but open and very pleasant in his conversations. I would recommend him highly to anyone.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
My experience with Dr. Sakai and his staff was above and beyond what I could have hoped for. From the moment I called to set up an appointment Cindy was so helpful, kind and caring. When you are in pain, kindness to your situation is so important. At the appointment each staff member was helpful and answered all my questions. Upon meeting Dr. Sakai, I finally felt I was heard and HELPED. He took the time with me, answered all my questions and his bedside manner was caring. Thank-you!!!
Show more reviews

How was your experience with Dr. Sakai?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Sakai treats patients.