Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD

Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD

Pain Medicine | Male | 38 years old

Learn about this Doctor

Personal Bio

For patients that are suffering from chronic pain near Boston, the South Shore, and on the Cape, our highly trained...Read more

Dr. Sakai's Experience

97Experience
Match

See how Dr. Sakai's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Sakai

Dr. Sakai accepts 12 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 3 hospitals where Dr. Sakai has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

×

Dr. Sakai's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Sakai to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Sakai
Dr. Sakai's Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (19)
in Needham Ma |
Dr Sakai and his staff is EXCELLENT. He is a caring and thoughtful dr. I had several back surgeries and in a lot of pain when I met Dr Sakai. Dr Sakai identified the problem and detailed a plan to reduce and eliminate the pain. Before I knew it I was back playing tennis . He was always very kind and quick to help when the situation called for it.
in Washington, DC |
I liked Dr. Sakai's attitude. He made suggestions but did not put pressure on me. Since I was having constant pain in my shoulder and very limited flexibility with the arm, he suggested steroid injections. The procedure was carried out in one session. Now, about 10 days later, I have no more pain in my shoulder and my arm is much more mobile and flexible again. I am very pleased with the results. i
in Hyannis, MA |
I was very impressed with Dr. Sakai's approach to the procedure, as well as the preceding interview with me. He took time to explain what was involved, and his opinion of my condition. He was very thorough with my exam, and advised me before each step after he started. Dr. Sakai made me feel comfortable, knowing I was somewhat nervous. His confidence assured me that he knew his "stuff"! Most of all I think he is one of the most gentle doctors who has ever treated me. Also, great staff.
in 57 Jacap Drive |
Dr Sakai has gotten me back working he's also gotten me hooked up to a top notch neurosurgeon. Dr Sakais treatment has also helped my problem of bi polar depression by being able to work & fuction as better than I've have in 20 years being in pain. I feel like a can have a life again. I am extremely greatfull to him for the help him & his staff has done for me Thank you Dr Sakai & staff. Dan Parker
in Kingston, MA |
Today (Oct. 4, 2016) was my 6th appt. with Dr. Sakai, who administers ESI shots to my lower back for DDD. I see him four times a year. He is extremely knowledgeable, professional and easy to talk with. I have come to rely on these ESI injections to ease arthritic pain in my lumbar region. I am very pleased with the whole experience at this office and have already recommended Dr. Sakai to friends who suffer with certain arthritic pain.
Duxbury, MA |
I am an employee at the Spine and Pain Institute of New England and work closely with Dr. Tomoya Sakai everyday. In the pain management field, it is crucial to have a doctor that actively listens and is able to provide the best quality of care. If you are looking for a compassionate doctor along with credentials and experience then Dr. Sakai is the unanimous choice for your pain management physician.
in S Weymouth MA |
Dr Sakai treats the "whole you",not just the "part of your body" that is hurting. He listens to you with attentive compassion. Dr Sakai goes above and beyond in treating you with respect and dignity. He does thorough evaluations and examinations. He asks pertinent questions. You KNOW without a doubt that you are fully involved in your treatment. I have recommended Dr Sakai, and will continue to do so wholeheartedly, to others who suffer from chronic pain. Should be 10 *s!
in Male, MLE |
In an article published by Marshall Godwin ( Intra-articular steroid injections for painful knees) it states that intra-articular steroid injections are useful in reducing pain for up to 4 weeks only. To the contrary my preparation is superior in context to the meta- analysis study provided by Marshall Godwin. My special preparation intra- articular injection provide pain relief for patient up to 1 year which is documented as it is live clinical study performed by me with patient consent. Since
in Newton, MA |
Dr. Sakai is a supremely knowledgable and caring physician. He knows about the pros and cons of various treatments and medical philosophies and is very conscientious in listening to the patient's concerns and questions. He is serious minded but open and very pleasant in his conversations. I would recommend him highly to anyone.
in Sandwich, MA |
My experience with Dr. Sakai and his staff was above and beyond what I could have hoped for. From the moment I called to set up an appointment Cindy was so helpful, kind and caring. When you are in pain, kindness to your situation is so important. At the appointment each staff member was helpful and answered all my questions. Upon meeting Dr. Sakai, I finally felt I was heard and HELPED. He took the time with me, answered all my questions and his bedside manner was caring. Thank-you!!!
in Mashpee, Ma |
A doctor who actually takes time to inform the patient about the procedure he is about to perform. This was my first visit with Dr. Sakai and I was very impressed. A fine gentleman and very informative. A+ staff also. Very happy. Now hoping the injection relieves some of this pain.
Have you seen Dr. Tomoya Sakai, MD?
Are you Dr. Sakai?

Compare Dr. Sakai

You've got options

We're finding other great Providers for you to consider.