Dr. Tommy A. Brown, MD

Dr. Tommy A. Brown, MD

15 reviews

Surgical Oncology | Male | 52 years old

Tommy Brown, M.D., F.A.C.S., is a board-certified general surgeon who is fellowship-trained as a surgical oncologist. He has a special interest in gastrointestinal-hepatobiliary oncology and has practiced advanced surgical cancer care since 1999. Dr. Brown cares for his patients with the same care and compassion he provides his own family. Believing there is always hope for improvement and cure, Dr. Brown provides the best surgical care possible using evidence-based medicine and a team approach.Read more

Franciscan Surgical Associates at St. Joseph

Personal Bio

Dr. Brown's Experience

See how Dr. Brown's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown accepts 1 insurance carrier

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Brown has admitting privileges.

Dr. Brown's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brown to family and friends
Dr. Brown's Performance
Tacoma, WA |
I love Dr. Brown. He's kind, takes his time with you, explains things thoroughly and is a straight shooter. I had Liver surgery last year and he completely complied with my health care wishes. I saw him regularly in the hospital and he was always compassionate and understanding. My continuing treatment with him has been a pleasure.
in Enumclaw, WA |
Dr. Brown is part of an amazing team that saved my life! I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer with mets to the liver. I had very low odds for survival. I was ready to fight and so was Dr. Brown! He performed very difficult liver surgery on me and after more chemo and radiation, I am now cancer free! If the tumors come back I am confident that Dr. Brown will be there for me again. Wonderful bedside manner as well!
in Gig Harbor, WA |
Dr Brown truly saved my life. He was the most patient, compassionate and skilled surgeon I have ever had. He never rushed me or anyone in my family. He made me feel like I was his only patient and explained everything so I could really understand what he was doing. I can't say enough nice things about this truly wonderful Doctor.
Auburn, WA |
Dr. Brown is the kind of Dr. you can only dream about having if you are faced with surgery. He is straight talking and a great listener! His sense of humor really helps to put you at ease.
in Gig Bonney Lke, WA |
What an efficient and friendly office! I have been to more then a few Drs recently and I was so impressed by this one! He addressed other problems I was having that weren't even related to my condition I was being seen for. He took the time to explain how my medication worked which is something others had never done. I would trust him to do surgery when needed.
in Shelton, wa |
An amazing surgeon and man. We are currently working with Dr Brown with my husbands pancreatic cancer, and resent whipple surgery, this is about the worst thing to deal with in life. We consider Dr. Btown the Best in Washington State for this surgery.
in Tacoma, WA |
Dr. Brown's skill and service was far beyond our expectations! Wonderful man and care team.
Puyallup, WA |
I hope that none of my family or friends need the experience and skill of Dr Brown but if anyone ever does, I would recommend Dr Brown and his staff without any hesitation. He got my case on Friday morning- saw me Friday afternoon.. and surgery was scheduled for Monday night. We are very thankful that Dr Brown was our surgeon and his staff is very skilled, helpful and kind.
Tacoma |
Dr Brown is a very caring doctor. I have been to the hospital with my mother for a few surgeries and i have never had a Doctor ask if he could pray for us not only before he conducts the procedure but in general.Dr. Brown goes the extra mile to make sure all our question were answered. I will recommend him to anyone whom need assistance with cancer etc.
Have you seen Dr. Tommy A. Brown, MD?
Are you Dr. Brown?

Dr. Brown says...

Tommy Brown, M.D., F.A.C.S., is a board-certified general surgeon who is fellowship-trained as a surgical oncologist.  He has a special interest in gastrointestinal-hepatobiliary oncology and has practiced advanced surgical cancer care since 1999.

Dr. Brown cares for his patients with the same care and compassion he provides his own family.  Believing there is always hope for improvement and cure, Dr. Brown provides the best surgical care possible using evidence-based medicine and a team approach.

Dr. Brown's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Surgical Oncology
  •  Board certified in General Surgery
  •  Malpractice claims in Washington not available

Dr. Brown has no media or publications listed.

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

Why It Matters: Dr. Brown's Board Certifications

• Colon Cancer
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Cancer

Fox Chase Cancer Center

Completed in 2003

University of Oklahoma

Graduated in 1990

Dr. Brown does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brown and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Surgical Oncology