Dr. Tommy Brown, MD

Dr. Tommy Brown, MD

Surgical Oncology  |
16 reviews

Tommy Brown, M.D., F.A.C.S., is a board-certified general surgeon who is fellowship-trained as a surgical oncologist. He has a special interest in gastrointestinal-hepatobiliary oncology and has practiced advanced surgical cancer care since 1999. Dr. Brown cares for his patients with the same care and compassion he provides his own family. Believing there is always hope for improvement and cure, Dr. Brown provides the best surgical care possible using evidence-based medicine and a team approach....See Less

Franciscan Surgical Associates at St. Joseph

1708 Yakima Ave Ste 105

Tacoma, WA 98405

• Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Learn about Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown's Experience

Dr. Brown's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Surgical Oncology

• Colon Cancer
  • Colorectal Cancer
  • Esophageal Cancer
  • Esophageal Diseases
  • Gastroesophageal Reflux Disease (GERD)
  • Gastrointestinal Cancer

• Hepatobiliary Surgery
  • Liver Surgery
  • Pancreatic Surgery
  • Surgery, Robotic Assisted

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice information for Washington.

• University of Oklahoma
  • Madigan Army Medical Center
    Residency Hospital | Completed 1999
  • Fox Chase Cancer Center
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2003

Dr. Brown has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Brown does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Brown and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

Dr. Brown's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Brown to family and friends
Dr. Brown's Performance
in Bothell, WA |
I am a huge fan of Dr. Brown!!! In 2006 I had a liver resection & cholecystectomy. (@madigan) I had a hepatic adenoma liver tumor on the left lower quadrant. The tumor was against the main artery, he thought the artery would be knicked but didn't, only ¼ of liver was taken than ½! &No transfusion needed (later he performed an abdominal herniated incision repair) I had 2 more healthy kids after this (have 3sons now), I wouldn't be here if it weren't for Dr. Brown. Thank you for saving my life!
Tacoma, WA |
I love Dr. Brown. He's kind, takes his time with you, explains things thoroughly and is a straight shooter. I had Liver surgery last year and he completely complied with my health care wishes. I saw him regularly in the hospital and he was always compassionate and understanding. My continuing treatment with him has been a pleasure.
in Enumclaw, WA |
Dr. Brown is part of an amazing team that saved my life! I was diagnosed with stage 4 colon cancer with mets to the liver. I had very low odds for survival. I was ready to fight and so was Dr. Brown! He performed very difficult liver surgery on me and after more chemo and radiation, I am now cancer free! If the tumors come back I am confident that Dr. Brown will be there for me again. Wonderful bedside manner as well!
in Gig Harbor, WA |
Dr Brown truly saved my life. He was the most patient, compassionate and skilled surgeon I have ever had. He never rushed me or anyone in my family. He made me feel like I was his only patient and explained everything so I could really understand what he was doing. I can't say enough nice things about this truly wonderful Doctor.
Auburn, WA |
Dr. Brown is the kind of Dr. you can only dream about having if you are faced with surgery. He is straight talking and a great listener! His sense of humor really helps to put you at ease.
in Gig Bonney Lke, WA |
What an efficient and friendly office! I have been to more then a few Drs recently and I was so impressed by this one! He addressed other problems I was having that weren't even related to my condition I was being seen for. He took the time to explain how my medication worked which is something others had never done. I would trust him to do surgery when needed.
in Shelton, wa |
An amazing surgeon and man. We are currently working with Dr Brown with my husbands pancreatic cancer, and resent whipple surgery, this is about the worst thing to deal with in life. We consider Dr. Btown the Best in Washington State for this surgery.
in Tacoma, WA |
Dr. Brown's skill and service was far beyond our expectations! Wonderful man and care team.
Puyallup, WA |
I hope that none of my family or friends need the experience and skill of Dr Brown but if anyone ever does, I would recommend Dr Brown and his staff without any hesitation. He got my case on Friday morning- saw me Friday afternoon.. and surgery was scheduled for Monday night. We are very thankful that Dr Brown was our surgeon and his staff is very skilled, helpful and kind.
Tacoma |
Dr Brown is a very caring doctor. I have been to the hospital with my mother for a few surgeries and i have never had a Doctor ask if he could pray for us not only before he conducts the procedure but in general.Dr. Brown goes the extra mile to make sure all our question were answered. I will recommend him to anyone whom need assistance with cancer etc.
Have you seen Dr. Tommy Brown, MD?
Are you Dr. Brown?

Visit Dr. Brown

Dr. Brown accepts 1 insurance carrier
  • Accepts most major Health Plans. Please contact our office for details.

Hospitals where Dr. Brown has admitting privileges