Dr. Tom Thomas, MD

Otolaryngology-Head and Neck SurgeryMaleAge 47

Dr. Tom Thomas, MD is a Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Specialist in Boston, MA. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Brigham And Women's Hospital and Dana - Farber Cancer Institute. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Thomas to book an appointment.

Dr. Thomas

Dana Farber Hospital

450 Brookline Ave Boston, MA 02215
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Practices at Top Hospital
    Outstanding Patient Experience Award™ See hospitals

No malpractice claims found for Massachusetts

Check Dr. Thomas' experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Thomas' Top Procedures and Conditions

Ear Ache

Dr. Thomas treats Ear Ache more than 86% of his peers

Dr. Thomas treats this condition more than 86% of his peers

Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy

Dr. Thomas performs Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy more than 85% of his peers

Dr. Thomas performs this procedure more than 85% of his peers

• Acute Tonsillitis
  • Adenoidectomy
  • Allergic Reaction
  • Allergic Rhinitis
  • Antrostomy and Antrotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Caldwell-Luc Procedure
  • Cervical Lymph Node Dissection
  • Chronic Adenoid Infection
  • Chronic Laryngitis
  • Chronic Sinusitis
  • Chronic Tonsillitis
  • Cleft Palate Repair (Palatoplasty)
  • Conductive Hearing Loss
  • Cough
  • Dacryocystorhinostomy
  • Deviated Septum
  • Diagnostic Nasal and-or Sinus Endoscopy
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Ache
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Cancer
  • ENT Surgery
  • Ethmoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Gum Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Intranasal or Sinus Procedure
  • Lymph Node Biopsy or Excision
  • Lymphadenectomy With Robotic Assistance
  • Malignant Bone Cancer of the Skull, Face, and Jaw
  • Nasal Polyp
  • Nasal Septum Surgery (Septoplasty)
  • Nose Plastic Surgery (Rhinoplasty)
  • Nosebleed
  • Sinus Surgery
  • Sinusitis
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Sphenoidectomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Sphenoidotomy (Sinus Surgery)
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing
  • Wound Repair

Dr. Thomas accepts

Dr. Thomas accepts the following insurance:

Amerihealth
Tufts PPO

Dr. Thomas' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Thomas

Dr. Thomas?
  • Listened & answered questions (117)
  • Trusted the provider's decisions (117)
  • Explained conditions well (116)
  • Long wait times (11)
  • Appointment was rushed (1)
  • Didn't explain conditions well (1)
For the past two years, I have been struggling with Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). I tried a CPAP and an oral device and found that I couldn't use them. I heard about INSPIRE sleep device and went to a sleep doctor who then recommended me to Dr. Tom Thomas, a Neck and Head surgeon. On January 6, 2021 the INSPIRE device was "installed" for a lack of a better word by Dr. Thomas! The surgery was an outpatient procedure, and I was able to go home the same day. After a 4 week period of healing, I went back to my sleep doctor who programmed the INSPIRE device. I am definitely sleeping better and wake up feeling more refreshed. Dr. Thomas guided me the entire way, answering all of my questions and concerns. I am extremely pleased that I got the INSPIRE device and would recommend it to others without hesitation! Thank you so much Dr. Thomas! I feel like I have my life back!
Christine Oertel – Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Dr Thomas came very highly recommended to me by my ENT Doctor after I was diagnosed with Stage 1 Vocal Cord Cancer in Dec 2020. After getting a 2nd opinion, I decided to have Dr Thomas perform the surgery. Dr Thomas is extremely well renowned in the Head and Neck Cancer area and is highly skilled in minimally invasive surgical techniques. Dr Thomas told me that my voice would be preserved although it may be slightly different and he explained patiently and clearly how he would do the surgery. He knew that I was extremely worried about my voice quality after the surgery. He explained that in addition to removing all of the cancer, he would also put voice preservation as the highest priority. I had the surgery on January 28, and I could not be more pleased with the outcome. The cancer was removed and my voice came back beautifully with no noticeable change. Also, I had no pain or discomfort post surgery. Dr Thomas is a very caring, compassionate Dr with exceptional surgical skills.
Mar 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Thomas to anyone needing neck surgery. He has had a clear and comprehensive knowledge of my condition and my surgery went extremely well with an excellent outcome. He is knowledgeable and patient during office visits and I never felt rushed.
  • Long wait times
Feb 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Dr. Tom Thomas is a remarkable doctor and human being. He has bed side manner that goes hand & hand with the gifted surgeon that he is. His staff in Morristown is a direct reflection of who he is and must say that they treated me from day one when I called & needed immediate attention like a queen. They managed to get me in the very next day I called and they continued to stay in touch with me throughout the entire process every day since. Their follow up calls and live appointments are all done with smiles and the utmost in care & positive energy. My journey with Dr. Thomas started just 2 months ago and all that he said would happen has come true. He had me on the surgery schedule & with a clean bill of health before Christmas. What a gift he is!!!
Beth Wieczerzak – Dec 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Dr. Thomas is an excellent surgeon and a person. I had not gotten his referral from someone but I wanted to go to him, based on his excellent profile. He has done his residency from Mayo Clinic and that top notch excellence shows in his work. Dr. Thomas is a wonderful human being too. I wanted to get my surgery done ASAP and he worked with me for the scheduling. Also, let us not forget the excellent staff at Morristown Memorial Hospital. Without their dedication to patient care, doctor's work will not be as effective. All in all Morristown Memorial Hospital has some of the best doctors and support staff. I cannot ask for anything more. ????
  • Long wait times
Mandar Shah, Ph.D. – Dec 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
I have had two thyroid surgeries by Dr. Tom Thomas. Dr. Thomas is one of the most highly regarded Head and Neck surgeons in the Morristown NJ area. His office is directly in Morristown Memorial Hospital. I came to Dr. Thomas for observation of a mass near my right thyroid that, with ultrasound biopsies, came back negative for cancer. However, as the mass became larger, Dr. Thomas agreed with me that it could be removed. After the first surgery, the mass/thyroid was discovered to have some cancer. Six weeks later, a second surgery removed my remaining left thyroid. With labs and surgery, it looks like the cancer did not spread. Dr. Thomas is referring me to appropriate treatment and monitoring of my thyroid medications and process. I have the utmost respect for Dr. Thomas and those on his surgical and staff team. There was never any difficulty in recovery, with almost no discomfort post surgery, and no need for drainage. The stitches are folded and will recede. Thank you, Dr. Thomas
Thyroid Cancer Surgery – Oct 25, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
I would like to highly recommend Dr. Tom Thomas and his excellent staff at Head and Neck Surgery at Morristown Medical Center in New Jersey. He is highly professional and caring. I am alive due to their meticulous effort in removing a cancer from my thyroid. Dr. Tom Thomas and his staff saved my life. I have read that if you save a life it is as if you save a world. There aren’t enough words to thank them for their professionalism and caring for all patients. I am so grateful to Dr. Thomas and his medical team. They are the very best
Sep 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Fantastic!!! I went to Dr. Thomas after researching Otolaryngologists. His reviews were spot on. He is thorough and knowledgeable. Dr. Thomas took his time with me and explained to me all of the options that were available regarding removal of my thyroid. He has a great presence and makes you feel at ease and safe. My surgery was performed perfectly and you can barely see my scar. The follow up appointments were no different. He never rushes and makes sure you have no question unanswered. I would recommend him to anyone who needs throat or neck surgery. I would go back to him in a heartbeat. The office and nursing staff are friendly and helpful.
Chris-Ann Forchette – Jun 24, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
I was diagnosed on May 7 with squamous cell carcinoma in one nostril. Dr. Tom Thomas at the Carol Simon Cancer Center, Morristown Medical Center was recommended to me. He scheduled a visit with me the same day. I felt comfortable with him and confident I had found the right surgeon. He clearly explained the type of cancer I had and the procedure he would perform. All pre-op tests were scheduled and completed over the next few days. The surgery was May 15 and I was discharged that day. Both pre and post-op staff were professional, caring and made me feel comfortable. I met the entire team including Dr. Thomas before surgery. After surgery, Dr. Thomas contacted my family to let them know the surgery went well, and he removed all the cancerous tissue. Dr. Thomas did an incredible job of reconstructing my nostril. I would definitely recommend Dr. Tom Thomas to family and friends. He is an excellent, caring doctor and staff at Morristown Medical Center was terrific! Thank you!
Sherry F. – Jun 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
I recently had a total thyroidectomy with Dr. Thomas. He and his staff are absolutely wonderful. They are respectful, understanding, courteous and the list goes on. As for Dr. Thomas himself he has a great presence, he listens to you as well as answering all of your questions or concerns. He explains things very well so you can understand. I love his sense of humor, you don't need the room filled with too much tension. Overall he is great, it's a shame he cant be my internal medicine doctor as well as my endocrinologist. Keep up the good work all of you and God bless!!
S. Cyrus – Nov 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Thomas by an ENT doctor after a biopsy results came back positive for cancer. He put my concerns to rest very quickly. Pre-Op, Post-Op and surgery all went very well.
Tyler – Oct 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Dr. Thomas returned my breathing, I had 2 surgeries in my 20's and they damage my airways. I spent 20 years breathing through my mouth and Dr. Thomas revised the surgery successfully. My airways are open, I can breath again. Very happy with results and enjoyed working with Dr, Thomas. He was concerned and took the time to hear the problems I had and offer an answer. Thank you for improving my quality of life. Mario C
Mario Cornejo – Sep 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Dr Thomas removed all the lymph nodes in the right side of my neck due to metastic thyroid cancer. My initial visit to him was scheduled very quickly. At that visit he detailed exactly what he planned to do. He requested an additional test that found another mass that all the prior testing had missed. At every visit he made sure that any question that I or my wife had were answered before we left the office. The surgery went well. I had very little pain and am recovering nicely. I would definitely recommend Dr. Thomas to others. He is very knowledgeable, confident and thorough. His office staff are friendly and helpful.
Aug 08, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Great Experience. Took the time to explain my issue and then performed the surgery perfectly with no visible scar. The followup went smoothly. Overall a great experience
Jun 06, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Dr. Thomas is very professional and personable. He takes the time to explain what needs to be done and how he will do it. His confidence puts you at ease. He removed th submandular saliva gland form my neck because it had a huge stone in it. The surgery went great! No Pain! The follow up appointments were fantastic. I would reccomend him to anyone who needs throat or neck surgery. He is the BEST!
May 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
I actually went to see Dr. Thomas because he was referred by a doctor from the medical practice my spouse works at. Due to having difficulty while breathing. Dr. Thomas was actually the second opinion I was looking for as the prior doctor did not give me a straight solution. Dr. Thomas took the time and patience to explain what was really wrong with my nose. A CT scan was recommended for a more detailed look. After the scan, besides the deviated septum, I had to reset the inferior turbinate and also get rid of a bubble inside my left nostril (cannot recall the medical terminology used by the Dr.) Post follow up visit went well and all had healed the way it was supposed to. I can give Dr. Thomas a thumbs up and 5 stars for his dedication and professionalism. Thanks to him I am able to breath again without any complications.
May 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
I felt extremely comfortable with TT aka Dr Thomas I would do it all over again in a heartbeat. He made me feel like one of his family members and guided me through the entire process. He gives you the opportunity of explaining to him what is it that you think is going on and then he explains everything else and helps fill in the blanks. I’m beyond grateful to have had such a great Doctor. He’s so humble and helped me through. Thanks for everything again Dr T.
May 16, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Dr. Thomas performed a total thyroidectomy on me in November, 2018. Dr. Thomas and his staff were friendly, professional, and efficient!
Feb 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Going through a surgery is never easy, but doctor Thomas was very good at explaining everything to me. He took his time throughout all my visits to explaine every step, telling me what to expect and how he and the team will perform my surgery. I had to remove my thyroid and he did such an amazing job that when I tell people that my scar was less than a month old they didn’t believe. My recovery went smoothly even the nurse from his office called me few times before my follow up visit!
Sara – Feb 18, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Dr Thomas is a wonderful doctor and very professional and would recommend him to anybody that needs his Services he is top of the line doctor in my opinion which is very hard to find. When you want good health care and to be taken care of and your life is on the line he is one of the doctors that you would want on your side. he has a wonderful bedside Manner and cares about his patients.
Barbara in Dingman's Ferry, PA – Jan 31, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Thomas?

Compassionate cancer care that is rooted in evidence based medicine

Comprehensive head and neck cancer care

• Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery