Dr. Tom Thomas, MD

Otolaryngology-Head and Neck SurgeryMaleAge 48

Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery

Dr. Tom Thomas, MD is a Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Specialist in Morristown, NJ and has over 17 years of experience in the medical field. He graduated from HOWARD UNIV COLL OF MED in 2005. He is affiliated with medical facilities such as Brigham And Women's Hospital and Dana - Farber Cancer Institute. His office accepts new patients and telehealth appointments.

Dr. Tom Thomas, MD

Children's Surgical Services

100 Madison Ave Morristown, NJ 07960
Telehealth services available
Telehealth services available

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Otolaryngology-Head and Neck Surgery Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth

high
high

Dr. Thomas treats Oral Cancer more than 91% of his peers

Dr. Thomas treats this condition more than 91% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Cancer of Floor of Mouth
  • Lip Cancer
  • Oral Squamous Cell Carcinoma
  • Palate Cancer
  • Tongue Cancer
Ear Ache

Dr. Thomas treats Ear Ache more than 85% of his peers

Dr. Thomas treats this condition more than 85% of his peers

Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)

Dr. Thomas performs Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES) more than 80% of his peers

Dr. Thomas performs this procedure more than 80% of his peers

• Chronic Tonsillitis
  • Conductive Hearing Loss
  • Cough
  • Deviated Septum
  • Drooping Eyelids (Ptosis)
  • Dysphagia
  • Ear Ache
  • Enlarged Turbinates
  • ENT Cancer
  • Eustachian Tube Dysfunction
  • Evaluation and Treatment of Sleep Disorders
  • Eyelid Disorders
  • Fiberoptic Endoscopic Evaluation of Swallowing (FEES)
  • Gum Cancer
  • Head and Neck Cancer
  • Head or Neck Lump or Swelling
  • Hoarse Voice (Dysphonia)
  • Jaw Fracture
  • Sinusitis
  • Sjögren's Syndrome
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma
  • Soft Tissue Sarcoma of Head, Face, and Neck
  • Throat Cancer (Hypopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Nasopharyngeal)
  • Throat Cancer (Oropharyngeal)
  • Throat Pain
  • Vocal Cord Paralysis
  • Vocal Cord Polyp
  • Wheezing

Dr. Thomas accepts

Dr. Thomas accepts the following insurance:

Select

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Thomas

0.7194244604316546%

Dr. Thomas

Excellent
I highly recommend Dr. Thomas and his team!! I was diagnosed with papillary thyroid cancer in June and then was referred to Dr. Thomas for total thyroidectomy. He and his team were very kind, caring and professional. He answered all my questions and went into detail of the surgery thoroughly. The procedure went good with no complications. My recovery is quick and the scar is well healing after 2 weeks.
Aug 09, 2022
Worth The Wait
Am so grateful to Dr Thomas and his staff for the excellent care they provided me for the removal of a parathyroid gland. My endocrinologist gave me only one name for this procedure. I researched and interviewed 3 and I choose Dr Thomas. He and staff were kind, understanding, professional, and I knew I was in good hands. I was especially concerned about scar I’d be left with after procedure. Dr Thomas assured me it would be almost invisible and he was right! No one can even see the scar. I am so pleased with my entire experience with Dr Thomas and staff.
C. McWilliams – Jul 09, 2022
Amazing
Dr. Thomas was my last dr i was going to see. I had thyroid cancer and had surgery and then radiation treatment and the cancer just seemed to not want to go away . I was told i needed surgery again . All the other Dr i saw told me there was a very high chance i would not be able to talk after the second surgery. Dr. Thomas did my surgery and i woke up with still having my voice and felt amazing after recovering. My recovery was even amazing .. The surgery was difficult but Dr Thomas is amazing at what he does. If anyone needs an amazing dr who cares about his patience and does amazing things in the OR i recommend DR. Thomas highly.
Sunshine M – Jun 18, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
I would like to highly recommend Dr. Tom Thomas, I was diagnosed in September 2022 with thyroid cancer and it spread to some of my lymph nodes and Dr.Bhanu Iyer recommend him to be my surgeon for my total thyroidectomy and neck dissection, I was really scared about this surgery, but when I met with Dr. Tom Thomas, he took his time to explain to me about the surgery and even he drew a picture and went into every detail of the surgery and made me feel more comfortable and secure to continue with the surgery. The day of the surgery I met with his surgical team and he came before the surgery to check on me. The after care of the surgery in the Hospital was one of the best and his team is really professional and caring. The scar of the surgery after 6 months you can't even see it at all. His skills as surgeon are amazing, and he is a wonderful human being. He is an excellent, caring doctor and I will highly recommend him as a surgeon, I don't have the words to said thank you for the am
Marilyn Guardia – May 10, 2022
Veronica M. Conte
Dr. Tom Thomas was highly recommended by my Endocrinologist when a Thyroidectomy was warranted. All the reviews on him on the internet were positive and often glowing. I was very nervous at my first appointment with Dr Thomas. I found him to be approachable, knowledgeable and most importantly at the time, compassionate. Dr. Thomas reassured me and patiently explained every step of my surgical treatment. I felt confident and calm by the time surgery day came. I have been an RN for half a century. I know the attributes that make a great physician and Dr. Tom Thomas emulates them all. He is kind , empathetic, skilled and compassionate. I would recommend him to any of my family and friends who need head or neck surgery. P.S. It's only been six weeks since my surgery. My scar is healing beautifully.
  • Difficult to schedule appointment
Veronica M Conte Rn, BSN, MSed – Apr 26, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Dr. Thomas and his entire staff at Morristown Medical Center provided high quality, compassionate care. Dr. Thomas explains everything well and answers all my questions, and i felt completely comfortable entrusting him with a complex surgical procedure. His NP met me in the office on a holiday for postsurgical care, and again she explained everything and answered questions. His entire staff is kind and helpful with the administrative issues that can often create negative experiences in the medical arena. I recommend him highly.
Caroline – Feb 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
I found Dr. Thomas after searching for top doctors for thyroid surgery in my area. I do not typically write reviews but it was the reviews left by other patients of Dr. Thomas that led me to make an appointment with him to discuss my surgical options. He took the time to clearly explain the surgery (total thyroidectomy) answer my questions, and set my mind at ease. I was instantly comfortable with him and knew I was in capable hands. The surgery went well as did the recovery. He has a fantastic bedside manner and a good sense of humor too. The nurses and staff at this practice were also friendly and helpful. I would absolutely recommend Dr. Thomas to family and friends.
Liz – Feb 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
I was recommended to Dr. Thomas for my Parathyroidectomy. Everything was thoroughly explained. My fears disappeared. Both his team and Dr. Thomas were friendly and made me feel comfortable. He is the best! Thank you, Dr. Thomas for restoring my quality of life.
R.A.Pyontek – Feb 14, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Dr. Thomas is skilled, capable, caring and he listens! I have utter confidence in him. His surgical prowess is impeccable!
Feb 13, 2022
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Dr Thomas came highly recommended and I know why!! His personality and surgical skill is amazing!! Sometimes there is a wait to see him but it is well worth the wait!!
Kathy – Nov 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
I was experiencing problems with my bloodwork; specifically my calcium levels which were very high; I saw my Endocronologist and he suggested I see Dr Tom Thomas; I had already researched Surgeons and knew that Dr Tom Thomas was at the top of my list. Even though I live in Bergen County I opted to have surgery by Dr. Thomas in Morristown Hospital and I am so happy I made that decision. He is such a knowledgeable man; as well as the best bedside manner of any surgeon that I've come in contact with. I would highly recommend him to anyone who is having problems with their Thyroid. I ended up having a total Thyroidectomy and (2) Parathyroids removed in August 2021 and experienced no after surgery problems. He is skilled beyond words and he and his team followed up with me in the hospital, post-surgery.
Cathy – Oct 17, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
My son went to Dr. Thomas to remove a very large cyst from his neck. Dr. Thomas and his staff were understanding to our concerns and the need to get this cyst removed as soon as possible. They were able to fit us in for surgery within a few weeks of our initial visit. Dr. Thomas explained the treatment plan and answered all of our questions. He put us at ease as he knew we were very nervous and concerned about the location and size of the cyst. As soon as surgery was done Dr. Thomas called me in the waiting room to fill me in on my son's condition. He explained the follow up care needed and assured me all went well. We just had our final follow up visit and couldn't be happier with our overall experience with Dr. Thomas an his entire staff. Thank you Dr. Thomas for everything you did for my son.
Eric – Oct 01, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
I had to have most of my thyroid removed due to a large nodule causing my airway to be partially blocked. I had already made the decision have the surgery in the near future, but a sudden frightening change in my ability to breath lead me to the ER at Morristown Medical Center and Dr. Thomas. Naturally I was nervous, but Dr. Thomas’ calm, reassuring demeanor put me at ease. I found him to be compassionate and felt comfortable with his explanations of my condition and his plan to resolve the problem. While I assumed thyroid surgery would be a pain in the neck (pun intended), Dr. Thomas made the situation less stressful. Truth be told, it was not particularly painful (more uncomfortable than painful) and my recovery was quick. I was out of the hospital the next day. I would recommend Dr. Thomas without reservation. I found him to be professional and kind, and I consider myself fortunate that he was available and willing to perform my surgery.
Jul 25, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Dr. Thomas removed my thyroglossal duct cyst this year. During our first meeting he was down to earth, personable, and spoke to me in laymen’s terms. I was immediately comfortable. The surgery turned out to be a tricky one, but my recovery was great and the scar after 3 months looks wonderful; thanks to his skilled hands. I recommend without reservation.
Laurie Opthof – May 28, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
I carefully searched for a top surgeon for my thyroid procedure and identified Dr Thomas. I was pleased when my endocrinologist suggested him as well. The surgery was a success and thankfully recovery was completely pain-free with minimal very temporary restrictions. Dr Thomas and his team were just a pleasure throughout, caring, deeply knowledgeable, professional and friendly at every step. I'm thankful to have made an excellent choice. I recommend most highly.
David Yaskulka – Apr 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
For the past two years, I have been struggling with Obstructive Sleep Apnea (OSA). I tried a CPAP and an oral device and found that I couldn't use them. I heard about INSPIRE sleep device and went to a sleep doctor who then recommended me to Dr. Tom Thomas, a Neck and Head surgeon. On January 6, 2021 the INSPIRE device was "installed" for a lack of a better word by Dr. Thomas! The surgery was an outpatient procedure, and I was able to go home the same day. After a 4 week period of healing, I went back to my sleep doctor who programmed the INSPIRE device. I am definitely sleeping better and wake up feeling more refreshed. Dr. Thomas guided me the entire way, answering all of my questions and concerns. I am extremely pleased that I got the INSPIRE device and would recommend it to others without hesitation! Thank you so much Dr. Thomas! I feel like I have my life back!
Christine Oertel – Mar 24, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Dr Thomas came very highly recommended to me by my ENT Doctor after I was diagnosed with Stage 1 Vocal Cord Cancer in Dec 2020. After getting a 2nd opinion, I decided to have Dr Thomas perform the surgery. Dr Thomas is extremely well renowned in the Head and Neck Cancer area and is highly skilled in minimally invasive surgical techniques. Dr Thomas told me that my voice would be preserved although it may be slightly different and he explained patiently and clearly how he would do the surgery. He knew that I was extremely worried about my voice quality after the surgery. He explained that in addition to removing all of the cancer, he would also put voice preservation as the highest priority. I had the surgery on January 28, and I could not be more pleased with the outcome. The cancer was removed and my voice came back beautifully with no noticeable change. Also, I had no pain or discomfort post surgery. Dr Thomas is a very caring, compassionate Dr with exceptional surgical skills.
Mar 19, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
I would recommend Dr. Thomas to anyone needing neck surgery. He has had a clear and comprehensive knowledge of my condition and my surgery went extremely well with an excellent outcome. He is knowledgeable and patient during office visits and I never felt rushed.
Feb 11, 2021
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Dr. Tom Thomas is a remarkable doctor and human being. He has bed side manner that goes hand & hand with the gifted surgeon that he is. His staff in Morristown is a direct reflection of who he is and must say that they treated me from day one when I called & needed immediate attention like a queen. They managed to get me in the very next day I called and they continued to stay in touch with me throughout the entire process every day since. Their follow up calls and live appointments are all done with smiles and the utmost in care & positive energy. My journey with Dr. Thomas started just 2 months ago and all that he said would happen has come true. He had me on the surgery schedule & with a clean bill of health before Christmas. What a gift he is!!!
Beth Wieczerzak – Dec 28, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?
Dr. Thomas is an excellent surgeon and a person. I had not gotten his referral from someone but I wanted to go to him, based on his excellent profile. He has done his residency from Mayo Clinic and that top notch excellence shows in his work. Dr. Thomas is a wonderful human being too. I wanted to get my surgery done ASAP and he worked with me for the scheduling. Also, let us not forget the excellent staff at Morristown Memorial Hospital. Without their dedication to patient care, doctor's work will not be as effective. All in all Morristown Memorial Hospital has some of the best doctors and support staff. I cannot ask for anything more. ????
Mandar Shah, Ph.D. – Dec 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Thomas, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Thomas?