Orthopedic Hand Surgery  |
Dr. Tom Karnezis, MD
Dr. Tom Karnezis, MD is an orthopedic hand surgery doctor who practices in Des Plaines, IL. He is 55 years old. Dr. Karnezis is affiliated with Advocate Condell Medical Center, Elmhurst Memorial Hospital, Swedish Covenant Hospital, Alexian Brothers Medical Center, Gottlieb Memorial Hospital, Advocate Lutheran General Hospital and St. Alexius Medical Center.

8901 Golf Rd Ste 203

Des Plaines, IL 60016

Learn about Dr. Karnezis

See how frequently Dr. Karnezis performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
Knee and Leg Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
Fracture Care

Dr. Karnezis's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Orthopedic Hand Surgery

• Dupuytren's Contracture
  • Elbow Sprain
  • Femur Fracture
  • Foot Fracture
  • Fracture of Hand (incl. Fingers)
  • Ganglion Cyst
  • Knee Dislocation
  • Knee Fracture
  • Knee Sprain
  • Lateral Collateral Ligament (LCL) Sprain
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture

• Synovial Biopsy
  • Trigger Finger Release
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate
  • Wrist Replacement

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

• University Of Chicago
    Medical School | Graduated
  • Northwestern Center Feinberg School Of Medicine
    Internship Hospital | Completed
  • Northwestern Memorial Hospital
  • University Of Washington
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed

Dr. Karnezis has no media or publications listed.

• Polish

Dr. Karnezis does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Karnezis and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Karnezis' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Karnezis to family and friends
3.8
Dr. Karnezis' Performance
in Oak Park, IL |
I would recommend him for anything to anyone.
in Wheeling |
I was having hand problems, Carpal Tunnel Syndrome, Trigger Finger and the VA was not helping me so my family doctor recommended Dr Karnezis and he solved and fixed all my aches and pains.. I highly recommend Dr Tom Karnezis as a skilled Orthopedic Surgeon.
I would highly recommend Dr. Karnezis. He is patient, considerate, and very caring. He offered several care options for treatment and rehabilitation for my knee injury.
Morton Grove, IL |
Very good service! He is very attentive and has helped immensely!
in University Park, IL |
Motorcycle accident. He spent more time going over my MRI and test than any other doctor. Ordered the right tests that got me diagnosed and treated. Sometimes there is a long wait. But worth it.
Skokie, IL |
Dr. Karnezis was very helpful with caring for my trigger finger repair. Had surgery for my middle finger trigger finger and cyst removal on my right hand. Surgery was a success and was back to work within 5 weeks.
in Wood Dale, IL |
Found Dr. Karnezis to be extremely sympathetic to my problem with my knees. Left feeling pleased and rejuvenated. Highly recommend!
Dr. Tom has been treating me for severe injuries due to a work related incident he is a caring and great physician and would highly recommend him
in SAN Antonio, Texas |
Dr. Karnezis performed surgery on my broken femur on Saturday, July 15th. I recommend him highly, he gave up his Saturday and spent the majority of the day doing my surgery. He is very professional and knowledgeable. While visiting Chicago from Texas I broke my femur and consider myself very fortunate to have had Dr. Karnezis as my doctor.
in Forest Park, IL |
Dr Karnezis has been my Doctor for almost 2 decades and I would recommend him to everyone I know. His practice is his own, so you get the highly coveted one on one care that you will not get at a large university or teaching hospital. If you have an emergency HE is the one who calls you back instead of a stranger. I have multiple orthopedic issues and connective tissue disease which causes my tendons and ligaments to tear for no apparent reason plus I've been in multiple motor vehicle collisions
Mchenry, IL |
Dr. Karnezis is truly a professional in every respect. He is knowledgeable, experienced and caring. His staff does a great job helping you through all non doctor related aspects of using Dr. Karnezis. I can' not thank them enough for their genuine concern and help through this difficult time.. I was blessed to find this Doctor when I really needed help.. I would highly recommend him to anyone needing orthopedic surgery or care.
Des Plaines, IL |
Truly a caring and compassionate Dr. I would highly recommend him!
Streamwood, IL |
We found Dr. Karnezis after our first orthopedic doctor retired. my husband had a very bad infection in his hand/finger and he saved it. We love him. He is very thorough. He is easy to talk to. He explaines things so you can understand. He recently moved which is farther for us but he is worth the trip! His office staff is friendly but professional.
in Norridge |
I have been going to Dr. Karnezis for years he's the best orthopedic surgeon I've ever had,he is a very compassionate doctor,I've had four major surgeries,he did a fantastic job,I highly recommend him,he really explains every detail and he listens( GREAT BEDSIDE MANNERS) and he has a wonderful staff love them all!!!! Thank you so much for taking care of me Love Lura Frerking!!
in Chicago, IL |
The first time I met Dr. Karnezis was in the emergency room of the hospital. I had severe fractures on my knee and shoulder. Dr. Karnezis performed the surgery on my fractures. He did an excellent job repairing both fractures.
in Chicago, IL |
I have been a patient of Dr. Karnezis, since 2012 and I have been very please with his staff and bedside manner. I have been treated for neck issues and also he performed three arthroscopic surgeries right hand, right and left knee. I must add they all quick recovery and very successful. I highly recommend Dr. Tom Karnezis...
in Chicago, IL |
I had hand surgery and as a result was unable to move my small finger. Dr. Karnezis performed a second surgery and corrected the mistake. I highly recommend him.
in Hoffman estates il |
Four generations of our family have found him to be a wonderful doctor. His skill with so many different ages is astounding.. great bedside manner and his personal knowledge of his patients, all his patients confounds me every time I see him. Thanks doc.
in NILES, IL |
This is the best doctor I know !!! As a union carpenter working high rise repetitive construction. My body took a beating. My 1st surgery with Doc K. was in 2004. My left thumb had worn out. No cartiledge was left inside. It was bone on bone. I couldn't hold a twinkie.. Overwelming pain. Doc K pulled out an unused tendon out of my left forearm , rolled it up and held it in there with a temporary pin. After PT my thumb was like brand new,and still functions great. 2009 carpal tunnel
in Edison Park |
I've been seeing Dr. Karnezis many years for knee & shoulder problems. Thanks to him, I can continue on my bowling league! He's an excellent doctor/surgeon... very caring & friendly and spends quality time with patients. His office nurses & staff are wonderful.
in Chicago, IL |
Dr Karnezis is an excellent physician and surgeon. He explains in detail what procedure he is doing. I have had both shoulder and knee surgery. He answers all questions you may have and has great follow up. His office staff are friendly, very nice and helpful.
in Chicago, IL |
I have undergone surgeries by Dr. Karnezis to repair serious damages to my shoulders, elbow, knee, ankle and hand. Before receiving treatment from him, I could not sleep and was in significant pain all the time. I am a 68 year old male and am now working full time and back in the gym. I am again experiencing good life quality due to his skill. I have known him for a very long time and he is a good, compassionate man. His office staff is also great.
Darien, IL |
His mind works faster and more complex than anyone I've ever known. I trust him explicitly. He's done 5 surgeries on me and has worked with over 7 of my family members as well. I wouldn't trust my Orthopedic issues to anybody else. Have seen work on some other patients from plane crashes and gun violence. His work is amazing!!!#
in Chicago, IL |
Ruptured my quadricep and tore my bicep and rotator cuff muscles. Very happy to be walking along with minimal pain in my shoulder as well thanks to Dr. Karnezis. Recommended
in Des plaines il |
That's a really good doctor I got surgery with him and my left shoulder my shoulder is really good thank you dr. Karnezis
in Chicago, IL |
There is no doubt that Dr. Karnezis is a fine surgeon. I had lacerated my right hand while trying to prepare myself a snack. I found out soon after that I had severed three nerves going to my index finger and thumb. People at work were surprised to see me back at work and on the computer in 10 weeks. He's a balance of no-nonsense and compassion. My right hand is still healing but I know it will take time; I am going to see him in a few months for follow-up.
in Chicago, IL |
Doctor Tom Karnezis operated my husband's left elbow, it was a complicated one. They told us my husband probably would be back to work in 6-7 months, but he was able to start working after 4 months. He's feeling very good and still we're seeing doctor Karnezis for check ups. He's really friendly, helpful, and a great surgeon.
in Mount Prospect, IL |
Dr. Karnezis is an excellent doctor and surgeon. I was having extreme pain and numbness in my hand that made it hard to do anything. Dr. Karnezis did a great job explaining the surgery I would need to fix my hand, and after he did the surgery on my hand, it feels like brand new. I recommend Dr. Karnezis to everyone.
Elmwood Park, IL |
Dr Karnezis is a great doc. He takes his time and will talk to you and answer al yours questions. He never turns anyone away.
in Streamwood, IL |
Dr K is a wonderful man and surgeon. He cares deeply about his patients. He done 3 surgeries for me. 2 on my CMC joint and also saved my thumb after I nearly severed it with a table saw. You will have to plan on waiting for him with appointments, but I would recommend highly.
in Des Plaines, IL |
I have been under Dr Karnezis care for several years and he has performed three surgeries to correct trigger finger as well as carpal tunnel problems. I am totally satisfied with the results due to his skill as a surgeon. Very little after surgery discomfort and immediate total elimination of the numbness caused by the carpal tunnel problem.
Palatine, IL |
My family and I have been patients of Dr Karnezis for many years. He is an amazing surgeon and a caring doctor. He repaired my torn rotator cuff and now my shoulder feels great!!
Bradley, IL |
Dr. Karnezis has help our family many times over the years with hand breaks, finger breaks. We would only go to him. He knows the hand so well. He is very detail oriented and thinks outside of the box when it comes o fixing an unusual break in the hand. My son actually just had hand surgery resently and between surgery and PT it's back to new. He actually corr ct d a finger surgery that we had with another doctor so that it wouldn't look so deformed and be more functional. Totally recommend him.
in elk grove village, Il |
Medical. No problems. Visits and billing. The worst I've seen
in Chicago, IL |
Such an stupid guy(black ship of the Doctor's community) always ask the patient to get the surgery from his facility, Which is not necessary for the other doctors. Plz don't go there, & avoid such a butcher..!
in South Elgin, IL |
Yes u may have to wait to see him in his office, but he is amazing!!! Just had two trigger fingers and carpal tunnel surgeries on my right hand and it's amazing!!! I can't believe how minimally invasive surgery was! Going to go have left hand done soon! He's great!!!!!
Have you seen Dr. Tom Karnezis, MD?
Are you Dr. Karnezis?