Dr. Tom Ju, MD

Dr. Ju
Telehealth services available

National Spine & Pain Centers

251 Keisler Dr Ste 1 Cary, NC 27518

Dr. Tom Ju, MD is a Pain Medicine Specialist in Cary, NC. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ju to book an appointment.

Healthgrades Provider Compare™

Quickly compare more Pain Medicine Specialists in your area

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Offers Telehealth
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

No malpractice claims found for North Carolina

Dr. Ju treats this condition more than 100% of his peers

Osteoarthritis of Spine

Dr. Ju treats Osteoarthritis of Spine more than 99% of his peers

Dr. Ju treats this condition more than 99% of his peers

Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement)

Dr. Ju treats Radiculopathy (Not Due to Disc Displacement) more than 97% of his peers

Dr. Ju treats this condition more than 97% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Brachial Neuritis
  • Polyneuritis
  • Radiculitis
  • Ulnar Neuritis
  • Vestibular Neuritis
Hide other areas of care

Dr. Ju's conditions and procedures:

• Spinal Nerve Block
  • Trigeminal Neuralgia
  • Upper Back Pain

Dr. Ju accepts

Dr. Ju accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO
HealthyBlue 2.0
HealthyBlue Advantage

Dr. Ju's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ju

Dr. Ju
Dr Ju has been a tremendous help in exploring options to help with my issues. He isn't all about giving medicine and sending you home. He listens to my concerns and tries techniques to help get my pain under control and he looks for a long term answer and not a quick fix. HIGHLY RECOMMEND HIM
Anthony perry – Jun 19, 2021
Had low back and knee pain for a long time. I wouldn't say I'm pain free but I'm definitely way better now and getting around. Dr Tom really cares and he explains things in a way that made sense to me!
Mike – Apr 09, 2021
I am a new patient of Dr. Ju. My first impression of the office was welcoming and his staff was so nice and had compassion. Once I met Dr. Ju he was very nice. Once he did his initial assessment he was able to quickly inform me that a condition I was diagnosed with and have dealt with for years with no help from specialist, I didn't suffer from. I was misdiagnosed with migraines and he went in depth about what was really going on with me and even gave me an injection to prove it and within seconds my migraine was gone and still is! It's been a week and still no migraine! I am so grateful that I have found Dr. Ju! To have had head pain for so long and be debilitated where I struggled to take care of 2 small children and now have NO PAIN is unbelievable and a blessing!
Octavia – Dec 02, 2020
My primary care referred me to Dr. Ju, and it has proved to be the best gift I have ever been given. I was born with Lordosis and suffered my first spinal injury at around 17 years old. In the subsequent 50 some years I have suffered from multiple damaged disks and other back and neck injuries that contribute to acute migraines. For most of these years I have been given liberal doses of narcotics. I have pursued "mindfulness", meditation, and yoga, and I have worn a couple of back braces. Sometimes the arthritis and sciatica get to the point that I need a cane or crutches to walk. Thanks to advances in medical science and Dr. Ju's care and expertise I am experiencing relief of a quality I did not think possible. He and his skilled technician Jessica are a potent team. Thoroughly professional yet warm, friendly, and even somewhat jocular, they keep the mood light and your apprehensions low. The procedures can be tough but the payoff is worth it.
Dale T. Williams – Nov 08, 2020
Dr. Ju is at the top of his game when it comes to pain expertise and experience in his field. He has excellent bedside manner and takes the time to thoroughly explain an injury and how that injury has a cascading effect on other parts of the body. I’m a runner, and was averaging about 60 miles a week but was sidelined with what I thought was a a sciatica issue. I tried everything from visiting a chiropractor to physical therapy and nothing helped. Pretty discouraged, I went to see Dr. Ju while visiting my sister in North Carolina. After examining me, he said I had a tight piriformis and scoliosis. He then recommended a trigger point injection + explained why and possible outcomes. Immediately after getting trigger point injection, I had no pain and was able to go back to running pain free(which was hard for me to believe). I now fly from Los Angeles every six weeks to see him. He is a miracle worker. Thank you, Dr. Ju, and staff
J Pittman – Oct 14, 2020
Thank you so much for taking the time to share...Read More
Dr. Ju took the time to show me the Xray image after my procedure and explain why the needles went where they did and any other questions I had. He returns phone calls (some providers I have had in the past did not). He explains things in plain and easy to understand ways. The office he is at is ok; most of the staff is very nice.
Barbara P. – Sep 14, 2020
Dr.Ju is a wonderful, caring and Thoughtful Doctor. He takes his time to describe what your problem is and how he can help you. He even is an artist with stick figures to show you where your pain is coming from. It is a delightful visit each time I go. The staff is excellent, friendly, kind and very prompt. I will highly recommend Dr. Ju to my large group of friends who count on my opinion.
Carole Mathis – Sep 05, 2020
Dr. Ju and staff are very helpful. Dr. Ju truly wants to help with my back pain and get me relief the best way possible. I highly recommend Dr. Ju.
Pearl B – Aug 29, 2020
Dr. Ju and his team are doing a wonderful job w/ my pain issues. They take the time to answer all my questions and concerns in a way that I can understand. They're professional, always joking with me...very real people. They're good about answering the phone - one time, Dr. Ju just took the call himself and answered my questions. I cannot possibly give them a higher recommendation. They're the best!
Jack Bleiberg – Aug 26, 2020
Dr Ju was so helpful to me. I wanted someone to help me figure out why I was in pain all the time, but not just throw medications at me. He really took the time to help me understand what was going on, how my body was relaying pain, what mechanisms of action each thing we tried had, and truly wanted to help me. I cannot recommend him enough. He thinks outside the box with his treatments and really wants the best for his patients.
Amanda – Aug 24, 2020
My experience with Dr. Ju was interesting. I think that it took us a little while to get on the same page, but we are there now, and things are going only up with our MD/Patient relationship. I think Dr. Ju is very caring, he wants you to understand all of the implications of his expertise in your pain management issues. He goes above and beyond to make you understand with making the right choices for your pain management.
  • Long wait times
Kim Corbett – Jul 11, 2020
Dr. Ju really cares about his patients and wants to see them relieved of their pain. He spends time listening and explaining to his patients.
May 23, 2020
seeing Dr, Ju for the ffirst time impressed me by taking the time to explain to me what was the physical nature for the pain I have. he took the time to explain everything related physically in terms I could understand and together we made a specialized plan just for me. he made me feel comfortable in a way I have never had any other physician make me feel so informed or be at such ease as He did. I highly recommend him to anyone who has a problem with pain.
KEITH MADDOX – May 11, 2020
He is great very informative friendly he explains everything in detail so you can understand and helps you make the best decision for you.
JoAnne Norris – Apr 19, 2020
Dr. Ju, Specialist, in Pain Management has made a vast difference in my tolerance to pain. I had many Physicians before him that did not seem to hear when I told them what was happening in my back. Dr. Ju, took time to listen. After review of MRI,s he so my problem an took time to explain why my pain level was so high. He recomended an Epidural injection in my neck area. Which was done along with two medications. Iam happy to say I am 80% pain free. Just having him explain the damage to my spine and how the nerves were being pinched gave me a clearer understanding of my pain issues. I was having trouble walking no more and i'm not crying with pain which i did a lot of before coming to Dr. Ju's practice. He takes time to explain and answer all questions.
Lessie Woodruff – Apr 13, 2020
Chronic pain sufferers know how hard it is to find a doctor who will actually listen to your concerns, needs, input and who genuinely wants to HELP you manage pain and it's causes. It's very hard to find one that you the patient can trust to really be about your best interest, and sometimes equally hard to find one that is willing to trust their patients, LISTEN to their concerns and thoughts. I'm very pleased to find that Dr Ju IS ONE of those doctors who LISTENS, CARES and works WITH the patient, to find better solutions for the individual. Advice when seeing Dr Ju and things I've learned from being his patient? 1) Have an open mind, he really IS trying to help. 2) TRY what he suggests, work WITH HIM to find the best solution for YOU. 3) He will earn your trust if you'll let him ....and all that seems like a rare thing these days. 5) If he seems blunt about something, it's because he's not blowing smoke at you, he's being real, LISTEN so he can help. I'd DEFINITELY recommend Dr Ju!
Daniel – Apr 10, 2020
Dr. Ju is a caring physician who wants to help his patients. He explained things thoroughly, using words a non-medical person could understand. Meeting Dr. Ju was one of the best days of my life. Among physicians, I would say Dr. Ju is outstanding!
Earl Butler – Mar 17, 2020
I have been to pain management doctors since 2000 and I have never met a doctor who is like Dr. Ju. He took the time and explained the procedures, answered all my questions, went over my x-rays with me. He took the time to actually hear my concerns and offered suggestions and other procedures that might help me. He is vey caring. I would highly recommend Dr. Ju. I have multiple areas of pain from multiple cervical and spinal surgeries, to injuring my knee and my hip and Dr. Ju took the time to sit and go over the types of treatments that he felt would be beneficial to treating y areas of pain.
Aprile – Mar 09, 2020
Dr. Tom is probably the best doctor I've ever had. He takes the time to explain exactly what's REALLY being said in the various reports from other doctors. That's actually the key point -- "He takes the time!" I see a LOT of doctors for a multitude of reasons (ophthalmologist, dentist, periodontics specialist, internist, cardiologist, etc.), & Dr. Tom is the ONLY one that takes the time & effort to make sure that I'm aware of what procedure I'm about to undergo & what I can expect that procedure to accomplish. Additionally, if there's an option as to what procedures are available to treat my particular issues, he involves me in that decision making process, & his explanations make my decision an enlightened one! I would highly recommend Dr. Tom to anyone that is in need of pain management!
Eric Erickson – Nov 26, 2019
The most understanding caring doctor I’ve ever had. He’s passionate explains things in terms you can totally understand. I feel he’s very trustworthy and I DO trust him. He’s very nice, patient, doesn’t mind answering a question more than once. He’s very pleasant and kind
Linda Zema Of Fayetteville nc – Nov 15, 2019

How was your experience with Dr. Ju?

Specializing in areas such as the spine, peripheral nerve, joints and muscles, Dr. Tom W. Ju joined the National Spine and Pain Centers in October 2019. Read more

• Pain Medicine