Dr. Tom Ju, MD

Dr. Ju
Telehealth services available

National Spine & Pain Centers

251 Keisler Dr Ste 1 Cary, NC 27518

Dr. Tom Ju, MD is a Pain Medicine Specialist in Cary, NC. He is accepting new patients and has indicated that he accepts telehealth appointments. Be sure to call ahead with Dr. Ju to book an appointment.

Compare Doctors

Quickly compare more Pain Medicine Doctors in your area

See similar Pain Medicine Doctors in Cary

• Explains Conditions Well
    Patients said this doctor explains conditions well. See reviews
  • Trustworthy
    Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Ju accepts

Dr. Ju accepts the following insurance:

National (BlueCard) PPO

Dr. Ju's conditions and procedures:

• Chronic Pain

Help Improve Healthgrades

Does Dr. Tom Ju, MD...

Have free onsite parking?

Communicate via email?

Offer weekend visits?

Offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Offer an online patient portal?

Dr. Ju's Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Ju

Dr. Ju?
What People Say About Dr. Tom Ju, MD
Dr. Ju really cares about his patients and wants to see them relieved of their pain. He spends time listening and explaining to his patients.
May 23, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
seeing Dr, Ju for the ffirst time impressed me by taking the time to explain to me what was the physical nature for the pain I have. he took the time to explain everything related physically in terms I could understand and together we made a specialized plan just for me. he made me feel comfortable in a way I have never had any other physician make me feel so informed or be at such ease as He did. I highly recommend him to anyone who has a problem with pain.
KEITH MADDOX – May 11, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
He is great very informative friendly he explains everything in detail so you can understand and helps you make the best decision for you.
JoAnne Norris – Apr 19, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
Dr. Ju, Specialist, in Pain Management has made a vast difference in my tolerance to pain. I had many Physicians before him that did not seem to hear when I told them what was happening in my back. Dr. Ju, took time to listen. After review of MRI,s he so my problem an took time to explain why my pain level was so high. He recomended an Epidural injection in my neck area. Which was done along with two medications. Iam happy to say I am 80% pain free. Just having him explain the damage to my spine and how the nerves were being pinched gave me a clearer understanding of my pain issues. I was having trouble walking no more and i'm not crying with pain which i did a lot of before coming to Dr. Ju's practice. He takes time to explain and answer all questions.
Lessie Woodruff – Apr 13, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
Chronic pain sufferers know how hard it is to find a doctor who will actually listen to your concerns, needs, input and who genuinely wants to HELP you manage pain and it's causes. It's very hard to find one that you the patient can trust to really be about your best interest, and sometimes equally hard to find one that is willing to trust their patients, LISTEN to their concerns and thoughts. I'm very pleased to find that Dr Ju IS ONE of those doctors who LISTENS, CARES and works WITH the patient, to find better solutions for the individual. Advice when seeing Dr Ju and things I've learned from being his patient? 1) Have an open mind, he really IS trying to help. 2) TRY what he suggests, work WITH HIM to find the best solution for YOU. 3) He will earn your trust if you'll let him ....and all that seems like a rare thing these days. 5) If he seems blunt about something, it's because he's not blowing smoke at you, he's being real, LISTEN so he can help. I'd DEFINITELY recommend Dr Ju!
Daniel – Apr 10, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
Dr. Ju is a caring physician who wants to help his patients. He explained things thoroughly, using words a non-medical person could understand. Meeting Dr. Ju was one of the best days of my life. Among physicians, I would say Dr. Ju is outstanding!
Earl Butler – Mar 17, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
I have been to pain management doctors since 2000 and I have never met a doctor who is like Dr. Ju. He took the time and explained the procedures, answered all my questions, went over my x-rays with me. He took the time to actually hear my concerns and offered suggestions and other procedures that might help me. He is vey caring. I would highly recommend Dr. Ju. I have multiple areas of pain from multiple cervical and spinal surgeries, to injuring my knee and my hip and Dr. Ju took the time to sit and go over the types of treatments that he felt would be beneficial to treating y areas of pain.
Aprile – Mar 09, 2020
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
Dr. Tom is probably the best doctor I've ever had. He takes the time to explain exactly what's REALLY being said in the various reports from other doctors. That's actually the key point -- "He takes the time!" I see a LOT of doctors for a multitude of reasons (ophthalmologist, dentist, periodontics specialist, internist, cardiologist, etc.), & Dr. Tom is the ONLY one that takes the time & effort to make sure that I'm aware of what procedure I'm about to undergo & what I can expect that procedure to accomplish. Additionally, if there's an option as to what procedures are available to treat my particular issues, he involves me in that decision making process, & his explanations make my decision an enlightened one! I would highly recommend Dr. Tom to anyone that is in need of pain management!
Eric Erickson – Nov 26, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
The most understanding caring doctor I’ve ever had. He’s passionate explains things in terms you can totally understand. I feel he’s very trustworthy and I DO trust him. He’s very nice, patient, doesn’t mind answering a question more than once. He’s very pleasant and kind
Linda Zema Of Fayetteville nc – Nov 15, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
I was referred to Dr. Ju for SI joint pain. He is GOOD at what he do". I really believe that statement at this time. I had been suffering for over two years and unable to complete my daily chores because of the pain. I can now complete more household chores since my office visits with him. He is caring, knowledgeable, professional and has good bed-side manners. I spoke with other patients in the office and they bragged about his doctor skills at lowering and eliminating our pain. I want you back.
KFW – Sep 24, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
Dr. Ju is the Doctor you have always dreamed about...like winning the lottery! I will try to sum up his qualities within a paragraph which will not remotely say enough of his ability to help you through your pain journey. This is a checklist that he fulfilled in less than a hour of meeting him! Empathetic, listens Intently without interruption, unbiased, warm, honest, respectful, exudes confidence, empathic, generous with his time and knowledge beyond your imagination, includes you in your own care plan, yes, with him you have so many options, speaks with respect making sure you understand the disease, and the treatment in a language we understand. He is filled with incredible knowledge, and is kind enough to share his wisdom with you. He never hurries the patient-physician interaction. He is a true treasure and I truly am the lucky one to find such a compassionate, warm and kind person in my journey to find the one of a kind doctor!
Nancy Brennan – Aug 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
In search for a great pain doctor I found, Dr. Ju. He has great doctor patient repore. He is highly educated in his field of medicine and very professional. He preformed basic pain relief techniques that other doctors never attempted to tried in my past 20 years being treated by pain management doctors in multiple states. Dr. Ju, listen patiently and attentively to the medical problems that have been caused by the many neurological problems (chronic migraines, spinal injuries, neurological damage, et.al.) that have disabled me. Then he came up with a treatment plan that we agreed on and started to use in the treatment of my pain. I would suggest any person that has chronic intractable pain to search out Dr. Ju and let him treat you for your pain. He will do a professional, knowledgeable, and caring job when he treats you. He will be greatly missed in my community. Respectfully, R. Gutierrez (Hook "em" Horns)
R. Gutierrez – Aug 05, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
Best Dr. for helping with pain Very good at explaining what is causing your pain. Very caring and compassionate DR
Diana – Aug 03, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
I would recommend anyone I know to see Dr. Ju he is the only doctor to order a test that showed I had two Rotator Cuff tears prior to that no doctor or test showed what was wrong with me and I was in a lot of pain for months before being sent by my doctor to Carolina Pain Mgmt. and seeing Dr. Ju. I am very grateful to him and Carolina Pain Mgt. for having such a fine doctor on their staff My husband and I were very impressed with Dr.Ju's warmth, personality and intelligence. Again thank for having him there.
Jul 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
I had terrible pain in both shoulders for months had various x rays and an MRI but none determined what was and had caused the pain. My doctor sent me to Dr Tom Ju and Dr Ju sent me for an MRI and this MRI showed my problem two tears one on each shoulder. He was just a wonderful skilled doctor and has a very positive and friendly personality both my husband and I were highly impressed. I will tell you how relieved I was to after 6 months to finally know what the problem was since I had spent those many months in pain and worried about what was wrong with me. I cannot thank him enough for my piece of mind.
Janice McPhee – Jul 20, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
I visited with Dr.Ju last month (my 2nd visit first being a couple years prior) after being referred by Dr. Hutchenson for my chronic lower back & leg pain. He is very considerate, patient and appears to care about the patients. I will return to him anytime I am referred. Thank you .
N.Greene – Jun 10, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
I visited Dr. Ju back a few months ago and was very impressed with him. He took time to explain everything to me and answered all my questions. He is very compassionate and professional. My husband was very impressed also and was glad we had finally found a good doctor for me.
May 21, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
So thankful to have found this knowledgeable doctor that has such expertise in locating pain. My mother had been having inscruerating pain for a few months & we couldn’t figure out the problem. After seeing a hip & knee doctor, back/spine doctor we were referred to Dr Ju. He immediately studied moms MRI & was able to pin point the pain. She has 0 pain today after 2 visits & 2 injections from him. He’s so precise & very personable! I’m so impressed by the time he also gives his patients.
Michelle Balk Attebury & Judith Balk in Simpsonville, SC – Feb 19, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
We have been seeing Dr Ju for several months. I feel very fortunate to have been referred to him. He is such a caring and kind Doctor. He takes his time with you to explain and answer any questions we may have. He is so knowledgeable in choosing the best treatment plan. I have had great relief from back and leg pain. I would highly recommend Dr Ju.
Mark Adams in Greenville – Feb 12, 2019
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?
Guy is extremely overpowering, has zero patient/doctor skills. Needs to understand his patients have needs as a pain doctor. Full of false promises and doesn’t follow through with his words. Guy is new to being a doc and if you have the patience to deal with a overpowering doctor that makes you feel like you are imagining pain, then he’s your guy. I strongly recommend you look at others doctors for your pain needs.
Dec 09, 2018
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Ju, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Ju?

Specializing in areas such as the spine, peripheral nerve, joints and muscles, Dr. Tom W. Ju joined the National Spine and Pain Centers in October 2019.

He earned a Bachelor of Science degree in neurobiology from the University of Texas a...

• Pain Medicine

2018
University of Michigan / Ann Arbor
2017
University of Michigan / Ann Arbor

More Information

• Does Dr. Ju communicate via email?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not communicate via email

• Does Dr. Ju offer telehealth services or virtual visits?

Yes, 1 patient said they offer telehealth services or virtual visits

• Does Dr. Ju offer an online patient portal?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ju offers an online patient portal

• Does Dr. Ju have free onsite parking?

Yes, 1 patient said they have free onsite parking

• Does Dr. Ju offer weekend visits?

No, 1 user indicated that they do not offer weekend visits

• Does Dr. Ju offer evening visits?

No users have indicated that Dr. Ju offers evening visits