Dr. Tom Hrisomalos, MD

Infectious Disease Medicine ·  Male · Age 62

Dr. Hrisomalos

Premier Healthcare LLC

550 S Landmark Ave Bloomington, IN 47403

Dr. Tom Hrisomalos, MD is an infectious disease specialist in Bloomington, IN and has been practicing for 30 years. He graduated from Indiana University School Of Medicine in 1983 and specializes in infectious disease medicine, internal medicine, and more.

At a glance

• Practices at top hospital . Patient Safety Excellence Award™ See hospitals
  • Trustworthy . Patients said this doctor is trustworthy. See reviews

Dr. Hrisomalos accepts

Dr. Hrisomalos accepts the following insurance:

Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield HMO
Anthem Blue Cross Blue Shield PPO
Sagamore Health Network
Sagamore Plus

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Indiana

Check if Dr. Hrisomalos treats your condition or procedure

Dr. Hrisomalos' Reviews

Likelihood to recommend Dr. Hrisomalos

3.9

Dr. Hrisomalos?
Dr. Hrisomalos' Performance
What People Say About Dr. Tom Hrisomalos, MD
I'm being seen through the VA now, but for many years he was my "go to" doctor. I found him frank, honest, thorough and always felt understood and valued as a human being. When it came to tests, Dr. Tom always went beyond the least necessary. The negative reviews here are in complete opposition to anything I experienced. They make me question their validity.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Hrisomalos, MD?
He have being our Doctor since the late 80's and we always trust his recommendation and good advice.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Hrisomalos, MD?
Dr. Hirsomalos is thorough and has amazing communication skills! He has a depth of knowledge and he is approachable! We are so thankful we found him when we moved to Bloomington 27 years ago!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Hrisomalos, MD?
Dr. Hrisomalos is extremely knowledgeable. He takes the time to listen and talk about each situation you bring to him. He does not rush people thru. You will know exactly what is affecting you and what your options are to do about it when you leave the office. I had been a patient of his and I had him take care of my aging mother. that is the level of trust I have in him. He is also a kind and personal person. I could not ask for more in a doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Hrisomalos, MD?
Dr. Hrisomalos's nurse is wonderful and knowledge. My wait to be seen was only a few minutes. He has great bedside manner and spent a great deal of time with me discussing my concerns. As an RN myself, I was very impressed with my first experience and highly recommend Dr. Hrisomalos.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Hrisomalos, MD?
Blood tests showed high cholesterol and low blood urea nitrogen, big flags for kidney disease/damage and heart problems (a lot of chest pain present) he told me my results were normal and the flags meant I'm extremely healthy, refused to consider further testing for these issues. Told me he doesn't have to help me. I have medicaid-not uncommon to be blown off, but still very upsetting to be lied to about my health conditions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Hrisomalos, MD?
Claimed all scientific research about Celiac, Dh and Lyme are lies to rob gullible people, who really just have anxiety, with no scientific evidence that symptoms are related, bc he has family diagnosed with these... if that makes sense. Had little to no knowledge about illnesses other than stds. Laughed at me when i told him i think things like sudden loss of vision, hearing, smell, taste, coordination, ability to speak, etc may be reason to believe there is a serious health concern.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Hrisomalos, MD?
I love Dr. Hrisomalos, when I was so very sick and scared and afraid I was going to die, he was there, his nurse was there. He never dropped the ball, and him and his nurse ensure that I received the highest quality of care money could buy, when I had no insurance and no money. My surgeon who did my back surgery left me with an infection and then dumped me in Dr. Hrisomalos's lap when I no longer had money or insurance. I felt so safe and no longer alone during my recovery.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Tom Hrisomalos, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Hrisomalos?

• Infectious Disease Medicine

1989
1986
1984
1983

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Hrisomalos treats patients.

69% Patient experience rating, Equal to the national average

• America's 250 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017)
  • America's 50 Best Hospitals Award™ (2017)

67% Patient experience rating, 2% lower than the national average

• Patient Safety Excellence Award™ (2019, 2018)