Dr. Todd Shatynski, MD

Sports Medicine ·  Male · Age 43

Dr. Shatynski

Capital Region Orthopedics

1367 Washington Ave Ste 300 Albany, NY 12206

Dr. Todd Shatynski, MD is a sports medicine specialist in Albany, NY and has been practicing for 17 years. He graduated from Virginia Commonwealth University School Of Medicine in 2002 and specializes in sports medicine, sports medicine pain management, and more.

Dr. Shatynski accepts

Dr. Shatynski accepts the following insurance:

Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP)
Capital District Physician's Health Plan (CDPHP) HMO

• Bone Marrow Aspiration
  • Knee Sprain
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Platelet-Rich Plasma Injection (PRP)
  • Rotator Cuff Tear
  • Shoulder Impingement Syndrome
  • Shoulder Tendinitis and Tenosynovitis
  • Ultrasound, Musculoskeletal
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

Diagnose, understand, and explain the condition and find a solution to cure or manage the problem with as little invasive treatment as possible.

• Sports Medicine

3.7

Dr. Shatynski?
Dr. Shatynski's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Todd Shatynski, MD
An excellent experience at each app’t over four years...especially adept listener...able in treating various arthritic areas...instrumental in helping a 70 yr+ woman be active and manage pain.... thankful for the recommendation from DrJon Toussaint
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Shatynski, MD?
I have been seeing Dr Shatynski now for 5 yrs or more. What I like most are his straight up answers, no BS, his range of knowledge & the fact that he will help you stay out of surgery that you don't yet need. In addition to this, he has an open mind & is constantly learning new techniques and treatments to better help his patients. He is patient & always listens carefully. He has treated my knees, arthritis of the neck & a major shoulder / arm injury the 1st time I went in. After seeing my shoulder MRI he got me in to see the surgeon he considered to be the best around within minutes! Dr S has treated my knees for several years in order delay surgery for me until its really necessary, taking pro active steps to do so. Last, he has used one newly rediscovered technique to relive severe muscle spams that were aggravating the arthritis in my neck, causing debilitating headaches that lasted weeks or months. I don't know where I'd be without his help, & his staff is great.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Shatynski, MD?
Dr. Shatynski is professional, caring, and a great diagnostician. He helped to solve a nagging orthopedic problem I had. He gave me some exercises that helped and led me to the correct specialist, with whom he worked, to solve my problem. I am eternally grateful for his actions.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Shatynski, MD?
A. Few things I read on the internet had me scared to death before my visit. Dr. S could not have been nicer, introduced himself, had already read my MRI, listened to my concerns about the proceedure as well as more clearly determining hat exactly the diagnosis was. The cortisone shot I received was the least painful one I've ever received. He did not rush me, answered all my treatment questions and told me that if and when he pain returns come right in to ensure its my popliteus tendon.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Shatynski, MD?
ok, I TRIED to make an appointment with Dr. Shatynski for a second opinion because he was recommended to me. I called and waited on hold for 10 minutes and then after giving them all my info i was told that this specific doctor would not even make an appointment with me until my records and all information were sent to him from my other doctor. Really?! I can't even make the appointment? I was hoping to make the appointment and then have everything sent to him for a second opinion.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Shatynski, MD?
Todd Shatynski is the worst specialist I've ever gone to. He told me nothing was seriously wrong with me and that I had an anxiety disorder because my MRI was almost negative. I'd been in 6 months of near constant pain when I saw him, and I've now lived through over 5 years of near constant pain. I now know that his diagnosis was ridiculous because there are a lot of problems that don't show up on an MRI, and I have a digital motion x-ray of my neck that proves that I have ligament damage.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Shatynski, MD?
He was my ortho for my neck for a few years but I moved to Maine. On my 1st visit I was totally impressed and trusted him 100%. By my last visit, several years later, he just seemed different- spent less time, seemed rushed. I'm assuming something was going on in the practice. It's not that he seemed not to care- he was always kind and helpful- open to the fact that I mainly went to a Chiropractor, too. His staff was good; though sometimes it was awhile (days) before I got a return call.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Shatynski, MD?
Dr. Shatynski was fabulous. He took the tie which many doctors do not, to learn about my current and past health challenges that could be impacting my current physical capabilities. He was very determined to help me investigate further and find help so I could continue to dance.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Shatynski, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Shatynski?