Orthopedic Surgery  |
Dr. Todd Schmidt, MD
Todd A. Schmidt, M.D., is board certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery and is an American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons Fellow. Dr. Schmidt is fellowship trained in both shoulder surgery and sports medicine. In addition to treating shoulder and sports injury problems his practice focus is also on hip and knee problems. He treats conditions from the adolescent through the elderly age. He is an innovator in the use of computer-assisted surgery in joint replacement; muscle sparing total knee and hip replacement surgery; and management of rotator cuff and other shoulder problems. He also has been in the forefront of the use of hip arthroscopy to treat FAI (FemoroAcetabular Impingement) and other hip disorders. In addition to his clinical interests and skills, Dr Schmidt has experience and is involved in many ways with Healthcare Policy issues.Prior to his founding role in the practice OrthoAtlanta in 2002, Dr. Schmidt held leadership positions on the Board of Directors of the Hughston Clinic in Columbus, Georgia. He also has served as the Board and Finance Chairperson of OrthoAtlanta where he continues with leadership roles. In addition, he has been elected to the Board of Councilors at the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons (AAOS) and represents the Board of Directors of the Georgia Orthopaedic Society. Locally in the Atlanta area, he is on the Board of Directors of both Piedmont Healthcare and PIedmont Henry Hospital. He also serves on the Board at the IntraHealth Group practice management company.

Stockbridge Office

1240 Eagles Landing Pkwy Ste 300

Stockbridge, GA 30281

• American Republic
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
  • Kaiser Permanente

Learn about Dr. Schmidt

Dr. Schmidt's Experience

Dr. Schmidt's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in Orthopedic Surgery

• Glenoid Labrum Tear
  • Hip Fracture
  • Hip Pointer Injuries
  • Hip Sprain
  • Leg Fracture Above Knee (incl. Hip)
  • Leg Fracture Below Knee (incl. Ankle)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hip and Thigh

• Shoulder Dislocation Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• Gustavus Adolphus College
  • Hughston Orth Clin
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1989
  • Shoulder Surg-Univ Western Ontariao
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1990

Dr. Schmidt has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Schmidt does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Schmidt and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Schmidt's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Schmidt to family and friends
4.5
Dr. Schmidt's Performance
in Riverdale, GA |
Dr. Schmidt is an outstanding Orthopedic Surgeon, I would highly recommend him to all my family, friends and anyone else needing any type orthopedic surgery. Dr. Schmidt did an outstanding job during my surgery, (Total Right Hip Arthroplasty), on Aug 15, 2017. Three days post op and I was off the pain medication and felt great. Dr. Schmidt took the time to explain everything, he talked to my family and I before and after the surgery to let us know exactly what he did and how it went.
in Lagrange , GA |
Currently seeing Dr. Schmidt for a hip improvement. I drive all the way from Lagrange to Stockbridge for him to treat me. I'm currently receiving injections to help manage my pain. But I'm planning to have the surgery in a few months. I believe he is the best in his field in the State. He makes me fell so uncomfortable. He is never in a hurry and he truly listens. With much encouragement and wisdom from him, I truly believe after surgery I will be so much better off. Thank God for this him.
in Conyers, GA |
I feel very fortunate to have found Dr. Schmidt. His professionalism and expertise are second to none. I became aware of Dr. Schmidt through word of mouth. Through x-rays and a Mir I was diagnosed as requiring a knee replacement. He took a great amount of time explaining the process from start through recovery. I went to the hospital July 25, 2017 and went home the next day. With the incision healed I'm walking great with no pain. I would certainly recommend Dr. Schmidt to family and friends.
in McDonough, GA |
I was scheduled to see Dr. Schmidt for a second opinion appointment for Hip Replacement surgery. I had heard about Dr. Schmidt thru multiple people who either went thru surgery or knew of someone who had had surgery by him. I was at ease as soon as he came into the room. He listened to my situation and truly seemed to care. He took the time to explain my options and that I was in control of when I wanted to go ahead with the procedure. Very grateful to have met him.
in Peachtree City, GA |
I was very pleased with the time Dr. Schmidt spent with me on my first visit to his office. I had a long list of questions and thought of more while we talked. He listened attentively, gave excellent advice, and didn't push for surgery but encouraged me to continue using more conservative treatments for my knees until arthritis affects my daily life more than it does now. I like his computer-assisted, minimally-invasive/muscle-sparing approach to surgery.
in Gainesville, GA |
Dr. Schmidt did a total hip replacement for me. He was wonderful, very easy to talk to, and explained things very well including what to expect before, during, and after surgery. It is always a good sign when the nurses and physical therapists tell you that Dr. Schmidt's patients do very well after surgery! I am having my other hip replacement in 2 weeks and even though we have moved, I am driving over 2 hours to have Dr. Schmidt do the other hip surgery for me!
in fayetteville |
The first time I meet Dr. Schmidt I felt like I was about to become his only patient. Dr. Schmidt's willingness to listen to me babble on and on was something I noticed right way, after I talked he suggested two forms of hip surgeries. I had both hips replaced. Dr. Schmidt is not only a caring doctor but, a caring person!!!!!!!!
in Senoia, GA |
I have been his patient since 2010. After visiting several Doctors. I selected Dr. Schmidt to review and ultimately perform my knee replacement surgery His expertise as a surgeon and his concern for me as a patient has been wonderful. I was pain free almost immediately after years of suffering. Since then I have had a shoulder replaced (2013) and my other knee replaced (2015). I cannot thank Dr. Schmidt enough for greatly improving my quality of life. I highly recommend him to anyone. R. Chen
in +McDonough, GA |
Dr. Schmidt performed my total knee replacement surgery in November 2016. What an amazing experience I had with him and his office. I am doing amazingly well after following all of his instructions and therapy. I am and will continue to tell everyone needing total knee replacement to see Dr. Schmidt. Again, a totally amazing experience for me.
in LocustGrove Ga.30248 |
Had a knee replacement by Dr. Schmidt is the best at doing this. Had a knee replacement by a Dr. it does not feel the as good as the one that Dr. Schmidt did he is the best.
in Fayetteville, Ga. |
He is a fantiastic doctor and surgeon. He really cares. I have know him for several years now as he had to replace my right knee and both shoulders. He has been so patient and kind to me. I think he is the best in the world. He spends time with you and really listens. You may have to wait because he is so busy but it is worth the wait to get the best.
in Sharpsburg, GA |
Dr Schmidt performed Hip Replacement Surgery in December 2008. Since then I have resumed a normal life of working out, Cardio Kick Boxing, water and snow skiing, and walk 3 miles a day. Oh yes, cut my grass with a push mower. That is all the recommendation I can give.
Stockbridge, GA |
He did my surgery in november, i fell in March, went to see him in April, told me i had just bruised the bone, went to see my family doctor, who sent me to see another ortho doc, who in turn sent me to have a nuclear medicine test, found out there is infection in the bone, after playing phone tag with the surgery scheduler i have to wait till july 5th for my surgery, in PAIN!!!, not acceptable.
in Stockbridge, GA |
Dr. Schmidt is a fantastic surgeon. I underwent a total knee replacement almost 8 months ago. The incision has healed and is very unremarkable...no horrible scar. I followed his instructions to the letter, especially the physical therapy recommendations. Should I require any other orthopedic procedure Dr. Todd Schmidt will be my choice of surgeon. I highly recommend him.
Have you seen Dr. Todd Schmidt, MD?
Are you Dr. Schmidt?

Blue Choice HMO
    Blue Choice Option POS
    Blue Open Access POS
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA