General Surgery  |
Dr. Todd Harris, MD
Dr. Todd Harris, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Newport Beach, CA. He is 44 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Harris is affiliated with Hoag Hospital Newport Beach.

Todd S Harris

4501 Birch St

Newport Beach, CA 92660

• Blue Cross Blue Shield of California
  • Blue Shield of California
  • LACare
  • Molina Healthcare

Learn about Dr. Harris

Dr. Todd S. Harris is board certified in General Surgery, fellowship trained in Interventional Radiology, as well as highly experienced in minimally invasive Surgery. Dr. Harris is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, one of the highest distinctions for a general surgeon.

He is the Medical Director of the medical practice and coordinates all clinical functions of the office and surgical center for patients. Patients can visit http://www.CaliforniaHerniaSpecialists.com and http://www.FibroidTreatmentCenter.com for more information about Dr. Harris and our medical practices.

Dr. Harris is the highest rated surgeon on HealthGrades.com and Vitals.com, and has been featured by the Orange County Medical Association for his specialty health care. He has been awarded the 2014 and 2015 Physician of Excellence awards, published by the Orange County Register, as well as Coast Magazine. He has received the 2014 and 2015 Rising Star Award published in LA Magazine.

Dr. Harris' Experience

Dr. Harris' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:
  • Specializes in General Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery

• General Surgery
  • Surgery

• General Surgery
    Accredited by: American Board of Medical Specialties*

• Abdominal Hernia
  • Acute Cholecystitis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Cholecystitis
  • Lipomas
  • Liver Cancer
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Thrombosis

• Varicose Vein Surgery
  • Vascular Procedure
  • Vertebroplasty
  • da Vinci® Gallbladder Removal

No malpractice history found for California.

• Clemson University
  • St. Vincents Hospital-Manhattan
    Residency Hospital | Completed 2005
  • University Of Minnesota Hospital and Clinic
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 2007

Dr. Harris has no media or publications listed.

• Vietnamese

Dr. Harris does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harris and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Harris' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harris to family and friends
Dr. Harris Says:

I know that visiting a surgeon for the first time can be a scary experience. That's why I want to express my gratitude to my patients who take the time to fill out Patient Surveys about their experience with myself, and my office. I hope that all of the feedback from my prior patients helps ease the anxiety for my future patients! Thank you to all my prior patients, Todd S. Harris, MD, FACS

Dr. Harris' Performance
Irvine, CA |
Amazing results compared to how bad and large my hernia was. Dr. Harris is top notch and I would recommend him to anyone looking to repair their hernia ! Scott B. Newport Beach Ca.
in Henderson, NV |
Dr. Harris is wonderful, he repair my hernia very well. I have very little pain after the precedure. I highly recommend him, if you need hernia treatment.
in Laguna Niguel, CA |
Dr. Harris is superb. Highly effective and efficient. Also very personable, with an excellent bedside manner. His staff is top-notch, and the surgical center in Fountain Valley is also. I would recommend him without reservation to anyone in need of a hernia repair.
Irvine, CA |
Very professional and excellent surgeon! Also, I'm almost completely healed and back to sports in 3 weeks.
Irvine, CA |
He's a true professional in all areas of hernia repair. This was my second one and I felt the difference right away a couple days after the surgery. I hope I don't get another hernia but if I did I would not hesitate to come back to Dr. Harris again.
Irvine, CA |
I had a recurring hernia. The procedure and recovery were much better than before. I only took pain meds for 2 days. I highly recommend Dr. Harris.
in Irvine, CA |
Dr. Harris is a miracle worker! I had an umbilical and an inguinal hernia and fixed them both in one operation. It's been 3 weeks and I am feeling almost like new. I am cleared to lift light weights and return to swimming biking and of course the sauna. I'm 65, and amazed at how quickly everything is getting back to normal.
in Newport Beach CA |
Incredible service and professionalism Still healing, but steadily improving Staff was kind and compassionate Thank you to Dr H. and your team
Irvine, CA |
From consult to surgery to follow up very smooth and professional. Surgery center was quick, organized and staff was wonderful. Thank you Dr. Harris and staff!
It was great...
Irvine, CA |
Dr. Harris is the most professional, approachable, knowledgeable and compassionate doctor I've ever encountered. My uterine fibroid embolization went very well. Recovery was fast. I was back to work within one week. I already have more energy than I can remember within the last three years. I'm so grateful I found Dr. Harris. I will be recommending his services to friends and family. Thank you, Dr. Harris.
Irvine, CA |
Dr.Harris did a very good job fixing my extra-large inguinal hernia. The bruising was minimal, and the incisions are healing up rapidly. I strongly recommend his services to my friends and family members. I rate his surgical skills among the top doctors I work with.
in Irvine, CA |
Everything went very smoothly. There was never a time that I felt like I didn't know what was going on. Extremely professional, from the front office all the way up. Tony Alanis
in Rancho Cucamonga, CA |
Great experience. Wonderful doctor and staff. So glad I made the trip to see Dr. Harris. Other doctors should learn from him and his staff. They are great.
in Laguna Niguel, CA |
He is the rock star of hernia doctors!
in Irvine, CA |
Came to a right place for my hernia surgery. Very friendly staff and the doctor Todd Harris is a very professional doctor. He took care of my hernia very well . I went to others places and my experience was horrible. I highly recommend doctor Todd Harris .
in Irvine, CA |
I can't thank Dr. Harris enough he's the best at what he does . The office staff were efficient and the results of my surgery were excellent. I would highly recommend this organization to my family and friends.
Very satisfied with doctor
in Porter Ranch CA |
The site explained the procedures of the surgery in an understandable way. The office is a wonderful environment that is even better than what you see on the site. Staff is comforting and courteous. Finally, Dr. Harris is fantastic. From the website to in person, you are impressed by him and the Center and its staff. Dr. Harris as your surgeon is highly recommended. Did I mention, I drove 60 miles each way to have my procedure done by Dr. Harris. The difference matters.
in Irvine, CA |
From start to finish, evaluation and treatment with Dr. Harris was nothing short of exemplary. As his prior reviews indicated, he and his staff are engaging, attentive, and highly informative. His copious amounts of literature, readily available in print, web, and video form, helped to put my mind to ease about the procedure, which I opted for after understanding the risks and benefits. Healing has unfolded precisely as hoped. If I had to, I'd do it all again without reservation.
in Irvine, CA |
Dr. Harris was very nice and appreciable, easy to talk to and he listened. His staff was wonderful and made me feel like family instead of just a number. When I called they answered or quickly called me back and was very knowledgable about what I should expect with the process! I had the UFE done and I am pleased so far with the outcome.
in Seal Beach,CA |
This is my 2nd hernia surgery and I can't even compare how much better of an experience this one was. I researched a bunch before I decided on Dr. Harris,I couldn't have been happier with everyone involed.
Irvine, CA |
This was the best decision ever! It's only been 3 weeks and I already feel so much better! It was painful the first couple of days after the procedure. But the doctor made sure that I had all the pain meds that I needed. His nurses were so empathetic and caring. Dr Harris and his staff are awesome! I would do it all over again and I highly recommend Dr Harris and his wonderful staff.
Irvine, CA |
Details count with Dr.Harris. Very meticulous and great bed side manner. Couldn't be happier with his work.
Irvine, CA |
Dr Harris is fast and efficient surgeon. He really knows his craft and I'd highly recommend him! I'd never had surgery before so I'm glad my first experience has been so pleasant.
Irvine, CA |
I saw Dr. Harris for an open umbilical hernia repair. The experience and recovery could not have gone more smoothly. Lindsay and the rest of Dr. Harris' staff were a pleasure to deal with from the moment of my first phone call. I have already referred others to Dr. Harris.
in Irvine, CA |
Terrific staff at both Dr. Harris' office and surgery center. Dr. Harris was awesome. Very little post op pain and fast recovery. God forbid I have another problem hernia but if I do I will seek out Dr. Harris for the consultation and surgery if needed.
Irvine, CA |
I was impressed from my first visit with Dr. Harris. I had been very apprehensive about having the surgery, and had tried many ways to affect a cure without it, such as various exercises and even poultices. Dr. Harris seemed very alert and attentive. I was at once able to trust him absolutely.
in Irvine, CA |
I was scared to death about surgery, costs and recovery. Dr. Harris and his staff made this such a positive experience. I traveled over an hour each way specifically to come to this facility. Highly recommended
Irvine, CA |
Everything Dr. Harris discussed with me pre operation was exactly what happened. His knowledge and expertise is why he is the top rated doctor on Healthgrades! I highly recommend him to anyone dealing with a hernia. The staff at his office also needs to be mentioned as they are awesome!
Irvine, CA |
It was a great experience. The pain after the surgery was minimal. Was able to walk around the same day.
Irvine, CA |
Dr Harris is a consummate professional. I cannt recommend him highly enough.
Irvine, CA |
Dr Harris did an excellent job with my inguinal hernia repair. His videos help prepare me for the procedure and what followed. The facility used was excellent, staff very helpful. All in all a very positive experience.
Irvine, CA |
My surgery was more extensive than I thought it would be, Dr.Harris did a great job.He has amazing patient rapport and is an excellent surgeon. I could not be more satisfied with the results! Thanks Dr.Harris and his friendly staff. Highly recommended. Thanks
Irvine, CA |
Surgery was smooth due to the wonderful staff and Dr Harris.
Very professional and experienced.
Irvine, CA |
Quick, easy and well done. Not more than 1 month from initial visit to correction of hernia.
in Irvine, CA |
Great experience with Dr Todd Harris and his whole staff from beginning to the end. Highly recommend him and his team. Office staff was also part of the great experience! As well as the memorial care hospital staff and facilities.
Irvine, CA |
We have already referred a friend to dr Harris and will do so again.
in Irvine, CA |
Overall experience experience went great. Minor complications overall healthy feeling much better. Highly recommends or all types of hernia repair.
in Los Angeles, CA |
I researched several hernia specialists before coming across Dr Harris. Obviously the search stopped here and I am very glad for it. From the friendliness and professionalism of the staff to my post surgical follow up, everyone, especially Dr Todd, was great. All of my questions and concerns were addressed and I was immediately put at ease. I highly recommend putting your trust and hernia repair needs in Dr. Harris' hands. Btw, today is 2 weeks post surgery and I'm feeling great. Thanks Dr. H !
in Newport beach |
The best Surgeon
Irvine, CA |
I know this seems crazy, but the whole experience was almost fun. Minimal downtime, minimal discomfort. Dr. Harris and his team we're quite accommodating when it came to my schedule, though I know they are in high demand. Highly recommend!
Irvine, CA |
5 star experience. The entire process was efficient and streamlined.
Irvine, CA |
Everything went very quickly and smoothly with office visits and surgery. No complaints. Everyone very easy to work with.
in TraBuck |
Dr Harris is kind caring and an expert in the treatment of hernia surgery. I'm glad he was my surgeon.
Overall great experience.
in Mission Viejo,CA |
Great experience with the dctor and his staff. Everythin went smooth at the surgery center and followup phones call later!!
in Huntington Beach, CA |
Friendly and knowledgeable
in Long Beach, CA |
Dr Harris is an expert in his field & a skilled surgeon. He's thorough, kind, friendly, compassionate. He listens, cares, & answers your questions thoughtfully. His staff is efficient & very nice. My hernia repair was performed at Orange Coast Surgical Center in Fountain Valley & that facility is amazing. Very clean. Never met nicer nurses. The anesthesiologist was great & I woke up easily. Was home in 4 hrs. I took NO pain meds & discomfort was tolerable. After 7 wks, I feel great. Thanks doc!!
Have you seen Dr. Todd Harris, MD?

Visit Dr. Harris