Dr. Todd Harris, MD

Dr. Todd Harris, MD

General Surgery | Male | 43 years old

790 reviews| Leave a review
You've got options
Here's a few other providers to consider
Filter Your Results

Dr. Todd S. Harris is board certified in General Surgery, fellowship trained in Interventional Radiology, as well as highly experienced in minimally invasive Surgery. Dr. Harris is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, one of the highest distinctions for a general surgeon. He is the Medical Director of the medical practice and coordinates all clinical functions of the office and surgical center for patients. Patients can visit http://www.CaliforniaHerniaSpecialists.com and http://www.FibroidTreatmentCenter.com for more information about Dr. Harris and our medical practices. Dr. Harris is the highest rated surgeon on HealthGrades.com and Vitals.com, and has been featured by the Orange County Medical Association for his specialty health care. He has been awarded the 2014 and 2015 Physician of Excellence awards, published by the Orange County Register, as well as Coast Magazine. He has received the 2014 and 2015 Rising Star Award published in LA Magazine.Read more

Dr. Harris' Experience

See how Dr. Harris' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Harris

Dr. Harris accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Harris has admitting privileges.

Dr. Harris' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harris to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Harris
Dr. Harris' Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (739)
Dr. Harris Says:

I know that visiting a surgeon for the first time can be a scary experience. That's why I want to express my gratitude to my patients who take the time to fill out Patient Surveys about their experience with myself, and my office. I hope that all of the feedback from my prior patients helps ease the anxiety for my future patients! Thank you to all my prior patients, Todd S. Harris, MD, FACS

Foothill Ranch, CA |
Very professional and efficient! Would recommend to others. His staff is awesome!
in Chino Hills, CA |
Very profession staff. I knew I was in good hands and made the right choice. Very routines operation with no issues.
Foothill Ranch, CA |
Things appear to be progressing well. I had a very large hernia so recovery is taking longer than per Dr. Harris' literature. Which makes sense. But, it would have been to have been told to expect it then I would have adjusted my plans and activities accordingly. However, to get a really good review, you should check back with me in a few months. I may have great things to say then.
Foothill Ranch, CA |
Dr Harris is friendly and he'll answer questions or concerns you might have!
Foothill Ranch, CA |
Dr. Harris was very professional and thorough. He and his staff were friendly and helpful.
Very professional and obviously knowledgeable. Recommend highly.
San Juan Capistrano, CA |
My hernia procedure operation went well and the recovery was excellent with some minor discomfort.
Foothill Ranch, CA |
I did a lot of research before selecting Dr. Harris. It is almost four weeks since the surgery and I am very pleased with the outcome.
Imperial valley,ca |
Dr Harris treated me excellent and made me feel secure of having the surgery done by him
in Foothill Ranch, CA |
Great experience.Operation was successful.
Foothill Ranch, CA |
As a physician myself, I was impressed with Dr. Harris and his office staff from the very start. My surgery went very smoothly, and I am entirely satisfied with the result.
in Huntington Beach, CA |
Dr. Harris was excellent to deal with -- competent, courteous and personable. He explained everything about hernia surgery clearly and made me feel confident that everything would work out fine, which it did. Without reservation I would recommend Dr. Harris to family and friends. I hope never to need his services again, but should I develop another hernia, there is no question that he is the doctor I would choose. Likewise, his staff was exceptional and very helpful.
in Irvine, CA |
Very professional and was able to see me much sooners hen anyone else.
in Mission Viejo, CA |
From the office staff to Dr. Harris himself, my experience was great! The office staff coordinated everything with my insurance and the staff at Orange Coast Memorial was outstanding. Dr. Harris is everything he's Yelped up to be! I've had friends who also had Dr. Harris perform their surgeries with the same results!
Irvine, CA |
Quick appointments set up and surgery quick
Huntington Beach, CA |
Personable, professional, efficient.
Foothill Ranch, CA |
I would recommend Dr. Harris because of his caring attention to my specific needs and concerns. The staff was also friendly and courteous.
Alhambra, ca |
Dr. Harris and the staff were professional and knowledgable. I would recommend Dr. Harris to all my family and friends.
Santa Monica, CA |
My experience with Dr. Harris and his staff was amazing from beginning to end. I had read other reviews online prior to considering a surgeon and While there are many other surgeons closer to home, I'm glad I made the decision to drive to Newport Beach from Santa Monica. The surgery left me feeling only a little discomfort for a couple of days but no real pain. Having the right surgeon using the right materials and methods made my procedure as good as it could have been. Thank you, Dr. Harris!
Irvine, CA |
Dr. Harris and his staff were outstanding from start to finish. I am 100 percent satisfied with my procedure and could not have imagined things going any better or smoother.
Very professional!
Great experience all the way around. I felt very safe and confident in Dr. Harris's care and expertise.
in Laguna Niguel, CA |
Very personable staff, and everything was explained clearly. Both the surgery and follow-up went as described. The surgery center personnel were very pleasant.
Irvine, CA |
Dr. Harris was efficient, but I did not feel very well informed before the surgery.
I'm sorry that you didn't feel we discussed the details of your surgery during your consultation. We do try to be efficient with your time, but we still want to ensure that you are well informed. Since you did not leave your name, I don't know if you have already had your surgery, but if not we would be happy to see you again in our office for more questions, or discuss you case over the phone if you desire. Thank you for your feedback, Dr. Harris
Irvine, CA |
Very pleased with all aspects of prep, operation, post op. Web site is very beneficial. Dr. Harris,nurses & staff all great. No negatives
Irvine, CA |
Dr. Harris and his staff are courteous, efficient and pay attention to the details. I felt safe and comfortable throughout the entire process. Dr. Harris is at the top of his field and one of the smartest surgeons out there. His staff also explained all of the complicated insurance issues in a simple and concise manner. I could not recommend them more!
in Irvine, CA |
Great experience. Entire staff went over and above.
in Yerba Linda, CA |
Very knowledgable, personable, with high marks on Health Grades. Highly recommended.
Irvine, CA |
Could not have gone better. No pain medication needed. Back to work in 3 days. Highly recommended.
in Placentia, ca |
Dr. Harris was great! His office is friendly, and it was clear the Dr. Remembered me every time I visited. He explained everything to me and helped me understand the process. I felt minimal pain and healed quickly. I can barely see the incisions. For as difficult as it is to go through surgery, he made it a great experience!
Irvine, CA |
Dr. Harris did an amazing job with my umbilical hernia repair. I would highly recommend him!
Irvine, CA |
I was not sure what to expect since this was my first surgery but my experience was easier than I expected. Recovery time was consistent with what I was advised as well. I would recommend to anyone needing a hernia repair.
in Oceanside, CA |
Dr. Harris was incredibly professional. He examined me, gave me all possible options, and was very candid about outcomes. My surgical experience was equally incredible (e.g. off pain meds by day 2 and I was back to work the next week. He and his staff were a pleasure to work with.
in Bakersfield, CA |
Could not a ask for a better surgeon no and team ?? . Worth traveling 3.5hours each way!
in Laguna Niguel CA |
Great experience, concise and to the point
Irvine, CA |
Great doctor, took care of my left side hernia. The procedure went well and I am healing wonderfully. If you have a hernia I strongly recommend Dr. Harris.
in Irvine, CA |
Dr. Harris and his staff were very professional, friendly, polite and most of all caring. I was really worried about my surgery. The morning I went in to have it done they all took the time to talk to me and explain what was going to take place step by step. Dr Harris also came in and spoke to me prior to my surgery and really made me feel at ease. I can't say enough good things about my experience with Dr. Harris and his staff. If you want the best hernia care possible, give Dr Todd a call.
Excellent care
Irvine, CA |
Dr. Harris is quick and efficient, doesn't waste any time getting to problem and securing OR time.
No pain meds necessary!
in Also Viejo, CA |
Excellent professionalism and customer service. It was a very smooth experience. Dr.Harris makes you surgery feel like a walk in the park.
Long beach |
Very knowledgeable and efficient operation.
in Los Alamitos, CA |
Dr. Harris and his staff were both friendly and professional. This has been by far my best experience with any medical group. My only criticism is that at times it is hard to reach their office personnel by phone.
in Irvine, CA |
Very good experience. no problems. Went exactly as described.
in Chino hills, CA |
Awesome service awesome care Great bed side manor truly cares about your care!!!
Irvine, CA |
I had an excellent experience with Dr Harris, his staff, the surgical center, the anesthesiologist, and post operation staff throughout the diagnosis, preparation, surgery, and post surgery for repair of my right inguinal (groin) hernia. Total surgery time was 1 hour with the actual surgery portion only taking 35 minutes, no complications or anything out of the ordinary. A little over two weeks after the surgery now and I'm feeling great! I would highly recommend Dr Harris!
Irvine, CA |
It was a positive experience from the beginning to the end. Dr. Harris was absolutely wonderful.
Irvine, CA |
Excellent physician. Highly skilled and competent professional. His staff was always helpful and friendly.
Irvine, CA |
Rushed meeting, didn't looked at CT scan brought to meeting to determine if surgery was even needed. $500 charge for 6 min., with no real feed back. They wanted to rush to surgery without even telling me what the CT scan showed. Wouldn't recommend.
I appreciate the feedback on your experience in my office. I always try to spend as much time as possible discussing surgery and answering questions but clearly did not do that in your case. Often reviewing CT scans and ultrasounds is not required if the hernia is easy to diagnose. I never try and rush patients into surgery so I am sorry you felt that is what we recommended. We would be happy to see you again and review your images and discuss your options in more detail. Dr. Harris, 08/2016
Irvine, CA |
Great friendly and knowledgeable staff. Dr. Harris was great, he is very good at what he does. Great patient care.
Have you seen Dr. Todd Harris, MD?

Compare Dr. Harris

Dr. Harris' Care Philosophy

Dr. Harris says...

Dr. Harris has developed specialty care for the treatment of abdominal wall hernias, as well as uterine fibroids. Through these focused, dedicated medical practices, patients can receive the latest, minimally invasive, cutting-edge treatments available.

Dr. Harris is one of the highest volume surgeons in California for hernia repairs, both open and laparoscopic. Within his center, he has an accredited ambulatory surgery center to ensure the most comprehensive and consistent surgical care. His center is designated as a Center of Excellence for the treatment of uterine fibroids and uterine fibroid embolization (UFE).

Dr. Harris says...

Dr. Harris' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Harris has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Harris' Board Certifications

• General Surgery

• Abdominal Hernia
  • Acute Cholecystitis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Cholecystitis
  • Lipomas
  • Liver Cancer
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Thrombosis

Completed in 2007

Clemson University

Graduated in 1995

• Vietnamese

Dr. Harris does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harris and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery