Dr. Todd Harris, MD

Dr. Todd Harris, MD

General Surgery | Male

Todd S. Harris, MD 4501 Birch St Newport Beach, CA 92660 Get Directions

Dr. Todd S. Harris is board certified in General Surgery, fellowship trained in Interventional Radiology, as well as highly experienced in minimally invasive Surgery. Dr. Harris is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, one of the highest distinctions for a general surgeon.

He is the Medical Director of the medical practice and coordinates all clinical functions of the office and surgical center for patients. Patients can visit http://www.CaliforniaHerniaSpecialists.com and http://www.FibroidTreatmentCenter.com for more information about Dr. Harris and our medical practices.

Dr. Harris is the highest rated surgeon on HealthGrades.com and Vitals.com, and has been featured by the Orange County Medical Association for his specialty health care. He has been awarded the 2014 and 2015 Physician of Excellence awards, published by the Orange County Register, as well as Coast Magazine. He has received the 2014 and 2015 Rising Star Award published in LA Magazine.

Dr. Todd Harris, MD is a general surgery doctor who practices in Newport Beach, CA. He is 43 years old and has been practicing for 17 years. Dr. Harris is affiliated with Hoag Hospital Newport Beach.

Dr. Harris' Experience

See how Dr. Harris' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Harris

Dr. Harris accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Harris has admitting privileges.

Dr. Harris' Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harris to family and friends
Dr. Harris Says:

I know that visiting a surgeon for the first time can be a scary experience. That's why I want to express my gratitude to my patients who take the time to fill out Patient Surveys about their experience with myself, and my office. I hope that all of the feedback from my prior patients helps ease the anxiety for my future patients! Thank you to all my prior patients, Todd S. Harris, MD, FACS

Dr. Harris' Performance
Irvine, CA |
It was a great experience. The pain after the surgery was minimal. Was able to walk around the same day.
Irvine, CA |
Dr Harris is a consummate professional. I cannt recommend him highly enough.
Irvine, CA |
Dr Harris did an excellent job with my inguinal hernia repair. His videos help prepare me for the procedure and what followed. The facility used was excellent, staff very helpful. All in all a very positive experience.
Irvine, CA |
My surgery was more extensive than I thought it would be, Dr.Harris did a great job.He has amazing patient rapport and is an excellent surgeon. I could not be more satisfied with the results! Thanks Dr.Harris and his friendly staff. Highly recommended. Thanks
Irvine, CA |
Surgery was smooth due to the wonderful staff and Dr Harris.
Very professional and experienced.
Irvine, CA |
Quick, easy and well done. Not more than 1 month from initial visit to correction of hernia.
in Irvine, CA |
Great experience with Dr Todd Harris and his whole staff from beginning to the end. Highly recommend him and his team. Office staff was also part of the great experience! As well as the memorial care hospital staff and facilities.
Irvine, CA |
We have already referred a friend to dr Harris and will do so again.
in Irvine, CA |
Overall experience experience went great. Minor complications overall healthy feeling much better. Highly recommends or all types of hernia repair.
in Los Angeles, CA |
I researched several hernia specialists before coming across Dr Harris. Obviously the search stopped here and I am very glad for it. From the friendliness and professionalism of the staff to my post surgical follow up, everyone, especially Dr Todd, was great. All of my questions and concerns were addressed and I was immediately put at ease. I highly recommend putting your trust and hernia repair needs in Dr. Harris' hands. Btw, today is 2 weeks post surgery and I'm feeling great. Thanks Dr. H !
in Newport beach |
The best Surgeon
Irvine, CA |
I know this seems crazy, but the whole experience was almost fun. Minimal downtime, minimal discomfort. Dr. Harris and his team we're quite accommodating when it came to my schedule, though I know they are in high demand. Highly recommend!
Irvine, CA |
5 star experience. The entire process was efficient and streamlined.
Irvine, CA |
Everything went very quickly and smoothly with office visits and surgery. No complaints. Everyone very easy to work with.
in TraBuck |
Dr Harris is kind caring and an expert in the treatment of hernia surgery. I'm glad he was my surgeon.
Overall great experience.
in Mission Viejo,CA |
Great experience with the dctor and his staff. Everythin went smooth at the surgery center and followup phones call later!!
in Huntington Beach, CA |
Friendly and knowledgeable
in Long Beach, CA |
Dr Harris is an expert in his field & a skilled surgeon. He's thorough, kind, friendly, compassionate. He listens, cares, & answers your questions thoughtfully. His staff is efficient & very nice. My hernia repair was performed at Orange Coast Surgical Center in Fountain Valley & that facility is amazing. Very clean. Never met nicer nurses. The anesthesiologist was great & I woke up easily. Was home in 4 hrs. I took NO pain meds & discomfort was tolerable. After 7 wks, I feel great. Thanks doc!!
Very nice team!
in Foothill Ranch, CA |
Can not say enough positive things about Dr Harris! My entire experience from initial consultation to final follow up was first class. My surgery center was Memorial Care at Orange Coast and my praise is also overwhelmingly positive for them as well. Everyone there went above and beyond being helpful and making me feel comfortable. I already knew through research that Dr Harris is one of the best hernia surgeons in the country and now I know why.
Foothill Ranch, CA |
I'm very comfortable under the care of Dr. Harris. Yes, I strongly recommend for those who has need of hernia repair that you can count on Dr. Harris for help.
Foothill Ranch, CA |
Dr. Harris is easy to to talk to and cares about his patients!!
Irvine, CA |
Everything was done very professionally.
Foothill Ranch, CA |
Very professional and efficient! Would recommend to others. His staff is awesome!
in Chino Hills, CA |
Very profession staff. I knew I was in good hands and made the right choice. Very routines operation with no issues.
Foothill Ranch, CA |
Things appear to be progressing well. I had a very large hernia so recovery is taking longer than per Dr. Harris' literature. Which makes sense. But, it would have been to have been told to expect it then I would have adjusted my plans and activities accordingly. However, to get a really good review, you should check back with me in a few months. I may have great things to say then.
Foothill Ranch, CA |
Dr Harris is friendly and he'll answer questions or concerns you might have!
Foothill Ranch, CA |
Dr. Harris was very professional and thorough. He and his staff were friendly and helpful.
Very professional and obviously knowledgeable. Recommend highly.
San Juan Capistrano, CA |
My hernia procedure operation went well and the recovery was excellent with some minor discomfort.
Foothill Ranch, CA |
I did a lot of research before selecting Dr. Harris. It is almost four weeks since the surgery and I am very pleased with the outcome.
Imperial valley,ca |
Dr Harris treated me excellent and made me feel secure of having the surgery done by him
in Foothill Ranch, CA |
Great experience.Operation was successful.
Foothill Ranch, CA |
As a physician myself, I was impressed with Dr. Harris and his office staff from the very start. My surgery went very smoothly, and I am entirely satisfied with the result.
in Huntington Beach, CA |
Dr. Harris was excellent to deal with -- competent, courteous and personable. He explained everything about hernia surgery clearly and made me feel confident that everything would work out fine, which it did. Without reservation I would recommend Dr. Harris to family and friends. I hope never to need his services again, but should I develop another hernia, there is no question that he is the doctor I would choose. Likewise, his staff was exceptional and very helpful.
in Irvine, CA |
Very professional and was able to see me much sooners hen anyone else.
in Mission Viejo, CA |
From the office staff to Dr. Harris himself, my experience was great! The office staff coordinated everything with my insurance and the staff at Orange Coast Memorial was outstanding. Dr. Harris is everything he's Yelped up to be! I've had friends who also had Dr. Harris perform their surgeries with the same results!
Irvine, CA |
Quick appointments set up and surgery quick
Huntington Beach, CA |
Personable, professional, efficient.
Foothill Ranch, CA |
I would recommend Dr. Harris because of his caring attention to my specific needs and concerns. The staff was also friendly and courteous.
Alhambra, ca |
Dr. Harris and the staff were professional and knowledgable. I would recommend Dr. Harris to all my family and friends.
Santa Monica, CA |
My experience with Dr. Harris and his staff was amazing from beginning to end. I had read other reviews online prior to considering a surgeon and While there are many other surgeons closer to home, I'm glad I made the decision to drive to Newport Beach from Santa Monica. The surgery left me feeling only a little discomfort for a couple of days but no real pain. Having the right surgeon using the right materials and methods made my procedure as good as it could have been. Thank you, Dr. Harris!
Irvine, CA |
Dr. Harris and his staff were outstanding from start to finish. I am 100 percent satisfied with my procedure and could not have imagined things going any better or smoother.
Very professional!
Great experience all the way around. I felt very safe and confident in Dr. Harris's care and expertise.
in Laguna Niguel, CA |
Very personable staff, and everything was explained clearly. Both the surgery and follow-up went as described. The surgery center personnel were very pleasant.
Irvine, CA |
Dr. Harris was efficient, but I did not feel very well informed before the surgery.
I'm sorry that you didn't feel we discussed the details of your surgery during your consultation. We do try to be efficient with your time, but we still want to ensure that you are well informed. Since you did not leave your name, I don't know if you have already had your surgery, but if not we would be happy to see you again in our office for more questions, or discuss you case over the phone if you desire. Thank you for your feedback, Dr. Harris
Irvine, CA |
Very pleased with all aspects of prep, operation, post op. Web site is very beneficial. Dr. Harris,nurses & staff all great. No negatives
Have you seen Dr. Todd Harris, MD?

Compare Dr. Harris

}

Dr. Harris' Care Philosophy

Dr. Harris says...

Dr. Harris has developed specialty care for the treatment of abdominal wall hernias, as well as uterine fibroids. Through these focused, dedicated medical practices, patients can receive the latest, minimally invasive, cutting-edge treatments available.

Dr. Harris is one of the highest volume surgeons in California for hernia repairs, both open and laparoscopic. Within his center, he has an accredited ambulatory surgery center to ensure the most comprehensive and consistent surgical care. His center is designated as a Center of Excellence for the treatment of uterine fibroids and uterine fibroid embolization (UFE).

Dr. Harris says...

Dr. Harris' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in General Surgery
  •  Board certified in General Surgery

Dr. Harris has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for California.

Why It Matters: Dr. Harris' Board Certifications

• General Surgery

• Abdominal Hernia
  • Acute Cholecystitis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Cholecystitis
  • Lipomas
  • Liver Cancer
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Thrombosis

Completed in 2007

Clemson University

Graduated in 1995

• Vietnamese

Dr. Harris does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harris and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• General Surgery