Dr. Todd Harris, MD

Dr. Todd Harris, MD

General Surgery | Male

Todd S. Harris, MD 4501 Birch St, Newport Beach, CA 92660 Get Directions

Learn about this Doctor

Dr. Todd S. Harris is board certified in General Surgery, fellowship trained in Interventional Radiology, as well as highly experienced in minimally invasive Surgery. Dr. Harris is a Fellow of the American College of Surgeons, one of the highest distinctions for a general surgeon. He is the Medical Director of the medical practice and coordinates all clinical functions of the office and surgical center for patients. Patients can visit http://www.CaliforniaHerniaSpecialists.com and http://www.FibroidTreatmentCenter.com for more information about Dr. Harris and our medical practices. Dr. Harris is the highest rated surgeon on HealthGrades.com and Vitals.com, and has been featured by the Orange County Medical Association for his specialty health care. He has been awarded the 2014 and 2015 Physician of Excellence awards, published by the Orange County Register, as well as Coast Magazine. He has received the 2014 and 2015 Rising Star Award published in LA Magazine.Read more

Dr. Harris' Experience

96Experience
Match

See how Dr. Harris' experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Harris

Dr. Harris accepts 7 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 1 hospitals where Dr. Harris has admitting privileges.

Hospital Quality Awards

Dr. Harris' Reviews

Help millions of people find the right doctor. Share your experience today!
Likelihood of recommending Dr. Harris to family and friends
Experience with Dr. Harris
Dr. Harris' Office & Staff
    Under 10 minutes (686)
Dr. Todd Harris, MD says

I know that visiting a surgeon for the first time can be a scary experience. That's why I want to express my gratitude to my patients who take the time to fill out Patient Surveys about their experience with myself, and my office. I hope that all of the feedback from my prior patients helps ease the anxiety for my future patients! Thank you to all my prior patients, Todd S. Harris, MD, FACS

Excellent care
Irvine, CA |
Dr. Harris is quick and efficient, doesn't waste any time getting to problem and securing OR time.
No pain meds necessary!
in Also Viejo, CA |
Excellent professionalism and customer service. It was a very smooth experience. Dr.Harris makes you surgery feel like a walk in the park.
Long beach |
Very knowledgeable and efficient operation.
in Los Alamitos, CA |
Dr. Harris and his staff were both friendly and professional. This has been by far my best experience with any medical group. My only criticism is that at times it is hard to reach their office personnel by phone.
in Irvine, CA |
Very good experience. no problems. Went exactly as described.
in Chino hills, CA |
Awesome service awesome care Great bed side manor truly cares about your care!!!
Irvine, CA |
I had an excellent experience with Dr Harris, his staff, the surgical center, the anesthesiologist, and post operation staff throughout the diagnosis, preparation, surgery, and post surgery for repair of my right inguinal (groin) hernia. Total surgery time was 1 hour with the actual surgery portion only taking 35 minutes, no complications or anything out of the ordinary. A little over two weeks after the surgery now and I'm feeling great! I would highly recommend Dr Harris!
Irvine, CA |
It was a positive experience from the beginning to the end. Dr. Harris was absolutely wonderful.
Irvine, CA |
Excellent physician. Highly skilled and competent professional. His staff was always helpful and friendly.
Irvine, CA |
Rushed meeting, didn't looked at CT scan brought to meeting to determine if surgery was even needed. $500 charge for 6 min., with no real feed back. They wanted to rush to surgery without even telling me what the CT scan showed. Wouldn't recommend.
I appreciate the feedback on your experience in my office. I always try to spend as much time as possible discussing surgery and answering questions but clearly did not do that in your case. Often reviewing CT scans and ultrasounds is not required if the hernia is easy to diagnose. I never try and rush patients into surgery so I am sorry you felt that is what we recommended. We would be happy to see you again and review your images and discuss your options in more detail. Dr. Harris, 08/2016
Irvine, CA |
Great friendly and knowledgeable staff. Dr. Harris was great, he is very good at what he does. Great patient care.
Irvine, CA |
Friendly, knowledgeable and Made me feel comfortable
Excellent doctor
All good.
Irvine, CA |
Great surgery experience with Dr Harris and his team. Everything in detail he explained I would feel I experienced.
in Irvine, CA |
It was great every thing was on time
Irvine, CA |
I would definitely recommend Dr Harris to others who may be interested in having this procedure. His staff was awesome! Very helpful and patient.
Dr Harris and his staff were extremely friendly, helpful and willing to answer any questions. Appointments were on time and the office was very modern. Surgery was successful and provided relief !
Irvine, CA |
I can't speak highly enough about Dr. Harris and his team. I was overwhelmed and depressed about my fibroid diagnosis. I went to three gynecologists and all of them recommended surgery. Thank God I found The Fibroid Treament Center. They took care of my insurance and and got me scheduled for my procedure in less than two weeks. I just wish my PCP and Dentist office was this efficient.
in Irvine, CA |
Dr Harris along with his entire staff were absolutely wonderful. The day of surgery, Lindsey explained everything in great detail. The procedure was smooth and the recovery was not as painful as previously explained. During the weeks after surgery, I got my energy back and I resumed to my normal activities. I can't thank Dr Harris enough for his dedication to this procedure.
Irvine, CA |
I was nervous going into the procedure, but the nurses had nothing but good things to say about Dr. Harris. Recovery was as expected, and I could really tell that Dr. Harris's quality of work was top notch. I opted for the bilateral laparoscopic surgery and the incisions were very small. Thank you Dr. Harris.
in Irvine, CA |
Explained procedure. Very professional. Tremendous doctor.
in Santa Ana, CA |
Dr. Harris performed laparoscopic double hernia repair with mesh three weeks ago and I couldn't be happier with the results. Being a chiropractor for over thirty years and always wanting to be there for my patients, I was concerned about the length of the recovery. I had the surgery on a Friday and a few days later on Wednesday I was back at the office working on my patients. It's been three weeks now and I feel great. I sincerely recommend Dr. Harris to my family, my friends and my patients.
in Chino, CA |
Doctor Harris has been the best Doctor I have ever been to. I can't believe how smooth the whole process went from the first appointment to the surgery and recovery. Thanks to Doctor Harris and staff.
in Irvine, CA |
Took care of the hernia quit, easy to talk to about condition
in Irvine, CA |
Excellent- lots of info available on website, staff answered all questions & dr Harris answered all my questions. I never felt rushed. Procedure went well and results, so far, seem great
in Glendale, CA |
I felt very comfortable placing myself in his care.
in Claremont, CA |
Everyone at the practice and surgical center was very friendly and professional. Dr. Harris demonstrates a genuin interest in his patients.
in West Covina, ca |
Dr. Harris is very personable and makes you feel so comfortable. All of the staff that I delt with were also so friendly. They all made me feel safe in their care. Probably the best medical team I've ever had the pleasure to meet.
in Marina del Rey, CA |
Great doctor and a nice guy.
in Los Angeles, CA |
Dr.Harris was wonderful!! He was very kind and patient and made the whole experience seamless. He answered all my questions and created a great website that provided a lot of information about hernias, different options for hernia repair and what to expect pre- and post operative FAQ's that were right on point!! I am very happy with my recovery and results and will recommend Dr. Harris to all my friends and family!!
in Irvine, CA |
Made me feel comfortable about everything.
in Placentia, ca |
Made appt for procedure quick & dr was very nice
in Midway City CA |
Everything went smoothly, but as a patient it is all new to me so I was unnecessarily overly concerned. Not sure if any more hand holding would have helped.
in Mission Viejo CA |
professional and very friendl he took time to answer all my question thoroughly??
in Westminster, Ca. |
Dr. Harris was friendly, professional, and extolled confidenice. These qualities insured that my experience with Dr. Harris was positive and would definitely recommend his services.
in Laguna Niguel, CA |
Outstanding from first appointment through surgery and final post-op appointment for checkup!
in Yorba Linda, CA |
Dr. Harris Very professional Prompt (didn't keep me waiting in the exam room) Patient oriented. He really gave me a feeling of confidence during recovery. Highly recommended...5 stars
Irvine, CA |
Very thorough initial consultation, the office Staff was very helpful, the surgery team was amazing; I really appreciated my discharge nurse calling me the next day when she said she would to follow up - many thanks to the entire team.
Irvine, CA |
Very pleasant. Felt very comfortable.
in New York, NY |
Very nice and informative.
in South gate ca |
Excellent! The attention I Recieved during surgery and post surgery was 10/10.
in Norwalk, CA |
Dr. Harris was great! Very informative made very thing clear and understanding . Thank you
in Laguna Hills, CA |
I visited several doctors before having my surgery. I am extremely happy that I selected Dr Harris to perform my procedure. Every aspect from the initial consultation, surgery, and post-op was a 5 star experience. Dr. Harris and his staff are outgoing, well organized and very patient oriented. Appointment times are respected, with a minimum wait. The outpatient surgical center was really top notch.... very caring and responsive. If you need a hernia specialist, Dr Harris is the man.
in Corona, CA |
Outstanding competency and professionalism
in Irvine, CA |
Knowledgable, listened to all concerns and answered all questions. Fabulous experience!
DANA POINT, CA |
Friendly, patient and smart.
in Lake Forest, Ca |
Very friendly and caring. Dealing with Dr Harris and his entire staff was great. I highly recommend Dr Harris.
Have you seen Dr. Todd Harris, MD?

Compare Dr. Harris

• General Surgery

Why It Matters: Dr. Harris' Board Certifications

• General Surgery

Dr. Harris says..

Dr. Harris has developed specialty care for the treatment of abdominal wall hernias, as well as uterine fibroids. Through these focused, dedicated medical practices, patients can receive the latest, minimally invasive, cutting-edge treatments available.

Dr. Harris is one of the highest volume surgeons in California for hernia repairs, both open and laparoscopic. Within his center, he has an accredited ambulatory surgery center to ensure the most comprehensive and consistent surgical care. His center is designated as a Center of Excellence for the treatment of uterine fibroids and uterine fibroid embolization (UFE).

This information was supplied by or on behalf of the provider.
  • Abdominal Hernia
  • Acute Cholecystitis
  • Acute Deep Vein Thrombosis (DVT)
  • Cholecystitis
  • Lipomas
  • Liver Cancer
  • Peripheral Arterial Disease of Extremities
  • Peripheral Arterial Embolism and Thrombosis
  • Peripheral Vascular Disease (PAD, PVD)
  • Thrombosis

• Varicose Vein Procedure
  • Varicose Vein Surgery
  • Vascular Procedure
  • Vertebroplasty

No malpractice history found for California.

Medical University of South Carolina

University Of Minnesota Hospital and Clinic

Completed in 2007

Clemson University

Graduated in 1995

Dr. Harris has no media or publications listed.

• Vietnamese

Dr. Harris does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Harris and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

×

Dr. Harris' experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

• Specializes in General Surgery
  • Board certified in General Surgery
×

Why Does Experience Matter?

Patient Satisfaction Results for Dr. Harris

Overall Patient Satisfaction Score

Dr. Harris' Office & Staff

Ease of scheduling urgent appointments
Office environment, cleanliness, comfort, etc.
Staff friendliness and courteousness
Total wait time (waiting & exam rooms)

Experience with Dr. Harris

Level of trust in provider's decisions
How well provider explains medical condition(s)
How well provider listens and answers questions
Spends appropriate amount of time with patients

Dr. Harris' Care Philosophy