Dr. Todd Handel, MD

Pain Medicine ·  Male · Age 47

Dr. Handel

Handel Cntr Fr Spne Sprts&Pn

100 Highland Ave Ste 102 Providence, RI 02906

Dr. Todd Handel, MD is a pain medicine specialist in Providence, RI and has been practicing for 22 years. He graduated from University Of Michigan Medical School in 1997 and specializes in pain medicine and physical medicine & rehabilitation.

Dr. Handel accepts

Dr. Handel accepts the following insurance:

Pathway X Ind PPO Direct Access CT
Tufts PPO

Healthgrades does not collect malpractice claims information for Rhode Island

Check Dr. Handel's experience treating your condition or procedure

Dr. Handel's Top Procedures and Conditions

Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)

Dr. Handel treats Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow) more than 98% of his peers

Dr. Handel treats this condition more than 98% of his peers

Rating Includes other areas of care:

• Lateral Epicondylitis (Tennis Elbow)
  • Medial Epicondylitis (Golfer's Elbow)
Low Back Pain

• Chest Wall Pain Syndrome
  • Chronic Pain
  • Coccygeal Pain
  • Discography
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Epidural Block, Facet Blocks
  • Epidural Cortisone Injection
  • Facet Joint Injection
  • Lateral and Medial Epicondylitis (Tennis and Golf Elbow)
  • Myofascial Pain
  • Myofascial Trigger Point Injection
  • Neck Muscle Strain
  • Nerve Block, Somatic
  • Nerve Destruction by Neurolytic Agent
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Osteoarthritis of Hand or Wrist

37.28813559322034%

Dr. Handel?
Dr. Handel's Performance
What People Say About Dr. Todd Handel, MD
when you have an appointment with Dr Handel he always takes the time to explain everything in detail and always gives you more than one option of treatment. Very comforting and helps put you at ease.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
awful pain in my hip/leg. Pain was excruciating. My primary care doctor was puzzled. referred to Dr. Handel. When I explained my symptoms he asked questions. said he knew what was wrong! Tried conservative treatment PT helped but pain still debilitating. Had epidural injection which was a bit uncomfortable.BUT it was WORTH IT pain is gone. I am so thankful to Dr. Handel. Before I had this procedure my life had stopped. I was taking pain med & I could not do anything. I have no more pain!!!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
During lumbar nerve block injection for herniated disc, I felt lightning go down spine & upper thigh. Electric shock caused thigh muscle to seize in worst Charlie Horse ever. I screamed in pain & try to reach thigh to massage cramp, but Dr stop me by pinning down my shoulders & back. Only yelled at me to stop screaming / moving & refused to massage cramp for me or let nurse, so I "could" stop screaming. No idea what happen cuz Dr didn't check on me after & avoided eye contact in recovery room 2x
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
Lived with the pain for 5 years. Had an injection 40 years ago - said I would never do again. Was a mistake waiting so long. When I requested Dr. Handel notify me when when the "big needle" would be inserted into my hip, he responded "I'm done". Wow! I got up and walked out. As the staff told me, it took a few days to take effect. Feels great!. Went for a follow-up yesterday - was out of there in 15 minutes. Thanks Doc & Bryant!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
Does great work!!! I come here from states away to get a back shot that's effective. I've had many elsewhere that did not work. Plus, Dr. Handel is a good person. He has empathy when it counts. The staff is very friendly and the wait is minimal. I highly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
Have been a long term patient of Dr. Handel and always find him pleasant and professional. He has made life tolerable for me again and continues to care about my ability to function and enjoy life. My only regret is not seeing him sooner.....
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
I have been a patient of Doctor Handel for many years now and I love the way he takes the time to listen to my complains and he tell me just what is my options .he is a wonderful human being and i love his staff . the man is an angel to me I am very fortunate to have him for a Doctor .
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
I have RSD aka Complex Regional Pain Syndrome. I have seen many specialists to get some help with keeping the pain under control. Many other doctors made me feel like the pain was "in my head." Dr. Handel and his staff immediately made me feel at ease. Everyone in the office was very professional and friendly. The doctor took the time to read my history, review my scans and presented me with SEVERAL options. I cannot say enough about the knowledge Dr. Handel has as well as his staff.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
Dr. Handel is very knowledgable and was very caring and patient with me and answered all of my questions. He took the time to listen and offer his advice and expertise in treating me and I strongly recommend him.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
I was in daily pain and could scarcely walk when my primary care doctor referred me to Dr. Handel. Dr. Tod Handel diagnosed my problem with pinpoint precision very quickly, when others had been stymied. Within a few weeks I was able to get a targeted treatment that was revolutionary for me. I could walk again, pain free, within a few days off the treatment! Eight months later I had a second treatment which has lasted at least as long as the first treatment! I am endlessly grateful to Dr. Handel.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
Dr. Handel was one of the rudest physicians I have ever met. He entered the examination room on a crusade, without taking the time to talk to me and develop a fuller understanding of why I was there in the first place. He's very impersonal and brusk which might be an indication of his insecurities as a physician, or maybe it's just a personality disorder. I waited 2 weeks to see him, and the appointment accomplished nothing aside from leaving me feeling utterly defeated.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
Dr. Handel spent a lot of time with me. Other doctors I had seen did not know anything about my complex medical history and he knew everything and had made notes to ask me about specific programs.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
Lacks bedside manners. Stereotypes patients. God like complex. doesn't care about overall health of patient. Biggest mistake seeing him. Lovely staff tho
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
I can't speak to whether the Dr. is good or bad, because he never gave me the chance to meet him and talk to him about my situation. I have family that sees him very regularly and they were just as taken back and appalled at how things turned out. It's my feeling that any Doctor should have a sit down with the patient to find out whats going on before throwing the their file in the garbage!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
Back injection worked great!
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
Office does not respond after asking for confidential medical info. Receptionist states your records are in review and will contact you. However, I never received a follow up phone call.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
My junior year of college I woke with the worst migraine I've ever had and was rushed to the emergency room. I then spent over 30 days in the hospital with a never ending migraine. I was sent home and an explanation was never found. I missed a whole semester of college and my migraines have never ended. My mother suggested I see Dr. Handel. The best thing I ever did in my life. He treats me every 3 months and I have yet to have had another migraine. Thank you so much Dr. Handel
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
I have had back & neck problems my entire life. Dr. Handel became my doctor 8 years ago at a time that I was practically bed ridden and I could not even lift my arms. It was extremely difficult to work and I was considering disability. With his care and maintenance I feel as though I have a new body and feel great. Over the years I have referred several people to him and every person has had great results and is thankful he became their doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?
Dr. Handel took the time to listen me. He made sure that I understood the plan going forward. He has compassion like no other pain doctor.
×Post a ResponseAre you Dr. Todd Handel, MD?

How was your experience with Dr. Handel?

Check the quality of care at hospitals where Dr. Handel treats patients.

Miriam Hospital