Dr. Todd Bell, MD

Dr. Todd Bell, MD

Orthopedic Arthroscopy  |
Dr. Todd Bell, MD is an orthopedic arthroscopy doctor who practices in Chattanooga, TN. He is 49 years old and has been practicing for 21 years. Read his story

2415 McCallie Ave

Chattanooga, TN 37404

• Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee

Learn about Dr. Bell

See how frequently Dr. Bell performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Medial Collateral Ligament (MCL) Sprain
Rotator Cuff Surgery
Shoulder Disorders

Dr. Bell's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

Dr. Bell's bio

This content was provided by Dr. Bell "Todd D. Bell is a Chattanooga native, a graduate of the Baylor School and the University of Alabama. He earned his medical degree at the University of Alabama-Birmingham. As a student, he was honored by being awarded the Outstanding Medical Student of the Year at the Tuscaloosa Veterans Affairs Medical Center. Dr. Bell served an Internship in General Surgery and his Residency in Orthopaedic Surgery at the Medical University of South Carolina. During his Residency, he donated his time and talents by traveling to Haiti, providing surgical care to a rural Haitians. Dr. Bell completed a Fellowship in Sports Medicine and Traumatology at Lake Tahoe Orthopaedic Institute. It was then that he was recruited to come home to Chattanooga and join the Center for Sports Medicine and Orthopaedics. Along with his practice of general orthopaedics, Dr. Bell is instrumental in our sports medicine program and has treated hundreds of student athletes from area high schools and colleges."

This content was provided by Dr. Bell ""It's wonderful to be back home where I can help students heal from injuries they sustain while playing sports. My goal for all of my patients is to see them kick field goals, hit home runs, and run harder and faster than ever." – Dr. Todd Bell"

• Orthopedic Arthroscopy

• Bone Cancer
  • Broken Arm
  • Broken Neck
  • Chondrocalcinosis
  • Enthesopathy of Knee (incl. Bursitis of Knee)
  • Ganglion Cyst

• Shoulder Fracture Treatment
  • Shoulder Fracture and Dislocation Treatment
  • Synovial Biopsy
  • Viscosupplementation With Hyaluronate

No malpractice history found for Tennessee.

• University Of Birmingham
    Medical School | Graduated 1996

Dr. Bell has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Bell does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Bell and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Bell's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Bell to family and friends
Dr. Bell Says:

Thank you for taking the time to review. We appreciate all feedback as our goal is to provide the best in patient care.

Dr. Bell's Performance
in Signal Mountain, TN |
Dr. Bell is easy to talk to and cares about his patients. I moved to Chattanooga over a year ago and Dr. Bell was recommended to me by a former patient of his. I was impressed with his bedside manner and his ability to explain and include my thoughts in his treatment plan. I highly recommend Dr. Bell.
in Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Bell is very professional and knowledgeable. He operated on my shoulder last year and I was very pleased. I recently had a check up on both knees. I would recommend him very highly to anyone.
in Ringgold, GA |
Dr. Bell is extremely professional ans thorough. He took thr timr to explain in detail each option available for treatment and the benefits and risks of each one. I never felt pressured into making a decision on the spot.
Hixson, TN |
Dr. Bell is the best orthopedic surgeon I’ve ever dealt with. He’s always been my first choice. He’s done two surgeries on my knee and helped me avoid a surgery on my shoulder by doing physical therapy that was successful.
in Ringgold, GA |
My daughter is seeing Dr Bell for knee injury. He and his staff are very friendly and professional and have taken their time with our visits to make sure the treatment plans are understood fully. I have had to call day of pains and was able to get in with hardly any wait times most of the time same or next day. My family has seen a few different doctors in this group for varies injuries and surgeries and they are all great. I would not trust any other orthopedic group with my families care.
in Ringgold, GA |
Very straight forward with you. Lay's out your options and executes his plan wonderfully. Highy recommended.
Ringgold |
Dr Bell is thorough and does not rush into a surgical answer. He is thorough and kind and has a great dr-patient relationship.
in Chattanooga, TN |
I wouldn't have wanted to have gone to any other doctor. He's the nicest person ever. He knows what he's doing and is very good at it.
in Dunlap, TN |
My experience with Dr.Bell has been very good .I would highly recommend him if you ever need shoulder surgery.
in Chattanooga |
Dr. Bell was very informative about my injury explaining my MRI results. He was friendly and took the time to answer my questions.
in Chattanooga |
Dr. Bell was very thorough and answered all of my questions. He really put my mind at ease about my injury and recovery.
in Chattanooga, TN |
Dr. Bell diagnosed an injury to my shoulder that had been over looked by other medical personals. I would definitely recommend him to all my family and friends !
in Ringgold, GA |
Dr. Bell was very thorough in examining me & showed me my MRI results. Seemed genuinly interested in my injury. He made me feel welcome. His Dr/patient relationship is one all Dr's should model. I feel very confident letting him operate on my shoulder.
in Ringgold, GA |
Dr. Bell would highly recommend by me.
Hixson, TN |
Dr Bell has been very attentive and detail oriented as we spoken about my daughter's injury and surgery. Everything has gone wonderfully well and her recovery has been excellent. I would highly recommend.
in Chattanooga, TN |
Makes you feel super comfortable. Truly listens and feels like he cares. You feel confident with him.
Chattanooga, TN |
I like Dr. Bell and I think he is knowledgeable. My first visit went quickly and ran on time. My second visit was much different. My appointment was at 9:00. Dr. Bell got into the room at 10:20. He asked how I was and I told him I was frustrated because of the length of my wait. He seemed surprised that I would be upset and apologized. I work and have deadlines. I chose an early morning appointment thinking he surely couldn't get too far behind between 8:00 and 9:00. Boy was I wrong!
Thank you for taking the time to review us and for your feedback.
Have you seen Dr. Todd Bell, MD?

Visit Dr. Bell

Dr. Bell accepts 21 insurance carriers
  • Bakery & Confectionary Union Plan
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Georgia
    Blue Open Access POS
  • Blue Cross Blue Shield of Tennessee
    Blue Network E
  • Golden Rule
  • Government Employees Health Association (GEHA)
    GEHA