Dr. Todd Alexander, MD

Dr. Todd Alexander, MD

Neurosurgery | Male

OrthoIllinois 5875 E Riverside Blvd Rockford, IL 61114 Get Directions

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself and my experience in healthcare. I am a Rockford native and alumnus of Guilford High School in Rockford. Following graduation I attended the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York, where I earned the Distinguished Cadet Star Award - an honor only bestowed on the top 5% of the class. I pursued further higher education at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana where I earned my Bachelor's degree with High Distinction in the double majors of chemistry and philosophy. I continued my graduate studies and earned my masters in organic chemistry at the University of Illinois in Chicago before entering Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri – one of the top medical centers in the country. Upon graduation from medical school, I completed my residency training program at University of Chicago Hospitals in Chicago, Illinois before returning to Rockford to establish my neurosurgery practice. For 20 years I treated the neurosurgical needs of adult and pediatric patients in the northern Illinois region as a private practitioner, where I earned my reputation for excellent outcomes, personalized service, and pioneering important medical firsts in our community, including: •First awake craniotomy for brain tumor resection •First artificial cervical and artificial lumbar disc implantations •First endoscopic brain surgery •First implantation of a programmable ventriculoperitoneal shunt for hydrocephalus •First to utilize intraoperative angiography for cerebral aneurysm surgery •First to perform intracranial thrombolysis for intraventricular hemorrhage Now, as part of the OrthoIllinois organization, I bring that same commitment to treating disorders of the brain, spine and peripheral nerves by utilizing the most advanced proven techniques and providing the highest quality care for my patients. Thank you for entrusting me with your care. I look forward to meeting with you.

Dr. Alexander's Experience

See how Dr. Alexander's experience matches your preferences.

Visiting Dr. Alexander

Dr. Alexander accepts 11 insurance carriers

Check out the quality of care at the 2 hospitals where Dr. Alexander has admitting privileges.

Dr. Alexander's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Alexander to family and friends
3.7
Dr. Alexander's Performance
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Alexander is great and very pleasant. He explained my surgery very clearly and I am very happy with he results.
in Rockford, IL |
Dr. Alexander is very caring and concerned about his patients. I was very pleased with Dr. Alexanders care.
in Rockford, IL |
Four months ago I was in terrible pain and today I am pain free and a functioning human being.
If anyone has a spine disorder I would highly suggest Dr. Alexander
Rockford, IL |
Excelllent care by all members of his team
in Illinois |
Dr Alexander,his nurses and staff are all amazing, caring,and compassionate.I was diagnosed with neropathy 5 years ago and have been on meds and lived in pain everyday. I couldn't bend my left leg i had pain walking,severe leg cramping i couldnt sleep.i went to dr Alexander he recommended surgery.i had surgery jan-6 17 Dr Alexander is a miracle worker.it has only been 6 weeks and im off all meds including pain.he said to still take it easy.i cant thank Dr Alexander enough for giving me my life b
1 star is too much for neurosurgeon Dr Todd Alexander. Worst bedside manner. Evaluates people via electronic means, 0 hands-on approach! Never touched my loved 1 till operation. Lack of faith in his patients is surpassed only by what must be a huge lack of faith in his ability to treat patients & save lives thru modern medicine! Costly errors in treatment. Don't go to Rockford, IL, OSF St Anthony Medical Center (great nurses though) or Dr Alexander. GO ELSEWHERE, YOUR LIFE DEPENDS ON IT!
in Rockford, IL |
I highly recommend Dr. Alexander to anyone who needs to see a neurosurgeon!! He is very knowledgeable about the procedures he performs and explains things very clearly to the patient. Dr. Alexander's first concern is his/the patient and their needs and/or concerns.
Rockford, IL |
He operated on me and did a spinal fusion. My recovery was rocky. I awoke from surgery with my right leg completely numb and the left leg numb from the knee down. the left leg came back, the right leg did not. On my final post-op visit, he leaned back in his chair and said, "it appears that you back is worse now than before your surgery. Well, you win some and you lose some." Every day I suffer from the back pain this physician caused.
Have you seen Dr. Todd Alexander, MD?
Are you Dr. Alexander?

Compare Dr. Alexander

Dr. Alexander says...

I would like to take this opportunity to tell you more about myself and my experience in healthcare.  I am a Rockford native and alumnus of Guilford High School in Rockford.  Following graduation I attended the United States Military Academy at West Point, New York, where I earned the Distinguished Cadet Star Award - an honor only bestowed on the top 5% of the class.

I pursued further higher education at Indiana University in Bloomington, Indiana where I earned my Bachelor's degree with High Distinction in the double majors of chemistry and philosophy.  I continued my graduate studies and earned my masters in organic chemistry at the University of Illinois in Chicago before entering Washington University School of Medicine in St. Louis, Missouri – one of the top medical centers in the country.  Upon graduation from medical school, I completed my residency training program at University of Chicago Hospitals in Chicago, Illinois before returning to Rockford to establish my neurosurgery practice.

•First awake craniotomy for brain tumor resection

•First artificial cervical and artificial lumbar disc implantations

•First endoscopic brain surgery

•First implantation of a programmable ventriculoperitoneal shunt for hydrocephalus

•First to utilize intraoperative angiography for cerebral aneurysm surgery

•First to perform intracranial thrombolysis for intraventricular hemorrhage

Thank you for entrusting me with your care.  I look forward to meeting with you.

Dr. Alexander's experience matches your search based on the following criteria:

•  Specializes in Neurosurgery
  •  Board certified in Neurosurgery

Dr. Alexander has no media or publications listed.

No malpractice history found for Illinois.

Why It Matters: Dr. Alexander's Board Certifications

• Brain Tumor
  • Brainstem Neoplasm
  • Broken Neck
  • Cerebral Hemorrhage
  • Cerebrospinal Fluid Leak (CSF Leak)
  • Cervical Disc Degeneration
  • Lumbar Herniated Disc
  • Lumbar Radiculopathy
  • Lumbar Spine Fracture
  • Meningiomas
  • Nerve Root Injury and Plexus Disorders (incl. Pinched Nerve)
  • Nerve Sheath Tumors

University Chicago Hosps

Completed in 1996

Indiana University

Graduated in 1986

Dr. Alexander does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Alexander and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your free profile.

• Neurosurgery

• Dural Repair or Other Spinal Cord Repair
  • Herniated Disc Surgery
  • Intracranial Arteriovenous Malformation (AVM) Repair
  • Kyphoplasty
  • Lamina Procedures (incl. Laminectomy, Laminoplasty, Laminotomy)
  • Peripheral Nerve Surgery