Dr. Titus Duncan, MD

Dr. Titus Duncan, MD

Bariatric Surgery  |
Titus D. Duncan, MD, FACS Dr. Titus D. Duncan is a 1978 graduate of University of Oklahoma School of Medicine. He completed his residency training at Georgia Baptist Medical Center. Dr. Duncan has practiced general surgery since 1983 and is affiliated with Atlanta Medical Center, Emory Crawford Long Hospital and Piedmont Hospital. He is a board certified surgeon and Fellow of the American College of Surgeons. He is member of numerous professional organizations. Dr. Duncan is the Director of Minimally Invasive & Bariatric Surgery at Atlanta Medical Center and Morehouse School of Medicine. He has taught minimally invasive and laparoscopic techniques to surgeons in the United States and abroad. Dr. Duncan is the founder of Peachtree Surgical & Bariatrics Associates, P.C. located in downtown Atlanta, Georgia. Peachtree Surgical and Bariatrics recently received the designation as a Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Bariatric Surgery (ASBS). He is a Health News Reporter and Expert Fox WAGA Channel 5 "Good Day Atlanta". Dr. Duncan is a pioneer in laparoscopic surgery. He is the first in Georgia to perform a minimally invasive surgical approach to the spine. He is one of the first surgeons in the State of Georgia to perform laparoscopic gastric bypass surgery for the morbidly obese. One of the first surgeons in the United States to successfully perform endoscopic transanxillary approach to remove the parathyroid gland; performed the first laparoscopic gallbladder removal and hernia repair in St. Petersburg, Russia; performed the first laparoscopic inguinal hernia repair in Salzburg, Austria; and performed the first laparoscopic removal of a gallbladder in a Black hospital in Johannesburg, South Africa shortly after the end of Apartheid. Dr. Duncan has presented and published extensively. Dr. Duncan is a member of Alpha Phi Alpha fraternity; Alpha Epsilon Delta Honor Society and 100 Black Men of Atlanta. He also serves on several boards. He served as the 2005 president of the Atlanta Medical Association. Dr. Duncan is the 100 Black Men of Atlanta's 2005 "Atlantans on the Move – Medicine" award recipient. Dr. Duncan was noted as one of the most interesting personalities in the 2006 edition of Who's Who in Black Atlanta. He was featured in the March 2007 issue of Ebony Magazine; article entitled - A Surgical "Cure" for Diabetes? Dr. Duncan completed a fellowship in Cosmetic Surgery in September 2007 and is now the CEO of Atlanta Aesthetic Surgery Center located in Buckhead Atlanta. He is featured in the January 2008 issue of Jezebel Magazine: Atlanta Luxury Living and was recently recognized as on of the "TOP DOCTORS" in America.

4200 Northside Pkwy NW

Atlanta, GA 30327

• Coventry Health Care of Georgia

Learn about Dr. Duncan

See how frequently Dr. Duncan performs your care needs compared to other doctors.

Obesity
Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
Esophageal Surgery

Dr. Duncan's percentages are based on the rate of treatment compared to peers nationwide from insurance data. Learn more info about our data and this Top Care Areas component.

• Bariatric Surgery

• Ulcer
  • Umbilical Hernia
  • Ventral Hernia

• Adjustable Gastric Banding
  • Bariatric Surgery (Weight Loss Surgery)
  • Colectomy
  • Head and Neck Surgery
  • Hernia Repair
  • Incisional Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Inguinal Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic
  • Intestinal Transplant (incl. Enterectomy)
  • Laparoscopic Bariatric Surgery
  • Stomach Surgery
  • Thyroidectomy
  • Thyroidectomy or Thyroid Lobectomy
  • Umbilical or Ventral Hernia Repair, Laparoscopic

No malpractice history found for Georgia.

• University Of Oklahoma
    Internship Hospital | Completed 1983
  • Georgia Baptist Medical Center
  • University Of Pittsburgh / Main Campus
    Fellowship Hospital | Completed 1999

Dr. Duncan has no media or publications listed.

Dr. Duncan does not have any memberships or affiliations listed. If you are Dr. Duncan and would like to add memberships or affiliations, please update your profile.

Dr. Duncan's Reviews

Likelihood of recommending Dr. Duncan to family and friends
Dr. Duncan's Performance
Just extremely thourough.
in Atlanta, GA |
I had no problems with the dr or staff.
Always pleasanr.
in Atlanta, GA |
Everybody was so caring .
in Atlanta, GA |
Great advice and help in nutrition. Always a delight and helpful!
Dr Duncan , is awesome.
in Atlanta, GA |
Very knowledgeable and professional staff.
in Atlanta, GA |
Very professional, personable, and knowledgeable.
in Atlanta, GA |
Attentive and caring. I have a healthier life with your help.
in Atlanta, GA |
Very knowledgeable and encouraging.
in Atlanta, GA |
Staff made me feel very comfortable and they were very professional.
in Atlanta, GA |
Dr Duncan changed my life...
in Atlanta, GA |
Very helpful staff was very nice.
in Atlanta, GA |
My doctor and the staff were exceptional.
in Atlanta, GA |
I am on my was to a successful and healthy weight.
in Atlanta, GA |
Love Vince..he is personable and knowledgable.
in Atlanta, GA |
Gives great feedback whether it's negative or positive.
in Atlanta, GA |
Very friendly and personable.
in Atlanta, GA |
Awesome! Ian so happy that I chose to come here. My life has changed for the better! I love PSB!
Wonderful staff.
in Atlanta, GA |
Vincent is the absolute best nutritionist ever.
in Atlanta, GA |
Doctor Duncan has been great. Very informative and good bedside manor.
in Minneapolis, MN |
Office staff was rude. Consistently failed to call me back, or call when they said they were going to. The dr failed to show up to an appointment that I rearrange do my work schedule to be at. I was lied to about the reason s insurance rejected my surgery. Horrible experience. I nevertheless met dr Duncan, but the office staff is a mess and incredibly rude.
in Atlanta, GA |
The staff is ALWAYS professional and friendly ...
in Atlanta, GA |
Great experience! Everyone was very helpful.
in Atlanta, GA |
I have had no issue other than amazing service from this office! Very very pleased.
in Cumming, GA |
Incompetent at best, dishonest at worst! 1. It took WEEKS of phone calls made by myself and the coordinator at the sleep lab to get the referral faxed for my sleep study 2. One of their employees lost the paperwork for my psych eval 3. No word or progress for 2 months from Peachtree, no returned calls or emails 4. Gave up on Peachtree and found a new Dr. took ANOTHER 2 MONTHS to get my records and this only happened AFTER filing a complaint w/ medical board.
in Marietta, GA |
I haven't even been scheduled for my surgery yet but am pretty frustrated. Consult in January of 2016 then changed insurance. Resumed visits in August 2016 with new insurance. I've been told completely different things on what my insurance company requires. First it was 6 months of weight loss visits and after my 2nd visit, I was told that I didn't need them.My roadmap was never updated. No one can find my old labs on file (visible in patient portal) and my "advocate" doesn't respond to contact
in Fairburn, GA |
Well I have not seen him yet , I scheduled my first appointment and it was with the Nurse Practitioner. Its now 9 months and I have made little to no progress with having my procedure done. I had to keep calling to get updates on paper work and just found yesterday that I still need 3 more things done before i can even get my date for the procedure. I called today and the phone lines are down... I have a job where I am out of town and makes it difficult to having to keep calling.
Yvette, I am so sorry that you have been having difficulty. We were in a transition period with our phones to where we had a lot of calls dropped and not able to receive calls. That problem is fixed now. Please reach out to our office at 404-881-8020. Megan is the manager for your bariatric process. She will be able to assist you and help with the process. Looking to hearing from you soon.
in Stone Mountain, GA |
Dr. T absolutely saved my life--maybe literally . I was borderline diabetic; had very sore knees and ankles; and various other weight related illnesses. Thanks to Dr. T, I lost 120 lbs. over a couple of years and have been able to keep it off for 7 years. Now I am looking for someone to do a full tummy tuck. Gastric Bypass is scary to think about but it was the best money I have ever spent. I would definitely recommend Dr. T Duncan to anyone.
Barbara, We are so very happy that you have had great success. I can give you several recommendations for your tummy tuck if you would like to reach out to me. Dr. Marl Crispin as well as Dr. Okoro are two well respected plastic surgeons. Debbie
in Barnesville, GA |
Dr. Duncan literally saved my life. I had been having thyroid problems and when my ENT and I started talking about surgery, I asked if he operated using lapriscopally and he said know and I wanted Lapriscopally done. He recommended Dr. Titus Duncan. Dr. DUNCAN SENT ME FOR A RADIOACTIVE TEST ON MY thyroid and it turned out it SHOWED I HAD 2 TUMOURS. HE OPERATED AND TOOK MY right Thyroid out and one Parathyroid and Thank God is was benign. It's back 5 years later and hewill perform my surgery.
in Atlanta, GA |
I got a call from the clinic and they told me my appointment was June 6, 2016. Immediately I put it into my phone as a reminder. June 6 comes, today, the day I'm posting and I walked up that hill. Yes walked! To what I think could of been an amazing, comforting and professional experience. I tell them my appointment and they tell me it is on June 8th at 1pm. Which is a lie. Someone switched my appointment for another date because I also wrote it down on an envelope with the directions. Hate it!
Simmone, I want to apologize for your experience with the practice on June 6th. We have taken measures into place so that this doesn't happen again. Also, to let you know we are opening a second location at Southern Regional Medical Center for patient convenience and there is no hill to climb. You can literally be at the door. Please let me know if there is anything I can do for you in the future. Also, our Southern Regional location has elevators. Debbie
in Griffin, GA |
I can in on the 3rd of May for an exam to set up for surgery to get a lap band removed that had slipped. I had been in the ER. I was told the scheduler would get back to me in 5-7 days. I had called 7 days later with no luck. I have been caller over and over again. She will not return my calls. It is pretty bad. I do not have ins. I am self pay and do have the money. Now it is 23 days later am out the money I paid up from for the consultation and have to find another doctors office.
Diane, Please give me a call so I can see what happened with our practice. I am so sorry that you had a bad experience. Always know that you can reach out to a manager for further assistance. Please call me at 404-881-8020 and I will be able to assist you. Debbie
in Douglasville, GA |
I would recommend Dr. Duncan because of the level of care that I received when going into his office. From the very first day on the phone while speaking with his staff to the surgical procedure that I received, his staff was nothing but caring and very professional.
Have you seen Dr. Titus Duncan, MD?

Visit Dr. Duncan